Start by marking “The Devil's Doorbell” as Want to Read:

The Devil's Doorbell

A woman's pleasure is a dangerous thing. A primal appetite that, once awakened, can never be sated. A secret that gives power to those who know it. A magic that, once unleashed, can never be contained.
Some say the clitoris is the devil's doorbell, set to summon him forth at the merest touch...

It's time to ring the bell.
Here are seven tales of sexual empowerment and erotic
ebook
Published April 26th 2016 by Smashwords Edition (first published March 31st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Doorbell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Doorbell

Baba
Overall rating 3.5 stars. Review posted March 18, 2016

photo oie_Gr2upSdRPJRU_zpsejlizdav.png
 photo oie_r3NMMTdy4Twz_zpspztptxn8.gif

4.5 stars to In the Garden by Anne Calhoun

My favorite of the anthology - loved it.

Very-well written in Anne's distinct sensual and beautiful voice, this shorty story provided sizzling and highly palpable chemistry and seriously great smexy times. I can never get enough of Anne's fabulous writing. When I start reading one of her stories, I'm hooked within a couple pages. She's the BEST. Yes, I'm biased and not even sorry. #win

“Arrogant smirk,
Jayme
It is good to have anthology in your store, if you feel like read a short smut stories. This anthology will make you blush, because the stories it contains are not only hot, but sometimes even on the edge of the suitability. They will make you a sinner.

I have read or looked through most of them. And I noticed that they are very different from each other. There are hot hook-ups or twisted relationships. All links the title The Devil's Doorbell and women who are not afraid to take what they desire
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
I'm super impressed with this erotic anthology. I'm not a big fan of anthologies, but I couldn't pass up a collection of dirty stories from these authors. They are done well. Almost all feature a heroine who is coming back from a bad divorce or break-up, and trying to find herself again. And each features mention of the devil's doorbell *wink* I highly recommend!

In the Garden by Anne Calhoun - What a great way to start off this erotic anthology. Kelsey travels to England to attend her best frien
Julie
The Devil’s Doorbell by various authors is a 2016 publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This anthology features seven short erotic tales by seven talented authors. For the sake of time, I’m going to review:

“We Are All Found Things” by M. O’Keefe.

After being robbed of some valuable work tools, and with rumors of other break ins in the area, Rennie, gives Luka a place to stay for free in exchange for keeping an eye on her place.

There is something very
Maria Rose
The Devil’s Doorbell is a collection of erotic stories, all about women’s empowerment in finding their own sexual pleasure. Each of them contains a cheeky reference to ‘the devil’s doorbell’ – a slang term used for the clitoris. Some of the stories end in hopeful notes that the characters in question may pursue a further relationship, but they are not romances with obvious ‘together and happy’ endings. All of them explore sexual boundaries in some fashion.

In The Garden by Anne Calhoun

This story
Sunny
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, a-erotica
ARC Review

Take a little walk on the wild side and enjoy the empowerment and freedom of exploring the Devil's Doorbell. With stories from some of my favorite erotica authors, the writing in this anthology is lush, appealing to the senses, and poignant. The characters are vulnerable and yet, by choosing to come out of their shells, they are empowered. I'm especially moved by Jeffe Kennedy's "Exact Warm Unholy" story. It's about a woman whose tries on various identities as she struggles to find out
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

THE DEVIL’S DOORBELL anthology is comprised of short stories from several amazing Erotic Romance authors. It’s very rare to have a book contain so many great authors working together like this so it’s a real treat. Although the writing styles are very different from story to story, they are all good in their own ways.

I’ve read all of these authors except for Megan Mulry and Molly O’Keefe but they are both authors who have been on my list to read for forever. So this was the perfect chance to t
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

“I remind you of the bit of rough that got away.”

If you fancy short sharp thrills then The Devil’s Doorbell does exactly that. As always with an Anthology some stories are more entertaining than others and some you connect better with- the characters, theme and so forth. This was the case for us here. We really enjoyed a few and on the whole it was a good filler when you just need that quick hit during the day.

What we enjoyed about The Devil’s Doorbell was the variety of content. There’s somet
Molly O'keefe
Mar 05, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey Devil's Doorbell is on sale!! 1.99 across all retailers! Go and get it!!

It's LIVE!!!! These stories are so exciting and dynamic and HOT! All in very different ways! Go and GET IT!!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Doorbell...?
Amazon print: http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Doorbell...
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebo...
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-...

This is an EXCELLENT anthology I am so thrilled to be a part of! My story is called We Are All Found Things... here's t
Saunders
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, anthology, erotic
I am not a great fan of anthology's - they leave me wanting more BUT this anthology was one of the best that I have read.

These are seven tales of sexual empowerment and erotic defiance with great writing and featuring a number of my favourite storytellers and some I haven't read before.

The Devil's Doorbell - well the blurb tells you what this means. . 4 ding dong stars from me.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
description

“I remind you of the bit of rough that got away.”

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I won't be reviewing all stories in this anthology...Let's start with Molly O'Keefe - she provided us with the ARC ☺

M. O'KEEFE - We are all found things:

Rennie's trying to forget her past; her mysterious new tenant is trying to keep his past a secret. But when Rennie finds out the truth about Luka she discovers as much about herself as she does her innocent lover.

description

This was such a short and adorable and sad little story.
Two people who've been through SO much in their lives. I won't tell you what
Amy Cousins
This anthology of erotic short stories includes some of my favorite authors under possibly the best title ever. I’ve read the Anne Calhoun, Jeffe Kennedy and Megan Mulry stories so far and I loved all three. Megan Mulry’s story is f/f, yay! (With, um, bonus players. *winks*) I’m always happy when collections mix up their gender pairings. More please! I also particularly enjoyed the mix of role-playing, dirty sex with strangers, and theology in Jeffe Kennedy’s story “Exact Warm Unholy.”
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
3.75 Stars

The Devil's Doorbell
is an anthology of seven erotic short stories by several different best-selling authors. I read all but one (which didn't seem to hold my interest). Books like these are great to pick up and read as fillers when you want that quick erotic fix but don't want to invest the next 8 hours to reading.

