Start by marking “Body Shot (Last Shot, #1)” as Want to Read:
Body Shot (Last Shot, #1)

Body Shot

(Last Shot #1)

The bestselling author of the Heller Brothers series stirs up a tempting cocktail of fun and seduction as a sexy SEAL-turned-bartender treats a buttoned-up scientist to a wild weekend . . . and a change of heart.

Former Navy SEAL Beck Whitcomb left a world of privilege to prove he could make his own way. Money, mansions, expensive cars—none of it could heal the loss of his
Published August 23rd 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Body Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body Shot

|ARC kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot!|

Ah, this is what I was talking about!

At this point Kelly has become of my favorite NA contemporary authors! She just can’t do wrong and it’s very refreshing seeing how she’s improving her writing book by book.

There are, of course, some things that need still a little bit of work –like her side characters. Although Kelly’s pretty good at developing her MC’s, she stru
Maya
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

So...I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this book. I liked it but there was just something that didn't get me to where I wanted to go with this story. I've read some of the reviews that were posted for this book and I have to agree that there could have been more emotional connection between the main characters. We get both POVs and while I loved that we got to see how they thoughts and emotions changed for each other, I simply can't he
Gio Listmaker

OM (view spoiler)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, nerd-alert
This story made me so happy! I loved that the main characters was a shy, nerdy scientist and the hot, outgoing, ex-seal who pursued her. For the most part this story was fun and light.

Hayden is a biochemist and professor. She lost her parents when she was a teenager. Her aunt and uncle took care of her until she went off to college. She was extremely smart but had OCD issues and suffered with anxiety. She works and takes care of her now aging aunt and uncle with no room for fun in her life.

Bec
Dali
Sexy, hot and sweet!

Against his family’s wishes, Beck Whitcomb served his country as a Navy SEAL and proved to himself he was worth something without their love or money. After coming back stateside, he’s decided to ignore his parents’ insistence that he take over the family business and instead used his trust fund to open up a tequila bar with his SEAL buddies. Not wanting to continue with his family’s legacy of having an empty family of his own, he’s devoted to enjoy life and his womanizin
Irene
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed reading Body Shot, it was one of those books you didn't want to put down.
The writing is well done, the characters Beck and Hayden were likable, entertaining and the chemistry between was smoking!

What a great start to the Last Shot series!

Thank you Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Michelle
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Body Shot pairs up two unlikely characters in this steamy romance. Hayden is all things geek. Work is her life and she spares little time to anything else. Order and planning is what makes her tick. But when her best friend pleads with her to live a little she gives in and everything begins to change.

Enter Beck. Ex Navy SEAL, loaded and bar owner. Oh, and did I mention sexy as hell? Yep. Sexy. As. Hell.

Besides the first kiss in a romance, one of my most favorite moments is the first meeting of
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
***ARC provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I don't know what it was, exactly, but I was never really able to fully engage with this book. I liked the characters individually.

Beck was interesting, but at the same time, a bit of a cliche as the former SEAL turned bar owner who has refused to live the wealthy life expected of him.

Hayden was under developed and maybe a little stereotypical as the shy woman who gets involved with a man she sees as out of her league.

I liked them separately and I
Maria Rose
This review can also be found All About Romance: http://allaboutromance.com/book-revie...

Body Shot is the first story in Kelly Jamieson’s new Last Shot series, centered around three former Navy SEALs who now run a tequila bar. It’s a sexy, lighthearted read with minimal angst, the characters are stereotypical and the story is predictable. It won’t rock the world of romantic literature but it’s a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Beck and his two friends, Marco and Cade have retired from their Navy S
London
Aug 23, 2016 marked it as hell-fucking-no
80% into book and hero is still pushing the heroine away. Nope.
Alison
I received a free copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Apologies in advance, I'm obviously in a miserable book reviewing phase but I was so disappointed with this book. I have read other books by Kelly Jamieson and really liked them so I leapt at the chance to read this when it appeared on NetGalley but I really didn't like it and had to admit I couldn't face reading any more of it at 57%.

