Start by marking “The Girlfriend Request” as Want to Read:
The Girlfriend Request

The Girlfriend Request

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  536 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews

Updating best friend to girlfriend is more than a change of status...

Emma has been best friends with Eli since she moved to his neighborhood ten years ago. Tired of being cast in the role of the girl next door, Emma creates a fake Facebook profile in the hopes of starting an online friendship with Eli, which would hopefully lead to more. Like...way more. From friend requ

Published January 11th 2016 by Entangled: Crush

Norah Una Sumner
2,5 stars

First Entangled: Crush book that I didn’t really like.Not giving up on them,though.I liked both Emma and Eli and I liked them together. However,Eli’s crush on Emma goes from zero to 100% in a day,which was really weird.I thought that maybe he liked her but kept lying to himself but nope,this guy actually says how much he likes that Emma is just his friend and then in the next chapter he suddenly realizes how hot Emma is.

description

But,putting that aside,I really enjoyed reading this (even though t
Cody
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2016
The Girlfriend Request is all about best friends Emma and Eli, following their journey through high school and Emma’s mission to make Eli fall in love with her. While I admire Emma guts and determination for going after what she wants, her actual idea/plan isn’t the best. Emma decides to create a fake Facebook profile and obviously this profile is of an attractive girl called ‘Kelli’. Through Kelli, Emma continues to message Eli in the hopes of making Eli realize that they could be more than bes ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Fafa's Book Corner (Wordpress)
Fafa's Book Corner (Blogger)

Beware spoilers ahead!

I received this E-ARC via Netgalley and Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. When I saw this on Netgalley I didn't hesitate to request it. It sounded a bit silly and fun. Which is exactly what it is. I am happy to say that I enjoyed this!

This book is written in first person. With Emma and Eli's point of views. Which made the story interesting because we get to see how both of the characters thou
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

The Girlfriend Request was the type of book you want when you don't really want to think too hard. It's the kind of contemporary fiction that is a bit predictable, but also enjoyable to read. In this book, the main character, Emma, decides to create a fake Facebook profile, in order to get her best friend, and neighbour, Eli, to realise he wants to be more than friends. When Eli starts talking
Rahmi
I love the blurb and this book has a nice eye catching title. Sadly this book didn't work for me, it was just meh. I don't know just boring and whatev
Cynthia
View this review and more others on Let's Say It's a Blog.

*Digital ARC was received from publisher through Netgalley*

First Impression
Truthfully I was thrilled with the main idea of the story. A girl came up with a grand scheme to make the boy next door (which also her best-friend) see her in different light through the power of social media account. The blurb clearly screamed funny and light-hearted journey of love between longtime best-friends and I happened to crave some light and cutesy rom
Morris
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reviews
I tried really hard to like “The Girlfriend Request”. I really did.

At the heart of the book is a really cute story about falling in love with your best friend. The problem is that the story never quite gets going because it is cluttered with things that add nothing to the book. Many of the chapters and situations were repetitive and gave me the feeling of being stuck in a never-ending “Who’s On First” routine. On top of that, there is a subplot introduced near the end that would have made a good
Elaine
Rating 3.5/5
This is an enjoyable, quick read for when you’re not going to want to have to analyse or think too deeply about anything but just getting lost in the story. It tells how the relationship of a couple of teenagers who have been neighbours and best friends for years changes when one of them believes herself to be in love with the other. Emma creates a fake Facebook profile, complete with images, to try to get Eli to take notice of her fake self and ask her out . . . She also tries going
Christy LoveOfBooks

Okay, so here’s the thing. The Girlfriend Request is a book I need to step back from and look at objectively.

I love the fact that Emma and Eli were best friends since first grade, and now at the age of sixteen, they realize their feelings for each other have grown into something more. I was expecting something on the more fun side and full of crazy shenanigans. More comedic and cute, I guess. Ay ay ay, but is it ever a bumpy, drama-filled road they have to navigate in order to reach their HEA. T
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super sweet YA romance with many funny and embarrassing (for Emma and Eli) moments. If you've ever gone to great lengths to get the attention of your male bestie, then you'll love this dual POV story. It'll give you butterflies.
Escape into a Booksite
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I blew through this one. A quick and easy read.

A very interesting theory for a storyline. With so much of the world engrossed in social media these days, its a very relevant topic. The fact that Emma created an online profile to get her best friend to fall in love with her? Kind of far-fetched, but kind of believable at the same time. I'm sure there are people out there who go cat-fishing like that.

Really, she should've just
Stephanie
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I reject the premise of this book. Emma basically decides to catfish Eli with the end goal being Eli asking her out. Ummm, ok. There was also a kind of random love triangle thrown in towards the end of the book that was kind of pointless. All of Eli and Emma's friends existed for the sole purpose of advancing the Eli/Emma relationship. Despite all those problems, though, there were still several cute moments and I did like Emma and Eli together once they stopped being stupid. I liked their frien ...more
Deniz
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-16

I love Entangled Crush and have come to expect solid cute & fluffies from them. And The Girlfriend Request does deliver!

I enjoyed this falling for the best friend story and like that Andrefski showed that sometimes hiding behind the world wide web seems easier than actually talking straight to the person.
Naturally this brings a buttload of drama with it- because well, making a fake FB account, can never ever bring happiness after all...

I love Adrefski's writing style. It's straight
A Leisure Moment
description

The Girlfriend Request was about a girl getting that guy that she had been in love with since she moved in next door, a typical girl meets boy story that focused on the everyday issues of this particular teenager. While it’s good to have a bang at the climax of the story, having the incredibly realistic aspect of the book was refreshing and unique, in a strange way.

