Start by marking “Lila (Boyle Heights #1)” as Want to Read:
Lila (Boyle Heights #1)

Lila

(Boyle Heights #1)

When two unlikely paths cross . . . compatibility seems improbable.

Adrift in a foul-mouthed world of ass kicking to survive life on the tough streets of Boyle Heights, Lila is anything but a refined girlie girl. Fighting tooth and nail for those she loves has left her with a chip on her shoulder as big as the gloves on her fists.

After years of being surrounded by glamorous
Published January 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Lila, please sign up.
Elizabeth Reyes It is of one of my my other series. 5th Street but NO you don't HAVE to read the others. You might enjoy seeing some of the other characters from 5th…moreIt is of one of my my other series. 5th Street but NO you don't HAVE to read the others. You might enjoy seeing some of the other characters from 5th Street and even some of my others. But you don't need to have read them to be able to keep with the story. AT ALL. =) (less)

Alex ♈
DNF after chapter 6

Slut-shaming extraordinary.
She called all girls sluts and worse, and he, despite he had sex with those 'Barbies', supported her judgemental attitude.

Freaking hypocrites.

Bad and sad.
Claire Robinson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "Everyone has a weakness..." Stars!

My first foray into the writing of Elizabeth Reyes, with the first book in her new Boyle Heights series was a total success. I absolutely adored Lila and pretty much everyone that I met during its reading.

This isn’t an unknown author to me, in fact I have a large number of Elizabeth’s books from her 5Th Street & Moreno Brothers series sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read, but as many a good reader has said before me 'so many books, so little time…'
Erin
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a spin-off to her 5th street series, but you DO NOT have to read that one first to enjoy this book. I have only read the first of that series, and other than knowing more in depth about some of the secondary characters, I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Of course I like it when strong women are depicted in the books I read; however, sometimes those strong heroines come off as too strong for me. I was afraid to read this book because of this. In my mind: street fighter/boxer woman
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
3.7 "Elizabeth reyes's book are my guilty pleasure"stars

Elizabeth reyes and Linda chance writes exactly the type of Alphas i crave!

So! I am always kinda biased toward their books!

Although i enjoyed the book but i was still in my senses and knew the book was going through serious up and downs!

So! Yeah it was an ok book but because i love ott heroes i enjoyed :)

*sigh* john cusack was a cuttie for sure *giggles*

Btw i must mention sonny was'nt the best one i have ever read from E.R but yeah with Li
Adriana
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haven't read one of Elizabeth's books in a while but now I remember why I loved all her books so much I think a reread of them all is in order . Loved this book but I seriously cannot wait for beasts story !!!!
Lindy
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts:

I have been so excited to begin the Boyle Heights Series. I got to read a teaser at the end of a previous book by Elizabeth Reyes. The teaser reeled me in and hooked me, which left me dying for more! I have had the pleasure of reading every single book Ms. Reyes has written, and there have been a lot! Her stories never fail to make me obsess. I obsess over the characters, their friends, families, and acquaintances, and the challenges and hardships they each uniquely face.

The biggest
Bayli
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance-adult, arc
Received arc in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, this is my first Elizabeth Reyes book! Though, I do own a few of hers, I've never actually read one until now.

I have to tell you all, this will not be my last. I'm already looking forward to Ali and Beasts story coming out sometime this year. I love me a baddddd boy and Beast has bad written all over him.

Anyway, let's get to Lila.

Lila is bad asssssss.
Lila and her sister had a rough time of it growing up. Death of their family, foster
Kelly
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Lila is a kick butt girl! She has a temper and a mouth that is worse than her bite. She is a natural fighter as was her father.

Then she meets Sonny and her world changes. He gives her his middle name because she doesn't recognize this celebrity. He wants her to like him for him and not his money or fame. When the truth comes out. Lila is livid and with good reason.

What I liked about this story is how finding the right person can help you be a better one. Lila has her faults that could ruin her u
Ira
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
4.5 stars.

I love this one, the heroine is a hot temper boxer yay!!!
And the hero is so sweet:)

I read Ms. Reyes's books before but the last one around five years ago.
I like her books then and still love it now:)
Cynthia
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another win for this author with a story that will pull you in. Sonny and Lila have some major chemistry going on between them. Lila is a breath of fresh air that he has no trouble breathing in. Sonny just can’t take his eyes off her he is so drawn into everything about her. She is so different from any other women he has ever met. Lila is a strong woman with a heart of gold she is so kind but can be what she needs to be if anyone messes with those she cares for. No one but no one wants to be in ...more
DJ Sakata
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

Yeah, if you’re into nerdy little bookworms with glasses so think they could see into the future.

