Start by marking “The Prince Warriors (The Prince Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Prince Warriors (The Prince Warriors, #1)

The Prince Warriors

(The Prince Warriors #1)

They heard a loud crack, and then a tree right next to them split open, its edges glowing red like embers from a roaring fire.

"Lightning!" Xavier said. They dodged out of the way as a blackened tree began to topple over, crashing to the ground in a shower of sparks. Evan felt his courage evaporate. If this was a dream, it was getting way too scary: the deadly lightning,
Published April 27th 2016 by B&H Publishing Group

Start your review of The Prince Warriors (The Prince Warriors, #1)
Bookworm23
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!!!!!Even though Im not exactly a christian (yet but keep praying 4 me) it gave me time 2 think about my spirital life. But on the other hand i totally love, love, love, love with a capital L!!!!!!!! Thats how must i love this book and the only reason im reading it is becuz sum1 gave it to me as a gift even tho im almost 17 but i LLLOOOVVVEEE it any way.
Jeanie
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you come to Ahoratos, you must put on your armor quickly as possible. You cannot be here without it. You can always find it in the Cave, and you must enter the Cave through the Water; It is the only way in. Do you understand?...The world you live in day to day-that world is but a shadow of the Real World. This is the world where the battles rage, where your real enemy lies.

What a fun adventure to read with your kiddos. A read that together you can discover biblical truths that will
Tim Chavel
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me by the publisher to review. It is a book written for preteens/teens. It is written in a format similiar to <1>Chronicles of Narnia. The author, Priscilla Shirer is an exc ellen writer and speaker. She is well known for acting in the movie War Room, speaking at Woman rallies, speaking about prayer, and being Tony Evans daughter. I've have read a couple of her books on prayer and they are excellent. This book is no different. Even though it is written for ...more
Elizabeth Dragina
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh. My.

This book is a must read.

"Did that just happen?"

Ruwach..... *cloak moves back and forth in nod*

Me..... *tears of joy overflow* "Wow.... "

Ruwach..... *seems to smile*

Me ..... *goes to have a nice long chat with all the Warriors while hoping to be called to Ahoratos myself.*

EEEEEKKKKK!!! Wonderful book.... I can't wait to read the rest!!
Bethany Fehr
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book has a really cool premise, and there were a few things I liked about the story, but I felt it didn't quite deliver what it promised.

The fantasy world was pretty random and abstract: it was more of a romp through a malevolent Candyland than anything close to the Chronicles of Narnia. I actually thought the setting was pretty neat in it's own right, but if you're expecting Narnia, you might be disappointed. The kids' super-powered armor is cool, I'll say that much. And the story world
Libby
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, scribd, 2018
Excellent story filled with spiritual truth . It's directed toward middle school grade readers but it kept 56 year old woman's attention . While reading I kept thinking it would be a great book to read together as a family. There is enough action to capture reluctant readers imaginations. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series and recommending it to our Church librarian.
Bluerose's  Heart
There are parts of The Prince Warriors that I loved, and other parts not so much. That's pretty true of almost every allegorical type of story that I've ever read, though. I can even say the same for one of my most favorite authors of all time! There's just always theology that I disagree with hidden(sometimes not so much) within the story. This book was no exception. I didn't agree with every little thing that was implied, but I also loved so much of the examples shown out in "real life" ...more
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
The Prince Warriors opens with brothers Xavier and Evan being typical brothers, which means sibling rivalry on steroids. There is an age gap and personality difference in the two that makes them sometimes appear to be like oil and water. Their conflicts are an ongoing thing until one day they are mysteriously transported into the unseen world. There they must learn to not only work together but fight side-by-side using the armor that they have been equipped with.

This novel is a must read for
Erin
My 9 and 6 year old loved having me read this aloud to them. They begged for more chapters each night. I loved seeing the comparison to our real spiritual battle and making the connections for them. It led to great conversations with much depth about the battle they are in.
Patrick
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this out loud to my kids (ages 6, 8, and 9) and they loved it; from my perspective as an adult, it was very...mediocre. The author makes a noble attempt at shaping the story around Biblical imagery and does a fair enough job, though I've seen other books (like the short stories in Peter Leithart's "Wise Words") that accomplish this much more successfully. But overall, not too bad for a kids' book.
Ms. Yingling
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
One of my hard core fantasy readers loaned me this so I could enter a student recommendation on my bingo sheet. This was... interesting. Had an odd tone, so I investigated the "New York Times Best-Selling Author". Sure enough, an author of mainly adult nonfiction. It's a hard switch to make, so there was some awkward dialogue that didn't ring true. Not one I'll be purchasing for my library, but it was nice of my student to trust me with his copy!
Wendi Wanders
Really, I'd shave a fraction off the 3rd star if I could, but I soppose it depends on what you are looking for.

