Start by marking “Lover's Knot (Dorina Basarab #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Knot (Dorina Basarab #3.5)

Lover's Knot

(Dorina Basarab #3.5)

One of the most powerful vampires alive has gone missing, which is fine with Dorina Basarab. As a dhampir, her job is killing vampires, not saving them. But then the man sent to find the missing vamp also goes missing, and she finds herself on a rescue with a flood of long forgotten memories playing out in her head. What are they trying to tell her? And can she figure it o ...more
ebook, Online Fiction, 134 pages
Published June 27th 2017 by Karen Chance (first published April 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Knot, please sign up.
Chs482 Karen Chance actually mentioned on Facebook that it should be out by the end of this month.
The Cassandra Palmer Series by Karen Chance "The freebie…more
The Cassandra Palmer Series by Karen Chance "The freebie should be out toward the end of this month. I hope to have news on RTS this month as well, but can't be certain of that."(less)

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
I can honestly say that I don't remember anything from the Karen Chance series. You can blame the author on that, its been FOREVER since a Dory book, and we get a novella. Not to same I'm not happy, but I wanted more. I think everyone who will read this short would agree with me. I feel like she's disappointing a core group of her fans, because lets be real everyone doesn't read the Cassie Palmer books. My hand is raised high because I'm one of those folks. I don't read it, tried and failed big ...more
Marta Cox
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
Oh the joy that is a story by Karen Chance can never be overstated. I have enjoyed her Cassie the Pythia stories but the Dory books that connect usually have a completely different feel. Well not this time as it's an immediate action fest at break neck speed that sees Dory well and truly at the not so tender mercies of her inner Dhampir and it really opens up the history of not just Dorina but her powerful Vampire father Mircea. Dory might not care for Vampire politics but she understands the wa ...more
Galateea
UPDATE 16 June 2017

Somebody is on the roll! I definitely owe the author my firstborn now. We've had all these massive chapter updates this week and honestly i'm more than just overjoyed. And is that approval i see, Marlowe? Towards Dory?
description
Is the world coming to an end? Are pigs flying yet? Is hell seeing the light of dawn while covered in snow with roses blooming all over Abaddon?
Because i cannot understand how on Earth and other planes of existence did Kit approve of something Dory did. And he
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
First thing to note is Lover's Knot isn't for people who haven't read the series. You can't appreciate all the little things here.
In short, Dorina is hired to find a missing master. She is constantly being hit by her other half's memories, so you get a chapter of Dory in the present and a chapter from the past, but from Mircea's POV. I loved getting into Mircea's head and his attitude towards everyone when it comes to his tiny daughter.
E.G. Manetti
I can't get enough of Dory/Dorina Basra, her vampire-hottie lover Louis-Cesare, or her fascinating dad Mircea. All my favorites from the Chance-verse in one action packed novella. 5-stars.
Louisa
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, I loved reading this book! Dorina is in Ride the Storm, but this is the first story in a while where Dory is the star! I loved it, and I can't wait for more!
Mara
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can hear me chanting "Dorina, Dorina" in the background. Let's hope her next book will come out sooner or later.
Trisha
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this novella! Action packed with most of the gang present. I actually enjoyed it more than her other books
Isa Lavinia

Finally another Dorina story!
This is honestly one of my favourite series!

I was pleasantly surprised that this one focused quite a bit on my absolute favourite thing about these books: Dorina's relationship with her father Mircea.
There is so much to explore there and it's so nice to see how devoted Mircea was/is to his daughter, and Dorina finally regaining some of her memories.

I wish they'd interacted in the present day as well.

Other things I loved:

- Horatiu. He was just so great! I love hi
Jen Davis
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I waited to read this novella until I had the new Dorina Basarab book at hand and I am glad that I did… because while this was a fun ride, it never would have satisfied my craving after so long away from the series.

This story is told in alternating timelines and points of view. Half of it is present day Dory, while the other is told by the Mircea of the past. I have to say, I did not like this storytelling device. Yes, I like Mircea quite a lot in this series, far more than I do in the Cassie Pa
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2017)! 💝

Blurb:

One of the most powerful vampires alive has gone missing, which is fine with Dorina Basarab. As a dhampir, a half human, half vampire hybrid, her job is killing vampires, not saving them. But then the man sent to find the missing vampire also goes missing, and he happens to be her lover, Louis-Cesare. She therefore finds herself on a rescue mission with an old enemy, while forgotten memories from deep in her past play out in her head. What are they try
Tim Mercer
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a bad bash, a good short. In standard Karen Chance form it jumps from action to action with almost a Hey Dude, Where's My Car atmosphere of "and then...". A good fast read with Dory in fine form. 4 stars.
Debrac2014
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story! Action packed! Takes place after Fury's Kiss! Anthony and Louis-Cesare are missing so Dory, Marlowe and Radu are looking for them!
Cathy
May 07, 2017 marked it as owned-unread
For free on the author's website: http://www.karenchance.com/knot.html
Nath
3/5 (C)

Finally! Been waiting to have more Dorina Basarab material to read for a long time!

