Start by marking “Ravaged River (Men of Mercy #4)” as Want to Read:
Ravaged River (Men of Mercy #4)

Ravaged River

(Men of Mercy #4)

Special forces operative Hoyt Crowe wasn't just damaged… he was broken. After suffering brutal torture in captivity, his once lively spirit is shattered. Now his greatest adversary isn’t some unknown terrorist in a foreign country, it’s himself.

Published January 30th 2016 by Cypress Bend Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Ravaged River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravaged River

Katie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it

This book follows the story of Hoyt (a special forces operative who suffers from a severe case of PTSD) and Hayden (a former lover of Hoyt's whose brothers also serve with Hoyt). I did enjoy this book, but reading it as a standalone was not my best choice. There were SO MANY CHARACTERS that we are supposed to know about that I have to admit, I got lost at some points and had to refer back to see who was who.

Hoyt was adorable and I truly felt for him. I do wish the author delved a bit f
Dawn
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! This lady can write. I think I made record time reading this book it was so good. (I made my husband wait for me to finish before I would leave the room.) I love Hoyt's and have waited to read his story for a bit now and was so excited to get my hands on it. I was hoping so much that it lived up to my expectations... And it did with some to spare.

His story is so heartbreaking and then it isn't. He is an amazing man who needs the love of Hayden to find his way back after being tortured.
Amy
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ravaged River (Men of Mercy 6)
Lindsay Cross
4 stars

Once again Im brought in on number six of a series. GAH! You all know I am not of fan of that but I also wont put the book down over it either. This was a really good read and I was sorry that I had not read the previous five releases. There were so many characters that I wanted to know more about.

Hoyt Crowe has been through the suck people and I mean since he was a child. Abused by his Uncle and Aunt, tortured by his cousins and dealing with th
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

“Ravaged River” was not my “First Rodeo” with Lindsay Cross’s “Men of Mercy”. Even if I have not been following up the line of Books, it is still an easy enough standalone.

At least once you read the first few pages. The story shows no mercy (pun intended) to reader. It paces at such a high speed that I felt almost out of control at times.

I had to stop and take a deep breath at times before continuing. The story itself is as complex and confusing when it comes to the military parts of it – as it
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Hoyt! Hoyt has been tortured and near death. He has been left with scars both internally and externally. Hayden is the love of his life and sat by his bed nursing him back to health and seeing past his scars. He is determined to push her away. She deserves better than the shell of a man that he has become.

Hoyt’s group becomes a terrorist target which puts all of the people they care about in danger, including Hayden. He will protect her with his life.

Hayden’s heart has been beaten and ba
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I really really liked Ravaged River.

It is part of a series, but can definitely be enjoyed as a stand alone. I didn't know it was a series until after I started reading and although characters from previous books make appearances in Ravaged River it did not take away from the story. It only made me want to go back and read the rest of the books so I can catch up with everyone of Task Force Scorpion.

This reminded me of Lori Foster's Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series. It's swarming with super
GypsyBelle
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

FUDGE ! What an book! I have binge read all of the men . And I can say I think Hoyt is my favorite. Why? He is broken yes, but he only needed the love of Hayden and he to me was put back together. No I don't think he is brand new. But I wouldn't want him no other way. It was a great book, and a hell of voyage. I am so glad I was able to read and devour these books. And Hoyt baby , you are my new book boyfriend. *wink*
Coco.V
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 Books 1 - 8 in the Men of Mercy series are FREE on Amazon today (1/28/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Hayden James watched Hoyt slide into a private purgatory of post-traumatic stress disorder, taking her heart with him. No longer warm and loving, he is cold. Hardened.
Monica Cardoza
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
He thinks he doesn’t deserve the love of the woman he loves because he is broken. But the woman that he loves is going to have to be patient with him she is going to have to be understanding even though he tells her hateful things he does love her.

