Start by marking “Provocative (Tempting, #3)” as Want to Read:
Provocative (Tempting, #3)

Provocative (Tempting #3)

Coming home to a quiet, dark house.
Meals by myself, because she was already done.
Excuses and apologies, they were never enough.
But even with that, when I touched her—when she arched under me and pulled me deeper— we couldn’t get back to where we needed to be.
Where we used to be.
It was all frustration.
Loneliness.
Loss.

Because even though she was no longer my student, the
Published July 21st 2016

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 06, 2016 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
It's not a secret that I'm in love with Alex Lucian's writing. I find it more than addicting, to me it's as close to perfection as you can get. I love the way this author tells a story. I'm hooked by it. The depth of feels, the sensuality and heat, the way his words weave together to create the most vivid and intoxicating scenes, it's magic. I could read these books over and over and over again. I just love them.

That said, I need to be honest. I had been dreading the moment I would have to read
Sophie
Dec 20, 2015 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Man, oh, man, oh, man!! I honestly have NO IDEA where to start. Holy shiz, this book rocked me to my core! When I first saw that we were getting more from Nathan & Adele I think I squealed a little, then came the anxiety of what on earth would happen between them and wowzas a lot freaking happened between them!

My naughty professor and his teasing temptress stole my heart in Tempting. In Provocative they obliterated it, before rendering me speechless with their love and devotion. The forbidd
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
Provocative, a sequel to Tempting, naturally starts off with ease and familiarity. Reminding readers of the fierce forces of nature that Nathan and Adele are, Provocative is an authentic depiction of the hardship and laboured reality of love. Alex Lucian's writing continues to excel and exceed expectations. As he brings to life desperation, lust and pain, Provocative is a myriad of emotions that will set your soul on fire.

Adele and Nathan settle into the routine that is life, both focused on th
Wil Loves Books!
Jul 26, 2016 Wil Loves Books! rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

What a great conclusion to Nathan and Adele's story. I loved it! Provocative is the third book in the Tempting Series and the continuation of Nathan and Adele's story from book 1, Tempting. In order to read Provocative, you have to read Book 1. Book 2 is not required as it is focused on a different couple.

This sequel explores how the couple is adapting to living together and how their daily routine is affecting them. In the beginning they're faced with an unexpected situation as a co
Paige
Jul 21, 2016 Paige rated it really liked it
4 "No Silence" Stars

Provocative is the follow up and conclusion to Alex Lucian's Tempting series duet. It's book three of the series but follows Adele and Nathan from Tempting book 1. I would highly suggest reading Tempting first to get the full effect of their relationship and what leads the actions in Provocative. That said I devoured both of these books back to back without much break as this series, and Alex's writing, is addictive and scintillating.

Adele and Nathan are living out their HEA
Lex Martin
Jul 08, 2016 Lex Martin rated it it was amazing
Hands down, this is one of the best books I've read in ages. Adele and Nathan's story is sublime. One moment I'm fanning myself over their explosive chemistry, and the next I'm crying all over my ereader. Provocative is exquisitely heartbreaking, beautifully written, and so hot your kindle will combust. Alex Lucian has gotten pretty damn good at hitting home runs because this is a 5-star read and a 5-star series.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I fell in love with this couple when I read Tempting so I was thrilled to find out there was going to be more from them.

There is no denying that these two have bucket loads of sexual chemistry together and despite their age difference they just work as a couple.

‘She’s beautiful and fierce and smart and one of the strongest women I’ve ever met.’ - Nathan

However, they have had different life experiences to bring into their relationship and some things that Nathan may be keen to embrace are not n
Jacqueline
Jul 28, 2016 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
This is a continuation of Nate and Adele' s story, picking up six months after the end of book one.

The couple have moved into domestic bliss, although still with that welcome bite of feral, wild smut. She's no longer his student, but they still have to be careful. Very quickly though, their relationship is tested.

