Start by marking “Dragon Fever (Dark Kings #9.5; Dark World #26.5; 1001 Dark Nights #44)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Fever (Dark Kings #9.5; Dark World #26.5; 1001 Dark Nights #44)

Dragon Fever

(Dark Kings #9.5)

A yearning that won’t be denied

Rachel Marek is a journalist with a plan. She intends to expose the truth about dragons to the world – and her target is within sight. Nothing matters but getting the truth, especially not the ruggedly handsome, roguishly thrilling Highlander who oozes danger and charm. And when she finds the truth that shatters her faith, she’ll have to tru
Published July 26th 2016 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Fever

Start your review of Dragon Fever (Dark Kings #9.5; Dark World #26.5; 1001 Dark Nights #44)
Lisa Marie
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really liked this novella! But then again, Donna never disappoints!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

DRAGON FEVER is a novella set in the Dark Kings would. If you haven’t read this series yet, I would suggest starting from the beginning. Since this book takes place quite deeper into the timeline already, I think new readers would be lost and probably wouldn’t appreciate the story than someone who has read from the beginning.

That being said, DRAGON FEVER explores some of the consequences of the events in the series so far. So far the Dark Kings have managed to stay relatively hidden but tha
Re-listened on 13/1-2020.
First listened on 21-23/12-2019.
Alaina
Dragon Fever was another okay novella. In it, you will meet Asher and Rachel. They were okay characters but Rachel was just not my favorite person. I wanted to like her but she wasn't really trustworthy. Then there's Asher, who was a lot more likable. I was intrigued to see how things were going to play out since Asher knew things that Rachel wasn't saying. Other than all of that, the romance we meh and I just mostly bored with the whole thing.
Trish R.
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great!

I love Donna Grant’s dragons. I read her 10th book, Firestorm, and they just keep getting better and better. And this one is no different. I loved Asher and Rachel. She was all set to get all the dirt on him that she could find and then splash it all over the newspaper, but once she heard his story she changed her tune.

Of course, Ulrik is being his usual asshole self. I love that, too. LOL… And I loved Ms. Blossom Engel, too. She was Asher’s assistant and was very protective of him, as we
WTF Are You Reading?

If you thought that a Dark Kings novella would pack any less of a
literary punch than that of the full length novels that readers have come to know and love.
You are in for quite the drama filled surprise with Dragon Fever.

Spotlighting Jade Dragon King, Asher.
Dragon Fever takes up right where Smoke And Fire left off.
With Ulrik seeming to gain both power and influence at every turn,
and the destruction of the Dragon Kings his only goal.
Con, Dreagan, the united Dragon Kings, and all the world face m
iamboredaf
I loved the strong chemistry between Asher and Rachel.

Also, at least there's a bit progress regarding Ulrik.

The heroine is an American, again. I'm bored.

I think Asher is a green dragon. I forgot the details, oops.

Of course, Rachel is a human. I'm bored some more.

That's all.
Paraphrodite
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I am so ready to read the big finale now..... but it looks like Ms Grant has got quite a few books to go with this series... *sigh* Just hope they are stories on Con, Ulrik and Rhi!
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have yet to read a bad book in this series, and all of the situations the couples find themselves in are completely different. Ulrik really needs to die...
Rebecca
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m always intrigued by humanities need to uncover the truth about anything other worldly; they act as if it is their right to know all secrets, exposing the truth for the good of mankind. But here’s the thing, the means to which humans work to unearth the ‘truth’ is both underhanded and manipulative and usually is done for the wrong reasons or for altruistic ones that can’t truly be reached.

It’s interesting to see Rachel/Rae work her ruse on Asher King - one of the Dragon Kings - because for s
Steph
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure if I saw a dragon fer realz, I would set a new land speed record for getting the hell outta there.

Journalist Rachel Marek wants to expose the existence of dragons to the world and show them for the monsters they are, so when a tip takes her to the World Whisky Consortium, she knows this is her big break. Dragon King Asher wants desperately not to be at WWC, but his luck is looking up when he meets Rachel. With his schedule back to back, he and Rachel
Valerie
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I continue to be impressed that this author can make each of the books in this series unique in some way. And it doesn't seem to matter that this is a novella, it had it's own flare and I just continue to devour them.

