Start by marking “Holiday Kisses (Sweetbriar Cove, #5)” as Want to Read:
Holiday Kisses (Sweetbriar Cove, #5)

Holiday Kisses

(Sweetbriar Cove #5)

An alternate cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

Enjoy another charming, romantic holiday story from New York Times bestselling author, Melody Grace!

Hot British director Dash Everett needs inspiration - and fast. He’s hoping that a Christmas vacation in Sweetbriar Cove will give him everything he needs to break his writer’s block: a deserted cabin, his laptop,
Published December 2nd 2015 by Melody Grace Books

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Kisses

Start your review of Holiday Kisses (Sweetbriar Cove, #5)
Cyndi
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
The magic of Christmas brings a whirlwind romance. She falls into his arms (shaky ladder) and he catches the muse he’s needed to break through his writers block.
Cute romance but you have to look past the insta love to enjoy it. 😊
Rejane
Dec 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring
It’s a short book that tested my short patience. For me, the female mc can make or break the book. There’s a fine line between sassy and rude, strong and..rude. You own a business (an inn in this book) and you treat your guests poorly because you feel an instant attraction to him and he brings unpleasant memories of a past (this word sounds funny here given she's 22 lol) when you were a naive 18 years old. Lame. If that summer puppy love affected you to the point to traumatize you, go seek couns ...more
Bethany
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was another sweet and steamy holiday read by Melody Grace. Holiday Kisses is the third Christmas themed book I’ve read by Melody and she didn’t disappoint. She does a great job of bring these characters to life but yet keeping the story short and sweet, just how I like my holiday books.

Holiday Kisses takes place in a small New England town called Sweetbriar Cove that loves Christmas; they love it so much they have their very own Christmas festival that brings in a ton of tourist. The sweet
Amy
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I first heard about this book, I was so excited. I loved Melody Grace and her flawless writing style. So, when this lovely little novella showed up on my kindle, I could not wait to dive in.

Holiday Kisses follows the story of Dash and Ellie. Dash blows into town looking for some inspiration that will hopefully help with his writers block. However, once he gets into town and lays eyes on Ellie, he quickly discovers that maybe isolation isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. Ellie loves living in
Maree Repa
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Coping with Christmas

I was absolutely thrilled to now receive book five ofSweetbriar Cove. I have so enjoyed every wonderful book of this magnificent series so far. Written book by on if my most favourite writers, Melody Grace. One of the sweetest most beautiful, romantic Christmas tales. I so loved it dearly!

Only just a few days before Christmas Eve poor Ellie Lucas was confronted with atrocious conditions with waste water from the sewer. Her guests who were originally stayin
Diana Parker
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute, fast read! Puts me in the holiday spirit in the middle of May!
Kim
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dash Everett was introduced as one of Blake Callahan's friends in Unwritten, but you absolutely do not need to read it in order to enjoy Holiday Kisses.

Dash is months overdue delivering his next script to the Hollywood studio and he has a mean case of writer's block, so he decides to book a holiday getaway in a small Cape Cod town in the hopes that the change of scenery and some peace and quiet will provide the inspiration he so badly needs.

Ellie Lucas never expected to be swept off her feet - l
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Holiday Kisses was another great, fun Christmas read. I just loved reading about the Sweetbriar Cove Christmas fun!

Ellie is stuck running her families hotel for the holiday season, one of the busiest times of year in Sweetbriar Cove. She dreams of traveling the world and experiencing something different. She just wants to get out and do something new as she has never gone anywhere. She has a rule - no getting involved with tourists. It will onl
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Another Christmas, another Festival at Sweetbriar Cove. Ellie is minding the inn for her parents so they can take a much needed vacation. Not that she has anywhere to go or be... let's face it, she was born here and has spent all her 21 years stuck in this town. Her hope - to finally have enough money saved to spread her wings and travel so she can see the world beyond Sweetbriar.

This is a great holiday story. Into Ellie's humdrum life walks in Dash. Just like his name says, this man comes from
Stacy Hahn
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Kisses was a quick and delightful read. Nothing is sweeter than a Christmas love story. You will fall in love with Dash and Ellie!

