Start by marking “Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)

Magic Steals

(Kate Daniels #6.5)

Ilona Andrews—#1 New York Times bestselling author of Magic Shifts—once again pulls readers into the dark and dangerous world of the Kate Daniels novels...

Shapeshifting tigress Dali Harimau may be a powerful healer and magic user, but she’s far from what might be called “normal”. She dislikes the violence and bloodshed that are a way of life for most of her kind, even goin
Published August 16th 2016 by InterMix

Start your review of Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)
Anne
I found this in the anthology Night Shift, but I only wanted to read the Kate Daniels story.
Sorry. But Jim and Dali are such a cute couple and I've wanted to read their story for so long.
Anyway.

So Jim is Curran's BFF, head of the Cat Clan, and the Pack's enforcer (<--in this one), which makes him 100% badass.

description

And Dali is a white tiger with a special magical skill set that makes her 100%...

description

Well, ok. She's not exactly a badass.
Especially by Cat Clan standards.

description

First, she's a vegetarian. --> gets q
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
3.75 stars for this interim novella in the Kate Daniels series. This is the second novella featuring Dali Harimau (and you should read the first novella, Magic Dreams, before this one). Dali is an Indonesian young woman with thick glasses and body image and self-confidence issues ("too skinny, no figure"). Also: she's a white tiger shapeshifter, vegetarian, magic worker (unusual for a shapeshifter), AND she has penchant for informally racing - and frequently wrecking - cars. Whew!

Dali is in lov
Kat
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-3
Dali and Jim! I am always delighted when my favorite author(s) take a side character or two and flesh out a delightful novella about them. This allowed us to take a sneak peek into Dali and Jim as characters, and into their romance, and now I’m an even bigger fan! Especially of Dali! Dali isn’t certain where her relationship with Jim is going. Also, she has her meddling mother to deal with. And this meat-eater thing? Ugh. (so funny!) When a curse strikes a member of the community, Dali must use ...more
Sophia Triad
Second book for white tiger Dali and jaguar Jim.

The book deals with three topics:

1. How Dali perceives herself. Dali has a low self-esteem. She thinks she is not pretty enough, not woman enough, not strong enough. Just not enough for someone like Jim. Jim will help her understand what a unique, beautiful shifter woman she is.

2. How the relationship between Dali and Jim proceeds. Until now they still have not made love, they have not talked about commitment and mating. Jim wants more. Dali is af
Irene Sim
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella was so fun! I can't believe it... you can be a magestic beast, strong, fast and smart and still be insecure about yourself. I think I've read it all!

Dali had a crush on Jim for many years but she never thought herself worthy of landing him and then keeping him. She used to dream about him all the time...

Dali is such a sweetheart and her magic abilities are out of this world.

I was really curious about Jim, Kate always admired his physic but she seemed kind of scared of him, even aft
Cyndi
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Dali and her and Jim together make so happy!😊
In this novella the two of them are trying to label their relationship. She thinks he's perfect and is madly in love, but she can't see him loving her back. Normally I hate the cute girl who doesn't see it trope. I mean if a few guys are lusting after you, there's probably a reason for it.
But with Dali it's more understandable from the shapeshifter perspective. She has to wear thick glasses, gets sick at the sight of blood, is a vegetarian a
Sam
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Dali. I love her as a foil to Kate. She's magic-based, more insecure, but just as much a badass. I really wish she was in the main series more but I love seeing the way she solves the mysteries in the novellas and maybe that would get lost if she was just a KD-sidekick.
1st read - December 2014
2nd read - July 2015
3rd read - July 2016
4th read - March 2018
5th read - July 2018
6th read - August 2019

As a fan of the Kate Daniels series I have been rooting for Dali and Jim ever since I read their first novella Magic Dreams so I was excited to see more of them as a couple. This story fits into the timeline during events in Magic Rises while Kate and Curran are off in Europe leaving Jim in charge of the Pack while they're gone.