For the first time, we have a women trying to find out the dirt on the Kings. She's trying to trick Asher. Good luck with that. But it creates a new dimension to their story. When will he find out? How far is she willing to go to get her story? And can Asher ever forgive her if she
Stef - British Book Binge
i haven't actually read many shifter books and and this was my first Dragon one and it's safe to say that I am now a fan and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of this series.

We have a hot possessive alpha male and a strong determined heroine the chemistry between is there right from the moment they meet.

There was plenty of romance and suspense which has left me wondering what comes next, especially there are many secrets hinted at in this book.

Roll on for the rest of this series.
Clarice
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think that Donna Grant had me in mind when she is writing these Dragon King book. I can see myself in each and everyone of her books. Then there is the Dark Warriors Books as well. Keep up the good work.
Jenn
4.5 stars.

I am a huge fan of this sexy dragon series! This novella was filled with everything I like, romance, suspense and lots of excitement. I can't wait to see what comes next!

I received an ARC.
Nikki
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought we were going to get some answers in this one. I mean I love these books but come on were 9.5 books in something has got to start giving
Candy Varty
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Its a shorter story but one I really enjoyed.
Tanya Davis
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dragon Fever - Tour banner

DRAGON FEVER by Donna Grant, a novella in her Dark Kings Series brought to you by 1001 Dark Nights, is finally here! Be sure you check out the trailer and all the stops on the tour. It's available now so grab your copy today!

Asher appealed to me because he seemed so relaxed and informal yet took on the professional job at the WWC representing Draegan and did it well. However, I was disappointed in his quick reaction to Rachel right from the beginning. I know there is a lot of insta-love in
Meiwilli
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Be careful what you go looking for...

Rachel Marek is an undercover journalist, "Rae", on a mission to expose the truth about dragons. When Rachel lays eyes on her mark, Dragon King Asher from Dreagan, she'll get more than she bargained for. Sadly Rachel believes she can use her Rae persona to lure and seduce Asher but it is actually Asher who seduces Rae.

Asher is in beautiful Paris, France representing Dreagan at the WWC in place of the King of Kings, Constantine. Asher meets the mysterious Ms.
Adriana
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Asher is sent to Paris to represent Draegan whiskey in the WWC, he is captivated by Ray, a beautiful human who can make him smile and forget about the stress of his days. Rachel Marek is a journalist with a plan. Determined to expose the Dragon Kings for who they really are, she is will stop at nothing to reveal the truth. However, the truth as she knows it isn't as complete as she believed. Getting close to Asher in order to get all the facts straight, Rachel finds herself falling for the ...more
T.M. Payne
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Dragon Fever (Dark Kings #9.5)
Author: Donna Grant
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewer: Tammy - Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
This is a novella and in it, we meet Asher and Rachel.
Rachel is a reporter, setup by non-other than someone out to hurt the Dragon Kings unknowingly.
Asher is sent to handle business and is thrown when he meets the one for him...
However is she the one for him?
I enjoy this author's writing and we get action, suspense and just the right amount of spicy.
I am slowly making my way th
Heather
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Asher is sent to Paris to the annual World Whiskey Conversation instead of Con. Rachel is sent in to investigate him and write an article revealing all of their secrets to the world. What neither of them suspects is that the moment they meet sparks fly and a fever rises between the two of them. When it is revealed that Ulrik sent Rachel, Asher is disappointed in yet another human, but he turns the tables on her and he reveals his past and in so doing wins her trust and loyalty. Of course, he the ...more
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Rachel is at the World Whiskey Summit in Paris to try and expose the Dragon Kings. Her target is Asher who was sent to the Summit to represent Dreagan. She is instantly attracted to Asher, and he to her. Asher eventually realizes the truth about her job and confronts her.

