Start by marking “The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine” as Want to Read:
The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine

The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine

Welcome to Moonbright, Maine…Where the scents of donuts and cider waft through the crisp night air…with just a hint of magic.

It’s time for the annual Halloween costume party at the cottage on Pumpkin and Vine, the perfect place to celebrate the pleasures of the season. Guests return to the picturesque B & B year after year to snuggle up in its cozy rooms, explore the qu
Published August 30th 2016 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine

Start your review of The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

This is an anthology of three unrelated stories that all take place in Moonbright, Maine during Halloween. The first story takes place before the Halloween party at Rose Cottage. The second is set during the party, and the third takes place the day after the Halloween party.

description
2 Stars -- Charmed By You by Kate Angell

Both characters didn't make a first great impression. Grace came across kind of uptight and bitchy, but there is a scene with her and some kids at the costume store that made me fall i
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Oct 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF. Literally the first 3 pages were enough to make me throw the book across the room. The misogyny is CLOYING. These guys are hired to work for this woman, and they can't stand her "bossing them around", I mean God forbid a WOMAN DO HER JOB AND BE A BOSS.
Here's a gem: "They didn't like being bossed around by a woman, not even an attractive one."

It gets better with this one:
"He could think of better uses for her mouth than ordering him around."

LOL BYE.
Ami
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Halloween in July. Why not? I picked up this anthology from Netgalley because I loved the cover and I was trying these three new-to-me authors a try; like a sample if I want to pick up their full-length available novels. The three stories are intertwined in terms of location: Rose Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine, where legend says that people can find true love when they stay the night.

Charmed by You (Kate Angell): 3 stars

I was trying to figure out where the story was going, and it took me a while
Janet Robel

A cute collection of stories that centers around a cozy and possibly magical bed and breakfast cottage. The perfect setting for the fall season with a charming innkeeper who is hosting a Halloween event, and those who stay there may end up finding all they are looking for and much more. Peaceful small-town setting and people create a feeling of home where all is welcome. Sweet and holiday inspiring!
Andree
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 stars. (Yes, I'm catching up on GR reviews)

This was fun. It's a bit of a magical realism trilogy of shorter stories (though you could debate the magical part). All of them take place at (or around) the big Halloween party at the B&B in this small town.

The first is a bit of a case of instant-attraction between two opposites, but it mostly works. I was entertained. The second is pretty much a collision of tropes, specifically long-time best friends to lovers, there's only one room left at the
Noriko
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.
This is a Halloween themed(?) collection of short stories and contains three short stories in this book.

Charmed by You by Kate Angell
I don’t know where to start with this one... This is the worst of the three stories contained in this book.
Grace is a party planner and has got a great eye for detail and dedicate her life to collect costumes (especially Halloween costumes) and party decorations. She hires her old neighbor, Cage for her decoration project
☕️Kimberly
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
All of the stories are set at Rose Cottage a B&B in Moonbright, Maine famous for their Halloween open house. Folks say magic happens during this time of a year and folks find their true love.

Charmed by You by Kate Angell This is the story of Grace Alden a local party planner and owner of the costume store known as Charades. She is decorating Rose Cottage, the local B&B owned by her godmother. When we meet Grace she is shouting orders at Cade Maxwell a local mover and his crew as they unload
Kristine
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Kensington via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

The Cottage on Pumkin and Vine is an anthology of three different stories by three different authors with one cottage in Moonbright Maine in common. Each story is unrelated but they all share Rose Cottage and it's proprietor. Legend has it that the cottage is magical. One story takes place before Halloween, one
Leah
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover is beautiful, and each story takes place over Halloween weekend at the same B&B in a small town in Maine.

Charmed by You: 2 stars
This story was an enemies to lovers romance. I didn't like the characters or their story. The characters are from the same town but didn't know each other.
Mezmerized by You: 3 stars
This one is a friends to lovers romance. I liked the characters, and their story was sweet. The characters are friends and are here for the Halloween party.
Enchanted by You: 3 stars
Ann Lorz
I don't know about you but I love reading anthologies. During the holiday's when I'm busy but still need to read they are my go-to books. It's a great way to finish a book while doing the one-hundred-and-one things you do from Halloween on.