Dali is such a brilliant character, not onl
Woman Reading
4 stars - enjoyable even for newbies to Kate Daniels' world

This short story was my introduction to the Kate Daniels series, which meant that I had absolutely no preconceptions about Dali Harimau and Jim Shrapshire. Written in Dali's POV, Magic Steals is about their possible romantic relationship.

Dali is a distinctive, quirky character. She embodies the wish fulfillment of every introverted female with average physical traits because Dali's inner self manifests itself as a 700+ pound white tiger
Maggie ☘
“Jim wasn’t just a badass. He was a badass who wrote a book for badasses on how to be a badder badass.”

I enjoyed this novella even more than Magic Dreams. Dali and Jim are now oficially one of my favourite couples in this series. There's lots of magic, weird creatures, mystery, investigation, creepy zombies and some romance time.
Recommended for all fans of Kate Daniels series!

“What's the deal with you?" Jim asked.
"Nothing."
"I have three sisters," Jim reminded me. "I know what nothing mea
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
One thing is for sure, I miss Kate Daniels & co. And I cannot wait for Magic Binds to come out.

As for this one, it made me like Dali a little more. I always laugh with the Andrews and their characters. I like their humor. And I appreciate the amount of beating their heroes can handle.

description

Seriously, even half-blind, vegetarian Dali can take a beating, get up and help kick some arse.

Jo
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I love how we always see another side to the badass Jim Shrapshire when he’s around Dali Harimau. Jim is always so broody, so intent on protecting the Pack, that it’s easy to forget that he has a softer side too, and Dali definitely brings out his soft side ;-)

And I just love tigress Dali, who is a vegetarian, almost blind and hell on wheels :-D She is adorable, and with this book we got to see her work her magic, which was just fantastic.

I love the romance between Dali and Jim, they are so s

Hollis
My previous review of this one wasn't actually a review at all, just a funny quote, and this time around I would say that the three stars will stay only because of Jim. Seeing Jim as more than how we normally see him is so fun. Dali I'm hit or miss on because the girl has a lot of insecurities and is quirky to the n'th degree, but I like that she's different, I like seeing a happy Jim, so the rating won't be changing.

Definitely noticing, though, that if it isn't a Kate-centric, or Julie-centric
Cathy
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read as part of Night Shift.

Dali is not my favourite character, I never really liked her -- she is just too over the top. Whiny, half blind, insecure, just a bit too much to come across as totally believeable. Even so, I liked this story. The plot was good.
K.
Trigger warnings: violence, blood, gore, death of a child (in the past), car accident (in the past).

31/8/2019
So when I finished my final book for the NEWTs last night, I realised that if I read one more book, I would have read 300 books in the first 8 months of the year. So, like, obviously I was going to read one more book. And this one, being a novella, was perfect.

This is also a fantastic mix of the mystery/violent ick that one would expect from the Kate Daniels series while also letting us
lucie
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-english, 2016
"What's the deal with you?" Jim asked.
"Nothing."
"I have three sisters," Jim reminded me. "I know what nothing means."

Can we just take a moment and appreciate how Dali & Jim are perfect together? They are my all time favorite couple and I could read their short stories over and over again!

description

If you want to dream about true love (in case you didn't find your soulmate yet), read it.
If not, read it anyway.

Note: It's not a romance book, there is a lot of action. It is just me who is focusing on irr
Haïfa
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uf
Dali's POVs are so great!
It's a shame we don't see more of her in the main series!!
But why is there no mention of(view spoiler)

Also did I mention how much I loved Dali's novellas? :D
Kelly
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I adore Jim and Dali together. They're so very different and oh, so right for one another. Plus, Jim's decision to let Dali take the lead in how their relationship progresses makes me all mushy inside. For such a big, scary dude, he's awfully sweet to his lady friend. *draws glittery hearts around them*

This time around, Jim tags along when Dali goes looking for a missing woman and he gets to see a side of Dali he's never seen. Her ability to counteract evil is pretty impressive and Jim's
SheLove2Read
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2016
2016 review: I love Jim and Dali!

