Start by marking “The Alexander & Maya Duet: Lost Heartbeats” as Want to Read:
The Alexander & Maya Duet: Lost Heartbeats

The Alexander & Maya Duet: Lost Heartbeats

This is the bundled version of 'Alexander & Maya' which contains 'Lost Prelude' and 'Lost Heartbeats'. If you've already read the books separately, there is no need to buy this.

Part One: LOST PRELUDE
My name is Maya, and I'm not the same girl I was a month ago.
There is an emptiness I carry around in my chest now. A broken heart caused by grief.
There are also dark ni
Published December 2nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Alexander & Maya Duet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alexander & Maya Duet

A_Ryan
5+ stars for Lost Prelude
1 star for Lost Heartbeat

Aaaarrrgghhhhh! I don't think I've EVER been as torn about a rating before!!

Let me just say that Part 1 'Lost Prelude' was AMAZING!! 5+ STARS ALL THE WAY !! I couldn't believe that this dark, mysterious, tragic, tale could be by the same author who wrote the adorably light-hearted 'To Love Jason Thorn'.

Maya comes to New York for 10 days to grieve the death of her beloved father and carry out his last wishes. She checks into a hotel, a
Alex ♈
DNF
Why would a young intelligent woman lust after the H, whom she sees with 2 different OWs, witnesses when he insults and kicks out 3rd OW, listens through the hotel wall, when H f’cks the 4th OW only hours after the encounter with the 3rd one?...
Maybe because she is a dull doormat?
Let do not start, that H sleeps with OW during their separation. Sweet epilogue (yes I skipped to it), but not plausible.
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
3~ 3.3 STARS

I didn't realize until the very end that this series was written by Ella Maise. What a lovely surprise! This book was unputdownable and I teared up a lot.

I didn't really like part 1 to be honest, I thought Alex was too much of a prick for my taste. But what I did like was Maya's relationship with her late father. Although, we only got a glimpse of it, I could tell how beautiful their relationship was. It's really well-written.

In part 2, I started to like Alex. I liked how affection
Jessica
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
No. Just no.

Please, female writers, quit writing female leads who cannot stand up for themselves and let men walk all over them and eat up all the crap they dish up to them with a spoon. Saying I love you does not magically make everything ok. Neither does buying someone a house. It is perfectly fine for a woman to stand up for herself and let go of a man who is not good for her.
I didnt like the H from the start but during the middle I was feeling him a little and then he just turned into a bl
Willow
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: rating-r, romance
They've both lost someone dear and need each other but otherwise it's a typical sex-based romance that's instantaneous. They are, for an inexplicable reason, draw to each other at first sight. There's a bit of emotional plot and the author is ok at writing them although I skip all the set-in-the-past scenes. I have no interest and I don't want to be emotionally involved with a character that's already dead.
terry westfall
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing double pleasure!

I've now read everything you've written & my heart breaks because there is no more. You are amazing! "Lost heartbeats" is 2 books in one & it is an incredible journey into the lives of Sexy Alexander & Beautiful Maya & I enjoyed it SO MUCH! 5 STARS EVERY DAY, EVERY BOOK FOR YOU ELLA!
THANK YOU!💗
Barbara
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
*DNF*
I really enjoy Ella Maise's writing, but I couldn't make it through this. It was a mixture of things for me:
- I felt it needed some serious editing
- I could not for the life of me warm up to Alexander
- the page count didn't feel justified by the story

I might try and resume reading it in the future, and I will amend the review accordingly.
Carey Nikonchuk
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kind of long

But its also in 2 books....great love story. I love all of Ellas books and cant wait to read her next one
Camila
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok

Want spoilers about this book? Just ask me and I'll tell you!
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this author's latest book 'To Love Jason Thorn'. In that book, the heroine is a writer and she is writing her second book, which is this story! It was free on KU, so I decided to read it. This story is not as polished as Jason Thorn. It's a bit all over the place plot wise.

Maya is in New York to do something at the request of her now deceased father. While staying in her hotel, she keeps seeing Alexander who tends to frown at her a lot! The first part of the story is quite in
Sam
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"You know, the one person we’re bound to meet at some point in our lives. That one person who alters everything. The one who makes your soul sigh because it recognizes its lost part."

After reading To Love Jason Thorn, I knew I had to get my hands on everything Ella Maise has written, and this story of Maya and Alexander did not disappoint.

From the onset of Lost Prelude, I was drawn into the world of Maya and Alexander, each battling their own demons, yet drawn towards each other in the most pass
Fernanda
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Torn, I liked the first part of the book, it was good nothing too out of the ordinary, but still wanted to keep reading. I liked the main character even though the connection did seem a bit rushed, and there wasn't much character background.

My problem was with the second part, there were too many unfinished storylines. Claire, Natalie, the family (what was up with the dad at the end...that was random, and it didn't really add anything to the story), nothing seemed to wrap up, even though the Nat
Pam
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Alexander & Maya Duet is comprised of Lost Prelude and Lost Heartbeats. The duet is wonderful although the erotica might cause problems for some readers. This is the romance of Alexander Ross, owner of a large hotel in New York City, and Maya Hart, a small café owner in Sweden who had just lost her beloved Father. They meet in his hotel when Maya comes to find her long-lost uncle who has returned her Father's letters over the years. Can Alexander and Maya overcome many obstacles to be to ...more
Katie Valdez
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review is for both books even tho I read them separately. The story is beautiful the writing is so smooth and the characters are amazing!

This series take you from mourn to happiness, hope, heartbreak and finally love. The first book was, at least for me "good one" but the second one simply touched my soul.
In general the story shows how much love was poured into the writing, like the rest of Ella's books you can feel identified and touched I think that's a gift to certain authors and Miss Ma
Michelle
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Predictable

Billionaire falls for hard to get good girl. He chases. She caves. She runs. He chases. She caves again. He hurts her. His family hates her. She makes the best of the situation. Tragedy strikes. She runs again. He woos her with his undying love in the form of a Brownstone and a dog. Voila. HEA. Ugh. The only reason it got 3 stars is because it made we emotional once or twice and it was hot and steamy here and there.
Sara
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good

This is the second book I have read. To Love Jason Thorn was way better. I still will recommend this book to others. Good, but not great.
Emily
Feb 19, 2016
Vedna
Jun 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After, #1)
  • Pas de Deux
  • Dark Kiss
  • Blushing (The Brightside, #2)
  • The Bet
  • Billionaire With a Twist: Part One
  • At the Duke's Wedding
  • Pollyanna and the Greek Billionaire: Innocent and Betrayed, Part 3
  • Childstar 2 (Childstar, #2)
  • Seductive Nights: The Standalone Novels
  • Natasha's Awakening
  • Of Loss & Betrayal (Madison & Logan, #2)
  • Calling Her Bluff (What Happens In Vegas, #10)
  • Between Shadows (Assassins, #1)
  • The Twisted Mosaic
  • The Kingmaker (Powerplay #2)
  • Hard Rock Roots Box Set (Hard Rock Roots, #1-5)
  • Unexpected Circumstances

Writing has become my world and I can’t imagine myself doing anything other than giving life to new characters and new stories. You know how some things simply makes your heart burst with happiness? A really good book, a puppy, hugging someone you’ve been missing like crazy? That’s what writing does to me. And all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety…everything is worth it at t