Start by marking “Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt, #1)

Getting Him Back

(Ethan & Wyatt #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  708 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews
An unexpected fresh start leads to an unlikely-but-absolutely-perfect pairing in this male/male new-adult novel from bestselling gay romance author K.A. Mitchell

Ethan may have followed his high school sweetheart to college only to get dumped his first day there, but he's not going to let that stop him from exploring all his new life has to offer. Sex-only hookups, his ph
Published February 15th 2016 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Getting Him Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Him Back

☆ Todd
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

I'm not gonna lie. There were several parts of this book that I should have truly hated and had me running for the hills, but, oddly enough, I didn't.
▶ Ethan begins the book by acting like a vapid high school girl, whose entire identity is wrapped up in dating a gorgeous, all-star soccer player. His self-worth relies solely upon being with Blake. Belonging to Blake.

▶ A year before the book begins, Blake leaves for college, then cheats on Ethan, but is quickly forgiven, with Ethan blowing it o
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

Ethan is excited to join his high school boyfriend at college, so he's blindsided when his boyfriend breaks up with him on day one. Heart broken, Ethan decides to get him back, and tries to get information from his ex's roommate to gain some insight. What Ethan doesn't expect is to start developing feelings of the sexual kind for Wyatt, the roommate.

I enjoyed this sweet MM romance book, but I didn't love. I found it hard to believe that after Ethan was so determined to get his boyfriend
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*2.5 stars*

I'm not a huge fan of the NA genre, but I figured it was K.A. Mitchell, and I read everything that she writes.

This book was sort of weird for me. For starters, though you don't know it at the start of this story, this book is insta-lovey, which irritates the crap out of me. That statement sounds confusing because when Ethan and Wyatt meet, it won't seem like instalove, but when you get towards the end you'll know what I mean. It also has Ethan sort of flip-flopping between Ethan and
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5 Stars!

I was in the mood for college romance when I picked this one up, not to mention it's been in my TBR pile for quite awhile.

And while I can't say I loved it, I did like it. I'm kind of torn whether to round up or down. It was definitely a 3.5 star read for me. Normally I round down if I skim and up if I don't and I didn't skim here. So.....

Yeah, it was definitely insta-love.

Yeah, there were times Ethan and Wyatt both annoyed me. Ethan's whole quirky, klutzy personality in the beginning
Tanu Gill
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Wondering what that sound is?

That's me floating around like Casper! LOL

I adored Ethan and Wyatt. What's not to adore about them? Ethan was cute, funny, way too obsessed with sex, and cute. (Did I mention it before? Well, he was!)
And Wyatt was mysterious, hot, sexy, funny, and smart.
Blake was an ass, and he portrayed perfectly how much of an ass he was!

The writing was perfect, not an extra word, not a missing word. The punctuation was perfect, too! There were a handful of typographi
Jaime
4.5 Stars Rounded Up to 5 because Wyatt and Ethan!! sigh!!

Getting Him Back is a new adult, male/male romance that tells the story of Ethan and his school and love life troubles as he makes the transition from high school graduate to college student. Ethan's longtime boyfriend Blake has been at college for a year and Ethan has decided he will follow Blake to Coborn College so they can be together as they begin their lives together. Since they have been apart for "three weeks, two days, five Hou
Meags
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Ethan arrives at college only to be dumped immediately by his long-time BF, Blake. Ethan is pretty shocked, to say the least. He thought they were solid, with a future planned out for the two of them that seemed like a done deal. Hell, Ethan even followed Blake to his preferred college, but now he’s suddenly at a bit of a loss as what to do next.

Opposed to what the misleading synopsis suggests, Ethan then decides to work to win Blake back. To do this he sets his sights on Blake’s cagey r
Elsa Bravante
Una novella YA-NA que aunque no aporta nada nuevo, tiene una pareja muy mona y me ha hecho pasar un rato muy muy agradable. Seguro que sigo con la serie.
Sara

Meeting Ethan as he is beyond excited and anxious to finally get to college and back to his boyfriend Blake was bittersweet. As the blurb states, Ethan gets dumped his first day on campus and it was painful. Blake St. Pierre… ugh. Whatever dude I'm ashamed you are a fellow ginger, but you do have one hell of an interesting roommate named Wyatt Reese so I will forget you exist now. Kay? Thanks.