We don't always get very many Halloween books anymore and I think that's due to the fact that we have paranormal romances all year long.

So I was so glad to find one...

I've read Kate Angell before and really liked her books. I have never read either Jennifer Da
 ~Teresa
I picked this book for the cover .... silly me! I obviously didn't look at it closely enough because I was totally unaware it was three short stories! I'm not too much into short stories or purely romance novels.

Anyway, each story takes place at a B&B in Moonlight, Maine. I did love the names of the streets in this little town! The only way these three stories are related is that each one takes place at the B&B around Halloween time and the owner of the B&B, Amelia Rose, is a part of each story.
Dilushani Jayalath
Kindly received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This was collection of cute 3 short stories entered around a cute B&B. That's for the people who didn't know what is was about (Like me). I don't know what in the world made me think it was a ghost story. I don't even remember reading the blurb.

Anyway just because it wasn't what i was expecting didn't mean I didn't enjoy it. It was really cute. Each story had their own charms and it was relaxing to read a short story in a long time.
🌟Head in the Stars🌟
I love seeing a Halloween anthology in the romance genre for once after seeing Christmas ones galore.

“Charmed by You” is the first and shortest. Grace grew very quickly on me but Cade still kinda pissed me off. He was a jerk for most of the story and I didn’t see him much in a good light. Then again it was only about five chapters long.

“Mesmerized by You” was the longest and the most frustrating for me. Chloe and Jack were so stubborn I wanted to shake them. They didn’t want to ruin the friends
3 Stars

Review coming soon...
Donna Doyle
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Give a 3 for cheesy and a 4 for sexy and a 5 for suspense as I left the book on a ferry, waited 2 weeks, and did get the book back. Sat in my car to finish and returned to the library...no late charges😱
Lisa
E-ARC received thanks to the publisher and Netgalley.

Charmed by You by Kate Angell

3 stars

It took a while to warm up to this story because I distinctly felt like being dropped in the middle of a story without a beginning, but once I got into it I couldn't stop. Love the tension between Grace and Cade, especially after the memorable jeans-ripping *smirks*

Mesmerized by You by Jennifer Dawson

4 stars

TWO WORDS: BFF-TO-LOVERS TROPE (that's totally two words)

also I'm crowning Jen Dawson queen of writin
Katie_la_geek
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it

I really enjoyed this anthology. It contained three stories that were all set in the same place but didn't interlink.

Each story was well thought out and written. There was no weak link, no story that let it all down. It is all round a very strong anothology. Each romance was nicely put together, all the characters were well written and there was a lot of chemistry.

If you are looking for a good contemporary romance anthology you could do a lot worse than this.

Ashley
Sep 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Thanks but no thanks to my library’s “you should read this next!” recommendations. I know this is supposedly an anthology but I couldn’t even get past the first short story - so many stilted sentences & garbage characterization (as well as plenty of not-so-thinly-veiled misogyny). My entire kingdom for a fall/Halloween novel that is a little spooky, a little witchy, and an easy read. Back to the drawing board, because this one ain’t it. ...more
Eri
I have mixed feelings about the stories, because while I did enjoy them, I definitely wanted more. They were a little too short and skimpy for me to enjoy wholeheartedly, but I am intrigued by these authors and hope to see more soon.

Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for the review copy .
Tahleen
Cute collection. I really disliked the first story, mostly because I hated the author's writing style (WAY too choppy and full of fragments), but I really liked the second one, so much so that I might look at that author's other stuff. The third story was good too. If you're looking for a quick Halloween-themed romance, this could do the trick.
Karen
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun sexy read. Book is three stories that revolve around a cottage in a small town in Maine that celebrates Halloween and when people stay at the cottage they find love. Really cute, fast read, fun and filled with juicy details.
Portegiesje
I picked up this book because one of the stories in the anthology was written by Kate Angell and I love her books so that was a good enough reason.
But this wasn't entirely what I wasn't expecting. I didn't read the blurb prior to cracking it open, and I'm not even sure I really read what it was about before I ordered it... But new authors like Jennifer Dawson and Sharla Lovelace can always bring surprises, even though I expected the stories to be connected more than just through one character.

Am
Hebah
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
2.5 star read - not low enough for a two but not strong enough for 3. I picked it up for the Halloween aspect, but Halloween is just window dressing for cutesy small-town cheesy romances. That's not my romance flavor of choice.

