Start by marking “Cold, Thin Air Volume #2” as Want to Read:
Cold, Thin Air Volume #2

Cold, Thin Air Volume #2

A long abandoned theme park holds a deadly secret, a cabin trip becomes a fight for survival, a writer returns to a town claimed long ago by eminent domain, a tragic incident on a mountain highway, a Christmas story of child wonderment and the ancient monsters who haunt us, a college dorm with a frightening history, a resurfacing memory with unsettling realizations, a ...more
Published October 6th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Cold, Thin Air Volume #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold, Thin Air Volume #2

Start your review of Cold, Thin Air Volume #2
Roxie Prince
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this review and more on my blog at [Roxie Writes].

‘Cold, Thin Air: Vol. 2’ by C.K. Walker

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Sofie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, horror
Room 733 was really good, the others were ... not. I thought these were supposed to be horror stories? Most of them are just tragic tales of messed up towns or families, or parodies of horror stories. At least I think they must be parodies, because they're so over the top and ridiculous. Not scary or chilling, that's for sure. Not a fan of the tropes, and the writing is just ok. Recommend Room 733, and I think it's available online for free. Leave the rest if you're a fan of classic horror or ...more
Olivia
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C.K. Walker is an absolute horror debut success. I am personally offended that Hollywood makes dribble into movies but overlooks talent like this. If you're a horror fiction fan: I promise you will like C.K. Walker. Horror is largely overdone as a genre, so its refreshing to see a new TAKE on popular themes and tropes. I guarantee theres more than one story in each book that will make you take a step back and say, "Well that was messed up and not at all what I expected."

As this is anthology
Mary
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite of the "cold, thin air" volumes. There were a couple of the stories here that stuck with me a bit and my mind kept coming back to. A very disturbing drive through an Arizona canyon, creepy dolls are always a delight, and I'd never dreamed that the scariest monster ever could be so simple a toddler could draw it. There were a few typos here and there, more like spellcheck errors, but they were minor and didn't distract from the storytelling at all.
Shelby
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I initially bought this book to have a copy of one of my favorite Creepypasta series, Borrasca. However I was surprised when I read some of the other short stories. They were not as long, and with less detail the stories weren’t quite as good, but still fun reads! A great book for people who can only read for short periods at a time.
H.
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good, but not as good as 1.

Still good. I liked the first better. The best stories were borrasca, room 733, and blue ridge. I'd heard two of them on the no sleep podcast already. Most of the rest bordered on the absurd. Still creepy, though!
Linda
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was introduced to this author by the NoSleep Podcast. Borrasca is both the saddest and scariest story ever. Love the way the endings screw around with assumptions.
Judy Cadena
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NoSleep readers, Anyone who loves being immersed in a damn good story!
Shelves: horror, short-stories
Please see the first volume for my review But the short version is that she's awesome. Her writing is awesome. Read it.
Maurício  da Fonte Filho
O vol. 2 dessa coletânea apresenta um dos melhores contos da autora, Borrasca. Uma história assustadora e impactante.
Mari Olmedo
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a good book to read at night. Makes trying to sleep much more exciting.
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Some of the stories I enjoyed however the writing is not brilliant.
Mmmbacon
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another no sleeper makes it big!
Sam Lambe
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, but only having the first two parts of Borascca hurts it.
Lindsay
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc-horror
I'm a big fan of C.K. Walker, and I was excited to pick up "cold, thin air: Volume 2." As I've said before, Walker's strengths lie in her ability to create a sufficiently spooky atmosphere for her stories. She does a phenomenal job of capturing desolation and hopelessness.

My favorites:

"Blue Ridge" -- an alternate take on Walker's "Paradise Pine"

"Dollhouse" -- a journalist looking for the paranormal returns to her hometown and finds out just why it's deserted.

"Copper Canyon" -- a truly
Picture  Perfect
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Who knew that my new genre of interest would be horror fiction? Ever since I started listening to the NoSleep Podcast, I've been loving these kind of short stories. There's something so creative about being able spook listeners/readers without all the special effects that usually horror movies consist of (especially not a fan of cheap jump scares). Of course, the stories in this book weren't perfect (though, I confess I mostly bought it for Borrasca). There also were a couple of noticeable ...more
Jennie
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the volume that contains Borrasca, which is one of the best short stories I have read in a while.

Suspenseful and her stories tend to end in ways I do not expect. Solid writer, looking forward to more.
Kasey
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gyo
  • Penpal
  • Junji Ito's Dissolving Classroom
  • Uzumaki: Spiral into Horror, Vol. 2.
  • Alphabet Soup: Horror Stories for the Tormented Soul
  • The Showers
  • Duma Key
  • Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
  • High on Arrival
C.K. Walker has been published by Jitter Press, The Altar Collective, and Thought Catalog. Her stories have been adapted for audio by Chilling Tales for Dark Nights and the NoSleep Podcast.