Start by marking “The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine” as Want to Read:
The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine

The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  278 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Welcome to Moonbright, Maine…Where the scents of donuts and cider waft through the crisp night air…with just a hint of magic.

It’s time for the annual Halloween costume party at the cottage on Pumpkin and Vine, the perfect place to celebrate the pleasures of the season. Guests return to the picturesque B & B year after year to snuggle up in its cozy rooms, explore th
Published August 30th 2016 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

This is an anthology of three unrelated stories that all take place in Moonbright, Maine during Halloween. The first story takes place before the Halloween party at Rose Cottage. The second is set during the party, and the third takes place the day after the Halloween party.

description
2 Stars -- Charmed By You by Kate Angell

Both characters didn't make a first great impression. Grace came across kind of uptight and bitchy, but there is a scene with her and some kids at the costume store that made me fall i
Ami
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Halloween in July. Why not? I picked up this anthology from Netgalley because I loved the cover and I was trying these three new-to-me authors a try; like a sample if I want to pick up their full-length available novels. The three stories are intertwined in terms of location: Rose Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine, where legend says that people can find true love when they stay the night.

Charmed by You (Kate Angell): 3 stars

I was trying to figure out where the story was going, and it took me a while
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Oct 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF. Literally the first 3 pages were enough to make me throw the book across the room. The misogyny is CLOYING. These guys are hired to work for this woman, and they can't stand her "bossing them around", I mean God forbid a WOMAN DO HER JOB AND BE A BOSS.
Here's a gem: "They didn't like being bossed around by a woman, not even an attractive one."

It gets better with this one:
"He could think of better uses for her mouth than ordering him around."

LOL BYE.
Janet Robel

A cute collection of stories that centers around a cozy and possibly magical bed and breakfast cottage. The perfect setting for the fall season with a charming innkeeper who is hosting a Halloween event, and those who stay there may end up finding all they are looking for and much more. Peaceful small-town setting and people create a feeling of home where all is welcome. Sweet and holiday inspiring!
Andree
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 stars. (Yes, I'm catching up on GR reviews)

This was fun. It's a bit of a magical realism trilogy of shorter stories (though you could debate the magical part). All of them take place at (or around) the big Halloween party at the B&B in this small town.

The first is a bit of a case of instant-attraction between two opposites, but it mostly works. I was entertained. The second is pretty much a collision of tropes, specifically long-time best friends to lovers, there's only one room left at
Noriko
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, holiday-read
I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.
This is a Halloween themed(?) collection of short stories and contains three short stories in this book.

Charmed by You by Kate Angell
I don’t know where to start with this one... This is the worst of the three stories contained in this book.
Grace is a party planner and has got a great eye for detail and dedicate her life to collect costumes (especially Halloween costumes) and party decorations. She hires her old neighbor, Cage for her decoration project fo
☕ Kimberly
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
All of the stories are set at Rose Cottage a B&B in Moonbright, Maine famous for their Halloween open house. Folks say magic happens during this time of a year and folks find their true love.

Charmed by You by Kate Angell This is the story of Grace Alden a local party planner and owner of the costume store known as Charades. She is decorating Rose Cottage, the local B&B owned by her godmother. When we meet Grace she is shouting orders at Cade Maxwell a local mover and his crew as they u
Kristine
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Kensington via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

The Cottage on Pumkin and Vine is an anthology of three different stories by three different authors with one cottage in Moonbright Maine in common. Each story is unrelated but they all share Rose Cottage and it's proprietor. Legend has it that the cottage is magical. One story takes place before Halloween, one
Ann Lorz
I don't know about you but I love reading anthologies. During the holiday's when I'm busy but still need to read they are my go-to books. It's a great way to finish a book while doing the one-hundred-and-one things you do from Halloween on.

We don't always get very many Halloween books anymore and I think that's due to the fact that we have paranormal romances all year long.

So I was so glad to find one...

I've read Kate Angell before and really liked her books. I have never read either Jennifer Da
Teresa
Nov 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book for the cover .... silly me! I obviously didn't look at it closely enough because I was totally unaware it was three short stories! I'm not too much into short stories or purely romance novels.

Anyway, each story takes place at a B&B in Moonlight, Maine. I did love the names of the streets in this little town! The only way these three stories are related is that each one takes place at the B&B around Halloween time and the owner of the B&B, Amelia Rose, is a part of
Dilushani Jayalath
Kindly received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This was collection of cute 3 short stories entered around a cute B&B. That's for the people who didn't know what is was about (Like me). I don't know what in the world made me think it was a ghost story. I don't even remember reading the blurb.

Anyway just because it wasn't what i was expecting didn't mean I didn't enjoy it. It was really cute. Each story had their own charms and it was relaxing to read a short story in a long time.
Lisa
E-ARC received thanks to the publisher and Netgalley.