As Ethan begins to navigate college life and that of a newly but not happy single boy, he makes a few fr
Susan
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

We can start with the big smile on my face.

It’s how I feel about KA Mitchell…writing a New Adult story…set in college. Yeah, these things alone make me happy.

Ok, let’s throw in the fact that the book, Getting Him Back, is sweet, and that the characters are interesting, and that there’s a promise of a book 2, and that it hit the spot.

*smile spreads and stays awhile*

Let me introduce you to Ethan, our lead character. He follows his high school boyfriend, the jock, to college. He has a fami
Vanessa North
I loved this.

This book was everything I adore about KA Mitchell's writing--off the charts sexual tension, flawed characters who make me root for them anyway, and an underlying sweetness that catches you in the most unexpected ways. I can't wait to read more Ethan and Wyatt.

Sandra
Ah, college-age. Being young and in love/lust, trying to figure out who you are, making new friends, losing and finding love.

I vaguely remember those times.

This book is told entirely from Ethan's POV, and Ethan carries this book. He's fun, funny, sarcastic, sometimes introspective, irreverent, kind, sweet, and a bit oblivious, but also insightful at times, and the voice he's given by the author perfectly fits his characterization.

Ethan gets to Coborn college as a freshman, having followed his
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-net-galley
3.5 stars and now i want book 2 dammit.
Arch Bala
The book begins with tall and gangly Ethan Monroe following his high school sweetheart Blake to college only to get dumped on his first day there.

Enter the mysterious Wyatt Reese. Blake’s roommate and possibly his straight roommate. Ethan’s intention upon approaching Wyatt was to get information on how to win Blake back. As he got to know the guy and their friendship deepens, Ethan thought it’s time to move forward from his ex and ventured into a new goal of making Wyatt believe that what they h
Tess
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This book was unexpectedly good!! I think they classify this as NA but it's NA on the funny and sweet side while still being very sexy (if you like your sexy to be about college age boys who are discovering new things!). It was a perfect example of what I like about first person POV because it was awesome being in Ethan's mind. Sure, he's funny and he's horny a lot of the time but what I loved most was the way he really sees Wyatt from the beginning.

You know what else I liked here? Nei
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

**copy provided by author/publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Ethan follows his boyfriend, Blake to a college
in a middle of nowhere town, only to be dumped as soon as he gets there. Along the way he meets Blake's roommate, Wyatt. Wyatt is awkward and quiet and also maybe a tad bit rude. Ethan forms a plan, he'll hire Wyatt as his Calculus tutor, and get him to help him get information on Blake so he can win him back. His plan backfires when he can't get Wyatt out of his hea
Les Joseph
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I saw that K.A. Mitchell was writing a New Adult novel, I might have flailed. A lot. NA is one of my faves and KA has always been in the top of my favorite authors so I was beyond excited. Getting Him Back was fabulous. I loved LOVED Ethan and Wyatt, together and separately. Their personalities, their mannerisms, the chemistry between the two. Great NA books have a certain vibe unique to them and KA nailed it. I can't wait for the next one!!

Full review to come on:

www.prettysassycool.com
Literati Literature Lovers
I am super selective when it comes to M/M romance novels so when I came across this one, it just called out to me. I absolutely love the new adult genre and the synopsis for this one was just right up alley. I am so glad that I took a chance. Getting Him Back has all of the elements that make new adult stories so entertaining. I loved the college setting, the premise of boy following boy to college only to have his heartbroken almost as soon as he gets there.

It was going to be me and Blake and o
Riina Y.T.
I had so much fun with this book it’s not even funny. Or maybe it is considering I almost bypassed it, based on the "so-so" blurb. I’d like to point out that the story reads a bit different than what you’d think you get, based on said blurb… in a good way.

The opening scene shows us Ethan and his parents saying their good-bye’s as he leaves for college. Wanting to surprise Blake, his boyfriend of two years, he arrives a day earlier than they had arranged and, stumbling across the brand new campu
MaDoReader
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Bastante mejor de lo que esperaba, un college muy mono.
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it

2.5 Stars

Getting Him Back by K.A. Mitchell kicks off with such promise. I loved the college shenanigans and setting. Ethan provides a cute and sassy guide through his new college life with all its ups and downs. But things moved too fast for me once Wyatt hit the page.

