Start by marking “Pip Bartlett und die magischen Tiere: Die brandgefährlichen Fussels (Pip Bartlett, #1)” as Want to Read:

Pip Bartlett und die magischen Tiere: Die brandgefährlichen Fussels

(Pip Bartlett #1)

Die neunjährige Pip Bartlett hat eine besondere Gabe: Sie kann mit magischen Tieren sprechen – mit Einhörnern, Seidengreifen und Hopp-Grackeln. Mit Eltern und Lehrern klappt die Verständigung allerdings manchmal nicht so gut. Weshalb Pip in den Sommerferien wegen des Einhorn-Vorfalls (wer denkt denn auch, dass die so doof sind!) zu ihrer Tante Emma verbannt wird. Emma ...more
Published March 28th 2016 by Heyne fliegt (first published April 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Pip Bartlett und die magischen Tiere, please sign up.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) That's entirely subjective. You might hate a book I thought was great, and I might hate what you think is the best ever. You have to read it to find…moreThat's entirely subjective. You might hate a book I thought was great, and I might hate what you think is the best ever. You have to read it to find out. Go to the library and check it out.(less)
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) That depends on your personal taste. Check it out of the library, read it and see what you think.

Start your review of Pip Bartlett und die magischen Tiere: Die brandgefährlichen Fussels (Pip Bartlett, #1)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
While it didn't blow me away, it was a charming and fun adventure! I adored the illustrations throughout the story, but I wanted more. I'll definitely be picking up the next book!
Maggie Stiefvater
Oct 03, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
I had such a blast writing this with Jackson (and also illustrating it has been delightful).

More to come closer to May '15.
jv poore
UPDATE:
Last night I gave this book to one of my favorite young readers. My son & her brother play baseball together and there is often time to kill before the game. Just a glance at the cover delighted her, she scampered off and cracked the book open.

The game began. She continued to read.

The game got pretty exciting (it's Little League, not MLB)....she continued to read.

The game ended, our team snagged the victory after being done 9 runs. Some of hair had turned white, and I desperately
Ahmad Sharabiani
Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures (Pip Bartlett #1), Jackson Pearce, Maggie Stiefvater
Pip is a girl, who can talk to magical creatures. Her aunt is a vet for magical creatures. And her new friend Tomas is allergic to most magical creatures. When things go amok, and they often go amok, Pip consults Jeffrey Higgleston’s Guide to Magical Creatures, a reference work that Pip finds herself constantly amending. Because dealing with magical creatures like unicorns, griffins, and fuzzles doesn’
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

I love Pip Bartlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures. In fact, I love it so much I wish I were 8 and I could experience this book as a kid.This is a book filled with great friendships, magic and tons of awesomeness.

Pip Bartlett is such a fun main character. She has always been able to talk to animals but no one believes she can. They think she lies and they think it’s inappropriate for a 9 year old to tell silly ‘lies’ like that. The thing is
Cecilia
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so funny and so cute! Love it!
mith
Um, illustrated by Maggie Stiefvater? Yes, duh, I'm gonna read it, middle grade or not.
Laura (Booksforbreakfast)
What an adorable and charming book! I first noticed the cover of this book when I was at Barnes and Noble. I didn’t realize Jackson Pearce wrote a middle grade novel with Maggie Stiefvater (whom I also love) and I knew I wanted to read it.

I enjoyed it SO much! It was adorable, fun, light, and funny. I found myself chuckling throughout the whole novel and found the characters so sweet and the animals were so creative. I loved the random drawings and descriptions of the creatures in the book, and
Anna - Boktycke
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014

*My version is an arc.
Such a charming book! It has pretty illustrations, great characters and freaking unicorns!!! Will definitely read the next book.

Review in Swedish at Boktycke.
Chelsea
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ages-9-12, arc
What a sweet and charming story!

This was a fun and lighthearted read that I was able to finish in a day. It had a loveable cast of characters and adorable illustrations. I know lots of kids at my school are going to enjoy reading this when it comes out.
Jay
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Cute.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
For more reviews, gifs, Cover Snark and more, visit A Reader of Fictions.

Obviously, I picked up Pip Bartlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures for one reason: Maggie Stiefvater. I’ve become a big Maggie fan since I read Sinner and The Raven Boys, and I’m super glad I can join with the crowd finally. I was torn on Pip Bartlett’s, because it’s even younger than middle grade. But also it’s Maggie. When I got the chance to review it for YA Books Central, I leaped at it, because I am a curious cat, and
Kristel
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review also on my blog

“Nothing was as cool as the Unicorns.”

Whoever knows me knows how much I love dragons. No, this book doesn’t have dragons, at least not yet, but it has magnificent magical creatures. Dragons are magical and beautiful and perfect and everything!!! So much love for dragons! This book may not have them yet but it has other majestic creatures such as Unicorns and I love them, too. First and second in my Top5 Favorite Magical Creatures list!

Pip is a little girl who is able to
Amy
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(What the text tells us) Mrs. Dreadbatch keeps disagreeing with Aunt Emma and trying to disagree with everything she says even though whatever she says makes always more sense. (What I think) Mrs. Dreadbatch may have had a bad history with Aunt Emma since she is the head of a magical animal clinic, and Mrs. Dreadbatch came from S.M.A.C.K.E.D, which was the government department that was in charge of making sure that magical creatures didn't interfere too much with "normal" (non-magical) life. So ...more
Anna Smithberger
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alamw15
Absolutely precious! Pearce and Stiefvater have created a convincing world populated by magical creatures and given their heroine the ability to communicate with them, allowing the animals to be shallow, vain, grumpy, anxious, and sweet in different turns.