Their relationship was quick and steamy. Though a quick relationship they had some major issues to work through first. The truth about Dreagan and Ulrik. I liked Asher. He was super nice to everyone and made a great spokesman fo
Micheal
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This novella is #9.5 in the series, "Dark Kings" by author; Donna Grant. This novella (short story) picks up from #9 (Smoke and Fire). The series just keeps getting better and better. There's the HOT Scottish alpha male that's able to shift into his natural form as a Dragon! There's also plenty of romance, lots of action, suspense and the PLOT twist! The plot twist keeps the reader wanting to read the whole series because you absolutely have to know what's going to happen. I love how each novel/ ...more
Eileen
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Asher & Rachel Marek, journalist

Ulrick has enlisted Rachel to write a piece on the Dragon Kings and went after Asher for the information. He was at the Whisky Consortium in Paris representing Draegan. It didn’t go as plan when he found out who she was and who she was working for, Sam McDonald aka Ukrick.
Asher & Ukrick fought as dragons and things were said to put doubts in Asher’s head. New questions and allies are brought out. Who is Blossom Engel? Who are the men working for her? How did she
Diana
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Love a good fantasy

These Dark Kings books are entrancing and filled with action and adventure. At least the "f" word is kept to a minimum. Romance coupled with adventure is a bonus, But, two chapters of detailed sex is a bit over the top. I enjoy "fantasy" but these graphic descriptions are not even real taken as a whole . If that's your aim, well, you will enjoy this story.
The Dragon Kings and their history and trials are very enjoyable.
Lauren
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I hated Rachel at first. She’s an investigative reporter trying to out the dragon kings when she runs into Asher at the whiskey convention in Paris. I was annoyed that she kept saying there’s two sides to every story, but was so hypocritical.

She did redeem herself though!! After meeting and falling for Asher she realizes her mistakes. I loved Asher too - I know this was a novella, but he was so quick to forgive.
Konny
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Fever by Donna Grant is a Dark Kings Novella and part of 1001 Drak Nights Bundle 11.
Meet Rachel Marek. She´s a journalist out to expose the truth about the dragons and her world. Until she stumbles into Asher, he´s no ordinary dragon, no he´s the dragon king and sweeps her of her feet.
I really liked the story, the PNR creatures and the writing and give 4,5 stars. Thank you Donna Grant.
Michelle Graves
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ulrick is being a dick once again!! He's trying 2 kill innocent people just cause they may know a dragon king. How did he get more powers besides the normal powers? And they need 2 find out about that guy walking away since it wasn't ulrick. Thank God his powers came in handy when needed the most. What's the deal with Con that he talked about and blames him 4, etc.
Natasha du Plessis
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great inbetween story. I really enjoyed the first love scene, lots of detail. I wonder when will the Kings find out that there is not only Ulrik that is against them. Can't Kellan see the other Silver King?
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13; 1001 Dark Nights #19)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Born of Rage
  • Easy with You (Boudreaux #1.5; With Me in Seattle #8.5; 1001 Dark Nights #15)
  • Razr (Demonica Underworld #4; Demonica #15; 1001 Dark Nights #56)
  • The Warlock King (The Kings, #3)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • The Phantom King (The Kings, #2)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Easy For Keeps (Boudreaux #3.5; 1001 Dark Nights #41)
  • Hard to Serve (Blasphemy #0.5; Hard Ink #4.7)
  • The Unseelie King (The Kings, #6)
  • The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5)
  • The First Night (1001 Dark Nights #0.5)
  • Ensnared (Eternal Guardians Novella)
  • The Seelie King (The Kings #5)
  • Undead and Unwelcome (Undead, #8)
  • Undead and Undermined (Undead, #10)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)

News & Interviews

“Dreagan is Scotland," Asher said. "The land draws you in a way you can no' begin to understand. You feel the majesty and magic of the ancient land. From the tallest mountain to the lowest valley, in the leaves of the trees and in the currents of the streams, you feel an overwhelming and unshakable need to want to be a part of such a place. To want to belong.
It doesn't confine you. Instead, it cradles you, offering its beauty and solitude for those who answer its call. It's wild and free. It's fierce and unbreakable. It's home.”
3 likes
“He set his whisky tumbler on the table, but kept his fingers around it. "What do you see in my eyes?"...
"Tell me, lass," he urged softly.
She suddenly understood the term 'old soul,' because one sat before her now. And, as if opening a book, she caught a glimpse of Asher. The words then tumbled out of her mouth. "Endlessness. Sorrow. Agony. Distress. Rage.”
2 likes