Start by marking “Replica (The Blood Borne #2)” as Want to Read:
Replica (The Blood Borne #2)

Replica

(The Blood Borne #2)

When the sun rises, the nightmares are supposed to fade . . .this time, they don’t.

An expose on the dangerous experiments Rachel and Lea uncovered with the Asclepius project turns the world against them.

Except for a single man who claims he knows about a hidden plan to complete what was started with Asclepius.

Faced with complications they could never have foreseen,
ebook
Published April 5th 2016 by Smashwords

Start your review of Replica (The Blood Borne #2)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

The two first person POVs became more well-defined thanks to my increased familiarity with the characters, and the ending of RECOMBINANT wasn’t as far off-base as I’d originally thought which were great comebacks to my initial criticisms of book 1. The multiple “I” writing style is still not my favourite, but the addition of a couple of secondaries helped as did the fact that they were both male because nothing screams distraction like smexy werewolf!

REPLICA was a direct
Jamie Davis
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Staking Stereotypes Through the Heart!!!

Surely by now you’ve read Recombinant, book #1 in the Blood Borne series. If not, stop right now and read that first! Denise Grover Swank and Shannon Mayer are going to knock you for a loop again with book #2, Replica!

Take everything you know about stereotypical vampire and werewolf stories, tie it up, and stab it through the heart with a silver stake! Lea and Rachel are everything lead female characters in paranormal fantasy should be, and being badass is
Teresa Sambrook
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Blood Borne series written by Denise Grover Swank and Shannon Mayer! If you have not read book 1 Recombinant, STOP and GET BOOK 1 NOW!!!
If you read Recombinant then you are more than ready for Replica!!! Lea and Rachel are teaming up to stop the evil forces of world. Guess what! Some hunky guys decide they need their help! As if! These girls don't need them, unfortunately these guys are as stubborn as they are hot! What kind of man can make a vampire all hot and
Boundless Book Reviews
I was provided an ARC of Replica (The Blood Borne #2) in exchange for an honest review.

Replica picks up where Recombinant leaves off; Rachel is doing a live broadcast exposing the huge government conspiracy her and Lea uncovered, Lea is off to track down Stravinsky, the evil vampire who is responsible for the monstrous experiments. That’s just the beginning; the story quickly turns into a nonstop action packed, thrilling adventure, doesn’t slow, and goes from one twist to the next.

The girls “
Brandy
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read a lot of books by multiple authors, but the Blood Borne Series has been an enjoyable new experience. It's a great read, not only from a story standpoint, but as a writer standpoint. It's amazing to read how well the partnership works between the two authors. You can see that it is not only a combined effort, but an interaction between two characters and authors. It's a dialogue.

Having said that, the story itself is great too.
Denise Hoover
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of Action!

This book had so much action in it. It took me awhile to read because of other obligations, but I kept wanting to just sneak away to see what happened next. Rachel and Lea are a great team, but put together the two surprising others, they make one fantastic group. I cannot wait for the third book to come out to see what happens next. Powerful women in this book that don’t take any crap! I recommend this book for the supernatural fans out there!
Miranda
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up right where the first one left off. You will want to make sure you read the first one.
Oh man, the werewolf is a hoot! Had me cracking up quite a bit. The back and forth between either Lea and him or Rachel and him was entertaining.
I was upset when I saw I was at 80% because I didn’t want this book to end but knew the end was near.
The four characters had really enjoyable dynamics, I can’t wait for book 3 to be released so that I can find out more about their stories and the
Nicki
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book I was completely sold on this series. But this one was even better. I love the characters! Lea and Rachel are such great partners and Ivan and Antonio add some extra fun to this book. I love the action and adventure. It was funny and exciting. So much crazy stuff going on. I need more!!
Sarah Leenart
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book ticks every one of my boxes and the best bit? Two, not one, but TWO fabulous kick ass heroines whom I have grown to love and root for. So Denise Grover Swank and Shannon Mayer have come up with this fabulous formula and each written a heroine, and to honest the story and writing is so seamless that if I didn't know that there were two authors involved here I would not have guessed it.

We pick up not far from where Recombinant left off, with Rachel revealing to the world the existence of
Reesa
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Replica
Book 2 of the Blood Borne Series
Shannon Mayer & Denise Grover Swank
4 Bookgasums

Red Panties on Sale

This is the second book in the collaborated series Blood Borne. I am glad to say the authors did a fabulous job of creating a full and rich story. Based on the story’s ending I am excited to see there will be more books in this series.