I don’t think I’d ever felt the profound happiness I fell from just one of your kisses… Happiness is not a strong enough word. It’s kind of scary what I’m feeling.

She was just defending herself. It’s what you’re supposed to do. Granted, breaking your hand in three places because you’re beating on someone that hard is maybe going a little overboard.

My Review:

Lila is my second time read
Courtney
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

Lila is the start of Elizabeth Reyes' newest series, Boyle Heights. For those of you who are new to Eli (gasp!!), she is an amazing NA/Adult romance author. I can always count on her to take me back to those times in life and relive them through her characters.

I was so excited for this book. Lila is a female boxer - YES!!! I love strong female heroines - not just physically, but also in her characteristics. And Lila has no shortage of her immense fierceness. She's extremely loyal to tho
Pam
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

I first found Elizabeth Reyes with the 5th Street Series, so when I found out she was doing a spin-off I was all over it. As will all of her other books, the characters were easy to connect with and she draws you into the story. The book is filled with complex issues, humor and adventure, there never seems to be a dull moment.

Lila has had to be strong not only for herself but for her little sister for so long now it has become second nature. Boxing has ne
Marcy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Lila and Sonny's book. I have been wanting his story since he had been introduced in previous books. He was a typical superstar athlete in some ways, in regards to his playboy reputation and lifestyle, but he was incredibly sweet and romantic with Lila. Lila was the most badass babe that I've ever read about. I loved her aggression and fierce protection of her sister, Allison. Their history in the foster care system was heartbreaking, and I could see becoming so close and prot ...more
Michelle
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for www.marysuedies.com

I’ve always enjoyed Elizabeth Reyes’ books. Her writing isn’t especially lyrical and she doesn’t have any seriously complex storylines, but Reyes always writes sweet romances with unusual characters. Her 5th Street series is set in the poorer and working class neighborhoods of Los Angeles, where her heroines and heroes are seldom the white college kids we are so used to reading about. Lila is the first in a 5th Street spin off series called Boyle Heights.

Lila is a
Susy Bustillos
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You did it again! Awesome book. I grew up in the projects in LA and was born in Boyle Heights so I was really excited to read this one.

But I am mad about that cliffhanger!!
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

Elizabeth Reyes was one of the first new adult authors I fell in love with. Her stories are filled with a diverse group of characters who are all mentally tough and willing to fight for what they believe in. I always appreciate the little connections she weaves in between her series, and the incredibly alpha males she creates.

Lila is a sports romance with a little romantic suspense woven in
Kat J
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is hard not to fall in love with Lila. She is honest, straightforward and calls it as she sees it.

At the start, when she runs into Sonny - he seems to dubious and almost could be a mafia person with the way he is portrayed... somewhat. The Journey that changes Lila is what makes it most lovable. To see her start from a hard-nosed street kid and how Sonny breaks down her walls slowly and surely.

This isn't my first Elizabeth Reyes book - I read a couple of books from her other series which I r
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
A new series by Elizabeth Reyes? Yes, please!!

I have been waiting for Lila to be released since the moment the author announced that she was writing a new series. My favorite series from Elizabeth Reyes is her 5th Street Series. Passionate and protective alpha males boxers fall hard for fun, confident and lovable heroines. I have been missing them since I turned the last page of Felix's book and I was happy dancing when I learned that their world would collide with the Boyle Heights Series.

This
Frances Hernandez
OMG

I love this book. So good I couldn't put it down. Elizabeth out did herself with this book. Sunny OMG I had a feeling I knew who he was and I was RIGHT!!! Lol. And Lila that girl is AWESOME. I'd so beat anyone who messes with my sisters and brothers. So can't wait to tell all my friends about this book.
Ariella
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Lila and Sonny story. I enjoyed hearing about 5th street gym. Lila is a badass and would do anything for her sister Ali. Sonny is a famous baseball player. When they first met she didn't know who he was. Sonny fell hard for Lila. I highly recommend this book!
Books Laid Bare
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ladies welcome to the creative magnificence that is Elizabeth Reyes, because if you haven’t read any of her previous works, this the start of her latest series is going to have you reaching for the one-click button to snap them all up,
Lila is book one in the Boyle Height series and it gets off the ground with a bang, this is nothing timid about this story just as there is nothing lightweight about Lila herself, she is the perfect heroine.
The author turned the heat up with Lila, because she is e
Bibi
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story

Lila has seen her share of hardship and her temper has always been out of control. She needs to find a healthier way to channel her anger but the channel that comes naturally to her is something she swore she would never do.

