Start by marking “Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)” as Want to Read:
Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)

Destroyer Rising

(Vesik #5)

It's been three years since we failed Vicky, the child once known as Elizabeth Gray. Three years she's lived as something not quite alive, but far from dead. Her path grows darker, even as she spreads light and hope through a tortured world. The Destroyer has come to claim her, and I can’t fail her again. I won't. Elizabeth's fate lies in the Burning Lands, and we will sto ...more
ebook
Published December 29th 2015 by Eric Asher

Start your review of Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
A.M.
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, i-own
Vesik travels to the Burning Lands, one of the levels of existence where Vicky and the ghost pack live.
Given everything here is dead, his powers over the dead work a little differently.
(view spoiler)
Convenient that someone is always around to hea
Daniel Katz
May 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't really know why I liked this story way back when. I mean, there's the repeats of the 2 things that drive me crazy about it that just keep ruining the story for me.

1) I thought necromancy was supposed to be rare? How the ever loving FK does the enemy faction KEEP GETTING MORE NECROMANCERS ON THEIR SIDE? There's no size, no scope, just the enemy faction has a lot of necromancers, and all except the MC are always listed as being on the enemy's side.

2) The MC comes WAY too close to dying ove
Alex Buschmann
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When the series began, I felt like it inadequately explained some parts of the world. However, as the series has gone on, that problem has faded because what were once holes have been filled in and new concepts can be easily pieced together.

This particular book did a wonderful job of maintaining the high level of action and excitement that the readers want, while also tugging at the heart strings and bringing real human emotion into the story.

Also, it's only taken 5 books of this series to mak
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Audiobook Review
5 Stars to the Author and Narrator

I am hooked on this series! Eric Asher has done an incredible job at world building and character development.

Destroyer Rising is by far the darkest and most emotional titles in the series thus far. I was blown away by Damien's love and commitment to Vicky/Elizabeth. The burning lands gave me the creepy crawlies!

William Dufris is a spectacular narrator and brings this story burning from the pages. William is my new fave!
Ginelle Blanch
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So packed with action, darkness, and light. Friendship, heartbreak, and love! I loved seeing more of Jasper and Bubbles! All these characters are just amazing. The imagination of this author continues to charm and enthrall me. And, I really can't imagine any other narrator for this series, he's simply perfect!
Cheryl
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Damian and Vicky/Elizabeth have an unusual relationship. This book is full of action, humor and love! Family is important and Damian has family and friends. He has such a normal and unusual relationship with some. Read this book and learn what a lot of people will give up to save one. Have the Kleenex ready.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Lots of great action.
Glad to finally get some resolution with Vicky.
While the final arch isn't complete, this seems to be a good place to take a break.
Some things are feeling repetitive, but I think a break before reading the next one will solve that problem for me.
I'm really liking some of the side characters.
Michele
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy these books, the smart answers keep a conversation going. There is a lot of things happening in this book. I have gotten lost on the plot because it seems to change or other intense things are written in. I will finish the series but I do have to talk myself into the next book in the series.
Kim Welch
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I have enjoyed all the books from the series so far! I'm starting book 6 and am sure I'll enjoy it just as much as the first 5. The characters and their personalities make me smile and laugh well as a few tears.
Paul
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one had a great story, but the general structure of the book was strange. You had an earlier climax and resolution than expected, and it lingered a bit then resolved again. It all fits once you get there but there were moments where I was questioning what could possibly be left in the story.
Susie
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I enjoyed this book immensely, can't wait the exit book in the series. The author keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next.
Mary
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book humour and drama. It keeps you focused on the story and cheering for the little girl
😁
James Learman
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
characters are better and better.... a few got killed off to make room for more roles for new ones. kinda sappy but leads to alot of set up
Eric Evans
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the concept of the burning lands. The journey to save Vicky is absolutely great. Plus we see Vesik nature as a character. Great surprise ending as well.
Gene
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damian Vesik goes to hell to save the day.

Just another day in the life of out favorite necromancer.
TE
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Destroyer Rising is the 5th book in the Vesik series and I still can't get over how good the world building is. Mr Asher is a master at painting pictures with words. If you've been reading the series, get ready for a couple of surprises in this one. Good read.