This story takes place in Sweetbriar Cove, New England just before Christmas. Ellie is left to take care of her family's business, the Sweetbriar Inn, while the rest of her family is away. The last thing she wanted or expected was to literally fall into the arms of the hot screenwriter who was coming to stay at the Inn. Ellie has been hurt in her past. Men onl
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

A sweet Christmas short from Melody Grace as soon as I started reading that was it I couldn't stop until I got to the end.
Ellie is looking after her families lodge the Sweetbriar Inn over the Christmas holidays. She loves her family, the lodge and the town she lives in but has dreams of spreading her wings.
Dash is a film director suffering from writers block he's decided to spend a week at the lodg
Deanna Sauer
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute, sweet, heartwarming story with fun characters! As always I couldn't put it down, and read this novella in one evening. The characters are so adorable and fun. The storyline was great and the writing style is as amazing as always. I forgot I was even reading a novella. The romance and steaminess were an excellent balance.

If you haven't checked out anything by Melody Grace, this novella is a perfect starter. Her writing style is superb and draws you in, creating entire scenes and town
Lacey Black
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't fall in love with a sweet holiday novella? And Melody Grace is a pro at writing sweet and steamy reads! Dash is running to solitude for the holidays. What he isn't expecting is running straight into Ellie. Their chemistry is undeniable and instant. They both fight it, but the truth is there. But there's a secret front and center and when it's exposed, they panic. Is their budding romance strong enough to withstand betrayal?

A quick read perfect for those who love holiday romance. I lo
Alisa
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Let me start off with saying I am a HUGE fan of Melody's!!!! Her books never dissapoint. Holiday Kisses was the perfect short story for the holidays. I was hooked from the beginning! Having met Dash in Unwritten, I had hoped he would get his own story. Ellie is such a sweet and genuine person. When the two of them came together you could see the chemistry between them. I really enjoyed their story, the cabins, snow, and everything Christmas!!!
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always love Melody's stories......they are very sweet and romantic. I mean who would not fall in love with a setting of a small town with charm, and Christmas festivities and love just wafting in the air. It also does not hurt that Dash has an accent.....I mean there is never a down side to a hot sexy man with an accent. Ellie is small town girl to a tee. She dreams big and plays it's safe, until she meets Dash that is. I simply loved this story and I hated to see it end. Must read :) ...more
Misti Sonntag
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this read!
This one is a cuddle on the couch with a fire going kinda book. I want to know if this town is real, because I want to go today. It sounds amazing there. But Melody always seems to come up with the most amazing places to read about. You also get a little peak of old characters too. But this is a standalone. So good.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Melody Grace has outdone herself yet again. Holiday Kisses is a quick, sweet, and romantic holiday read that is well-written with a wonderful story-line and amazing characters.
Krista
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Edit please!

Great story, a little fast, but it was a novella.

Still...BAD EDITING!! It took me right out of the story. Please edit this and then send out an update!
Pam
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Kisses: Sweetbriar Cove Book 5 is by Melody Grace. This book is a very quick read. It is great for holiday reading. Although it is predictable, how she gets you to the end is what is fascinating. This novella was the first of the series that was written. With some rewriting, it takes its place among the other chapters very well.
Ellie Lucas is running Sweetbriar Inn on her own for the holidays. Her parents were on a cruise and her sister was in New York City with friends. It wasn’t that
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Romance Is Ageless

In a short, Christmas-y romance we meet Ellie who we’ve heard mention of by her accounting genius for many of the town’s businesses and from her family’s inn where she also works. In Holiday Kisses, everyone has gone their separate ways for this Christmas leaving Ellie holding down the fort at the inn during Sweetbriar Cove’s famous Christmas celebrations. One of the guests, Dash, is a director/screenwriter who has lost his magic touch with the written word and is
Fer Cárdenas
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
ENGLISH AND SPANISH REVIEW
Dash is looking for inspiration
Ellie has always wanted to leave her small town.
This book has holiday spirit, and that instant love type of thing. It was a really short happy story, everything happens in a few days.
Ellie works in her family inn, her whole family left for the season, so she is left alone to manage it, & thats where she meets Dash, a Hollywood script writer.
2📚/5📚
*no esta en español*
Dash esta en busca de inspiración
Ellie sueña con dejar el pequeño pueblo d
Ines
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet and funny read. Basically what I expected after the other books in the series. Sadly it was quite short, but that was known before I started..

