Start by marking “Like a Bee to Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #3)” as Want to Read:
Like a Bee to Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #3)

Like a Bee to Honey

(The Honeybee Sisters #3)

Affectionately dubbed The Honeybee Sisters in their Wisconsin Amish community, the three Christner girls are devoted beekeepers who are coming-of-age—and discovering the sweet surprise of love…

Published August 30th 2016 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Like a Bee to Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like a Bee to Honey

Dianne
Aug 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is a difficult review for me to write. I am not going to change how I feel about this book, just because I got the book from the publisher.

Personally I didn't like this book and I really disliked the protagonist. One needs to read the entire book (an the first two books in the trilogy) to see why she is the way she is (timid, weepy, over-anxious to please, for me- annoying). This fact made this a very difficult book for me to read. I understand that the Amish culture is different, but huma
Julia
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like A Bee To Honey by Jennifer Beckstrand is the third and final book in the Honeybee Sisters series. It has been a fabulous trilogy and I am sad to see the end of it. Once again it can be read as a stand-alone but it is far better to read the books in order.
The exploits of the Honeybee sisters, their unconventional Aunt B and the cats - Farrah Fawcett, Billy Idol and Leonard Nimoy - delight the readers once more.
This novel focuses on Rose, the youngest and quietest sister. Rose is carrying a h
Tina Watson
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Like a Bee to Honey" by Jennifer Beckstrand is the last book in the Honeybee Sisters series. I do recommend reading this series in the order that the books were released.

The Honeybee Sisters series may not be your typical Amish story, but I love how Jennifer makes all of the characters come ALIVE right off the pages while reading this series. I felt like I was a honeybee buzzing around the country side of Wisconsin with the Honeybee Sisters. I enjoyed the chuckles that I had at certain times t
Karla
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I have to admit, Jennifer Beckstrand is one of my "go to" authors when I wish to read something lighthearted, amusing, but also full of meaning. Her warm and witty style just fills me with joy and satisfaction, as I read about her unique characters in their rather fumbling lives. The covers of these books attracted my attention right away. Bright and different!!

Jennifer writes of three sisters being raised by their aunt in Wisconsin. The characters are realistically and so well described, that
Wendy
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Shy, skittish Rose Christner is more comfortable tending to the beehives on the family farm and keeping her aunt's unruly cats in line than attending social gatherings with the rest of the die youngie. A childhood trauma and secret shame keep her heart under lock and key, and Rose just can't accept the sweet attention she's receiving from a handsome neighbor. But the more she shies away from Josiah Yoder, the more their families sneakily plot to bring them together. And whe
Rhonda
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this family and community. Yes, they're supposedly fictional characters, but author Jennifer Beckstrand brings them to life so that they feel like true friends. Rose is afraid to love and feels that she ruins everything she touches. She blames herself for her parents' deaths. But Josiah loves her unconditionally and unequivocally. He thinks that she is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. He wants nothing more than to win her heart and marry her.
This story is such a precious one.
Maureen Timerman
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This is the third and final book in the Honeybee Sister’s Series, and the book wraps up beautifully. We learn some of the reasons why Rose is so shy and the hurts she holds herself responsible for.
We have already read Lily’s and Poppy’s story of their romances, and hope that Rose will finally have a chance to let go of the pain that she holds in her heart.
Aunt Bitsy is still keeping a strong hold on her girls, and some of those boys whom you are not to feed, get the stink eye from her!
While the
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

LIKE A BEE TO HONEY is the third book in this story. I enjoyed reading Rose’s story—and while the book does stand alone, it does refer back to prior events so fans might want to read them in order. I did read book one and three without reading book two (because I didn’t have it yet) so I can testify that it works.

Rose is way too whiny for my taste. I enjoyed the story, I liked Josiah and laughed out loud at how “gut” he is at fixing everything with duct tape, but Rose was just a bucket full of
Barbara Frayer
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
glad there was only 3 books in the series. have to get some work done!
Gail
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story with a wonderful message

I felt it was a little slow at the beginning and I was anxious to get to the "meat" of the story - as I got further into the story I became eager and excited to see how it would end and I wasn't disappointed - wonderful message as to how important it is to not hold onto fears from mistakes and problems and anger of things. It doesn't help and make your life better - you need to talk it out and work through it at the time. Love the message from this story and o
Kitty
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh did I ever fly through this one, I really wanted to know who'd been causing all the mischief! (And I was genuinely surprised by the perpetrators, I didn't suspect it at all!) I kept forgetting Rose was older than she was, I kept thinking she was younger because of her timidity. Oh was it good to see her learn to be more confident in herself, and it broke my heart learning why she was that way.