Each chapter is from one of the two main characters points of view. I am not a fan of this style as it makes the reading choppy which in turn makes it
Pdmcbride
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.

First and foremost, if you have not read Recombinant yet, do so before reading Replica. It will make the storyline easier to understand and follow.

Replica takes off where Recombinant left off; with Rachel and Lea continuing their search for Stravinsky. They are joined by Ivan and Antonio, each who have their own reasons for jumping feet first into the melee. Just when you think you think you know where the story is heading, Mayer and Swank
Shakuita Johnson
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Although I was slow to warm up to Recombinant I did not have this problem with Replica. I love Rachel and Lea as main characters and the introduction of Ivan was just what the story needed to round these two tough chicks out. Ivan bought a comic flare that was refreshing. This doesn't mean Lea and Rachel don't have their funny moments but they are more concerned with other things.

Replica picks up pretty much right where Recombinant left off. The pacing and action in this book were on point
Elisa
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an ARC copy of this book

Oh I love that 'keep your friends close and your weapons closer' words to live by lol

Rachel saying 'we should keep the puppy ' lol to funny but I'm seriously loving Ivan from the start...lol

The more time Lea and Rachel spend together the stronger their comraidery gets I love how they can make each other laugh in stressful situations.

Replica begins were Recombinant finishes and it is just as fast paced an adventure as recombinant was. Lea and Rachel show time
Sandra Lancaster
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where Recombinant, (book 1 in the Blood Borne Series), left off. If you haven't read Recombinant yet,what are you waiting for. Purchase it along with Replica and be prepared to be transported to a world of vampires, werewolves, monsters, conspiracies and kick ass heroines.

This story is fast paced and action packed. Lea and Rachel's friendship/partnership continues to evolve as they learn to trust each other. I loved the addition of the sexy hotties. They added a layer of
Vicki Poll
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** Given an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review. **

This book picks up straight after the first in the series, and jumps right into holding the reader captive. With witty one liners such as: "Well shit me out on a piece of toast!" the comedy value, as always, is evident. The way these two authors weave action with intrigue, love interests with revenge, is absolutely masterful. I have grown to love Lea and Rachel, but the latest two editions of Ivan and Antonio, open up the
Michelle
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a ARC for an honest review.

I thought Recombinant was good but Replica was even better!

Lea is quite a complex character and Rachel once again finds it very difficult to trust her. The introduction of Ivan and Antonio as potential allies puts even more stress on their fragile friendship.

Lea considers Rachel a kindred spirit and the first friend that she's had for a very long time. She had become so jaded from her time with Calvin, honesty was almost a foreign concept.
Kirsten
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The blonde and the brunette. The reporter and the hunter. The human and the vampire. Replica is fast moving with plenty of action. You don't know what's around the corner and you can't wait to find out. This is the second book in the series, so we are watching the friendship build between the characters. Rachel and Lea are strong women who are trying to save the world, without much help. They are still trying to find their balance with each other when they are joined by two more who say they ...more
Emily Ladouceur
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this novel from the author as an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Replica is the 2nd book in The Blood Borne Series. Make sure you read the first novel, Recombinant, before you pick up Replica because this is definitely not a stand-alone novel, and you don’t want to miss out.

The story is ever expanding, in plot, character, and location. The action starts right away and continues throughout, which will keep you hooked. I really enjoyed Lea and Rachel’s evolving relationship. Both
Alison Motherwell
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An ingenious collaboration from two fantastic authors. The writing styles of these 2 authors blend together perfectly allowing individuality, depth and charisma.

Wow where do I begin...... I really enjoyed this book. The two strong female characters work so well together showing off the amazing talents of two unique authors it is inspiring. Lea and Rachel begin the next leg in their journey to uncover the truth behind the conspiracies and experimentation ran by the demented Stravinsky.