Hayden is a serious, introverted, workaholic: she works fourte
Ivy Deluca
description
-Nerdy girl meets hot Navy SEAL plus alot of tequila: That sentence alone usually has me all in and was definitely what drew me to this book. Ms. Jamieson’s books have been hit or miss with me, but I’m ever the optimist so I wanted to really like this. The story has all the elements, but for a story about a biochemist, it’s lacking in some basic chemistry.

-Here’s the dealio: You have Hayden, the aforementioned hot but nerdy biochemist who’s searching for a cure for cancer. Then you have Beck, t
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Hayden and Beck were sizzling hot together. He's a sweet, sexy and charming ex Navy SEAL, bar owner/tender, secret millionaire adrenaline junkie who is all about having fun. She's a smart, sweet but rigid scientist/researcher who spends too much time working and not enough time having fun. What started off as just "casual" (but seriously hot) fun between the 2 of them soon developed into something much, much more and I loved reading the progression of their relationship.

The secondary characters

4 Stars

SYNOPSIS:

A
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC received from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ;)

I enjoyed the majority of the book... had some issues with the heroine, but that's just my personal preferenes talking ;) the writing style was great and I will definitely be back for more when the sequel will be poblished ;) full review on the day of the release :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got my hands on the ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ;) after reading
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This wasn't a bad book. However, I did like the second one better. I feel that Hayden and Beck were an okay couple. I mostly enjoyed their story. The good news is that because I had already read the next book I knew that it was all going to work out. I now just hope that the last couple will likable too.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Damn, this book. Simply put, I loved it!! I’ve been really looking forward to reading this one, having become a big fan of Kelly Jamieson’s of late, and it not only didn’t disappoint, it far exceeded any expectations I might have had.

I was hooked from page one. The story is a pretty simple one—good girl meets bad boy—which meant that the personalities and quirks of these characters was the real attraction. And holy moly, both Hayden and Beck were wholly lovable.

Hayden was this dorky, nerdy, sl
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 ~ Adorkable ~ Stars

I loved this author's writing style. She flowed nicely, had great character build up and the heat she packed into every sizzling scene was scorching!

Meet Hayden, Science Girl from the world of intellect.
She was serious, introverted, passionate about science and health and her business, and most men in her experience weren’t interested in proteomics, metabolomics and signaling pathways.

Meet Beck, sexy ex SEAL and (now) bartender from the world of physical, carnal pleasur
Julie

description

I wish that I had read a book by Kelly Jamieson before because holy hell ... this was an amazing book and boy, she sure does create steamy characters. Within the first few pages, I wanted a Beck. More than one would work also ...

Hayden and Beck have to be two of my favorite characters that I've come across in a very long time. I instantly connected with Hayden because she was so stuck in her own head that she couldn't see what was in front of her: a gorgeous man who finds her absolutely beautif
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
I've read quite a few of Kelly Jamieson's books and I've loved every single one of them. Body Shot is the first in her new series, "Last Shot". Jamieson has a perfect balance of romance and sizzling bedroom (or office, shower, changing room etc.) scenes in her books that makes her one of my favorite romance authors.

Hayden is a biochemist and is very focused on her work to find a cure for cancer. Cancer took both of her parents when she was just a teenager, and left her aunt and uncle to care for
Amy
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

“For a moment it felt like the first time he’d jumped out of an airplane–poised on the edge, terrified and shaking, convinced he was about to die. But he had to do it. He had to jump.”

I’m just going to keep this review short and sweet. I thought this book was a lot of fun. It was sweet and sexy. I loved the bad boy falls for the nerdy smart girl story-line. Hayden and Beck couldn’t have been more opposite for each other, but I think that fueled their fire. Beck was wild and just loved
Connie
I love a story where the characters are so real that you actually care about what happens to them. Even though Beck never received the love and acceptance he needed from his snooty and self-centered parents, he didn't allow that to stop him from being a loving, caring friend to those he cares about. Even though billionaire, ex-Navy Seal, Beck and research professor, Hayden are polar opposites, Beck treats Hayden like the queen she is. I loved the background info on tequila tasting, cave explorin ...more
Katie(babs)
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it

