Start by marking “Wrapped Up In You (Mystic Island #1)” as Want to Read:
Wrapped Up In You (Mystic Island #1)

Wrapped Up In You

(Mystic Island #1)

New York Times bestselling author, Stephanie Rowe, unveils her heartwarming new Mystic Island series, where love always finds a way in this enchanting coastal Maine community. In Wrapped Up In You, can a moonlight kiss from twelve years ago heal two hearts that no longer believe in love?

Haunted by his tragic past, Cole Charbonneau has returned to Mystic Island to sever th
Published November 30th 2015 by SBD Press

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped Up In You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped Up In You

Joan
DNF at the start of Chapter 3.
The writing is overblown, pretentious and ... euw.

This from Chapter 1:
Denial roared through him, a repudiation of her withdrawal. FFS, all she's done is not tell him her real name! They are on the deck of a ferry in a snowstorm and she'd made it clear she wanted to be alone so why can't he accept that?

And then I read this: (chapter 3) He could feel her breasts pressed against his chest, a wildly erotic sensation with the wind whipping round then and the ferry try
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Cole grew up in a close-knit coastal island community. His parents ran an inn. He had some things happen (that he blamed on his mom/the Inn) and left the community. Having done very well for himself, he comes back with the goal of selling the inn and leaving for good.
Willow spend some summers on the island. She remembers being happy. There was one summer when she was 15 that she spent a night just talking (and got her first kiss) with one of the island boys (Cole). After she had a Bad Thing hap
Margaret
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet romance with lots of emotions to make you laugh and cry. Cole and Willow met as kids and now fate has bought them back together when they both need a miracle. It is set at Christmas in a small community where every knows and cares about everyone else and it has a lovely feel to the story. Cole and Willow reconnect and help each other find the joy that is missing from their lives.
Miranda M. Beck
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped Up In You by Stephanie Rowe

Full of life's truth. Very down to earth and lots of lessons to be learned. Kept my interests throughout the whole story.
K.M. Lowe
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good!

This was the first book that I've read by this author and it won't be the last. I'm a sucker for Christmas books and the cover of this book hooked me in instantly. I love Cole and Willow from page one. Their stories were touching, and they were made for one another. It was a beautiful story and I'm glad it worked out for them.

P.S - I wish Mystic island was real, because it sounds perfect for Christmas. I'd book up repeatedly as well.

I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Michelle
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
An okay read.

Fluffy, with not very much substance. I don't particularly care for instant love and no one talks to each other like they did.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped up In You by Stephanie Rowe
A fantastic romance with depth and emotions that made me smile, laugh and cry. I really liked the hero and his instant recognition and attraction although he is not sure why. This made me fall in love a bit myself.

Cole Charbonneau returns to Mystic Island, Maine to sell his family legacy. It's time to let it go and get on with life. On the weekly ferry he sees a woman go out on deck into the frigid cold weather. Admiring her ambition to get away from the crowds
Lisa Rodrigo
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped Up In You by Stephanie Rowe is a must read modern romance! It is the perfect read for the holiday season. The story line is great. I love that they first met when they were in their teens, then life pulled them apart, and now to meet again as adults. The story made me laugh, and cry; it pulled me in and I felt as though I knew Cole and Willow. The story takes place during the Christmas season, which makes it feel a bit more magical. I highly recommend this story!
Amber
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! What a beautiful and classic romance story with a Christmas theme beautifully woven in. Two people who have been hurt by those closest to them and have constructed walls to keep people from getting close find each other, fall in love and help each other heel the hurt in their hearts. Oh how Stephanie Rowe can tell tell a tale...
Crystal
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Smooth writing and a good story, but not quite the intensity I guess you would call it that I've come to expect from Rowe's books. Some great lines, good plot line and moral. Good characters. The only question/complaint I have is no protection? You'll understand the question if you've read the book.
Nichola Kinsella
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
what a beautiful love story for this time of year. even made me the most cynical person where love is concerned think that love is just around the corner. my only fault was it was over too soon :( could have read on and on as is usual with Stephanie's stories
Ndulgent Bloggers
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review on our site... http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs....
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Wrapped Up in You was a sweet Christmas read. Willow is returning to Mystic Island for the holidays in the hopes of finding the same feeling she got the last time she was there when she was younger. She always thinks of her short time there as this magical time when she could just be herself and she really needs that now. Her life is a bit crazy and she doesn't have anyone she is really close to and she could use some time to relax and recharge
Lucinda Tolmie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Terric853
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cole was raised on Mystic Island off the coast of Maine and left over 10 years ago. Willow is the daughter of two of Hollywood's biggest stars and wants to spend a week out of the spotlight. Theyt met 12 years ago when Willow was vacationing on the island and spent a night (no sex) pouring out their hearts to each other.

When they met again on the ferry to the island, the chemistry is instanteous. Turns out that Willow booked her stay for the follow year, so the inn keeper sends her to Cole, who
Loz
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie, christmas
2.5 Stars

An okay freebie... Willow Morgan is returning to Mystic Island twelve years after she last visited. Wanting to experience Christmas for the first time in her life, she's made reservations on a Island renowned for their Christmas festivities.
Cole Charbonneau is returning to his family's inn with the sole purpose to sell it. After Willow (aka Kate Smith) and he run into each other on the ferry over, he can't help but feel a connection with the gorgeous woman he's sure he's met before.
Hid
Joan
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel is the first in the Mystic Island series and is a heart warming festive romance. Cole Charbonneau returns to his childhood home on Mystic Island to wrap up his affairs on the island before starting a new life in Australia. On the ferry over to the island he meets Willow Morgan, who is escaping her rich girl lifestyle by returning to the peaceful and friendly island she where she holidayed as an innocent 15 year old and shared her first kiss with the innkeeper’s son, who just happens t ...more
Nancy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
I chose this book for a couple of reasons, first it was a free download and second, it was a story which takes place at Christmas and I love reading stories that are in the current season and have a small town feel.

