Start by marking “A Pirate's Revenge (Secrets of the Bayous, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Pirate's Revenge (Secrets of the Bayous, #3)

A Pirate's Revenge

(Secrets of the Bayous #3)

Rayna de La Roche once lived a privileged life of a Spanish royal until her brother dragged her to America. In order to return to Spain, she must find a hidden treasure somewhere in New Orleans. She pairs up with a rugged American mercenary, whose mere touch unleashes her deepest desire.

Captain Zachary Nash has been accused of a murder he did not commit. On the run, he’s h
ebook
Published January 25th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Historical)

To ask other readers questions about A Pirate's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pirate's Revenge

Sybil aka Lala
Rayna is used to living in the lap of luxury and being exalted like royalty in Spain, but banished by her brother her only hope of returning to the life she’s used to, she must first go to America and find a treasure hidden somewhere in New Orleans. Zachary was once a respected captain in the military but after being falsely accused of murder, he’s now on the run while trying to clear his name. The two meet when Rayna’s brother hires Zach to keep an eye on Rayna as she goes about completing her ...more
Vero Stro
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Meg Hennesy and I enjoyed reading her.
Rayna leads a very spoiled life in Spain until her brother drags her to New Orleans to find a hidden treasure as a condition to being able to return home.
Zach didn't commit the rime he is accused of. He is hired to protect her

Great historical romance. The characters are great together.Highly entertaining,
Heidi
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
A very interesting read i enjoyed the story line as well as the characters and the exciting momentum of the book. its well written and has great romance too it, i enjoyed this book.
Fizza
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This a historical fiction. The story revolves around a Spanish royal and an American outlaw, accused of murder. Zach is on the run when he meets Rayna father. First he worked for him and now he is working for her brother. His task is simple, he has to protect Rayna as long as she is in New Orleans. Or so he thought but the very first day she is attacked by thieves who are after something. After saving her life Zach thinks he deserves a few answers but Rayna is very secretive about her visit to N ...more
A Klue
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having not read the preceding books in this series, I can attest the author did a good job of adding enough details for readers, such as myself, to still get the gist of the past and present happenings of A Pirate’s Revenge. With that said, there was certainly a lot going on in this multi-prong storyline. #1 Rayna attempting to find the treasure so she could return to Spain, #2 Captain Zachary Nash trying to clear his name after being falsely accused of murder/being a spy by Alex Clarke, #3 The ...more
Brigitte
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a historical romance, taking place in New Orleans. Although it can be read as a standalone, I would have liked to have read the previous books. Having said that, there are enough clues as to how the story gets to Zach's and Rayna's journey.

Rayna is from Spanish Royalty. Having crossed her brother, he decides to send her on her own to New Orleans to retrieve some lost treasure. She is desperate to return to her beloved Spain and the only way she can do that is to succeed on this mission.
Amy Alvis
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the Secrets of the Bayous series.

After kidnapping her brother's son, he wants revenge. Even though everything turned out in the end, Rayna de La Roche knew that her brother would not forget what she had done. Sending her to hunt down a hidden treasure, Rayna believes that she is all on her own in new Orleans. She doesn't know that her brother has arranged for a bodyguard.

Captain Zachary Nash owes his freedom to the de La Roche family, so when Rayna's brother asks him to follow
Denise Van plew
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Alas I have chosen another novel that seems to be part of a series. The good part though is were it is set because it is one of my favorite places to have as a setting regardless of the time zone. It probably would of been better if I had read the two before but this was still a good one for me. I do so enjoy a good pirate tale but in this one he is after revenge with his sister getting the brunt of it. In order to get what she wants she must first do what her brother wants. Ah siblings they mak ...more
Petula
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rayna de la Roche has been sent on a treasure hunt by her brother. If she finds it she can go home to Spain. He is punishing her for something she did to upset him. So now the arrogant Spanish princess is alone in New Orleans, a dangerous place for a woman on her own.
Zachary Nash is wanted for murder and treason against America, but is in the employ of Rayna's brother, Prince Donato. He has told him to protect his sister, but not to let her know he is working for him.
The treasure hunt is a lot
Linda
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'd not realized this book is part of a series & had not read the preceding ones. Not having read this author before I wasn't sure what to expect either.