3 stars

It took a while to warm up to this story because I distinctly felt like being dropped in the middle of a story without a beginning, but once I got into it I couldn't stop. Love the tension between Grace and Cade, especially after the memorable jeans-ripping *smirks*

Mesmerized by You by Jennifer Dawson

4 stars

TWO WORDS: BFF-TO-LOVERS TROPE (that's totally two words)

also I'm crowning Jen Dawson queen of writin
Katie_la_geek

I really enjoyed this anthology. It contained three stories that were all set in the same place but didn't interlink.

Each story was well thought out and written. There was no weak link, no story that let it all down. It is all round a very strong anothology. Each romance was nicely put together, all the characters were well written and there was a lot of chemistry.

If you are looking for a good contemporary romance anthology you could do a lot worse than this.

Eri (Airy Reads)
I have mixed feelings about the stories, because while I did enjoy them, I definitely wanted more. They were a little too short and skimpy for me to enjoy wholeheartedly, but I am intrigued by these authors and hope to see more soon.

Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for the review copy .
Tahleen
Cute collection. I really disliked the first story, mostly because I hated the author's writing style (WAY too choppy and full of fragments), but I really liked the second one, so much so that I might look at that author's other stuff. The third story was good too. If you're looking for a quick Halloween-themed romance, this could do the trick.
Karen
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun sexy read. Book is three stories that revolve around a cottage in a small town in Maine that celebrates Halloween and when people stay at the cottage they find love. Really cute, fast read, fun and filled with juicy details.
Allison
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book for Halloween time. The first story is by Kate Angell and I've read her Richmond Rogues series so I was looking forward to it, but I have to admit I wasn't impressed:(. Another reader commented that it felt rushed and it does. I didn't feel like I really got to know the characters all that well and why one small high school prank would turn a guy off Halloween forever is beyond me.
The second story is about two lifelong friends who finally admit that they are interested in being more
Heather
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally, a romance novel revolving around a cute town that loves Halloween! Plus three different stories! (some of the writing was cliche... does every woman bite/nibble her lip when nervous? I really don't know any woman who does this but two of three of our female protagonists did.) Cliches or not, this was a lot of fun, and it was great to read a novel that appreciates that whimsy and magic of Halloween that is overlooked for dark torturous horror, which isn't my thing. (I love Halloween; I d ...more
Lori
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book with three short stories from three different authors. All three stories take place at the same bed and breakfast. Each story is a stand alone. I loved all three stories. They were cute, fun and magical. My favorite story was the last one. Sidney and Sawyer's story tugged at my heart strings! As with most short stories, I always wish they were a bit longer.
Piepie
Steamy, sexy, and sugar-sweet!

"Mesmerized by You" (the 2nd story) was probably my favorite, followed by "Enchanted by You" (the 3rd story). I liked how all the stories were linked together by Amelia Rose, Rose Cottage, and the small town of Moonbright, Maine. Quick and fun stories - I read all of them in a day.
Marcy Graybill
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice little romance novellas set in a magic B and B around Halloween.
Kim
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted an easy, short read for the Halloween season and this was perfect. I only read the first story of the book, planning to go back next Halloween for the rest!
Darlene Emanuel
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was an ok book with three different stories but with one central
location. I did love though the cottage owner and her quirkiness!
Codi Gary
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this fall/Halloween collection. Laugh out loud moments, hot times, and happily ever afters are perfect with a pumpkin latte.
Kim
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a bit more smutty than I like, but I very much enjoyed the holiday theme, the interesting cottage owner, and the somewhat varied scenarios.
Karla
Oct 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
I love reading holiday themed romance in season and I was
Teresa
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
This was a charming, feel-good book. Three novellas taking place in the same town. It's a good book to read during this time of year.
Tiffany Bowles Thomas
Admittedly, I only read the first short story, as I didn’t realize that’s what this book is. It was a romance story, which is not what I was wanting.
Rachel Simone
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ehhhhhhh. I didn't really care for any of the heroes/heroines. I want to know more about Amelia Rose (the proprietor of the cottage). She's an interesting and funny character.
Barb Lie
The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine is an anthology of three novellas that take place at the same B & B during Halloween. I will give you a brief description of each story.

Charmed by You by Kate Angell
Grace is our heroine, who is in the process of decorating the B&B where the Halloween party is; she hires Cade, who owns a moving company. Grace comes across as very bossy, and Cade’s men are ready to leave when they break for lunch. Cade, out of loyalty to the B&B owner, stayed to help ou
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
I live in Beautiful Naples on the Gulf of Mexico, Florida. I love the sunshine, as well as the seasonal summer thunderstorms. I'm a morning person. I enjoy brunch. I'm an animal lover and avid reader. I laugh a lot. My birthday's in March, I'm an Aries. My favorite color is purple. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I can read Tarot Cards. My office has lots of plants: bamboo, Elephant Ear, and ...more
More about Kate Angell...