Start by marking “Eek! Halloween!” as Want to Read:
Eek! Halloween!

Eek! Halloween!

Boynton celebrates Halloween!

A new addition to the Boynton on Board series, with over 21 million copies sold, Eek! Halloween! is all treat and no tricks, a journey with Boynton and her nutty characters through the tradition of Halloween.

It starts with an uh-oh—the chickens are nervous! Strange things are happening. One chicken saw a pumpkin with flickering eyes, another
Board Book, 24 pages
Published August 23rd 2016 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Eek! Halloween!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eek! Halloween!

Juliana Lee
Perfect little Halloween reader for your little trick-or-treaters. Find out what the chickens are afraid of, unless you're chicken too!
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Sandra Boynton is the queen of board books for young children!! I enjoyed reading this book, and couldn't wait to share it with my niece and nephew.

The words lend themselves to read-aloud-fun!! The giggles and smiles from my niece and nephew confirmed what I already knew - young kids and kids-at-heart will love this book and others by Sandra Boynton.

Highly recommended!
Panda Incognito
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have waited all my life for a board book that uses the word "intone." Plus: skittish chickens, great rhymes, and a thoroughly effective seasonal theme.
Ami
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, 2018
Read to my nephew on a chilly fall afternoon. Discovered when my now 16 year old son was around two, Sandra Boynton is still one of my all-time favorite artists & authors.
Cissa
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Boynton, and this is a great Halloween board book!

Approved by both my grandsons!
Mama Bibliosoph
A brood of chickens, anxiety-ridden by the other animals all dressed in costumes, star in Sandra Boynton's latest work of genius. In her classic illustrative style of sweet cartoon animals against solid backgrounds, and with her easy rhyming prose, Boynton gently addresses the anxiety that kids may feel about seeing others dressed up.

Chickens cover their eyes and are "nervous," but everything is shown to be okay when a pig friend (it's the character Pookie, from her other books, I think) tells t
Susan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
We've been browsing Boynton books at stores in the hopes of finding ones similar to our favorite (her Going-to-Bed book). While on the lookout, we came across this one. Yes, it's seasonal but we'll probably use it year round anyway. Some of her books are just songs or lack storylines (those are the ones we don't buy), but this is a fun one about chickens being nervous about all the weird/unusual things happening around them (due to Halloween).

These books are the perfect size for little toddler
Emma
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a little worried about using a board book in an all-ages storytime. (Will the size be too small to work? Will the older kids think it's too baby-ish?) I shouldn't have been. This is a very fun, simple Halloween story with GREAT rhyming text that's simple enough to recite from memory as you walk the book around the room so everyone can see the pictures.
Melissia Bruehl - Books and Sassy Lilacs
Come on, it's Sandra Boynton!  It's a cute and silly book, like her others, and we actually read it all year round!
Christine
This is a cute board book for Halloween from one of our favorite authors for toddlers. It's another of Boynton's fun rhyming stories. My son especially loves when the chickens go Eek!
Lauren Paulsen
Adorable. Little kids will love it!
Onix Martinez
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute Book! Love Reading book with my nieces and Nanny Kids!!!
Kelly
SO stinking cute!
Dana
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Boynton introduces Halloween in prose to toddlers.
Brittany
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
my kids love these stories
Syntha Green
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just lovely and funny.
Lynne
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You just can't go wrong with a Sandra Boynton book for your little ones - and this is no exception! I love it.
Lauren
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This is one of our favorites
Adrianne Rosal
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect board book I read to my little trick or treater. After reading it to her she wanted to eat the book. Lol! Find out what those chickens are so afraid of?!
Anne-Elizabeth
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this one more than Spooky Pookie, though you can never really go wrong with Sandra Boynton!
Mat
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
My youngest daughter (4) cannot get enough of Sandra Boynton's books. She loves everything about them. Every reading, and there have been many, is filled with her laughter and singing. Every parent with young kids should check this books out.
Hannah
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love all Sandra Boynton books!
Raven Black
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is Sandra Boynton. 'Nuff said
Luke
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
Silly Halloween board book about some silly chickens that Mommy read to me often during the month of my first Halloween.
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so cute!
Christina Terriquez
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
I really enjoy reading this one to my toddler, and she really enjoys it when I read it to her. Such a fun and cute Halloween story!
Summer
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The boys and I loved this short, funny Halloween book!
Celeste
Perfect for Halloween Baby Rhyme Time.
Celebrilomiel
Cute and clever. It has about as much substance as Halloween candy, so it's practically perfect for the holiday. The cadence of the rhyming text is a joy to read aloud (especially with dramatic inflection and accompanying sound effects).
Vicki
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A super cute new book by the queen of board books. Chickens, pumpkins and costumes - Oh my!
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Little Blue Truck's Halloween
  • Monster Trucks
  • Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer
  • I Know a Lot!
  • Little Boo
  • Baby Loves Aerospace Engineering!
  • Los Gatos Black on Halloween
  • Rhymoceros
  • Trains Go
  • Toot Toot Beep Beep
  • Yawn
  • Boo!
  • The Swing
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • Shivery Shades of Halloween
  • Crunch, the Shy Dinosaur
  • Penguin and Pumpkin (Penguin)
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more