I found the story slow. I put it down because I was having a hard time getting through it & came back a few weeks later but still found that I couldn't finish it. I got to about 100pgs or so (it's 250pgs) & couldn't get into it. Felt like it wasn't going anywhere & I didn't connect to either the hero or heroine.

Perhaps the previo
Kristin Bayer
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another winner. I’ve loved all the books in this series. In this, the third one, Rayna is minor Spanish royalty, and Zach is an American sailor turned criminal on the run. They, and apparently everyone else in the New Orleans underworld, are after a set of mysterious maps which, if anyone can figure them out, will lead to treasure, which everyone wants. The plot is wonderfully intricate, as characters double- and triple-cross each other.

The setting is steamy and intriguing. The hero is brave and
Debs
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books, netgalley
This is my first book that I have read by Meg Hennessy and I enjoyed it very much. Although I have not read any other book in the series, there was enough information in this book that I did not feel as if I had missed anything. Rayna is a feisty Spanish Royal that will keep Zach on his toes while they both have different agendas. I look forward to reading the others in the series. A romantic historical drama that will keep you reading well past lights out. I want to thank Entangled Publishing a ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
This is a way different Historical Romance book than you normally see..and it was nice to have a change. Our heroine, Rayna de La Roche is Spanish royalty and also somewhat more experience that the usually Historical Heroines. Rayna has been take by her brother to America with task to find a treasure that will ensure that she can return to Spain. Our hero, Captain Zachary Nash has been hired unknown to Rayna to watch his sister. Zachary also has trouble from his past where he has been falsely ac ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Brittany
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this from Netgalley/ Entangled in exchange for an honest review. This was apparently was book 3 in a series but it did not matter to me. I was able to follow the story well enough. The story was just slow starting. It took a very long time for me to get into. It ended well enough but I did not love it. A princess is given a task to find a treasure all alone. Her bodyguard is not supposed to tell her that he was sent by her brother. I wanted more from the storyline. It was too slow for ...more
Betsy Norman
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An excellent wrap-up to a brilliant and feisty trilogy! If you haven't read the first two from the Secrets of the Bayou series, I highly recommend snatching them up and starting from the beginning. Rayna is by far my favorite heroine out of the three books, however my heart still belongs to Donato from A Pirate's Command! (That's not to say I'd toss Captain Zach out, though. :) ) Ms. Hennessy certainly knows how to write sexy heroes!
Tammy
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rayna’s brother has dragged her from her privileged life in Spain to New Orleans, now she must find a hidden treasure there if she hopes to return home. Zach, is on the run for a murder he did not commit and is hire to protect Rayna. While they team up to hunt down the treasure, their chemistry sizzles. Great historical romance, plenty of drama and suspense and the chemistry between Rayna and Zach is sizzling. Loved it!
Barbara M. Britton
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a ride! The tension between Rayna and Zach in this historical romance drives the story and relationship forward. This installment of Secrets of the Bayou wraps up mysteries left unsolved in the previous two books. The adventure and treasure hunt make for an exciting read. Not to mention the sizzle between the princess and her knight.
Jody Allred
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Other book great book ...if you like pirates treasure hunt bad guys and a lot of romance with hot guy and a. Princess ...read this book loved it keg never disappoints always writes great books
Sherry Teed
Gail
Jerilynn
Sonal
Jan 25, 2016

Secrets of the Bayous (3 books)
  • Dark Secrets, Deep Bayous (Secrets of the Bayous, #1)
  • A Pirate's Command (Secrets of the Bayous, #2)
“It seems you want me at your mercy, Princess. The question is why?
No, the question is, do I?”
0 likes
“It seems you want me at your mercy, Princess. Question is, why?
No, she whispered, question is do I?”
0 likes