This is a refreshing tale about a shy girl going for the guy of her dreams, even if he’s only a few footsteps away.

To read the rest
Stacee
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was ok

I adore the BFF to more story line and even though there was going to be some deception, I was looking forward to a sweet, fluffy read.

Emma and Eli are adorable together. When they're not fighting and having the dumbest bouts of miscommunication. Even when things finally start to work out, there were still some issues. I did like Emma's friends {who tried to talk some sense into her} and her parents {who were supportive}.

Overall, it was a quick, sort of cute read. Sadly the characters
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I'd like to thank Entangled Crush for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

I've really been liking the books put out by Entangled Crush lately. They are sweet romances that touch on so many of the things teens face these days in real life. It's nice to watch them learn and figure out how to adult a bit.

I especially like books where there is a friends to lovers theme. So when I read the blu
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

I started this book at Lisbon airport, yesterday at 6 a.m., and finished it around 5 p.m., in my bed in Barcelona. I picked this one up because I was too tired to focus on Winter and I needed a fun and easy read for the trip day.

While this book was an enjoyable and fast read, it was by no means brilliant.

I enjoyed the writing well enough, the story flows well and I even liked how the author makes time passages within the same phrase.

My main problem though was with the plot
Haraiah Eve
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
I always love a good ‘bestfriends falling for each other’ story. So as soon as I received a copy of The Girlfriend Request, I couldn’t resist picking it up. And I am glad that out of all the books I started reading this month, I actually managed to finish one.

The Girlfriend Request is a book I’m sure teens can relate to. The awkwardness, the embarrassing and dreaded sex talk with your parents - in front of the guy you are crushing on! - is here. And when you have this best-kept secret of being i
Ally
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
NetGalley. Thanks for the copy.

I really hate lies, lies, and more lies. Well, at least, big lies that build upon even more lies. (White lies are a whole different story, and let's admit it. Some of them are necessary. For example, when my mother cooks, I have to say very polite things to an otherwise disgusting-looking lunch of some weird ingredient I can't name or even recognize anymore. Thank goodness, it doesn't happen so frequently as it used to.)

I have no idea where Emma has come up with th
Irene
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it

I was looking forward to reading The Girlfriend Request as I enjoy reading BFF to lovers storylines.
Unfortunately I found it hard to connect with the characters and the lack of communication created way too much unnecessary drama.

Thank you to Entangled - Crush via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Katie
I think I'm getting harsher on books now that I have less time to read. I was attracted to this book because of the "he actually knows it's her all along" promised in the description, but there was still a lot of lying and mistrust. And then more than one conflict was resolved way too quickly.
Tasha
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, my-ebooks
I received an advance reader’s copy from the publisher, Entangled: Crush, thank you!

As some of you know, I absolutely adore books by this publisher and wouldn’t hesitate to read them. For the record this is the first Entangled: Crush book that has left me disappointed and received a lower than 4 stars rating.

Firstly, the plot. The whole idea of creating a fake profile to woo your best friend seemed problematic. Personally, I would never have done it but that’s the point of reading right? To “do”
Ari
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Original Review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 stars!

Emma and Eli have been best friends for years. But now, Emma no longer wishes to be just to be seen as the girl-next-door. No, she wants more and she is willing do whatever it takes to get Eli’s attention, including creating a fake Facebook profile, which may end up doing more harm than good.

This book is told from Emma’s POV with dashes of Eli’s POV here and there. Althoug
Nicole
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
The Girlfriend Request!!! First things first: I received an ARC through NetGalley.
The book comes out january 11th and you should totally check it out.

I have so confusing feeling about this book. I'm not sure how to rate it.I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.I don't see myself reading it again but I stll kinda enjoyed it.This is weird!!!!

This is super spoilery, so be aware of that!!!

So, this book is about Eli and Emma. They are best friends since childhood. Emma has a crush on him bu
Michelle
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**The Girlfriend Request by Jodie Andrefski is a really cute young adult standalone that will take you by surprise. When I first started reading, I thought this was going to be a catfish type story. (You know, that show on MTV where people "meet" people online, that end up not being who they said they were. Shocker...) But it totally is not that kind of story at all. I loved the way Jodie Andrefski morphed The Girlfrien ...more
Jen
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

There's an air of familiarity to the story--the occasional bullying, feelings of insecurity, teens going about their problems the wrong way, etc.--but it did have things that were new, at least to me. The fake Facebook profile certainly wasn't a stroke of genius, but it is what presents the possibility of Emma and Eli becoming more than friends. As best friend
Kristine
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...
** I received an advanced readers copy from Entangled: Crush via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

Let me start off by saying that I really like a friends first storyline so I was hopeful that this book would give me the fix I was looking for. I wasn't sure how the whole social media aspect would play out, it sounded quite manipulative, but interesting all the same.

The fake facebook profile and therefor
Inah (The Bibliophile Confessions)
Sometimes I get those days wherein I couldn’t do anything productive. Having read Illuminae, I was stuck in a reading slump so while I was stuck in traffic on my way to Uni, I decided to read this book and I was really hooked. I finished it on the bus, yep while it was moving. Haha!

I simply adore bestfriend romances so when I heard about this book, I immediately signed up for an ARC! This book is really enjoyable, light and full of fluff!

The characters were adorable, sweet and easy to relate wit
Rachel Geiger
I'm not going to lie, this book definitely has a plot that does seem a little far fetched. However, this generation has resulted to hiding behind a computer in order to express their feelings instead of actually communicating face-to-face with that person. So in the end, I do think that this is a cute and fluffy read that shows some of the awkwardness that comes from high school relationships and just being a teenager in general. I've never found a book from Entangled Crush that I actually DISLI ...more
Lyn  Ching