I cannot lie, I usually avoid angsty books and this was super angsty. I'm glad I went in blind for, if I'd known, I'd have dodged this one and so missed out on a really moving, grippin
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Dec 21, 2015 Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I was very impressed and enjoyed the hell out of Tempting so I was eagerly awaiting Provocative. What made me enjoy Tempting was the two MC's Adele and Nathan and of course Alex Lucian's writing.
Provocative proved to be a terrific continuation and conclusion to Adele and Nathan's story.

Both Adele and Nathan showed me different sides of themselves this time around. Adele proved to be more than just a blonde with a feisty mouth. She had a bright head on her shoulders and felt more than she first
Jos
Mar 19, 2017 Jos rated it it was amazing
Shayna
Damn...just damn! Amazing work, yet again. I FLOVE this sexy, intense, and seductive series!

"Some people need air and food to survive. Not us, Adele. We need this. We need each other, just like this."

Adele and Nathan are back, and their relationship is as intense as ever. No longer forbidden, but no less naughty as hell, PROVOCATIVE still pushed all the right buttons. There is no question about their loyalty or the love that they share, but that doesn't automatically grant them a happily ever
Feb 18, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Waiting for this book was torture, but reading it... I felt many emotions that when I finished I was staring at my Kindle wondering how the heck I was going to recover once again after reading Alex's words.

Since I read Tempting it's been a journey to discover the worlds that Alex create, I can't stress enough how much I love his books, and how much I love student/teacher romances. Man, he always does it. It's like magic pouring out of your Kindle filling your heart and body.

The journey with Nath
Tara
Jul 17, 2016 Tara rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the tempting series , the third book does not need to be read but the first book needs to be read which is called tempting .

Provocative is exquisitely heartbreaking and also beautifully written. This book will make your kindle go so hot that it will combust .

This story follows the couple Nathan and Adele. Nathan and Adele are one of my favourite couples of the books that I read to do with a professor and student book.

Nathan and Adele's chemistry is so hot and I love
☮ mary
The first book was pretty bad but nothing prepares you for the complete cluster fuck of this story, having an emotionally unstable hero whose cowardice is second nature is never a good idea in romance novels.
Selene

This was an emotional and dramatic read! I loved these characters but the separation and fighting dragged on a tad bit too long. Otherwise, I enjoyed the humor and the author's writing style!
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
Jan 11, 2017 Lucie Lu's Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Alex Lucian is an instant 1click for me. This author's book just keeping getting better and better. I loved this series and couldn't wait to see where Nathan and Adele's relationship was heading, and it didn't disappoint.

A fantastic series that I recommend to all my bookworms. ❤
Sasha Brümmer
Aug 08, 2016 Sasha Brümmer rated it it was amazing
Yet another incredible novel by Lucian. Alex knows how to stir up my emotions, and I blame the puddle tears I'm trying to get through on Provocative. Thank you for adding onto Adele's and Nathan's story.
Chele'
Apr 07, 2016 Chele' rated it really liked it
ALEX!! My anticipation for this book was SO high and Alex Lucian did NOT disappoint!! I was extremely excited when I heard I would be getting more of Nathan and Adele!! I fell so HARD for their love story in Tempting!!

Right from the beginning I was sucked in!! I was like, "whaaaaat, for reals? Are you kidding me!!" It's so hard for me to review because I definitely don't want to give anything away. What I will say is that I went through a kaleidoscope of emotions. What Nathan and Adele felt, I
Jamie Lynn
Alex Lucian has vastly become one of my favorite authors. Starting with the debut of Tempting, and then Leo’s book Beguiling, and now with the new release and continuation of Adele and Nathan’s story in Provocative!

I fell in love with Nathan and Adele’s depth of character in the beginning and let’s face it. Who does not love a good Teacher/Student romance? The chemistry between the two was completely off the charts hot one second, and so heart constricting I couldn’t bear to read on, the next.
Gleidis
Feb 04, 2017 Gleidis rated it liked it
This is the finale to Adele and Nathan's story.
It was good and they struggle with situations a "may/december" couple would struggle with.
Alex Lucian new when to add the sexy and when to add the pain that's been forged into this character's stories since the beginning.
On the other side, I would have like to know more about Adele's writing career, something that was a main key to the first book's plot, and there were things that weren't explained, like from where was Adele getting the little mo
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane Book Blog)
Adele and Nathan are back, hotter and more intense than ever. Provocative is book two of the duet, you will want to read Tempting first to better understand their relationship.

