Start by marking “Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)” as Want to Read:
Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)

Targeted

(Callahan & McLane #4)

A Wall Street Journal bestseller

All Detective Mason Callahan wanted was a quiet fishing trip with the guys—a chance to get away and unwind before Halloween.

Until he finds the body of his boss, Denny Schefte, near their remote Oregon cabin. Now all he wants is to catch the sadist who slit Denny’s throat and covered his face with a mask. Mason was the last person to see him
Published June 7th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Targeted, please sign up.
Agnieszka So far there's none and I never heared it's planned - though I read in the author notes of some of the books Kendra Elliot's open for ideas / wished h…moreSo far there's none and I never heared it's planned - though I read in the author notes of some of the books Kendra Elliot's open for ideas / wished her readers have and if possible tries to work with them.
You could contact her via her web page http://www.kendraelliot.com and ask.
Ava has a cameo appearance in the second book of the Mercy Killpatrick series (Merciful Truth) and she plans to add other characters from the previous series in the following books as well.(less)
BO WILLIAM BIGLEY Great question! I had it myself but they circle back in a discussion later, and it is never really made clear, since there were no witnesses. I would …moreGreat question! I had it myself but they circle back in a discussion later, and it is never really made clear, since there were no witnesses. I would think it was something Scott knew about him or possibly lured him out somehow?(less)

Start your review of Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
Diana
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, mystery

Targeted is book 4 in the Callahan & McLane series, and probably my favorite so far.

FBI Special Agent Ava McLane and Detective Mason Callahan, are not only trying to maneuver their relationship and personal lives, they are trying to find a cop killer. With no suspects in sight, they killer is getting too close for comfort.

If you like police procedurals, I highly recommend this series. It is light in the romance department, like no sex scenes at all, but it worked for me because I thoug
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
3.5 stars for Targeted, a very slickly written novel from Kendra Elliot. The plot flows well but lacks that certain something that keeps me reading to the exclusion of everything else.

In defence of the book, this is #4 in a series, but I don't feel that I have missed anything that would have added to my enjoyment by not reading the previous 3 books.

It seems to all have started with the murder of Denny Schefte at a remote fishing cabin where he was on a trip with his buddies and workmates. But di
Mo
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first three in the series and this was no exception. I had to go back and read my reviews to see if there was any romance/sex in the previous books. I think there was. Nada in this one. But I didn't really care. I like Mason and Ava.

Mason and his buddies are on a fishing trip. Time for rest and relaxation but then one of the party ends up dead.

Mason hoped his own death wouldn't leave stains for a stranger to remove. He'd rather die under a fir tree, his blood soaking into the
Paige  Bookdragon

It's a very good thing Targeted was a great read because it would have sucked to have a terrible read on my birthday.

( In case you didn't get that, it's my birthday!!!PARTY HAAAARD!!)

I wasn't able to read the 3rd book of the series but that doesn't mean it lessens the wow factor of the book. Granted, there's some spoilers for the 3rd book but it really didn't bother me at all. Targeted is so much better than the 2nd book of the series (which I gave 3 stars).

description

I love how Elliot puts her readers on
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I would have given this more stars if not for the blatant disregard for police work. (view spoiler) It was a huge plot hole I couldn't ignore. Thus a star off. ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
This is the 4th book in this series, but the first book in the series for me. I was a little worried about starting with book #4, but received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review...so I dived in.

The Callahan & McLane series feature Mason Callahan, a detective in the Portland Police Department and Special Agent Ava McLane with the FBI. In the first book they meet and develop a relationship and then their relationship continues to develop in the next books in the series. Each bo
Petra
The fourth book about Detective Mason Callahan and FBI special agent Ava McLane and these keep getting better and better. The case, this time, hits close to home as law enforcement officers are being targeted by a serial killer. The ongoing relationship between Mason and Ava is further developed while Ava continues to worry about her twin sister's mental health issues.
Addictive romantic suspense with the emphasis on suspense in this one. I love how each case they are working on has been differe
Anita
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am enjoying the Callahan & McLane series immensely. In addition to a new mystery to solve with each book, you have the ongoing relationship of Ava and Mason and the problems that Ave has with the mental illness of her twin sister, Jayne. Kendra Elliot writes Ave and Mason as real people with real ongoing issues. Not your typical Romantic-Suspense series.

