Start by marking “Beyond Your Touch (The Dark Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Your Touch (The Dark Heart, #2)

Beyond Your Touch

(The Dark Heart #2)

She wants more than he can promise.
His desires could lead to betrayal.
But without each other, neither can survive the dangers ahead.

Annie Freemont knows this isn’t the right time to get involved with a man like Chase. After years of distrust, she’s finally drawing close to her estranged family, and he’s an employee on their estate in Maine. Though she never intended to
Published August 30th 2016 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Your Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Your Touch

Mads
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
To the Author
description
Rebecca
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I'm rating this book at four and a half stars.

I enjoyed the second book in the series a bit more than the first. There is less of a gothic feel to this novel and more of a mystery as Annie and Chase make preparations to rescue an important character from the djinn realm. Lotli, a young woman with the magic necessary to allow Chase and Annie to visit the djinn realm, enters the picture and makes trouble for the new l
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

First off, if you haven't read the first book yet, check out my review of A Hold on Me to see why you should definitely read it!

I stand by what I said about the first book: this is a great New Adult paranormal series, one that I recommend to anyone who likes paranormal and a wants to try NA, or vice versa.

Again, Annie was flawed and made plenty of mistakes. Plen
Terri
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher Kensington in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is August 30th, 2016.

This is the second book on the Dark Heart series. This can not be read as a stand alone. It is necessary to read the first story A Hold on Me first. Otherwise the reader would have no clue what was going on as this story continues on from the first one.

This series would be labeled
Beth Cato
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Beyond Your Touch (out in September 2016) is in many ways a stronger book than its predecessor. A Hold On Me embodied very gothic overtones while building up a paranormal romance. In this second book, the romance between Annie and Chase is well established--with forthright depictions of a sexual relationship between young adults, with protection use and all. However, they must cool off their passions as they prepare for a fora
Jessica
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Your Touch is a phenomenal sequel, taking the established world and characters from A Hold On Me and putting them into situations that test their resolve, their trust, and their friendships. I could NOT put this book down. Pat Esden's writing is lyrical and beautiful, creating an eerie yet nostalgic atmosphere. What I really loved and honestly appreciated was the refreshing and mature way Annie handles her relationship in this book, especially with things (spoilers, hence being vague). I ...more
Casey Griffin
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With this second installment in the series, I loved to see the continuing development and growth of the main character, and the entire story seems to reflect that journey. It was fast-paced and hot, hot, hot! I love this world that Pat Esden has created for the reader, and I’m certain you’ll get sucked right in like I did! I highly recommend it!
Rachel Marks
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review incoming...
Liz Gavin
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tous
5*** Fast-paced, thrilling paranormal novel

** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

I don’t write spoilers because I don’t like reading them so the following quote from Beyond Your Touch is intended to show a little of the high-quality of its writing. Pat Esden opens each chapter with a quote and this happens to be my favorite one:
“There is a border no eye can see, a place beyond my touch. But if I listen to the wind and sea, I hear your voice: A whisper in the sky, a
Anniek
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Annie Freemont lives in Maine together with her family. Her mother has been kidnapped a long time ago. Her kidnapper is a cruel man and she is held captive in another realm. Annie and her family are searching for a magical flute. There aren't many of them in the world. Even those who have a flute that opens the possibility to go across the veil have to find someone who can play its magical music. Annie and Chase find this person when they're exploring a museum. Annie knows that they need this st ...more
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

Mysterious; thrilling; fast-paced!!!

review 1

I've loved Annie's growth. She has matured in this book. She is less involved with the mystery of her father, and is more invested in her family as a whole.
The romance has really grown in this book. I've really enjoy their relationship. Nothing like competition to spice it up a relationship.
This book is better  than book one. It's not as gothic, horror as the first, but more mysterious.
Really addictive. I could start book 3 right now!
I like
Debbie Causevic
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found Beyond Your Touch to be a wonderfully satisfying sequel to A Hold on You, which I also read and enjoyed. I very much enjoyed the main character, Annie. She is strong, intelligently written, and relatable—with a realistic amount of insecurity regarding her all-encompassing first love. I was very pleased that not too much of the plot lingered on the heroine (Annie) doubting the feelings of Chase, her lover, as sometimes happens in the second book in a trilogy. As expected, there were plot ...more
Sara
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars!
Book two starts where book 1 left off.
Annie is drawn to Chase, but she isn’t sure she can trust him. She is finally feeling comfortable around her family and Chase being their employee doesn’t make things easy. Plus, there’s a mysterious stranger that seems to want Chase for her own. The bigger problem, the stranger might hold the key to getting her mother back.
There are a lot of twists and secrets to this book. Whereas book one was mostly back story and character development, book two
Fawn
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first book was fun and lighthearted with some dark undertones. This second book gets deep and dark. It grows right along with Annie as she is thrust into more grown up dealings. I found myself very angry and frustrated at times with some of the things happening. I wanted to give Annie a shake, and yell at anyone who would listen. She is young and trying very hard to cope with things out of her control. The story develops at a good speed and we discover new things here in the second book. Sor ...more
Ruby Rice
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I throughly enjoyed each paragraph of this book. After reading the first book I could hardly wait until I got my hands on this one and I was not disappointed. In fact, I enjoyed it even more than the first one because it took me to other realms with the ease necessary to make me a believer. Never before have I enjoyed "paranormal" writing. The way this mystery unfolds, with such loving attention to detail has me hooked. When, oh when will the third book be out?
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 3.5*

