Welcome! It looks like you still need
to set up your Goodreads account.
Start by marking “Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)” as Want to Read:
Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)

Summer Shadows

(Benedict-Savant #6)

Summer lives under a terrible shadow. It drains her, manipulates her and threatens to steal her future.

A high-stakes mission offers a temporary escape. She must use her mind-shadowing abilities to hunt down her target and find the truth.

Hal Robinson is a soldier. He does not get distracted. He wins. But what Hal wants begins to shift once he meets Summer.
266 pages
Published July 7th 2016

Nas
Jan 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
PLEASE BE VICTOR'S BOOK
Katerina
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I need VICTOR'S story now. Most compelling character so far!!
Rose Charpentier
I'm disappointed

I expected so much more... It was kind of cute but also kind of boring...
Chloe
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Somehow I managed to pick up an early copy of Summer Shadows in my local book shop, screaming with excitement I ran to the till to purchase, rushed home, and cracked open the cover as soon as I possibly could. I have been a fan of this book series for about 5 years, picking up Finding Sky and Stealing Phoenix straight away, then year after year reading the others. I have read and re-read this series more than any other, basically I love it! And I must say, Summer Shadows was in no way a let down ...more
Ferdy
Didn't like it. Summer was a classic YA doormat. She let people walk all over her all the bloody time. It didn't help that Hal, the love interest, was a sexist douchey pig.
I swear Summer spent 90% of her time saying sorry for things that weren't her fault. The Benedicts, her friends, and Hal guilted her into helping out in all kinds of dangerous situations, they kept putting her in danger but she was the one who kept apologising to them when things went wrong, when it should have been the other
K.K. Summer
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
Oh man, I really loved the last book in the series <3 I loved Hal, and Summer .. and Hal was really hot I think :D he was quite my type and I loved the chemistry between him and summer! And there was action and friendship and hardship and yeh just everything I love in this series <3
Martha
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this series back in 2013 (yep, came a little late to the party), Finding Sky, Stealing Phoenix and Seeking Crystal were all released. I read Stealing Phoenix before Finding Sky because hey, it looked more interesting. Then Finding Sky and then went on an epic hunt to track down a copy of Seeking Crystal before joining everyone else in waiting for MORE

It was a cruel wait.....

And now we can all cry together as Joss finishes with (dare I say) the best book in the
Kelsey van Dillen
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is really one of my favorite series ever! Every part is just so awesome. I have a bad feeling this really is the last part, which makes me kind of sad. I will miss the benedicts and the savants realm.
Priss
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5. Ahh, Ms Stirling's books always make me feel so happy. This was so good!
Maud
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finale
Most definitely my favourite book in this series. Wow, just... Wow!

Yves will always be my favourite Benedict brother/love interest but Summer definitely beat Crystal off her favourite female spot! Favourite relationship is a tie between Skye & Zed and Summer & Hal.

It has been such a long long long time since I was able to connect and see myself in a character. And not just her situation reminds me of mine as a teenager but also some of the things that she says cou
Tiffany Heywood
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how i love this series and this book was no expectation. This series is very much focused around romance which I'm a sucker for. I fell in love with summer as a character. I felt that even though she had so much waying her down in her life she didn't let it stop her from doing the right thing. She was definatley strongwilled and stood up for herself against Hal in the beginning. Hal was a character which at first was really uptight and unlikeable but i definetly grew to him as the book carrie ...more
Lotte Van Herreweghe
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Summer, it was nice meeting you!
Michelle Moonen
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I pre-ordered this book from bookdepository and somehow got it early! I screamed when I got it in the mail. This is by far my favourite book of this series and Summer is so amazing!! Joss pretty pretty please never stop writing in this world, I will forever read and re-read these books!
Hila
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to say that this is probably one of the more well-written ones with characters with a bit more realistic depth and grit, rather than the crime novel sort of backgrounds of the previous books' protagonists. Although structurally better, I felt that it lacked some of the of the much-needed pizzazz from the other books that made them worth reading. The only point in the book where you really felt it was (view spoiler) ...more
Gergana
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The storyline was absolutely identical with the other five books from the series. Girl, random boy, they find out they are soul mates, the bad guy kindap the girl, then the good guy saves her and they love each other for everlasting times. I knew what was going to happen even before I started reading the book. I liked it though, just like the previous books from the Bedenicts' series.
Margreet Kloosterman
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where Angel Dares was mweh, this one was amazing! I really enjoyed Summer :)
Nayeli
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, incredible, amazing, spectacular, never the same, totally unique!!!
*FYI estoy haciendo citando el meme de Lady Gaga lol*
Fluffy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
So I've finished this one and though the story is sweet and it had me soaring through I think I'd built it up in my head so am a tad disappointed...