This is the sixth book in the Men of Mercy series and one that broke my heart. I have to admit that I have only read the first two books and I have some catching up to do and I will be doing it very soon. Ravaged River was a very emotional story and on
Sparkymom
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! Holy cow! This story blew me away. I love love love this series, and I have been dying to get Hoyt's story. He has been awesome from the start, but I couldn't believe what he ended up going through. It changed him so much, but it didn't change his love for Hayden. His willingness to do whatever is necessary to keep her safe is the backbone of this story. Hoyt is changed. He is not the same man and never will be again. Hayden doesn't care. He stood by her through the worst crisis of h ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Hoyt Crowe is facing personal demons and pushing away anyone and everyone from family to loved ones. Hoyt survived brutal torture just can't seem to get away from the nightmares plaguing his every waking and dreaming existence. Hayden James knows that Hoyt hurt her because he himself is hurting and unable to cope with recent changes in this life. Hayden doesn't want to date anyone because she's in love with Hoyt. When Hayden's mentor encourages her to get out more Hayden reluctantly takes his ad ...more
Tina
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I came into this without having read the first 5 books in the series. It didn't even matter. This book.stole my heart. As a veteran myself, this book had special meaning to me. I have utmost respect for our service men and I'm thrilled when writers can do them so much justice. Lindsay you truly blew me away.

My heart was aching for Hoyt from the get go, so much so that I couldn't put the book down AT ALL!! Hoyt stole me heart from the beginning with his brokenness. I felt his pain through the bo
Alissa
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ravaged River was my first book by Lindsay Cross and I really enjoyed Hoyt and Hayden's story!! While this is the 6th book in the series, I was able to read it as a standalone. It had action, suspense and a great love story mixed into it as well. There was apparently a whole lot of action in the books leading up to this one, and I'd love to go back and read the others at some point. Especially to find out about Hoyt's past.

I really felt for Hoyt and what he went through. This story starts after
Lisa Partridge
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay Cross does it again! Ravaged River, the story of Hoyt and Haley has all the same twists and turns as all the Men of Mercy books you have come to expect. I loved the fact that Hoyt and Haley's story is so unique to them. Sometimes authors write series with the same core, girl meets boy, boy rejects girl, danger arises, boy realizes mistake, happily ever after...but not every couple can be molded into that form. Hoyt and Haley have unique problems that Lindsay beautifully addressed. Wish i ...more
Charlene
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think Hoyt and Hayden are my favorite characters so far from this series. This book is as good as the rest of this series. I loved it. I love all of Lindsay Cross' books. I would recommend this book and the complete series to anyone who likes Romantic Suspense. I can't wait to read the next book. Thanks
Lindsay Cross

Stacey
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

so what happens when not only your life is endangered but your friends and family and the love of your life . and what if it happens to be someone she knows but not very well .
and why would they go after her and your friends and family find this and much more when you buy , read and review .
also can love overcome the beast .
and can the beast allow himself to love and see himself as the one who loves him does or will love not conquer all .
Alyse
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have only read one other book in Men of Mercy Series, so I felt like I was missing some back story on all of these characters.

That being said, I felt that Reckless River was somewhat predicable and not all that "suspenseful" or even "romantic". The "romance" between Hoyt and Hayden was EXTREMELY lacking to me. I feel like their "romance" took place in other books that I haven't read.
Mercedes
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Men of Mercy Series, Hoyt.
Hoyt is trying to come to term with his trauma and emotions after this torture, while trying to stop a terrorist group.
He has turned away from everyone especially Hayden his one love.Great action,drama,intrigue ,angst and romance.
A very good read.
Whispers From
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🎉🎉 THIS WHOLE SERIES IS FREE AT TIME OF POSTING 🎉🎉

Hoyt is on Task Force-Scorpion, several months ago he he held hostage and tortured by his own cousin. Scarred and feeling unworthy, he tries to commit suicide. After spending time in a VA psych ward, he’s finally getting back to a sort of normal but refuses to see Hayden. Hayden was his girlfriend until he had his brother tell her he no longer wanted to see her again. Hayden is a psychology student and after being avoided has decided to try and g
Annette Drewett
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarred and Broken but Not Out! Hoyt is now a scarred, broken warrior with PTSD, who is having a hard time adjusting to life after his captivity and torture. He has panic attacks and fears he might hurt Hunter’s sister Hayden during one of these, so decides to avoid all contact with her. This however is harder than he thinks. After twelve months of being dismissed as not worthy, Hayden decides to start dating again, but can’t forget how much she loves Hoyt. When danger threatens the team and the ...more
Nikki Brooks
Hoyt has been put through the wringer, emotionally and physically. He feels he is no longer the man he was and that Hayden is best off without him. I almost blubbed at a certain points cos his pain was just to palpable.

