Start by marking “Eek! Halloween!” as Want to Read:
Eek! Halloween!

Eek! Halloween!

Boynton celebrates Halloween!

A new addition to the Boynton on Board series, with over 21 million copies sold, Eek! Halloween! is all treat and no tricks, a journey with Boynton and her nutty characters through the tradition of Halloween.

It starts with an uh-oh—the chickens are nervous! Strange things are happening. One chicken saw a pumpkin with flickering eyes, another
Board Book, 24 pages
Published August 23rd 2016 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Eek! Halloween!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eek! Halloween!

Start your review of Eek! Halloween!
Juliana Lee
Perfect little Halloween reader for your little trick-or-treaters. Find out what the chickens are afraid of, unless you're chicken too!
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Sandra Boynton is the queen of board books for young children!! I enjoyed reading this book, and couldn't wait to share it with my niece and nephew.

The words lend themselves to read-aloud-fun!! The giggles and smiles from my niece and nephew confirmed what I already knew - young kids and kids-at-heart will love this book and others by Sandra Boynton.

Highly recommended!
Panda Incognito
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have waited all my life for a board book that uses the word "intone." Plus: skittish chickens, great rhymes, and a thoroughly effective seasonal theme.
Ami
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, childrens
Read to my nephew on a chilly fall afternoon. Discovered when my now 16 year old son was around two, Sandra Boynton is still one of my all-time favorite artists & authors. ...more
Cissa
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Boynton, and this is a great Halloween board book!

Approved by both my grandsons!
Mama Bibliosoph
A brood of chickens, anxiety-ridden by the other animals all dressed in costumes, star in Sandra Boynton's latest work of genius. In her classic illustrative style of sweet cartoon animals against solid backgrounds, and with her easy rhyming prose, Boynton gently addresses the anxiety that kids may feel about seeing others dressed up.

Chickens cover their eyes and are "nervous," but everything is shown to be okay when a pig friend (it's the character Pookie, from her other books, I think) tells t
Susan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
We've been browsing Boynton books at stores in the hopes of finding ones similar to our favorite (her Going-to-Bed book). While on the lookout, we came across this one. Yes, it's seasonal but we'll probably use it year round anyway. Some of her books are just songs or lack storylines (those are the ones we don't buy), but this is a fun one about chickens being nervous about all the weird/unusual things happening around them (due to Halloween).

These books are the perfect size for little toddler
Tori
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The chickens are nervous! They keep seeing strange things: witches and robots and glowing pumpkins! What's going on? Relax, silly chickens! It's just Halloween.
A short, rhyming book that makes for a great addition to storytime, particularly for a mixed-age audience. The older kids love the silly pictures, while the book is geared toward the littlest ones. I used it for three different storytimes in October 2019 and all were well-received. Highly recommend.
Emma
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a little worried about using a board book in an all-ages storytime. (Will the size be too small to work? Will the older kids think it's too baby-ish?) I shouldn't have been. This is a very fun, simple Halloween story with GREAT rhyming text that's simple enough to recite from memory as you walk the book around the room so everyone can see the pictures.
Jennifer Cleary
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of our favorite Sandra Boynton books! The chickens are nervous about all the strange things going on. I love the way this book makes all the Halloween festivities seem mysterious because the chickens don't understand it's Halloween.

For more children's book recommendations join the Loud and Cleary Facebook Group at bit.ly/2Vk0MZE or visit https://loudandcleary.com/category/bo...
Eva_Amaré
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b
It's March, so clearly we don't subsrcibe to the idea that seasonal books need to be read at a certain time of the year. Silly and fun book, that made us all giggle, especially at the end when mama does silly voices and we all yell Boo and shriek Eeeeeek. 🐔🐔🐔
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
I have lost track of the number of times we have read this book. We don't even care that it isn't Halloween because this book cracks us up. And, yes, we totally have it memorized! Our daughter thinks it is absolutely hilarious.
Christine
This is a cute board book for Halloween from one of our favorite authors for toddlers. It's another of Boynton's fun rhyming stories. My son especially loves when the chickens go Eek!
Dana
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Boynton introduces Halloween in prose to toddlers.
Luke
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
Silly Halloween board book about some silly chickens that Mommy read to me often during the month of my first Halloween.
Summer
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The boys and I loved this short, funny Halloween book!
Lauren
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This is one of our favorites
Lauren Paulsen
Adorable. Little kids will love it!
Brittany
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
my kids love these stories
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so cute!
Anne C
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this one more than Spooky Pookie, though you can never really go wrong with Sandra Boynton!
Raven Black
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is Sandra Boynton. 'Nuff said
Mat
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
My youngest daughter (4) cannot get enough of Sandra Boynton's books. She loves everything about them. Every reading, and there have been many, is filled with her laughter and singing. Every parent with young kids should check this books out.
Kelly
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO stinking cute!
Onix Martinez
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute Book! Love Reading book with my nieces and Nanny Kids!!!
Christina Terriquez
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
I really enjoy reading this one to my toddler, and she really enjoys it when I read it to her. Such a fun and cute Halloween story!
Adrianne Rosal
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect board book I read to my little trick or treater. After reading it to her she wanted to eat the book. Lol! Find out what those chickens are so afraid of?!
Melissia Bruehl - Books and Sassy Lilacs
Come on, it's Sandra Boynton!  It's a cute and silly book, like her others, and we actually read it all year round!
Lynne
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You just can't go wrong with a Sandra Boynton book for your little ones - and this is no exception! I love it.
Syntha Green

• Little Blue Truck's Halloween
  • From Head to Toe
  • The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything
  • Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody
  • It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat!
  • The Pout-Pout Fish
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Christmas in the Manger
  • Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3
  • Pete the Cat: Trick or Pete
  • It Feels Good to Be Yourself: A Book About Gender Identity
  • Good Night, Gorilla
  • I'd Know You Anywhere, My Love
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more