Body Shot (Last Shot #1) by Kelly Jamieson has the makings of a great romance novel, and for all purposes it appears to be, but there's something missing here that left me disappointed. The hero Beck is awesome and yummy, and really made Body Shot shine, but I found the heroine Hayden lacking. The chemistry between these two at times seemed forced, plus the writing had some editing issues. There were more passive words or actions than active, and I noticed the use of the same word on the same pa
Danielle
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Body Shot is the first book in the Last Shot series by Jamieson and holy cow is it hot! This series is different then her other ones and the three main heroes of this series are not only bar owners but also ex navy SEALS! So where is this bar and who are these extremely hot new guys? You have to read to find out ;-)

The story starts off with everyone telling Hayden she needs to get out more and not work so much. After having lunch with her best friend, Carrie and her begging Hayden to start tryin
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

What happens when you cross a bartending ex-Navy Seal with a geeky biochemist? Lots and lots of sensual, sexy chemistry with a bit of adventure thrown in for good measure. Low on angst, high on pleasure and two people falling in love without even realizing it made Body Shot by Kelly Jamieson a treat to read.

When Hayley Miles literally runs into Beck Whitcomb she has a hard time composing her geeky self so walking into a bar and seeing him ser
Emalie
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~ Book provided by NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion

I've only read one book by Kelly Jamieson so far - though I have her box set of the Heller Brothers on my Kindle.

At first I wasn't convinced by Body Shot, because Hayden was a bit boring, but thankfully I have a review policy of giving every book 20 - 25% to convince me and convince me it did.

I loved Beck - he was hot and dirty and totally a nice guy in a body of a badboy - and while it took some time for Hayden to win me over she sti
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I loved this book. What a refreshing change to see the female lead character to be a brilliant scientist!! We need more women who are start, intelligent and sexy as lead characters in books! Kelly Jamieson did an aging job with this book. From start to finish!

Hayden Miles doesn't need a man to complete her. In fact, she is fine on her own. She isn't looking for a man to complete her. When she finds Former Navy SEAL/current bar owner Beck Whitcomb, she is not even looking for a relationsh
Bette Hansen
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It made me smile hard and I wasn't ready for it to end. The combo of the nerdy biochemist Hayden and the all alpha ex SEAL Beck was perfection. Commitment and relationship are words Beck doesn't use and Hayden has no interest in but when these two have a hot and steamy encounter in the back room of Beck's bar it's evident their chemistry is explosive. Seeing her again wasn't in the plan but there is something about the professor that has Beck seeking her out and going back again ...more
Katherina
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I liked the first encounter between the main characters, but somewhere after the first chapter i completely lost interest in the book. There was something missing, was it the emotional connection between the MCs or between me and the MCs? I don't know, I only know that I skipped the middle part of the book and only read the end for closure without caring what happened in between ... For more romance reviews, check out my website: https://katherinasbooks.wordpress.com
Michal Inbar
Aug 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF 9%

Short and to the point.
After starting reading the book something in the H behaviour bothered me, he was leaning too much to the flirting with other women side, after he met the heroine.
It smelled bad to me, so, I went back to the reviews of other readers andddddd color me surprise! one of my GF said that the H still pushed the h away in the 80% mark of the book.

Goodby.
  • Lust is the Thorn
  • Kavanagh Christmas (Kavanagh Legends, #5)
  • Token (Daring the Kane Brothers, #1)
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys, #2)
  • Punctured, Bruised, and Barely Tattooed
  • Penthouse Player (Billionaire Bosses, #1)
  • Down & Dirty (Lightning, #1)
  • Naked (Body & Soul, #1)
  • Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3)
  • Running with the Devil (Plantain MC Series, #1)
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Locked, Loaded, & Lying
  • Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2)
  • Solo
  • Necessary Risk (Bodyguard, #1)
  • Mr. Big
  • Raw Heat (Larson Brothers, #3)
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com.

Last Shot (3 books)
  • Hot Shot (Last Shot, #2)
  • Long Shot (Last Shot, #3)