It was quite the funny coincident that I had juat read another book (completely unrelated) with the same moviescript-plottwist.

Only thing that kinda annoyed me were some grammar-mistakes. The story is writen as a 3rd-pers narrator but more than once there was a "my lips/ mine" blabla.. / "he make". Thats just a little sad because it takes
Tasha Pitre
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This would have easily been a 4 star but this desperately needs more editing. I found several grammar and spelling mistakes each chapter which really takes away from a good story.

This is a fluffy, sweet, predictable and steamy read. It’s very short and can be read in one sitting. I did enjoy the characters and the overall story but like I said the editing mistakes were a major turn-off.
Ness
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Google Books - 3.5 stars

Ellie - Sassy, works at a family owned small town inn
Dash - British, Script writer / Director

Another christmas story. Lucky I was still in the holiday mood! Dash, experiencing writer's block is in search of a muse. Enter Ellie. They have good banter, attraction (naturally), and drama. Enjoyable read.
Marika Chunyk
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: sweetbriar-cove
Short romance story and not my favorite of the sweet briar cove series. Ellie falls in love fast with a film writer and director Dash and then gets upset when he wants to base a character on her. I just didn’t think the arguments or love story was that captivating in this story, but it may be due to that fact that it was too short.
Muriel
Dec 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Did anyone edit this book? When the male lead arrived at the inn, his cabin was described as being 15 square feet, with a bathroom, bed, and desk. Think about that. Don’t even get me started on the grammar errors.
Rhyann  Dines-Lucas
Dec 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this story, beautiful setting, endearing characters
BUT there were so many mistakes, wrong spelling of words that completely changed the sentence, wrong tense of words that made no sense. Really affected the reading flow of the book
Mandi Morgan
Feb 23, 2021 rated it liked it
I am normally a huge fan of Melody Grace. This book just wasn’t up to par for me. The story was cutie and a very superficial way. And they had a happy ending, I just didn’t feel The story had enough in it.
Veronica Mostel
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

What a great holiday story. They were attracted to each other. She had boundaries. But gave in. They were perfect for each other. Great book
Cheryl
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

Really enjoyed the story of Dash & Ellie. Sweet love story and learning to find your priorities and fulfill dreams.

• Eggnog and Candy Canes (Blueberry Springs, #3)
  • Sweet Holiday Surprise (Indigo Bay #6.2)
  • 'Twas the Kiss Before Christmas (Christmas Mountain, #4)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
  • Special Delivery
  • Christmas, Alabama (Alabama, #4)
  • A Christmas Homecoming (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #5)
  • When You Kiss Me (Maine Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #21)
  • Let It Be (Butler, Vermont #6)
  • Lovers at Heart, Reimagined (Love in Bloom, #4: The Bradens, #1)
  • Blackout After Dark (Gansett Island, #21)
  • Friendship on Fire (Love in Bloom, #6; Love in Bloom: The Bradens, #3; The Bradens at Weston, CO, #3)
  • Destined for Love (The Bradens at Weston, CO, #2; The Bradens, #2; Love in Bloom, #5)
  • A Real Cowboy for Christmas (Wyoming Rebels, #6)
  • Bayside Desires (Bayside Summers, #1)
  • How Much I Care (Miami Nights, #2)
  • Promises to Keep (Ludzecky Sisters; Lean on Me, #1)
  • Seaside Serenade (Seaside Summers Book 9)
NYT bestselling author of small-town romance. A new chapter in the Sweetbriar Cove series begins with Two Hearts - July 30th!

Sweetbriar Cove (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Meant to Be (Sweetbriar Cove, #1)
  • All for You (Sweetbriar Cove, #2)
  • The Only One (Sweetbriar Cove, #3)
  • I'm Yours (Sweetbriar Cove, #4)
  • No Ordinary Love (Sweetbriar Cove, #6)
  • Wildest Dreams (Sweetbriar Cove, #7)
  • This Kiss (Sweetbriar Cove, #8)
  • Always Be Mine (Sweetbriar Cove, #9)
  • Two Hearts (Sweetbriar Cove, #10)
  • The Story of Us (Sweetbriar Cove, #11)

News & Interviews

When it comes to the romance genre, second books can be a bit like second dates, can't they? You've had that great initial meet-cute with...