(Also, was it EVER satisfying to see Paul get a good comeuppance. And Aunt Bitsy is my favourite thin
Miriam
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay. This was my first foray into the Amish romance novel genre. I didn't know what to expect, and for a saccharine, elementary school style courtship, it was okay. While the female protagonist eventually became less less mousy, I was struck by the way obsession was glossed over as soon as prelude to love on the male protagonist's character development. I guess it's just the Amish version of Twilight. Or it's just a cultural difference I can't relate to. If that's your thing, enjoy!
Rebamom7
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every time I start a new Jennifer Beckstrand book, I mourn the last book of hers I read, and think this one can't possibly be as good. Then, when I finish, I think, this one was BETTER. They are ALL better. They are ALL the best. I hope she keeps writing and writing for many years. If you love good, clean, sweet, twisty turny, humor sprinkled love stories, you will very much want to read her books. And there are recipes at the end of the Honeybee Sisters books :-)
Amy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
My least favorite of the three but still I liked it
Maria
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author simply because she puts a nice edge of humour into all the stories she writes even when dealing with more serious topics.
Lauren
Lovely fit for the trilogy. Beckstrand is an amazing author.
Kathy
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The end of the Honeybee Sisters, Rose’s story. Hate that there aren’t any more. So I’ll have to try one of her other series. They’re that good!!
Frances
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The final book in the Honeybee Sisters and a very good read. Each of the sisters overcomes some issue and Rose is no different.
Kathy Aufleger
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am sad to see this series end.
Christine
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
The Honeybee Sisters series is great. I wish there were more sisters so the series would continue.
Vicki
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this trilogy very much, they became my friends or family and I hated to see the story end.
Teri Pre
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-reads
I usually like Beckstrand's books and I enjoyed the first two in this series, but I just couldn't get into Rose's timidity or Josiah's obsession with Rose.
Kim
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Not as good as the other two books in the series, but still pretty good.
Cathy
Jul 07, 2019 added it
3rd book in series all is revealed
Josephine
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This sister's character was annoying but understandable. I loved the ending.
Lori
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
This was my favorite in the series. There was a lot of suspense.
Catherine
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good end to the series!

Shy, skittish Rose Christner is more comfortable tending to the beehives on the family farm and keeping her aunt’s unruly cats in line than attending social gatherings with the rest of the die youngie. A childhood trauma and secret shame keep her heart under lock and key,
Ann
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wrapped up this trilogy nicely.
Kristina
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like a Bee to Honey by Jennifer Beckstrand is the third and final book in The Honeybee Sisters series. Rose Christner is twenty years old and extremely shy. Rose has always relied on her sisters to take care of her and protect her. Her sisters, Lily and Poppy are now engaged and will not be around much longer. There is something from her past that is holding Rose back. Why is Rose so scared of life and what is holding her back? Josiah Yoder has been in love with Rose for years. Josiah wishes to ...more
Lori
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced, very entertaining, and it even has a little bit of mystery in it! I love the who done it cases. In this case, Jennifer Beckstrand keeps you guessing for sure and certain!! It is also very funny in places. I howled in some places of the book even though I'm in a lot of pain right now from today's fiasco at work lol! Jennifer Beckstrand thank you for making me laugh.

Aunt Bitsy is really cracking me up! Especially, the way she treats Josiah. I love love her personality! Even t
Madison Mega-Mara...: #231 - Like a Bee to Honey 1 2 Dec 12, 2016 08:43PM

• A Wedding at the Orange Blossom Inn (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #3)
  • Meek and Mild (Amish Turns of Time #2)
  • A Place at Our Table (Amish Homestead #1)
  • Just Plain Sadie
  • A Plain Man
  • An Amish Garden
  • Made with Love (Pinecraft Pie Shop #1)
  • A Season for Tending (Amish Vines and Orchards #1)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
Jennifer Beckstrand is the RITA-nominated, award-winning Amish romance author of The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series and The Honeybee Sisters series for Kensington Books. Huckleberry Summer was nominated for the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award and the 2015 RITA® Award, and Huckleberry Hill won the 2014 LIME Award for Inspirational fiction. Both Huckleberry Hill and Huckleberry Chris ...more

The Honeybee Sisters (3 books)
  • Sweet as Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #1)
  • A Bee In Her Bonnet (The Honeybee Sisters #2)