While on a fishing trip with his four OSP buddies, Mason discove
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Cops are being killed
Must be connected, but how?
Twisted path to perp

Couldn't guess bad guy
Characters developing
Really like series
julia ☆ [owls reads]
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
4 stars!

The best in the series! The mystery was so well done: the opening scene was super intriguing and the way the case slowly developed only made things better. There was a lot of tension all around due to how the first murder connected to Mason and it was really interesting to see how things progressed. I really enjoyed, and was surprised by, the final reveal at the end.

I also really liked the amount of character development in this, especially on Ava's part! One of my issues with the series
Sufficiently mysterious and the family and relationship drama didn’t bother me. This one was better than the last. On a side note, Zander seriously needs to have a spin off series.
Diane
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Kendra Elliot. Cops are the target in this book also, but it's the male species this time. A red herring or two thrown in just for fun when you are trying to solve this serial killing. Male cops are the victims and are left with different "Hallowe'en" masks on them and a mysterious finger print thrown in!

The first "known" victim is found by Mason when a group of his fellow cop buddies are on a fishing vacation - just happens to be one of the buddies who is also their boss.
Cindy
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tight suspense thriller that had me turning the pages as fast as I could to find out who was killing Oregon’s law enforcement. The author did a great job of keeping you guessing almost till the end along with some great murder scene descriptions (yes I’m morbid) with references to some of my favorite horror movies.

Throughout this series poor Ava has not had an easy time of it with the havoc her twin sister has wrecked all her life. I was happy to see that Ava is finally cutting the emotional co
Diane Saul
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading Kendra since her first book, Hidden. She just keeps getting better! Mason and some of his detective friends have gone on a vacation together. One of the detectives is brutally murdered at the remote cabin where they are staying. His body is found with a Halloween mask on his face. Mason's fiancé Ava is brought in to help with the investigation. When another law enforcement officer is found murdered, also with a Halloween mask on, they realize they have a killer targeting law ...more
Elvan
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. A cop killer with a theatrical horror movie slant. Elliot continues to expand on the back stories on some of the secondary characters we've come to know in this series. Other than a few TSTL decisions by our favourite investigators to help make a thriller ending, this fast paced read was entertaining from beginning to end.
* I don't always read the acknowledgments by the author at the end of each read but got a kick out of her comment saying her readers had demanded she not injure Av
Debby
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: authors-e-f
Wondering if there would be a 5th book to really round out the somewhat way the story ended. I enjoyed the first three and the 4th did not create a big dent or climax other than Denny Schefte, the boss being killed at his fishing cabin in the woods. There was literally no romance/sex scenes in this one, although I thought it would have expounded on Zander hooking up with the wedding planner friend.

Callahan and McLane try to get their wedding plans in order but are stalled when a serial cop kille
Joann
This is the 4th book in the Callahan and McLane series by Kendra Elliot. The author sure can spin a good tale and for the most part I've enjoyed all four books. I listened to the audible for all of them. The ending was open ended so I guess there could be more. In my last review I mentioned how much the sister, Jayne, annoyed me but she seems to be getting her act together in this book. Let's hope so as she is one annoying character. Most of the voices were OK and the only negative would be all ...more
Zita
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Good FBI/Police mystery thriller…

This is the fourth book in the Callahan & McLane series that can be read as a stand-alone.

It wasn’t easy arranging identical time off for a group of detectives and their boss yet they managed to get away for a much needed relaxation fishing trip prior to Halloween. What they didn’t expect was to wake up one morning to find their boss murdered, his throat slit with a horror mask covering his face. Detective Mason Callahan was the last person to speak to him and th
Monica R.
Repetitive and aggravating

It seems that Miss Elliot decided to play up the suspense by having the characters do continuously stupid things. If you read the other books in the series, you know of all the adventures they have shared together. Then maybe you can answer why they continue to never text , call or inform anyone of where they are going or what they are doing when they are pursuing a lead in a case? Why is it that their minds seem to work slowly, even though they've been doing this inves
Erin Burns
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, read-2016

I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, this does not affect my opinion of this book or the content of my review.

I've been with this series since the beginning. What attracted me was that it is a story about grown-ups being actual grown-ups, which has continued. Where we last left Ava she was broken, shattered even, and while the novel itself was complete we were nowhere near actual closure for Ava. It has been a long wait, but in the end totally worth it! As this is th
Trish R.
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific read..