She is convinced that all men can not be trusted and they only want one thing. She meets Sonny is an unusual way and can't understand how this beautiful and sincere man could possibly be interested in her. Her guard is up because nothing is as good as it se
Kirke
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally Lila is here, and I’m so happy about it. When Elizabeth Reyes talked about the foul-mouthed, bad-tempered girl, I was curious what she had in store for us. Lila is definitely not afraid to fight, though nine times out of ten it is to protect her sister.

Lila is a great character, I loved seeing a woman who was a bit more edgy, cursed like a sailor, and wasn’t even afraid to get physical. Though when it comes to men, she is like every other female. She tries to keep her cool when she meets
Judy
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lila by Elizabeth Reyes
Boyle Heights Series Book One
Lila Rico has a big problem. Rage. Uncontrollable rage. As if that's not bad enough, she has the ability with her fists to do a lot of damage when the rage hits. A caring dean at her school suggests the one thing that can help her rage. The one thing she never wanted to be part of for personal reasons. The one thing that may help her stay out of trouble and be there for her sister, Ali. Boxing.

Sonny never thought he'd find the “right” girl. Som
Sarah Mannering
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series with fresh characters. It does feature characters from other series that this author has written but it is not essential to read them prior to starting this book as they feature as minor characters in this book.

The main character of Lila is an incredibly feisty character with an incredibly short fuse. She is very much governed by her temper and protectiveness of her younger sister. But through reading the story and getting to know her, you get a sense of ho
Shawnee is A Bookaholic
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YESSS YESS YESSS at the same time HOW can you leave me like that lol
I love that Lila wasn't our typical Heroin. she had so much attitude and was such a bad ass. Elizabeth Reyes you have to be one of the best authors witg series tgat crossover ever because I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT!! I loved seeing the 5th Street gang again and im SO excited we are getting more this year (hopefully like soon...I NEED more) especially after that ending woman. 5 stars. I love that you never disappoint! if you've never r
Virna
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed the majority of this author's work to date, and this was no exception. The story is a little slow moving. I have enjoyed seeing old characters in the story and meeting new ones.Sonny is such a down to earth person, even though he is rich, charming, hot, and is really interested in her. Lila is strong, silent, protective and she lucks out when she meets him. I enjoyed watching the story unfold between Sonny and Lila there are steamy moments and a bit of edginess in the read. I wish ...more
Youland Phillip-McGillivary
Lila!

Somehow I was expecting a bit more from this book. I thought I'd have a major book hangover but i didn't. The storyline and everything else was good, however I've come to expect great from this author. I loved the play on the main sisters names....Lila and Ali...Layla Ali. It was just an ok read for me.
Lauren Campbell
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think Eli could write a book I’d prefer more than my 5th St boys but she has done it! I loved Lila and Sonny’s story so much. Lila is sassy and wary of letting anyone close to her. Sonny is as sexy and awesome as ever. This book sucked me in from the beginning so much I read the whole book in one go. Looking forward to Beast and Ali’s story next in the series!!!
New Adult Book Club: #21/17 ~ Lila by Elizabeth Reyes 34 89 Mar 30, 2017 03:13PM
  • Small-Town Sweetheart (The Spring Grove, #2)
  • Across the Ring
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
  • Cherry Popper (The Reckless, #1)
  • Amber Sky
  • Porter (Lovibond, #3)
  • Three Rules
  • Ivan 2 (Her Russian Protector, #9)
  • Untitled (Rusk University, #5)
  • The End (CageVec Security, #3)
  • Office Mate
  • Southern Nights & Secrets (The Boys are Back in Town, #4)
  • Wild Heart (Viper's Heart, #2)
  • Dream Cuts
  • Weeping Willow
  • Blood (Evil Dead MC, #7)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • The Boss (Untamed Hearts, #5)
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate and Desert Heat romance series.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussions, trivia, Secret Santa and much much more!

Moreno Brothers:

F

Boyle Heights (4 books)
  • Beast (Boyle Heights, #2)
  • Nine (Boyle Heights, #3)
  • Orlando (Boyle Heights, #4)