Lover's Knot was fun, but confusing. It didn't help it's online and could not get comfortable reading it. My grade might change once it comes out as a book or ebook and I can re-read it.

I always like to revisit the past to see Mircea and Dory's relationship. Mircea's love for Dory is undeniable and she loved her father as well. Must have broken Mircea's heart that she couldn't remember... even if it was to
Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great short story. Mircea, my favorite character was in it. It was fun and full of action.
Summer
I wanted more Dory and Louis-Cesare. But I am glad to have something about her after so long without.
Sophia
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
Ah, the joy and excitement of a new Dory story! The petite dhampir packs a punch and takes a beating, but gets right back up to fight her way out of some really tight spots in a world full of supernatural creatures that are powerful and lethal.

Lover's Knot is a long-novella that falls after the third book in the series and picks up where that one left off. It's an urban fantasy series that shares the Cassie Palmer world. I began with the prequel story in the On the Prowl anthology and then began
Zoltan Makacs
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lover's Knot is a great 'double threat' urban fantasy novella that not only delivers exciting action and high-stakes intrigue, but also fleshes out the backstory of crucial characters and adds to the series' world through inventive expansions of the boundaries of its magic.

The story's structure did feel less coherent and its conclusion more rushed than the other great Dory novella (Zombie's Bite), but Lover's Knot is an excellent chapter of Dory's/Dorina's story overall and an entertaining must-
Amy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dory and Dorina still haven't figured out to communicate with each other, the result is Dorina showing snippets of their past to Dory when she is asleep/unconscious. This results in Dory fall asleep at inopportune times to memories of Mireca in Venice (several years after Masks).

Dory is on a rescue mission to save Louis Ceasar and the European Consul, Anthony who have both gone missing. Together with Radu and Marlowe, Dory travels to Europe to track down Louis Ceasare, her only hope in doing so
Jackie
It has been a very long time since last enjoyed a Dorina Basarab story and though this one was only a short novella in length it had the impact that fans look for when revisiting a familiar group of characters.

As expected Radu was in fine form, Marlowe was his usual surly self and Dory came through with flying colors as she unraveled the mystery behind all Dorina's flashbacks in the nick of time to help them save her lover Louis Cesare.

The flashback/flash forward style of storyline is not my fav
Jean
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it

I really enjoy reading the Dorina Basarab series. I found it's easier to read Karen Chance's books in mostly one sitting. This one is no different. There is a lot of jumping from a past event to the present and it can be confusing but stick with because it's all mostly explained in the end. This is not a stand alone story, you need to read the other books in the series to understand character connections. I wish it had been a little longer and a little better and deeper explanation giv
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
DORY! DORY! DORY!

Jonesing for a full length Dory book.

Mary Abshire
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
The style of writing wasn't my cup of tea, but the story itself was decent.
iva
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
too many jumping from one scene to another
Beth
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo
Very nice. A snippet of how Dory & Doriana are learning to communicate when things go to hell.
I really want a full novel now. Hopefully on the author's in progress list?
Alice
An alright interlude, but doesn't advance the main storylines from either Cassie or Dory series that I can tell. Always nice to have Radu though.
Lynn
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book gave me a Dory fix, but it also left me wanting so much more. The story flow was a bit choppy with the flashes to the past, but the end made up for it.
Robin
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
It's good but it's not my favorite when she jumps between time.
Kristi
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The jumping between present and 1457 really confused me. Love Karen Chance and her series', but this was not doing it for me.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Karen Chance Fans: Lover's Knot 68 134 Aug 07, 2018 05:54AM
The Open Book: Lover's Knot 1 1 Mar 08, 2018 05:04PM

• The Lay of the Land (Incryptid, #0.21)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5)
  • Pros and Cons (Nikki Glass, #2.5)
  • Originally Human (World of Lupi, #1.5)
  • Milk and Cookies (Cal Leandros, #7.5)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • A Stroke of Dumb Luck (Colbana Files, #0.5)
  • My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)
Karen Chance is the author of two New York Times bestselling series, plus a number of novellas and short stories, all set in the Cassandra Palmer universe. A full-time writer since 2008, she was previously a university history teacher, which comes in handy when writing the time-travel aspect of Cassie’s crazy adventures. She loves Las Vegas, the main setting for her novels, but currently lives in ...more

Dorina Basarab (5 books)
  • Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1)
  • Death's Mistress (Dorina Basarab, #2)
  • Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Queen’s Gambit (Dorina Basarab, #5)
“I'm thinking of acquiring you from him." I caught Elise's fist, because she appeared to have the same reaction to Marlowe that I did. And while I’d love another go at him, especially with help, we were running low on time. "Later," I told her. She nodded. From her expression, it was a promise” 0 likes