I especially loved Pip's friendship with the allergic-to-everything Tomas, and the amazing magical allergies he had.

I look forward to more of this series.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
What a great story for adults--and the children who insist they read it. :) This was a fabulously fun story with great characters and great illustrations. It's truly a fun story for the whole family to enjoy.
Petra
Such a cute and funny story. Can't wait to read the next one.
Kimberley
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
An unbelievably adorable story! Loved every minute of this and the guide pages were a great addition. Highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a little magic in their lives!
blackplume
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, owned
Full review posted on my blog, Blackplume

Maggie Stiefvater‘s name is basically the reason why I pick-up Pip Barlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures even it is actually for kids. I adore Maggie’s writing from her previous novels and I just want to read more from her while waiting for the release of The Raven King. Maggie is a very talented writer and artist and I’m just really excited to see more of her genius.

Pip Barlett’s Guide to Magical Creatures not only offers Maggie’s writing but also her
Liam
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the kind of cute that everyone needs to read. If you can understand more than half the words, you're old enough for it. There is no too old. Not for this book.

The characters are hilarious and fun. The magical creatures are adorable and crazy. The plot is sweet and heartwarming and just awwww. This book is amazing.

Read it. Give it to everyone you know. Trust me, you'll want to.
Angela
Oct 14, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
JACKSON PEARCE AND MAGGIE STIEFVATER WRITING TOGETHER. IS THIS A DREAM? NEEEEEEEEEED.
Jasmine
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well that was delightful. Magical creatures who catch fire! Friends who have ALL the magical allergies! Neurotic Unicorns! The necessity of keeping accurate reference materials!
Emily
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to be best friends with Pip and all the magical creatures (yes, even Fuzzles)! Love the illustrations throughout.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
Hoo boy. I smell series. Again.

This book could have been so much more than it was. I wanted to like it, I wanted to be enchanted and entertained, but it was just...meh. A bit flat, and as another reviewer has said, very familiar. Almost derivative to be honest. I guess kids' authors today are just imitating what sold before them. Sad, really. This will never be a classic. It might appeal to non-reading elementary students, because it's a fast, easy read. But there's not much here.

The moral is a
Angela
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bella-b
What a gem of a book.

My daughter made the leap into Middle Grade books about a year and a half ago, despite being a bit younger than the intended audience. As a result, her comprehension levels have skyrocketed, and now I am (of course) compelled to play catch up and read the books she is reading.

This book is lovely: smart kid protagonists, a fun story, and a creative world of magical realism that is perfectly nuanced for a child reader. Stiefvater and Pearce stuck some kind of gold here. We’
Lee Ann
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this while looking for some chapter books for my 7yo that are not a comic like series - I am experiencing captain underpants and diary of a wimpy kid burn out - plus they are redundant and not too thought provoking. He liked this book. A cute series of a girl who can talk to magical creatures and her cousin who is allergic to them all. I believe this is geared to ages 6-10. Cute series.
Michelle
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both boys loved this and gave it 5 stars. The audio was excellent and the actual book had amusing drawings. All of us want to continue the series.
Brenda Kahn
Engaging & amusing. My fifth graders love this series so I thought I'd read it to see why. The adult narrator sounded authentically kid-ish.
Susan Cackler
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED it! I read kids books because I work in a library, but I will read this series for the sheer pleasure of reading a smart, funny book with great animal details.
Mehsi
Not a long review, just a small one to express my feelings.

Wow, wow and wow, this book was amazing. So much fun, I really laughed aloud quite a lot of times, it was a truly magical trip through a world that I hope we will find out more in sequel books.

Pip is our main girl, she can talk to magical creatures, and as expected no one believes her. After getting in some (hilarious) trouble with unicorns, she is send to live with her aunt for the summer, but Pip being Pip, this doesn't mean she is

• Waylon! One Awesome Thing (Waylon! Book 1)
  • The Infinity Year of Avalon James
  • A Whole New Ballgame (Rip and Red, #1)
  • In the Footsteps of Crazy Horse
  • Nightbird
  • A Dragon's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans (A Dragon's Guide, #1)
  • The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)
  • When the Sea Turned to Silver
  • Hana's Suitcase: A True Story
  • Ugly
  • The Pet War
  • Castle Hangnail
  • Mr. and Mrs. Bunny — Detectives Extraordinaire! (The Bunny's #1)
  • Mystery on Museum Mile (Eddie Red Undercover #1)
  • Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer (Unusual Chickens #1)
  • Book Scavenger (Book Scavenger, #1)
  • The Girl Who Could Not Dream
  • The Worm Whisperer

I am not very active on Goodreads-- this is largely a placeholder account! Therefore, I do not read Goodreads mail. If you want to get in touch with me, please go here: CONTACT ME!

Jackson Pearce currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with a slightly cross-eyed cat and a lot of secondhand furniture. She recently graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in English and a minor in

Pip Bartlett (3 books)
  • Pip Bartlett's Guide to Unicorn Training (Pip Bartlett, #2)
  • Pip Bartlett's Guide to Sea Monsters (Pip Bartlett, #3)