Start by marking “Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1)

Harley

(West Coast Rock Star #1)

All of her life, Cadence "Cade" Williams has been lied to…

With her ailing father on his deathbed, a whispered secret sends Cadence’s life into a tailspin. Determined to either confirm or debunk her father’s claim, she sets out on a mission to grow close to the only man with evidence to set things straight. To do that, Cadence earns a position in an elite security firm owne
Published January 19th 2016 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Harley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harley

Kate's Corner
I am a sucker for a man with kids. And this was no different. This is a really sweet story and it was a pick me up that I needed. 3 ‘I wanted more’ Stars.

Cadence ‘Cade’ Williams is on a mission. She moves from New Jersey to Vancouver to see if Mac from Mackinley Security is really her father but Mac doesn’t trust her but employs her anyway. Her first assignment is a high profile case. Cade becomes a bodyguard. Or babysitter depending on what way you view it.

Cade and Harley forge a strong connect
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say I was surprised by this book. I didn't quite expect that the character I loved the most was a, eight year old child. A child that Cade was hired to protect. I loved the connection between these two, it was immediate and just what Harley needed. Given her mother's behavior, she really needed a positive role model in her life and Cade was perfect.

Jax seemed to want to do right by his daughter, now that her mother didn't want her. I liked him well enough, but he needed time to
Erica
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely was hooked from start to finish. The way Cade came in and brought Harley out of her shell and showed not only her but also Harleys dad Jax a rock star god what love was truly about. Story line was well written character development was great over all an absolutely amazing book. You wont be disappointed.
Mandy hawkins
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story, looking forward to reading more in the series.
Monica
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually a sweet story. Its not your typical rock and roll bad boy story. Not at all and honestly I hate those lol. I read this because I discovered this author during a Facebook event and loved the video for her book.

Harley was such an enchanting child. She's different and very wise beyond her years. She's far more mature than a typical 8 year old little girl should be. She does have a heart condition and that has a lot to do with the way she is and her mother Fiona is God awful. I me
J.E.
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I've been looking forward to reading Harley for sometime now. And I can thankfully say that the patience has paid off (plus the paperback version is a gorgeous addition to my book shelf!)

Michelle's writing and way with words really brings the story of Cade, Jax and Harley to life and it's a thrilling, emotional, and in some places steamy read that I couldn't put down, nor did I want it to end.

There is sizzling chemistry between Cade and Jax (who by the way is so very swoon-worthy) and I really e
Coco.V
Sep 09, 2017 marked it as to-read
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/22/2019)! 🎁
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Not your standard rock star romance

I liked it this much:

This story wasn’t the standard rock star either meets woman and is attracted to her and gets her to go on tour with him or woman joins rock tour in some work capacity and falls for rock star. In his story, the fact that the guy was a rock star was sort of background information. It was important to the story but it wasn’t the biggest part of the story.

I enjoyed the book quite a bit because it focused on the relationships. Jackson “Jax” is
Jamie Ellis
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it

This was my first read by this author and I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read, awesome storyline, and loved little Harley. I really liked that it wasn't all sex and drugs this book had substance.
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Suzy Baba
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I literally devoured this book in one day.
Jo-Anne
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won, own
Cade needed to find out who her father really was so she moved from New Jersey to Vancouver to find the man she believed to be her father. That man was Mac who owned Mackinley Security. He treated Cade very badly but gave her a job anyway. He finally gave her an assignment to be the bodyguard of a rock star's daughter. She was so happy to get the high profile assignment that she didn't let the idea that she was more like a babysitter than bodyguard bother her.

Cade was a bodyguard to Harley - a v
Jayne
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bodyguard meets rock star.

Cadence 'Cade' Williams works for Mackinley Security. Her first assignment, after being there for 2yrs, is to babysit/bodyguard a rock stars 8yr old daughter, Harley.
Although Harley's 8 she's small for her age due to a congenital heart defect that's affected her growth but everything else about her has aged her. Not only is she the daughter of a hot rock God but a nasty piece of work mother too. Neither have had or made the time for her.
Jackson 'Jax' Clark is the rock G
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Well, it took me a minute to figure out which way this story would go. Harley is the one who is being protected by Cade. Harley's dad is a rock star. The hot single rock star dad was interesting. He was learning on the go how to be a parent and famous rock star. In reality I think all parents are the same way with their first kid. I can't imagine getting full custody later in the child's life and trying to figure it out.

Cade came into this job for a reason. This had me guessing for a while. I d
Pragati Chaudhari
Okay, there are no words for this, but I'm going to try.
I love this. I adore this. I think it's gorgeous, sensational, phenomenal, mind blowing, beautiful and whatever such adjectives you guys can think of.
Michelle is an absolute genius! The way she's written this story gave me goosebumps. For real.
All the characters are so well portrayed and they have their distinguished, individual voices. The descriptions and the scenes flow oh - so very smoothly. Also, the story develops at a fast pace whic
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blog-tour, xpresso
Harley is the first book I have read by Michelle Jo Quinn and is a stand alone with a HEA. Like the blurb above says its about a little girl, her rock star dad and her female bodyguard/caretaker. I normally tend to shy away from a book where a child is considered the main character in the storyline that falls into the “romance” genre but this one just sounded too good to pass up.
Harley was really quite an enjoyable read. I fell for her dad Jax from the beginning. He was sweet, sexy and pursued C
Liz Gavin
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

As a writer and an avid reader of everything romance, I had many expectations when I picked this book. And a few apprehensions as after reading so many books one tends to think all romance stories are similar. On the contrary, this book is refreshingly unique. Honestly, this is the first romance book I read named after a child. I thought it odd at first but Harley won me over. Having worked in schools for over twenty years, I h
Emily
Jan 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nope. Nope. Nope. Bad.