2017: I absolutely adored it the first time around and it got even better, knowing what I know about the series and where Jim and Dali end up. I really hope that the authors will do a full length novel about this couple someday - they are awesome!
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
✴ Read for The Grand KD Buddy Read/Reread/Rererereread 2017-2018 with my fellow IIAs

This was so cute! I really like them as a couple, not that much individually though lol

Quotes
(view spoiler)
Aly
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dali is still in love with her badass werejaguar. They're dating but have busy lives which means they don't see each other as often as they would like. And Dali still have insecurities about her look and lack of curves. She also fear she's not what Jim really need. Him being a stong alpha, she seem to think he needs a powerful-with-mad-skills-at-fighting mate. Her magic is different from others, it's spell-based magic, but Jim will be there to make her believe in her worth, no matter the situati ...more
Maria Dimitrova
RTC
Tammie
This story was published in the anthology Night Shift. I loved reading another novella about Jim and Dali. I was laughing out loud at some parts, especially the parts where Dali was trying to hide Jim from her mother.

“My mother stared at the ceiling. “Did you hear that?”
“Hear what?” I asked, my eyes wide. I would kill Jim. He could sit completely motionless for hours when on stakeouts. I’d seen him do it. He had to be dropping things on purpose. Thud!
“That!” My mother turned predatory like
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! I always liked Dali when we see her in Kate's world but you just didn't know much about her. I loved this look in her life and getting to know who she is. There's a lot more to her than being half-blind and crashing expensive cars *though I still love that too*.

But what I most loved was the different look at Jim Shrapshire, the Pack's feared Head of Security. The Jim we've always seen is mysterious, grim and just freaking scary. I absolutely loved seeing how different he was with Dali
Obsidian
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Not a lot to say about this besides I love the character of Dali. A mystical white tiger and part of the Cat Clan she is now dating Jim the alpha of the Cat clan and also in charge of security for the Pack. This book takes place right before the events of "Magic Rises" though this book in the series order comes right after that book (does that make sense? I hope so).

Please don't read this if you are not up to date with the Kate Daniels series. I have read up to "Magic Binds" which is ninth in t
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, bought

** Originally read in Night Shift **

We are taken back into the Kate Daniels world with Jim and Dali. This is in Dali's POV. If you have not read Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels #4.5) you might be a little lost on the relationship between these two, since they hook up in Magic Dreams.

We get to see Jim and Dali dating and Dali’s fears that she is not powerful, aggressive or sexy enough of a women shifter to be an equal to Jim. Jim shows Dali that she is everything he needs and that them becoming ma
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

I’ve skipped most of the novellas (Aside: I read A Questionable Client, but it was part of a collection, so I didn’t review it but it was pretty good and worth it for the very ending for sure) because I couldn’t get them freely (I’ll no doubt buy them on some future reread, but I’m trying to be careful with my money rn). My library had this one, so hell yes I read it. We leave Kate behind for a shippy little novella starring Demi.

Demi’s adorable. She’s a weretiger with magical powers an
Shayantani
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun read. Dali's mother is hilarious, she will have you cracking up. I don't usually like Jim's character(back off Kate man!) but these two make such an intriguing couple. This novella explores a new mythology and a new relationship and it was so quintessentially Ilona Andrews with its humour, romance and action scenes.
Rhea_Sways
I loved this perspective, I did not know I would connect so deeply with Dali. But the authors have made a complex and riveting plot that is embellished with great amount of characterization. I think the authors have truly done justice for characters outside the culture and especially those of colour. It just increased my respect for the authors, I AM IN LOVEE...

• Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Hex Appeal
  • An Apple for the Creature
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • Magic Bleeds - Conclave (Curran POV #8)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • Naked Dinner (Curran POV #7)
  • Curran (Curran POV #1-2)
  • Magic Strikes - Midnight Games (Curran POV #4)
  • Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5; Barbarian, #1)
  • Magic Burns - Soup (Curran POV #3)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Guild Hunter #0.6; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse #9.2)
  • Magic Bites - Unicorn Lane (Curran POV #1)
  • Fathers and Sons (Curran POV #2-2)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Dark and Stormy Knights
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more

Kate Daniels (10 books)
  • Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)