This is Christian fiction for boys, heavy with thinly veiled analogy. The message is that real life is spiritual warfare. Plenty more 1 for 1 direct correspondence messages. Prisoners in the enemy's dungeons are reminded 'once freed, always freed.' Armor includes a belt labeled truth that holds everything together. Mysterious instructions and warnings the kids receive are Bible verses.
Don
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Our son loved this book, but my wife and I were so glad when we finally finished it. The story itself was good, but it had a tendency to wander and ugh the grammar was horrible. Whom ever edited this book should get put in time out. This was supposedly the best Christian adventure book out there for young boys. What’s sad is that’s probably true when you only look at those few publishers. I hope the writing improves in the next book because we got him the entire series for Christmas and last ...more
Lauren
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this, I was so excited that Priscilla Shirer had written a fiction series...however, it fell a bit flat for me. I realize that it is written for kids and that may be part of my struggle, but as a general rule, I enjoy kids and YA books as much as anything else. The story line was repetitive and a tad over dramatic. It wasn't terrible, but I'm not inclined to finish the series.
Brad Bagley
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
My almost 9 year old boy loved it, and I enjoyed reading it to him. The writing was okay enough for me to enjoy the story and all of the symbolism, but it pales in comparison to the Narnian series by CS Lewis.
Clara Kuck
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-like
You know,over all the virtues to this book was the only thing I liked and thought was impacting.....everything else was just way to adolescent,the characters were not very strong and developed. I would recommend this book to 10-12 year olds.
Laura Cross
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved listening to this trilogy with my children! It was a great adventure and it kept all of us on our toes! My kiddos want more - and they are hoping and praying that Ms. Shirer will write more! The love and faithfulness of God shined throughout this exciting adventure! My littles (10 and 7) were very perceptive and made connections that I did not even make. We all really enjoyed these books!
Isaac
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s, fantasy
Really appreciate what this is trying to do, but the problem with trying to allegorically encapsulate spiritual truth in a story like this is that you need to be a good theologian and a good story-teller. The story-telling is probably ok for it's age bracket, but theologically it leaves plenty to be desired. It appears to be arminian, it's baptistic (which is ok if you're a baptist), but most importantly it's representations of both the Holy Spirit and Holy Scripture fall far short in my mind. I ...more
Ellen Rosenberger
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this book out loud to my son. He enjoyed it (but he loves to be read to in general). I found the story okay but not amazing. It doesn't compare to the Chronicles of Narnia but I get what the author is trying to do with personifying the spiritual realm for kids to understand. It had its moments and was definitely entertaining but I felt like it had a bunch of false climaxes and "tried a little too hard." Overall I felt it was worth our time but not one I would return to really.
Justin
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This story is slow and vague, I wondered several times just exactly what the characters were doing. I appreciated some biblical themes/allegories regarding spiritual warfare. I also think..... well maybe the story with these characters will pick up in the next books which I most likely will read. Nonetheless this book didn't capture my imagination like I hoped.
Charity Tinnin
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
With a flavor that somehow hints at C.S. Lewis, The Princess Bride, Inkheart, AND Brandon Sanderson, this middle grade trilogy opener surprised me.

It's a fantastical take on spiritual warfare that's direct without spoon-feeding explanations for every piece of the allegory. I'm definitely interested to see where Shirer and Detwiler take their warriors from here.
Kristy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. For all ages

I bought this for.my nephew after reading on my kindle. If is a good book for all ages and boys and girls. Easily relatable characters and great lessons entwined in great adventures. My 8 yr old daughter loved listening to the story
Max
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Prince Warriors (Volume 1) by Priscilla Shirer and Gina Detwiler is a very interesting novel. Readers may find that it is one of the best books they’ve read. I think people should read this book because it is funny and full of action.

