Start by marking “The "Forget You" Brew” as Want to Read:
The "Forget You" Brew

The "Forget You" Brew

For 20-year old Kyle Thomson, nothing in the world is more terrifying than the prospect of telling Allison Jeon that he loves her. That is, until he finds out that this mystical café in a peculiar place called Nowheretown had served her a cup of afforgeto—a brew for forgetting—a drink she ordered intending to forget him. Hoping to reverse the spell, Kyle reluctantly teams ...more
Published November 28th 2015 by Tara Frejas

To ask other readers questions about The "Forget You" Brew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The "Forget You" Brew

Neil (or bleed)
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Short but sweet. Whimsical. Beautiful.

I'm not really into romance but this book, somehow, does satisfy my craving. Probably, because of the fantasy elements in this novella. But, I do think I will still enjoy reading The "Forget You" Brew even we remove these elements of fantasy. Because, really, there is something about the story, about the writing that I found appealing and wonderful. It's refreshing and it made me smile.

For the fantasy elements, well, it is lacking in terms of the world build
Lisa

I find the simple writing refreshing, the plot unique, and the concept of magical brews really entertaining. However, I cared less about Kyle and Allison but instead found myself more intrigued with the story of the side characters Tim and Likha.
Natalie
delightfully quick, intriguing read!
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
What a sweet, beautifully imagined book. The romance could have been perfectly ordinary but the elements of whimsy and magical realism made it completely extraordinary.
danicatalyst
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
short, yet sweet. ♥
Karla (leersucks)
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aw well this was such an adorable read! This story is full of cuteness, really. And I loved the whole coffee-exactly-for-what-you-need thing. Honestly, I just love the universe we discover in this story!

My only problem was, as it always is whenever I read novellas, it was too short! Of course I did get into the story but I would have loved to have more time in it, to get more lost in atmosphere and more invested in the characters. This is a problem I'll always have with novellas. They're just no
Imogene Dacanay
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
BOOK REVIEW: The "Forget You" Brew by Tara Frejas

**Thank you Tara Frejas for sending me a review copy of your book The "Forget You" Brew.**

I don't remember how it happened, I was just reading the book, and next thing I know, I'm closing it with a smile plastered on my face, it's as if I'm floating. I actually think that I look like a smiling dog.

Kyle Thompson, lover boy, more like a secret lover. He doesn't have the guts to tell Allison how he really feels. For him, telling her means suicide. T
Aira Irish
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love it.

It's sweet and magical. I love the concept. I'm amazed how the author came up with this masterpiece. I have to guess it's all for the love cafe and coffee. Yes, no one could refused that. Hahaha

It's a must read if you're looking for something new to read that its out of your usual reads then this tale is for you.
Jay Tria
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Frejas book, and reading it pretty much sealed the deal that she will be on my auto-buy list from here on out. The author is born to write urban fantasy, as proven by her debut effort, Paper Planes Back Home (but that's a different review altogether). The depth of her imagination grabs you from the first page. It feels real and magical at the same time, and it's the kind of strong pull that moves you to turn the page, to hungrily go through each word and navigate through each pl ...more
Jeremae
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't really believe in love at first sight, but I guess I fell in love with this book the first time I saw it. The cover is gorgeous, the title is so intriguing, and the sypnosis really reels you in.

It's a special book, I promise you. It's short, sweet, and magical.

The world Ms. Tara created, Nowheretown is so wonderful. I can't find words to describe how lovely and fantastically creative it is. It has a cafe that makes drinks to give you courage or make you forget, it has memory banks, won
Nica
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I won a paperback copy of this book from a giveaway*
This is such a short read and you can read it in one sitting!
So this is a fantasy book. I like the fact that there’s a real world that coexists with a fantasy world/place—nowheretown. And the place actually sounds real! I wanna go there and see Tim… I’m not fond of drinking coffee but this book made me want to drink coffee…specifically from Kaipuhan café. *winks* Okay, other café will do, too.
I also like that there’s not just one love story in
kb
I put off reading this because 1) I don't enjoy coffee that much so I tend to avoid stories that *pay tribute* to the beverage, and 2) I wasn't sure if I was comfortable with the fact that this, too, was fantasy, just like the author's debut novel, Paper Planes Back Home , and that it came right after it, too. To be frank, I was a little afraid I was not going to like it, that maybe all the magic had been used up in PPBH.