The first story, Charmed by You by Kate Angell, is an insta-lust story precipitated by a cringey meet-cute sort of involving B&B owner Amelia Rose's feisty cat and a torn pair of jeans. It also features some fun old-school misogyny like handyman love interest Cade Maxwell
Kim
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Autumn, so when I ran across, The Bakeshop at Pumpkin and Spice (coming out August 27, 2019), and saw this was the previous book, I rushed out to get it.

All three stories center around the cottage, with different couples arriving throughout the weekend of Halloween. I really enjoyed the Magical Realism in these stories. The touches of magic in the stories helps to enrich them, and keep the stories flowing together.

The romance in them gets very steamy, so if you are looking for a sweet r
Allison
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book for Halloween time. The first story is by Kate Angell and I've read her Richmond Rogues series so I was looking forward to it, but I have to admit I wasn't impressed:(. Another reader commented that it felt rushed and it does. I didn't feel like I really got to know the characters all that well and why one small high school prank would turn a guy off Halloween forever is beyond me.
The second story is about two lifelong friends who finally admit that they are interested in being more
Donna
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Challenges: Create Your Own Readathon/Steeped in Books/Book Club 2019/October Bk 1 (preemptive); and, Stacking the Series - Working List/Level 2r/Book 1. An anthology of three stories that center around a Halloween party held annually at Rose Cottage. Tthe first story begins the day before the party, the second the day of the party, and the third the day after the party. The content of these stories is more adult (very steemy/moderate to high at times swear factor) than sweet as the cover and de ...more
Heather
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally, a romance novel revolving around a cute town that loves Halloween! Plus three different stories! (some of the writing was cliche... does every woman bite/nibble her lip when nervous? I really don't know any woman who does this but two of three of our female protagonists did.) Cliches or not, this was a lot of fun, and it was great to read a novel that appreciates that whimsy and magic of Halloween that is overlooked for dark torturous horror, which isn't my thing. (I love Halloween; I d ...more
Gina Marie
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autumn
This book includes 3 novellas all set around the charming cottage on Pumpkin and Vine streets in Moonbright, Maine where enchanting things tend to happen especially at the annual party on Halloween night. Each story had a lot of Autumn/Halloween elements, which I loved. The innkeeper, Amelia Rose, is a fortune teller so that added to the whimsical setting. The first novella occurs during the set up of the Halloween party, the second during the party, and the third the day after the party. Each h ...more
Catie Gullett
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, a solid collection of Halloween-themed stories set in an adorable town full of quirky characters. Of the three, I found the first story (Charmed By You by Kate Angell) to be the weakest of the three. The writing was sub-par and the characters generally unlikable. If I hadn't chosen this as October's book for my book club, I wouldn't have finished it. Luckily, I stuck with it, as the second and third stories are more enjoyable.
Eileen Hammond
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three short steamy love stories that intersect at a B&B at Halloween. The proprietress apparently has a way with love potions, or just giving love a shove. The Halloween party at the cottage is legendary for pairing people who haven’t yet recognized “true love.” One vignette pairs two best friends; another a lawyer coming to town to do her bosses bidding, and another the innkeepers niece falls for the landscaper. All fun stories; some more explicit than others. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Bakeshop at Pumpkin and Spice
  • The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Stuffed: A Thanksgiving Romance
  • Pumpkin Everything (An Autumnboro Sweet Romance #1)
  • The Witches of Cambridge
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • 25 Days 'til Christmas
  • Pumpkin Spice & A Body On Ice (Dixie Cupp Diner Mystery #1)
  • What Was Pearl Harbor?
  • What Are the Summer Olympics?
  • The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories from An Unlikely Life on a Farm
  • Meet Me on Love Lane (Hopeless Romantics, #2)
  • Unwrapped (Hot Scot Trilogy #2.5)
  • The Future of Feeling: Building Empathy in a Tech-Obsessed World
  • Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies: The Civil War
USA Today bestselling author Kate Angell lives in Naples, Florida. She’s an animal lover, avid reader, and sports fan. Bookstores are her second home. She takes coffee breaks at Starbucks. Her philosophy: Out of chaos comes calmness. Enjoy the peace.

News & Interviews