For those who want to know: This one has language and violence.
Elizabeth Halkitis
Just can't get enough of this author!! Love the way he has mixed different mythologies together to come up with these wonderful stories. He is my new Stephen King!!
Vicki  Rose
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Five in Eric Asher's fantastic Vesik series, "Destroyer Rising" premieres with a "Bang"!
If you're a fan of Urban Fantasy, this is one series you absolutely MUST READ!
As always, Mr Asher continues to delve deeply into his fascinating, spell-binding world of unique characters, giving them real personalities that are enticingly brought for
Vicki  Rose
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** As a fan of this series from the beginning, I've been waiting for what seems like ages for this novel to come out.. It was definitely well worth the wait!
If you're a fan of Urban Fantasy, this is one series you absolutely MUST READ!
Wendy Schindler
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic series!

We've come a long way with Vesik and the gang!
This one is going to make you cry..
Prosperine is slowly taking Vicky over. It's going to take heroic measures to save her.. Vesik is taking on the quest with a 'no-holds-barred' mentality.
Read the book to find out what happens..
Dionus Jones
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book & Entire Series Rocks!

When you stay up past your bedtime unable to put a book down, you KNOW you're reading a winner. The "Destroyer Rising" is the 5th book in the Vesik series. The 6th book was just recently released, I believe this week. It's been a while since I read a series & couldn't put it down.

I LOVE the characters, the references to Ancient Egypt, & a whole host of other things. If you want action, adventure, & to be a part of a series that will have you emotionally invested,
Maya Barbery
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vesik, my personal favorite Necromancer, once more proves to be not only a hero but an all around wonderful man. if you have been following along about 3 years ago Vicky, Then Elizabeth, was kidnapped and killed. Vesik found her and she has spent the last 3 years in a state of somewhat un-dead... in this state she is somehow becoming the Destroyer, well Damian feels she has gone through too much and set out to save her or die trying!!!

this 5th book in the series is riveting action packed COULD N
Heather
New challenges abound, and not all has been what it seemed. Again, the world and characters continue to grow and change, but the core remains the same. The family, the friends, the heart of the story is still intact, and Eric Asher continues to weave a world that is fascinating to read or listen to. (I've purchased not only the e-books, but the audio as well, there is nothing better than binge reading or listening to the series in a weekend). As one arc ends and new ones begin, even with the los ...more
Angelica
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is hard to find a book so descriptive every scene fairly jumps off the page and into your imagination, but this book does not disappoint. Sacrifice, laughter, love and all the elements of a truly awesome story - that will literally make you want to throw the book across the room in places, laugh out loud and eventually beg for the story not to end. While outside my normal reading comfort zone this author did a fantastic job of making this story come to life.
Mel
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my

What for a fantastic written storyline!!
I love this series, so brilliantly written details. I really like the development in the characters and so funny at some moments, like the gray fluff bunny LOL
The characters are all fantastic everyone has his own charm. And the story is just great and also very sad, but I hope there will be more happy ending to come. Looking forward for the next one.

Well written storyline!
Ruby McDemon
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I've loved VIcky since the moment she showed up in this series and this quest to save her is one of the sweetest things they have all done. I love how everyone is united in protecting Vicky and how sweet and wonderful she is to everyone. Most of this series has been great, but this part really tugs at the heart strings and makes the series even better.
Nichole Jones
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better!

I have enjoyed all of the Vesik books, but honestly they just keep getting better. I was emotionally involved with this story and the end was beautifully bittersweet. Keep writing Mr Asher, I need to know what happens next.
Holly
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much happened in this book! But it didn't get convoluted or over the top or rushed. Bonus, no matter how serious things get, Damian can always make me laugh. Definitely the best one yet, and am eagerly anticipating the next installment!
Shane Benson
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great edition

I really enjoyed this latest installment in the Vesik series. This series has gotten better with each new book. I look forward to the next.
Rebecca
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this new book by Eric Asher! Must reat!

• Druid Mystic (Colin McCool #10)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
  • Sacrifice of the Sorcerer (The Hexecutioner Book 2)
  • Game of the Wolf (The Hexecutioner Book 1)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • Carnage (The Temple Chronicles #14)
  • Underground Druid (Colin McCool #4)
  • Moonlight Druid (Colin McCool #3)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool #2)
  • Assassination Protocol (Cerberus #1)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • Druid Justice (Colin McCool #5)
  • Legend (The Temple Chronicles, #11)
  • Shadows and Blood (The Hexecutioner Book 3)
  • Salty Dog (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #7)
  • Witches Brew (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #6)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)
  • The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)