Continue reading below!

(view spoiler)
Mabel
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***UPDATE: Complete review now up on my book blog : https://goo.gl/XGOQe0

Short and sweet. For such a short book it made me fall in love with all the characters, both the main and supporting ones. Although there are some questions left unanswered, I hope a follow-up book is in the works (ehem! Haha). The imaginative Nowheretown with its colorful characters captured my heart. How I wish my feet would bring me to Kaipuhan café, have a chat with the badass barista and drink my fill of afforgeto.
Brynne
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super adorable novella complete with coffee and bunnies. I can't wait to read the prequel and hope that it'll be just as fun and sweet as this one.
Fay
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The "Forget You" Brew is one book I'll always remember for breaking my heart and putting it back together. Crossing paths with this book at that point in my life is like destiny - this book called to me during the #AprilFEELSday and I just had to buy it.

Thank you, Ms. Tara, for writing this book. I will certainly read more books from you. :)

Full review on my book blog: http://wp.me/p4gfJt-zg (Will be up on June 21!)
 Jera
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Coffee and bunnies. <3 Tara you have done it again, giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling after reading the book. If you love coffee, bunnies, with a dash of fantasy and adventure I suggest you read this book you'll love it. I really do hope that there'd be a sequel because I want moooore!
Chrissie Peria
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun whimsical story that's a must-read for rabbit fans. And fans of romance with a dash of fantasy. And for fans of coffee. And fans of puns. Because coffee names with puns, right?

*pulls out her favorite "Affogattotellyou," schtick*
Ellis
This was really sweet - and yup, magical - and I love how Kyle and Allison's story intersected with that of Lakhi and Tim. This particular plot also serves as a great Imagine Your OTP headcanon.
Hermie Grace
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
It's refreshingly sweet and cute.. :3❤
Cathleene
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short, yet sweet. I'm craving for moooooore ❤

“Do you know what happens to stories that never get told?”
“They fade away, Kyle.”
“They’re forgotten, and then they fade away.”
Amanda
2.5 stars, rounding up

It pains me to give this book such a low rating! Tara Frejas has written some of my favorite #romanceclass books/characters, so I know she's capable of much better. This book felt like it had the bones of a good story, and she's very creative. But the length was too short to really pull it off, IMO. The worldbuilding was juuuuust getting started. There wasn't enough background to Kyle and Allison's story--very few scenes with them together, in fact--to the point where I was
Catherine Dellosa
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
If there's one thing wrong about this incredibly original story, it's that it left me wanting more. The world is so enchanting that I never want to stop reading about it! (Spin-offs, please?) The heart yearns to see Kyle and Allison work it out, but I also found myself rooting for Tim and Likha. The rich history and culture of the environment made me imagine live-action movie versions of the scenes too. I really, really hope the author can write a whole series set in this world; that'll definite ...more
Bookbed
This book is featured on Bookbed! Read our post here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contributor to Bookbed? Sign up here!
We also accept review requests. More info here.
Diep
A very short read, but so so sweet! Love how Kyle & Allison's story was intertwined with Likha & Tim's story.
anne
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5/5 - A bit lacking but not so typical, cute, super sweet, feel-good romance.
Jeanne
Mar 06, 2018
Gracie
Apr 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Tara Frejas is a cloud-walker who needs caffeine to fuel her travels. By day, she works in project management and events, and she writes down her daydreams at night. She began publishing fiction for public consumption in 2004, posting her pieces on various online channels like fan forums and Blogspot, eventually exploring other avenues like Livejournal, Soomp!, Tumblr, and most recently, Wattpad.

A