In this
Jana Gundy
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the Blood Borne series and if you didn't read the first, you will be pretty lost and why wouldn't you want to read the first? This series is straight up urban fantasy and it's all you ask for. You have two awesome female lead characters that are strong and stubborn but have a friendship/bond that is growing into something great. The story involved characters and plots from the first story and it keeps you entertained and intrigued. There are two new male characters ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

Shannon and Denise have done again!! Replica is an amazing, action packed, heart racing, you can't put it down book! In this volume Lea and Rachel are joined by two other people to stop something that is just downright wrong-and very smelly. Trust is going to be tried, and feelings are going to be flying... but what kind of feelings. There is also a surprise that I NEVER saw coming.

The partnership that Denise and Shannon have is perfect. They
Tiffany Heidt
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If the first book of this series didn't hook you, this one definitely will! The first one was good but this one was AWESOME.
I love how the relationship and dynamic has grown between Lea and Rachel. And with Ivan and Antonio thrown into the mix - that just kicked the story up into over drive. I love the mystery behind the supernatural characters in the story and how Rachel responds to it all. This book will take you on a roller coaster - you will laugh with the characters, cheer them on and hold
Karie Mathiesen
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book but have to say this one was even better!! I love the bickering between Lea & Rachel. The language on these two women is so similar and the sayings they come up with are hysterical. A few new characters were added and I'm absolutely loving it! I was such a huge Rylee Adamson fan so to be able to say that I think I enjoy this series more is huge for me! These book keeps moving at a steady pace and you're never bored by the story line at all. I recommend this to anyone ...more
Nora
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Replica picks up where Recombinant leaves off; So if you haven’t read Recombinant, what are you waiting for?
This book is an amazing, action packed, heart racing, you shouldn’t put it down book. I love the way Shannon Mayer and Denise Grover make the characters seem alive. Two fabulous kick ass heroines Lea & Rachel show how a friendship grows and how women interact with each other. I never notice the switch from one author to another. I love that we get both sides of the story in the same
Melodie Custer-luckett
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!!!

This is the 2nd book in the Blood Borne series...

I LOVED this book better than the first..... The characters are developing and getting to know each other much better... their friendship makes more sense to me at least.....

This book is fast paced with LOTS of action... Non Stop Action!!!

And surprises around every turn....

I absolutely LOVED it.... Can't wait for #3...

Another GREAT book Shannon Mayer And Denise Grover
Latisha Bramlett
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I Received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. This book has really picked up the story and fleshed out the characters. We are also introduced to several new characters. I'm not sure whether Antonio is a good guy or not. But Ivan is a hoot. The whole switching between the characters points of view is not my favorite. But it's not so bad in this case. I'm interested to see where the authors take the story.
Denise Sherman
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this was an ARC for an honest Review
I loved reading Replica...
As usual it has our wonderful Vampire Lea and her partner Rachael...
I love how they work together to save each other...
I can't wait till book 3 comes out...
this was a book well written... I would give this book a 3 thumbs because it was super AWESOME... anybody who loves reading about Vampires will love reading it...
Barbara
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series is excellent! Fast paced and suspense. I love the two heroines. I can't decide which one I like best. I can't wait for the next installment. I think I like this series better than Rylee and Lark. It's a MUST read, really.

NOTE: You should read the first book before you start this one.
Laylay
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3-my-favourit
I received this ARC for an honest Review. This is the second in the Blood Borne series and even though I loved the first book I have to say I love this one even more!! Wow!! Shannon just keeps getting better with every series she brings out and Denise is just as good, I can’t wait for the next instalment and hopefully more collaborations.
Christina Wells
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a continuation from recombinant which follow Lea and Rachel on their journey. They have added a couple more unexpected players but they all add to the story. This is a great mix of humor, action, and just good storyline! Cannot wait for the next one in the series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Descended from Shadows (Book of Sindal Book One)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • Finding Home
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series)
  • Finding Peace (Bluebird Bay)
  • Of Fire and Storm: A Curse Keeper Novel (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Redemption (The Chosen, #4)
  • Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Hunted (The Chosen, #2)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • Finding Tomorrow
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • There (On the Otherside, #2)
  • This Place is Death (Curse Keepers Secret #1; Curse Keepers #1.5)
  • This is Your Destiny (Curse Keepers Secret #3; Curse Keepers #3.5)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my ...more

The Blood Borne (2 books)
  • Recombinant (The Blood Borne #1)
“Men were good for two things: opening jars and a good fuck. As far as I was concerned, Lea could open all the jars I needed and my vibrator would take care of the second.” 0 likes