Wyatt is a tightly wrapped mystery from the get go. Everything is hidden-from his eyes to his heart! I couldn’t wait to peel away the layers. But unfortunately, Ethan and Wyatt skipped right over to the….(view spoiler)
Otterpuss
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow this was so much better than I expected it to be!
It's NA but it's sweet, funny and heavy on the sexy side NA.
I really liked Ethan and Wyatt and I loved that they were not all muscled up with perfect bronze skin. They weren't perfect specimens by any means, they were real and that made them all the more attractive to me.
I loved Ethan's voice and I especially adored Wyatt in all his social awkwardness.

It's kinda Insta-lovey and you have to take a leap to believe that Ethan goes fro
Amy
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
**3.5 stars**
Cee Brown
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
.•*)
(.• ★4.5 stars

What do you do when your world explodes with a few words?

Ethan Munroe got dumped, pure and simple. His high school boyfriend, star of the soccer team went off to college and had an epiphany. When Ethan finally joined him for his first year, Blake subtly told him he'd had a change of heart.

Then Wyatt happened...

Heartbroken, Ethan finds an unlikely source to gain access back to Blake. Unfortunately, Wyatt Reese, the odd guy with Heterochromia (two coloured eyes) and a patch of w
Santy
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2016, m-m
I really just wanted to rate this book and get going but I felt the need to say a few things about it.

I really liked Ethan a lot. Wyatt, not so much but I guess prickly people just aren't my type.

I understood the premise which led to the title of the book but I must say that premise ended about 20% into it. (view spoiler)
River
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I was going to give so much sh*t to this book but then I thought about it better and these are teenagers so I'll be more understanding.

Ethan is a little bit of an airhead, let's be honest here, he lives on his own little world and when someone tells him no, if he has other ideas well then he doesn't listen to that no, he's too self absorbed.

Wyatt I liked more but what was his deal? I don't know, I would have loved his POV!
He was so hostile and I kinda understood but at the same time I wanted mo
namericanwordcat
Hmm.

I like Wyatt a lot. I like the premise of following your boyfriend to college only to get dumped.
There is some college like stuff that is fun. I like the romance when it is happening. I enjoyed Ethan's coming into self awareness and growing up.

There is a lot of stuff that is just not great though. This is a three part series with the same couple. It would have been much better as one book. Also, while the college stuff is handled nicely the overall setting is generic. Ethan's ex is made t
Ezinwanyi
It was independence time for Ethan Zachary Monroe and he was as stoked as kid in the candy store. Ethan was moving out of his parents’ home and into his dorm room at Coburn College. Now he can be with the love of his life, Blake, and away from the prying eyes of their families.

Except the Blake broke up Ethan upon his arrival. But Ethan resolved to get his man back and he just needs a little inside information to figure out his obstacles. Who better than to feed him information than Blake’s room
Anita
Loved it!!! It's been a while since I read a K.A. Mitchell and I wonder why! I love her writing. Snarky, funny, sexy with incredible MCs and secondary characters. Very light and goofy! This is definitely an NA - Ethan is in college, having followed his boyfriend, Blake, to the same school he goes to. Ethan is this funny, sunny, albeit, self-absorbed air-headed dork who is head over heels in love with Blake. Things change a bit and Wyatt enters the picture. Now if Ethan was so in love with Blake ...more
  • Out of Bounds (Boundaries, #1)
  • Twofer
  • Love Me Tenor (Perfect Harmony, #2)
  • Short Stay (Love Lessons, #3.5)
  • Take the Long Way Home
  • Hard Candy (Bend or Break, #7)
  • Diamonds (Life According to Maps, #2)
  • Reckless Hope (Letting Go, #2)
  • Spark (North Star #1)
  • Exchange of Hearts
  • A Kind of Truth (A Kind of Stories, #1)
  • If Only in My Dreams
  • After School Activities
  • Maybe This Time (Belonging #2)
  • Pent Up
  • Blueberry Boys
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • Kieran & Drew
K.A. Mitchell discovered the magic of writing at an early age when she learned that a carefully crayoned note of apology sent to the kitchen in a toy truck would earn her a reprieve from banishment to her room. Her career as a spin-control artist was cut short when her family moved to a two-story house, and her trucks would not roll safely down the stairs. Around the same time, she decided that Ch ...more

Ethan & Wyatt (3 books)
  • Boyfriend Material (Ethan & Wyatt, #2)
  • Relationship Status (Ethan & Wyatt, #3)