Nathan is now working at Harvard and spending late nights keeping up with his new position. When life throws Adele and Nathan a curve ball it changes everything. It's a roller coaster ride of promises, letdowns and heartfelt emotions.

Adele maybe young but she's strong and feisty. She finds herself in an unfortunate situa
Jeannine
Oh what a great conclusion to Nathan and Adele's story. This whole series is really good, I've really enjoyed reading all 3. I feel like each story gets better and better.

There was a bag full of emotions with this book. Pain, loss, hurt and need. But there was also growth, happiness and buckets of love. Lots of love and hot sexy times with those two. There's just something about Adele that makes me still feel all wishy-washy, I don't know. I do know that I am for sure all about Nathan. Got some
Socially Book Nerd
I was given a free copy for an honest review. Provocative really does describe this book, The title suits and sets the tone for the whole book. I like the "real" life issues Nathan and Adele face and in learning how to communicate and love on another. Lots of Sexy time, steamy scenes and real life drama.
Romance Book Addict
Jul 16, 2016 Romance Book Addict rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Love love loved! Was so happy to get more of Nathan and Adele
Sara
Jul 18, 2016 Sara rated it liked it
3 Stars

Probably not a good idea to read this book while in a bad mood. It didn't help any with improving my mood. The writing is good. But, I didn't like the storyline.
O.M.G. What.Did.I.Read!!!!!!
Sweet story line. Excellent writing. Loved the characters.
Sydney Hancock
Mar 29, 2016 Sydney Hancock rated it it was amazing
5+ Stars!!!

“Provocative”: Stimulating, incendiary, confrontational.

All apt words to describe Alex Lucian’s third book in the Tempting series. This is NOT a standalone and book one in the series, Tempting, must be read first. As Tempting is a great story in itself, this is no hardship. Provocative is a highly emotional, angst ridden, hangover inducing read that I could not put down. I didn’t know what to do with myself after finishing it. I didn’t want to even start reading a new book (blasphemy
Toni
Mar 04, 2017 Toni rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Liv
4.5 Stars and lots of Love for this book!

I was so interested in reading this book, that I didn't really pay attention to the tiny detail that this was already the third book in the Tempting Series. But even though I haven't read the first book I was captured by this story from the beginning. The writing was so entertaining that it pulled me in from the first page.
The cover and the blurb led me to think of something completely different (though I have no idea why) and this book was not at a
Vox
Jul 21, 2016 Vox rated it it was amazing
When Alex Lucian first introduced you to Nathan and Adele in [[ASIN:B018FLYLJG Tempting (The Tempting Series Book 1)]], it appeared that theirs would be a happy ending. It's a good thing, then, that Lucian is such an astute writer, one who realizes that these two are going to face some challenges.

For one thing, there is the age gap. It doesn't bother Adele, but Nathan clearly has some sensitivity there. He doesn't want anyone to know the truth about how his and Adele's relationship began, even t
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Mission: Improper (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #1)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Split
  • Temptation's Edge (Sons of Temptation, #2)
  • Riding Him (Ghost Riders MC, #5)
  • Off Limits
  • Valentine's Kisses (Winter Kisses, #2)
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • Managed (VIP, #2)
  • Anti-Stepbrother
  • Wilder (The Renegades, #1)
  • Change of Heart (Fostering Love, #2)
  • Going Down Easy (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Neighbor Dearest
  • There's Fire (Jameson Sisters, #2)
  • Bossman
  • Burn Down the Night (Everything I Left Unsaid, #3)

Tempting (5 books)
  • Tempting (Tempting, #1)
  • Beguiling (Tempting, #2)
  • Addicted (Tempting, #4)
  • The Tempting Series: Books 1-4: Tempting, Beguiling, Provocative, Addicted