To begin with, people should definitely read The Prince Warriors because it is very funny, which is a quality of books that everyone enjoys. First of all, on page 45, paragraph 7, the text states “‘Hey,’ Evan replied. ‘We’re in a cave, under a lake, with a
Kristy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's something about books that have illustrations in them throughout the chapters that make the whole book come more alive, even if the author (or authors) aren't too great with world-building in their book. Also, you can never be too old to read picture books :)

The Prince Warriors doesn't compare to the world of Narnia, but authors Priscilla Shirer and Gina Detwiler created a unique world that addressed kids' problems, and how to correct their wrong when they've made a mistake. The Prince
Angela Sangalang
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was excited by this when I saw it in my local Lifeway store and had high hopes because of the author. It's imaginative and allegorical. I liked the adventures the characters went on that tested their character and challenged them to stand firm in their faith even when it didn't make sense. BUT...and spoiler here...a parent came and saved them in a time of great danger. At least that's what I understood him to be (one of the parents of the children). The book was confusing in some parts because ...more
Alexandria Baker
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So far in The Prince Warriors series, I am loving it because it takes real life for Christians and puts it into a fictional other-worldly story.

This novel is told through multiple eyes Evan, Xavier, Levi, Manuel, Ivy, Brianna, and Mary Stanton, kids living in the same town but called into another world, the Unseen World, called Ahoratos as Prince Warriors.

Poneros is the enemy who desires to take Ahoratos from the Source. Rwuach gives the Prince warriors missions like rescuing prisoners from
AnnaScott
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet audiobook. It took a while to get into, but it was worth it in the end. It was a little abstract (I was expecting more The Chronicles of Narnia style and it reminded me more of A Wrinkle in Time) but the metaphors were excellent. My one complaint with moral allegories in general is that I feel like I spend the entire time telling the characters not to do something, yelling at them when they do it anyways, and then rolling my eyes at how little they listen. But it was a ...more
Diamond
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-read-to-noel
I had plans to read this to my 7 year old but he just had no intentions of sitting still to listen to this....so I carried on without him.

A pretty good book for the audience it is intended for but it was not for me...hence the 3 stars. I am sure a young boy would enjoy this however the characters just got on my nerves...I was not the intended audience.

This was not allegorical, it was not subtle, there was no eluding...this is a Christian book about the unseen spiritual realm. Such important
Elizabeth
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
One part Naria (current day travels to a fantasy land with lots of faith/life analogies) one part This Present Darkness (spiritual warfare descriptions) and one part tween novel.
It was a fun adventure with encouraging parts especially the bully section. Gloria did point out that it does not pass the Bechdel test (two named females who speak to each other about something other than a boy) which is disappointing as it is a female author but she has three sons.
Gloria got this series for Christmas
Jenna
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Prince Warriors was so incredibly good. I love the way the book gets you on the edge of your seat. It has action, adventure, and surprises. As you get into the book you meet the character's very strong personalities and get to know the way they automatically trust one another in the way best friends do. There are many cliff hangers and precise details. My favorite characters in the book are Xavier and his little brother Evan. My favorite starter friends are Brianna and Levi because of how ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kingdom's Dawn (Kingdom, #1)
  • Nightmare Academy (Veritas Project, #2)
  • Kingdom's Hope (Kingdom, #2)
  • Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #1)
  • On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga, #1)
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • Swipe (Swipe, #1)
  • The Door in the Dragon's Throat (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #1)
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
  • The Warden and the Wolf King (The Wingfeather Saga #4)
  • Cloak of the Light (Wars of the Realm, #1)
  • The Den of Forever Frost (Bears of the Ice #2)
  • Dreamtreaders (Dreamtreaders, #1)
  • Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress
  • The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2)
  • The Monster in the Hollows (The Wingfeather Saga, #3)
  • 24/6: A Prescription for a Healthier, Happier Life
  • Rise of the Fallen (Wars of the Realm, #2)

The Prince Warriors (4 books)
  • The Prince Warriors and the Unseen Invasion (The Prince Warriors, #2)
  • The Prince Warriors and the Swords of Rhema (The Prince Warriors, #3)
  • The Winter War
“There’s a sneaky, malicious enemy that you are always in a battle with—even now.” 1 likes
“That is why you must always follow the Way of the Armor, because sometimes your worst enemy . . . is yourself.” The” 1 likes