Cade is a bodyguard working for a man she thinks is her father. Her new assignment is 8 year old Harley who has a heart defect. Her father is rock star Jax. Cade and Jax meant and boom love at first sight. Dawdy Cade makes Jax feel things he's never felt before. From one encounter. And then they're making out. Cade forms an instantaneous bond with Harley too. Cade is just this perfect girl that everyone trips over to fall in love with. And Harley is the worlds smartest 8 y
Allie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
I really dont like to write negative reviews of books, but this was a no for me. There was no connection with H and h whatsoever. Harley was written weird, she was a 30 year old stuck in an 8 year old body. I literally forgot Harley's age at times because of how she acted. I get it that her mom was a POS but still it was just off. I felt the book skipped around a lot, at one point I thought I skipped some pages when in fact I did not that was the story. I honestly said "huh" and "wait what" thro ...more
She Hearts Books
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so loved the relationship between Cade and Harley. Such a sweet little girl that brings out the best in Cade as she shows her how to be a kid and enjoy life. Attached to this sweet girl is is hot rocker Jax who wants Cade for so much more than protection for his daughter. They both fall in love with Cade, but he will have to fight for her heart. I so enjoyed their story.

I give Harley 4 hearts!
Kerry Richardson
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a decent book with good likeable characters, especially Harley the 8 year old girl who acted way older than she was. It was fairly predictable but I thought the reason for Cade taking the job took too long to be explained. Overall it was a good read.
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Actual rating 3.5

I've been dying to read this since I saw the cover when it was released. However, with my out of control tbr pile I could never find the time to buy it since it would have sat on my kindle unread. However, I happened to come across it on a free day on Amazon and couldn't resist downloading it. It renewed my interest in the book and I had to make time for it.

Harley is a mixed bag of emotions for me. On one had I enjoyed it. For the most part it was a sweet read with a little roma
Lisa
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Jo Quinn writes a story that flows so smooth, once you start it, you don’t want to stop and it pulls you along for the ride.

A bad boy rock star and his bodyguard? Ok but what I loved the most is getting Harley’s perspective as well as she was the most important component. I would love to read a story in the future about Zee and Juliette as well. And the other band members. Give me more!
I received an arc of this.
Betty
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Harley is the first book I have read by Michelle Jo Quinn. When I read the description of "a little girl, her rock star dad and her female bodyguard/caretaker", I was expecting the usual bad boy rocker romance. Not this book, however. This was a great storyline with excellent pace as well as loveable characters. It was a surprise to find not only romance but also suspense mixed in to the drama. Highly recommend

SouthernAngel
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rocking A Difference:
A book with a difference, which I enjoyed, not your typical rock 'n roll romance story. This is a well written book with strong characters and a solid plot, it will have you shedding a tear yet also laughing. Harley, an Eight year old, Jax, the rocker who is Harley's dad, and Cade, Harley's bodyguard, form a unbreakable connection with each other.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Gina Quiroz
Unsure

Wasn’t my cup of tea so might be a little tougher on the review. I just didn’t “feel the love” in this book. Just felt rushed I guess. I was thrown off with Harley’s POV. Since that’s the title I suppose she’d have just as big a part in the book as Cade and Jax. Just wasn’t for me. Give me more love and passion.
Denise
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Harley is the daughter of a rock star who has been ignored or mistreated most of her young life. Finally she is brought out of her shell by Cade, her bodyguard. They form a unbreakable connection with each other. That is, until his" EX", his personal assistant, and the tabloids get in the way. Its a sweet story complete with insta-love and a HEA.
Sonia
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story told in Harley's perspective, an 8 year old girl. She is the heart of the story. She wants her father and Cade to fall in love. She wants a family. It's the rock star and the bodyguard who turn each other's world's upside down and the little girl they would do anything for.
Victoria
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's an enjoyable read. It's sweet and will pull at your heartstrings. It's well written with characters you will love especially Harley. I loved the special bond and relationship between Cade and Harley. Looking forward to reading more. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Sarah Green
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was a lovely gem I came across. At the time it was free, but definitely worth paying for. I loved everyone's P.O.V. Harley, was old beyond her years. Jackson and Cafe, had a great connection. So well written.
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
cool book

this is a story of a rock star trying to be a good father and ends up meeting the one woman he cant live without. can they work things out. can she find out who her father was? what will happen next?
« previous 1 3 next »

• Protecting His Rockstar (Deuces Wild, #1)
  • Southern Rocker Boy (Southern Rockers, #1)
  • A Face in the Crowd (The Survival of the Fittest #1)
  • Collide (Worlds Collide Book 1)
  • When He Came Back
  • Tangled Love on Pelican Point (Island County #3)
  • The Hysterics (The Hysterics #1)
  • Knock Out (Reynolds Security, #3)
  • Rockstar Romance
  • Lily's Outlaw (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #2)
  • Chance (Rusted and Reckless, #1)
  • Wrecked (Blind Man's Alibi #1)
  • Raining Down Rules
  • Mace (Lighthouse Security Investigations #1)
  • The Rock Star's Email Order Bride (Romance Island Resort, #2)
  • Love on the Rocks (Love on Tour, #1)
  • Tangled Up In You (Rogue Series, #1)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
Michelle is addicted to romance. She believes in happily ever afters and loves writing about couples who get there.

When not writing, she props her feet up on her favorite lounger and binges on Netflix shows, or reads one or two books at the same time. She enjoys red wine, dark chocolate, cake, and can talk your ears off about delicious food. Travelling is high on her list, whether alone, with frie