Full review to come tomorrow on Books and Ladders!
Amber (The Book Bratz)
Jan 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
Ohhh so there will be another book! Yay!
Sheila Lowe
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book #2 of 3 for The Dark Heart Series really set me into the plot. I feel like I have known the characters all my life . I finished it a few days ago and jumped right into the final book in the series : Reach For You. The mystery of the plot has me just waiting to see if it ends as I hope it will. This genre is new for me . I am pleased I have got into it and that I purchased all 3 books at once so I did not have to wait to dive into the next one . I would read more by Pat Esden.
Nicole Kelleher
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Pat Esden has that magical writing gift that casts a spell over her readers, making them want to turn page after page. It’s what happened to me when I was reading Beyond Your Touch—I looked at the clock and it was 2:30 in the morning.
I fell in love with her characters all over again, and can’t wait until Reach For You queues up in my to-be-read list.
Shala
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this sequel very much! A great follow up to the first novel! I can't wait for the final installment!
K.L. Hallam
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.

Beyond Your Touch (The Dark Heart, #2), leaves off where Annie Freemont did, in Chase’s arms, the Freemont family employee from their Maine estate. Her father’s illness and the mysterious disappearance of her long-lost mother holds her to this place. She’s determined to help in her mother’s rescue, no matter what. But a mysterious, and beautiful stranger, with a magical flute, has Annie questioning her intentions for helping Chase and her family, rescue he
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Mystery, suspense, intrigue, romance, deception, misdirection, illusions, and a bit of confusion. I did not read book one and must admit to having a few questions on things here and there.

I found the scenery vividly described and the characters scope wide. The relationship between Chase and Annie had deep connection. With the introduction of a new female more dynamic undertones the paranormal aspects picks up and intensify. Annie for me shows her strength, courage, and establishes her resolve.
J.A. Smith
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored this follow up to the first book (A Hold on Me) in The Dark Heart series! Pat Esden did not disappoint in the second installment. In fact, she only drew me further into this story and its cast of pop-off-the page, amazingly flawed and perfectly lovely characters. In this book we get to dive deeper into both Annie and Chase's relationship (to say there are some serious sparks flying would be an understatement) and the legends and mysteries that hide beyond the veil (which was glorious... ...more
Jen McConnel
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Esden creates a world where the paranormal seems perfectly normal, and it's a world you'll get lost in. This novel weaves mystery, magic, and romance together into one thrilling package; the perfect guilty-pleasure read!
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Aug 21, 2016 marked it as arcs-to-review
poppy
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
this is a great second book in the series just cant wait for the third one should be read in order a great read
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am very much looking forward to the next book. This one left the readers wondering what will happen.
Andrea Gerald
Dec 10, 2016
Alla McRae
Aug 21, 2018
Mithu Kumar
Aug 17, 2016
  • Bite Somebody Else (Bite Somebody, #2)
  • The Seer's Choice (The Golden City, #3.5)
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • The Lumberfox (Geekrotica, #1)
  • One Night with a Goddess (Goddess, #2)
  • After All These Years (The Other Way Home #2)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Love Me Tender (Caribou Crossing, #4)
  • Distant Heart (Westward Hearts #2)
  • Morning Light
  • Unexpected Rain
  • Little Caesar
  • Last Chance Bride (Last Chance, #3.5)
  • Cities and Thrones (Recoletta, #2)
  • Hotter Than Hell (Hell on Earth, #3)
  • The Conquerors: A Narrative
  • Against a Brightening Sky (Delia Martin, #3)
  • The Sin Eater
Pat Esden would love to say she spent her childhood in intellectual pursuits. The truth is she was fonder of exploring abandoned houses and old cemeteries. When not out on her own adventures, she can be found in her northern Vermont home writing stories about brave, smart women and the men who capture their hearts.

She is the author of the contemporary fantasy Dark Heart series from Kensington Boo

The Dark Heart (3 books)
  • A Hold on Me (The Dark Heart, #1)
  • Reach for You (The Dark Heart #3)