To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to get through the first few chapters which is why it took me 3 days to get through all 116 pages. I had to push myself to keep reading and remind myself that it was a short story.

I love a good holiday love story and stories about old flames re
Deb Diem
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped Up In You is a fantastic Christmas story by Stephanie Rowe. Ms. Rowe has given us a well-written story and filled it with amazing characters. Cole is returning to the home of his childhood to get his family's inn ready for sale. Willow is escaping her famous lifestyle and returning to the one place that held happy memories. Their story will warm your heart. There's plenty of drama, humor and sizzle to keep readers engaged. I enjoyed reading Wrapped Up In You and look forward to reading m ...more
Dawn Hicks
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great story of love and forgiveness...Cole and Willow have experienced alot of hurt in the past, and Willow had never felt like she was accepted by others except for one moment from the past when she was a teenager. Fate had their paths cross again and showed them love and forgiveness can make them happy again. Mystic island performed it's magic on them and now they can live happily ever after. great story!!
kathleen
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The two main characters meet on the ferry on its way to Mystic Island ... in a storm no less! It is almost like a death wish, pitching into each other's arms while the rest of the passengers are safe in the cabin.
This was totally unbelievable! The rest of the story follows the same pattern. Four-lettered words could have been left out - they seem to have been haphazardly peppered into the story line.
I read the book because I love Christmas, but not this book!
Tina
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This barely made it to 3 stars for me. The second half was able to pull it back from the brink though. The romance between Willow and Cole was okay for the most part, but I loved Coles growth and acceptance of his past, especially with Paul. Willow was meh for me. Her issues seemed pretty trite and trivial.

Either way, I'm glad I stuck it out with this book. I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I'd be. On to the next!
Susan
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Just okay. Too much inner dialogue. People rarely speak as the H/h here do. Long, involved sex scenes--I've read way too many romances to find much of it interesting anymore. I skim or skip them now. For me, the point is the furtherance of the relationship and any related character growth. Bit very believable. I got to the point of skimming everything just to finish. I seriously doubt that I'll read another by this author.
Bethany
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh. The book started promising, but the characters ended up falling flat and the pacing was all off. I know this is a shorter romance, but it still could have been developed much better than it was. There was plot points set up and never followed through. The island seemed like a good backdrop for romance but the nature of the island and the people wasn't really explored. Meh. Lots of lost opportunity with this one. But luckily I didn't pay for it. Yay for free ebook romances!
Janeiowa
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a second chance plot, and it’s well-written. My problem with it, and why three stars, was the heroine’s constant whining about people finding out who she is, what her real name is, etc. She seemed to think ordinary people live for Hollywood scandal and gossip. Uh...NO, they don’t. All of that got on my last nerve.

Cecly Ann
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Went trolling the Kindle store for the other books in this series. I love how these characters evolved and the plot was very tightly woven. Took a little getting into the story during the opening chapters, but as I read more of the novel I began to fall into the heartache of both Cole and Willow.
I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Vickie Raynor
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought immediately I knew what was going to happen, which it did. Yet, it was so completely different than what I expected that I was so touched and drawn in. A fairy tale love story that left me happily smiling and shedding tears. Once again Stephanie Rowe has stolen a piece of my heart. A great read!
Cynthia
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding a Home

This is a beautiful story of booth finding your way home & a making a permanent home for two people!e who met as teenagers & have them the love of the town & love of Christmas.
Neek
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Island magic

I loved the back story of the two main characters. It showed how people grow and mature over time. Characters were well developed with good depth. I am so glad there was an epilogue to finish up loose ends and really complete the book.
  • Ruck (Completion #4.5)
  • Fly Me to the Moon (Harmony Springs, #0.5)
  • Worth The Shot (The Bannister Brothers, #2)
  • Prince of the Press (Powerplay #1)
  • Blame it on Mistletoe (North Pole, Alaska #1)
  • A Christmas Homecoming (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #5)
  • Romancing Wisconsin Volume I (Christmas Boxed Set)
  • Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy (The Montana Millionaires, #4)
  • Hope for Christmas (Noel, Montana, #1)
  • Holiday Heat
  • Mistletoe in Montana (Montana Sweet Western Romance, #2)
  • Winter Warmers
  • The Christmas Secret (Marvells of Montana #2; Secrets of Cherry Lake #7)
  • Just in Time for Christmas (Island Bliss #4; Southern Born Christmas #2; Magnolia Bay #5)
  • A Marquess for Christmas
  • Kissed by a SEAL (Hope Falls Universe KW, #2)
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Nice and Naughty (The Reverse Harem Diaries Book 5)
Hailed as a "paranormal star!" by J.R. Ward, four-time RITA® Award nominee and Golden Heart® Award winner Stephanie Rowe is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than forty-five novels. For more on Stephanie and her books, visit her at www.stephaneierowe.com, or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StephanieRow....

A life-long reader, she began crafting stories at age ten,