The writing is good (as always). It always amazes me how all the characters can have their own flow and thought characteristics. The language was interesting. It's really skilled authorship, I think.

The story line was interesting, though it didn't really take the turns I was hoping for. Some things felt a little rushed and the ending was
Ajita
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Summer’s one summer away from entering her senior year. Her two best friends have found their Soulmates, her father’s trying to control her and her mother is a Savant vampire, someone who lives of off other people’s emotions. When she is handed the opportunity to leave the country to help the Benedicts with a very important, personal mission, she strikes a deal with her dad, promising to apply to a college in London if he let’s her go.

I think this is really the last Benedict/Savant b
Jacqui Hale
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Joss Stirling (Julia Golding) is one of my favourite YA authors. I met her last week and she is just lovely. This is the last book in the Finding Sky series and, after finishing it, I feel like I've lost a friend! Another excellent book full of action, adventure and romance. The characters from all of the previous books make an appearance. This book will make you laugh and cry and you won't be able to put it down. If you haven't read any of this series yet then please pick up Finding Sky and int ...more
Maria
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Summer Shadows takes us back to the savant world and how nice it was to revisit. But that is all – nice. I felt Summer and Hal’s relationship lacked the chemistry and closeness than all the other savant couples have. I wish Joss Stirling would have explored Summer’s family and their interactions more because that is when Summer felt the realest, more human and relatable.

Alas, I will still keep reading Joss Stirling’s books. She is a wonderful writer and I love the worlds and characters she creates.
Celine
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooo goood! I love Summer so much, her character is amazing! I loved how we finally got to see Viktor happy, he deserves atoosa so much! Also, damnnn Hal is a cutie! I loved all the nicknames he gave summer and how cute and protective he was about her.
I can't believe this is the last book.. I wish Joss Stirling could write savant books forever! I really hope she'll keep surprising us with short story's like the one's about Zed, Yves and Xav.
Marie Nielsen
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a perfect ending for the series! I loved that you got to meet The Seer and almost every other bad savant guy in the series.
I just pray that Stirling will hurry up and write more stories like Challenging Zed!!
Kitty Heppenstrijdt
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Definitly one of the best. Just so so good
Fiona M
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have such a soft spot for these books. They are so great when I just need something short, fun and exciting. Glad to see Summer get her happy ending also
Paopiggy
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Just realized I didn't rate the other books. I loved Crystal and Xav's story the most. This one.. I had issues with Hal.
Fidah
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sia
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sarah Portlock
A mission to save a friend, eh? This premise sounded so interesting that I just had to pick it up. Seeing as I loved Joss Stirling writing as her actual self (Julia Golding), how could I not support one of my favourite authors?

Likes
*The mission - just flipping amazing. If you do not know what the mission is, then, READ IT ALREADY!
*Hal's nicknames for Summer - come on, how could you not fall for Hal's dusky charms?
*The Savants - before now, I've never really experienced the pl/> ...more
Anna Di
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The last chapter of this amazing book series was utterly good and enjoyable from start to finish.
I loved Summer's storyline - we can finally see her backstory and understand her behaviour.

I can't believe it's the end for The Savants and the Benedicts, I'm seriously going to miss them all so much I really didn't want to finish this book.

Don't you just hate it when a brilliant series/book is ending??

Nevertheless All good stories come to an end eventually.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Die Stunde der Lilie (Lilien-Reihe, #1)
  • Der Spiegel von Feuer und Eis
  • Das Blut des Dämons (Dawn & Julien, #3)
  • Dawn (Dusk, #2)
  • When Zoey Fell Too Far
  • Drummer Girl
  • Die vierte Braut
  • Soul Mates (Soul Mates, #1)
  • Elbenschwert (Die Legende von Camelot, #2)
  • Water & Air
  • The Reviled (The Dark Fey Trilogy #1)
  • Dead and Not Buried
  • Whispers of Shadow & Flame
  • Ascheherz
  • Aschenkindel
  • Emily and the Scot (The MacLaughlins, #2)
  • War With Love (Young Assassins, #2)
  • Edward - Auf den ersten Blick
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado.

In a second series, Struck, Joss begins a new world of detective romance. The f

Benedict-Savant (6 books)
  • Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
“I'm feeling pretty spectacular right now,' I admitted.
'You are pretty spectacular,' he agreed.”
0 likes