Start by marking “Heng Mountain” as Want to Read:
Heng Mountain

Read Book* *Different edition

Heng Mountain

In the seventeenth century guardians protected China's most precious secrets - teachings that could change the course of its history. When the Manchu tribe invade and march to the Great Wall of China, the legends of these secrets send Jun, a young man from the southern Hunan province, to find and protect them. From the first day his mother had held Jun, she wanted to share ...more
Published March 19th 2016 by Silverwood Books

To ask other readers questions about Heng Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heng Mountain

Start your review of Heng Mountain
Jasmine Stanfield
Heng Mountain is a fascinating story of love, war and secrets hidden in China; Heng Mountain takes you on young man's compelling fight for the freedom of his people. Throughout the enchanting journey, he uses his late mother's wisdom to guide him over falling friendships, testing battles and the tough choices he faces.
As the story unfolds each chapter brings a fresh turn in the plot, keeping you guessing all the way through, with an array of emotions to both put you on edge and warm your heart.
Pearl Kirkby
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received Heng Mountain as a winner of the Goodreads Giveaway!

While I was able to thoroughly immerse in the battle scenes, including the one-on-one and escaping-danger ones, it was difficult to identify with most of the characters, including the protagonists, Jun and Ling...not because they were uninteresting, but more because we just never really get to know them, except as they interact during their battles.

It is not always an easy thing to remember that, even though the writer is well
John Cole
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A rich and thought provoking novel with sub-plots and intrigue throughout. Deep and cultural, Heng Mountain keeps the reader involved as the characters and the plot builds and develops. The pace is well maintained and leaves you fascinated with the imagination and tradition that runs through the book. I could read this again and still discover more. Looking forward to the next adventure
Toni House
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heng Mountain is a fast paced gripping story of the magical journey of Heng Mountain. The author does an admirable job of weaving the Chinese culture into the characters’ lives that when I started reading the book I didn’t put it down until I was finished. I also find the cover to fit the story perfectly. If you want something to entertain you on a very different level and learn something new in the process. The book would be a good read for the summer. I do however really like the cover.
Deria Stevens
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this in a giveaway, great read , thank you
Barbara
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, 2017
3/5. I received a free copy of this book through the Goodreads giveaway.

"Heng Mountain" tells the story of Jun- a young man living in China in the seventeenth century. When the emperor's forces come to destroy his village, Jun, his best friend/rival Ling and several other men in the village mount a successful attack that ultimately brings the full force of the emperor's army in search of them. Determined to save themselves and further their rebel cause, Jun and his followers end up in a temple
Clare
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I won this book in a good reads giveaway. I found the book hard to get into and the characters difficult to identify with. The story just did not grasp me to want to read more.
Melinda
I received a free copy through Goodreads.
---
I had high hopes for this book, unfortunately it fell short of its potential.

From the get go, everything goes by quickly. We meet Ling and Jun, two hot headed young men, who are determined to fight back against the new Emperor and protect their lands. But that leads to the army breathing down their necks. So the rebels are forced to go on the run for months.

There were no characters developments what so ever, each and every character was so one
Alicia
I'm indifferent and both enjoyed the story and didn't. It moved along at a pretty good pace, so that wasn't it-- I think I needed more background knowledge but it did try to teach me a thing or two. I enjoyed the connection and words of wisdom that inspired Jun and think that's what I can appreciate in stories from authors like Lisa See, because I learn something. Robinson strives to teach his readers something which I can appreciate though it was not in the vein of books I typically read.

Michelle Olms
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Mike Robinson
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dana
Mar 17, 2016
Snake
Apr 26, 2017
Mike Robinson
Dec 03, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Pat
Emma
Louise
Gemma
Feb 27, 2016
Mike Robinson has trained in Martial Arts for many years and has always been fascinated by the mystique surrounding them. When he found Wing Chun, a Chinese Martial art brought to the west from Hong Kong, he was immediately drawn to the legends of China's Animal Kung Fu. Later, having trained as a Jikiden Reiki Practitioner, which is an energy healing practice originating from Japan, Mike became ...more