I have no idea why Ms. Elliot doesn’t just kill Jayne off. She’s in every book and she lives to make Ava’s life a living hell. There will never be anything that can redeem the stupid girl and nothing that can ever make her likable. If a book were ever written where Jayne came around to being a decent person I would never read it, that’s how much I hate her. I’m at 50% of the book and I get irritated just hearing her name mentioned. I hope by the end of the book she’s dead.

I just
Lena

"Mason read the names on the gravestones. DEE CAYED. WILL B. BACK. PAUL TERGEIST."

Another stellar contribution to the Callahan & McLane FBI murder/mystery procedurally series. Mason Callahan has gone on a fall fishing trip with four other detectives when he discovers his boss dead of a slit throat wearing a Pinhead mask. It's disturbingly similar to the recent hanging death of an FBI agent wearing a Freddy Krueger mask that had been ruled a suicide. As more cops are killed and posed in mas
Books and Spoons
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ruthless serial murderer killing the law enforcement personnel, while Ava's twin sister is manipulating yet another set of doctors, and Mason is trying to figure out why Ava isn't ready to set the wedding date.
The suspense is tight, the investigation of the criminal behind the callous murders is intriguing, and keeps the reader on toes till nearly the end. I loved how the task force put the puzzle pieces together, the teamwork is commendable, and the crime scenes atrocious, each on their own wa
Karsyn
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detailed review to come. Good, with faults, so wasn't sure what to rate it. Looks like I'm gonna have to give up on the series. I am NOT one of the women who want to see her pregnant. Not all women want to see that and I wish it was not everywhere in these kinds of freakin books.

Recieved from NetGalley for my honest review.

The 4th book in this series by Kendra Elliot, a new-ish author who I've enjoyed just about every book of. Targeted was another great book in the series and I actually enjoyed
Sonia Cristina
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
"Targeted" is book #4 in Mason Callahan and Ava McClane's series. From the beginning I'm a huge fan of this incredible couple. I adore the way they are with each other, it thrills me to read their dialogues, to see how their relationship evolves to the point where they are now engaged and looking for the perfect venue for the big day.

I admit, without shame, that Mason and Ava's relationship is what I most enjoy in this series. Deep down, I'm a romantic!

But Mason and Ava's engagement isn't all t
Darla
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good one! I enjoy everything she writes but this was different for me.... one of the best I've read!! I received this free through Netgalley for an honest review.
⚜️Trea
I really didn't enjoy this installment that much. While it could have been ripped from current headlines, it didn't feel realistic to me, especially with Mason's inclusion in so much of the investigation. The suspense and mystery angles weren't well done, as the cops all felt like bumbling idiots, even Ava and Mason. While I thought we would get more resolution with the Jayne situation, it felt like there were even more problems cropping up with it. I really hated how Ava just wouldn't talk to M ...more
Denise
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book in the Ava McLane series and another great installment. With this, and the Mercy Kilpatrick series I recently completed, Kendra Elliot has become an auto-buy author for me. Her characters are real people with flaws, they interact with those around them in real ways. There are love relationships, friend relationships, family relationships (functional and dysfunctional), and they all seem well thought out and real. I particularly liked the interaction between Ava and her twin ...more
Meghan
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not expected

Ava gets a somewhat break, maybe just physical harm related, but Mason could not catch a break. This one has a lot of hits close to home for this couple. A death, note on the twin sister front, a new figure, a serial killer who is a little too close and then lets throw in a wedding!

The writing and overall series is engaging and the world that has been created is intricate and full bodied. All characters are entertaining on their own and have me wanting more. For example, Zander...oh
Darcy
The twists that this one took were interesting. More so as the past was revealed and things started to get a bit icky. We never really know if things went too far, but it's easy to see the direction things were heading.

It was nice to see Ava and Mason working together to get the to the bottom of things. Nice to see them have a united front against Ava's sister and for them to get some resolution on their relationship.

• Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island #2)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • See Her Die (Bree Taggert, #2)
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • She Can Scream (She Can #3)
  • He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • She Can Tell
  • She Can Run (She Can #1)
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
  • A Broken Bone (Widow's Island #6)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 8 Million books and been on the WSJ best seller list eleven times.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

*New series!* THE LAST SISTER and THE SILENCE

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS:

Callahan & McLane (5 books)
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane, #1)
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
  • The Silence (Columbia River #2, Callahan & McLane, #5)