I loved that Hayden didn't see the scars and pain, she just saw Hoyt. Once she was determined to get him back into her life, the devious minx was determined to get him to see that too. I loved how the author took the evidence available to the characters and managed to spin it so t
Sony
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Had me smiling and crying at the same time!

I really enjoyed reading the fourth installment to the "Men of Mercy" series. I enjoyed the new characters brought to this story, twist and turns the author sent us on, and the sassy women involved with the sexy men. This story did not have as much heat as the others in the series so far, but still a page turner. I would have given this book five stars, but the time line seemed off to me, other than what a fantastic read! I would and have recommended th
Holly Bargo
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great series, but annoying editing errors

I am really enjoying this series, however the improper capitalization, incorrect words, and confusion between plurals and possessives mar what would otherwise be 5-star books. The heroes are alpha without being arrogant, womanizing jerks and the heroines have spunk and backbones, even if they occasionally display moments of terminal stubbornness and emotional whiplash. That said, I recommend the series.
Donna Purcell zappone
This series is awesome!!! These books keep getting better and better.
This one follows Hoyt and his love interest Hayden. In one of the previous books you learn that Hayden has slept ( being drunk but she still did it) with one of one other Special Ops guys. So I had a misconception that she was a little ho. I'm nit gonna tell you that she is ur isn't but thus book is like all its predecessors as being very emotional and caring. It covers the topic of PTSD.

Can't wait for the next one.
Mary
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tortured Man or a Monster?

Hoyt thinks he is only good for killing, he has no emotions or feelings. Hayden loves Hoyt, but he is pushing her away, he thinks she deserves a man without scars. When terrorists target Team Scorpion Hoyt will have to face what scares him. Hayden will do anything to get Hoyt back into her life.
Sue
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read. Poor Hoyt can't catch a break. In previous book he was caught and tortured and he's not the same. He keeps pushing Hayden away even though he loves her. He thinks she deserves a better man. But when her life is threatened he'll do anything to save her. Lots of action, love, hurt and yes, terrorists.
Regina A Fontaine
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ravaged heart......

Oh the pain in this storyline, such heartache and heartbreak between Hoyte and Hayden. They both had me in tears!! I won't give out any teaser, you have to read to see what happens, can't wait for the next book in this series.
Becki
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ravaged River

Another good book by Lyndsay Cross. This series of broken heroes and heroines who find peace and life with a love they thought they couldn't have. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Jenn
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt story

Great writing with Hoyt, could feel his pain at times. I also didn't hate Hayden and I was sure I would so that's a huge plus.
The twist wasn't very hidden but still good plot
Goodreads Librari...: B018W4GENC 3 16 Jan 24, 2016 12:18AM

• A SEAL Forever (West Coast Navy SEALs, #3)
  • Saved By The SEAL (Battle Scars, #2)
  • The Asset (Wounded Warrior #1)
  • Five Days Grace (McRae series #4)
  • Target of the Heart (The Night Stalkers #11)
  • Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops, #3)
  • Commanding Her SEAL (ASSIGNMENT: Caribbean Nights #7; Duchess Island #3)
  • Surviving the Fall (Hidden Truths, #4)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Silver Fire (Guardians, #2)
  • Look Again (Echo Platoon, #0.5)
  • Pushing the Limit (Alpha Ops, #3)
  • Down Range (Shadow Warriors, #2)
  • Double Danger (A-Tac, #6)
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)
  • Daring Time
  • Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
Lindsay Cross is the award-winning author of the Men of Mercy series. She is the fun loving mom of two beautiful daughters and one precocious Great Dane. Lindsay is happily married to the man of her dreams – a soldier and veteran. During one of her husband’s deployments from home, writing became her escape and motivation.

An avid reader since childhood, reading and writing is in her blood. After y

Men of Mercy (7 books)
  • Redemption River (Men of Mercy #1)
  • Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy, #3)
  • Revenge River (Men of Mercy, #5)
  • Relentless River (Men of Mercy #6)
  • Cord's Chance (Men of Mercy #7)