Probably my favorite in the book was by Molly O'Keefe called We Are All Found Things. Though less erotic than a few others in the book, it had a more emotional story about
Mskychick
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
In the Garden by Anne Calhoun - 4 stars
Exact Warm Unholy by Jeffe Kennedy - 4 stars
Huh. That was pretty deep, actually.
Red Leather by Delphine Dryden - 3-1/2 stars
Drowning on Dry Land by Megan Hart - 2 stars
Devil in the Dark by Christine d'Abo - 3-1/2 to 4 stars
London Calling by Megan Mulry - 2-1/2 stars
We Are All Found Things by Molly O'Keefe (writing as M. O'Keefe) - 4-1/2 stars
Krista
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Mix bag, but glad I picked it up.

Loved both Calhoun's and d'Abo's stories, was already smitten with the former and will definitely look at others for the latter. I found Kennedy's story interesting and will probably keep an eye on her writing. The others were either things that weren't for me or in two cases (Mulry and O'Keefe) I stopped reading because they didn't keep my interest.
Rebecca Wheeler
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a number of anthologies, but until now, have never actually read a single one of them. It was author Kristen Ashley who brought this anthology to my attention, with her glowing recommendation for those too busy to commit to a full length novel. This was Me, with end of year/preparations for Christmas/kids I had trouble staying on course with any book. It had a story from Anne Calhoune who I already loved, and Megan Hart was on my Want To Read list. So, Click!! And yes, I was able to read ...more
SmartBitches
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

The Devil’s Doorbell is an erotic anthology made up of seven stories by authors that I’ve heard of and/or read. The stories are all contemporary but they aren’t really connected, save for the explanation of “the devil’s doorbell.” Each story has some reference to the fact that “the devil’s doorbell” is another term for a woman’s clitoris.

Recently, I was going through a heavy reading slump and an anthology seemed exactly what I needed. I could read a shor
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
This anthology is a collection of hot erotic reads that will not only fire up your internal temps but will captivate you too! Each one of these authors provide excellent storytelling along with unique plots that are meant to make you think and get caught up in the pages. While I started to read this one story at a time, I soon found myself blocking out everything else and just reading.

Each story is special it is own way and they were all delightfully addicting! Focusing on the Devil’s Doorbell a
Beanimous
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Generally I am not a fan of anthologies, but this one is actually very good. My reservation towards anthologies, is because of its inconsistent quality and style of writing. Normally I will get one good writer and 7 other forgettable ones in one book. But, not this anthology, this one is actually consistently good throughout.

All in all a 4 star book, but as individuals, the rating for each author are as follows:

5 Stars - In the Garden by Anne Calhoun
5 Stars - Exact Warm Unholy by Jeffe Kennedy
MARQUETTA
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I normally don't read anthologies because most of the time, most of the novellas aren't that good. I saw a rave review about The Devil's Doorbell and decided to give it a chance. The first novella was kinda meh for me and I was worried that the rest would disappoint. So happy that I was wrong. All of the novellas were good. Some more than others. But as a whole, this is a great anthology and I definitely recommend that you read it. The stories don't end with the typical romance HEA. Some there's ...more
Heather Stanton
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
As with all anthologies, some stories worked for me and others not so much. I particularly liked Anne Calhoun's, Jeffe Kennedy's, and Molly O'Keefe's stories. Jeffe Kennedy's Exact Warm Unholy caught me completely off-guard with its unusual storyline and gut punch of emotion. The writing is absolutely lovely and, while I usually roll my eyes at reviews that talk about "all the feels," here it's an apropos description. I'm sniffly just thinking about it.
Valerie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly Good.

Okay, so I bought this book because it was cheeky and socially relevant. But I honestly hadn’t had any high hopes for it. Just a bit of fun, smutty, fantasy fulfillment in short story form. And it definitely filled that description, but it is also a ridiculously good and empowering read. The stories are all well written and arranged so they build on each other. The transition from story to story is smooth. And as a whole, this collection paints a portrait of empowered female se
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
A pretty good anthology - quite varied and featuring empowered women. Some I liked more than others.
Eleonora
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
4 stars to A Calhoun’s, J Kennedy’s and M Hart’s stories.
3 stars to M O’Keeffe’s story
2 stars to the others.
Madeline Iva
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
I don’t know how many ways to say this: buy this anthology now! THE DEVIL’S DOORBELL would be my vote for best anthology of 2016. Excellent writing. It was really a delight to read this anthology simply for the mastery of prose. Your head will sink into these stories like a freshly plumped pillow in a luxury hotel.

Classy as all git. I really liked the honest yet sophisticated attitudes towards women, men, and sex.

Hot as hell. Smexy sauce spurting everywhere. Mollie O’Keefe’s writing is new to me
Under the Covers Book Blog
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

THE DEVIL'S DOORBELL anthology is comprised of short stories from several amazing Erotic Romance authors. It's very rare to have a book contain so many great authors working together like this so it's a real treat. Although the writing styles are very different from story to story, they are all good in their own ways.

I've read all of these authors except for Megan Mulry and Molly O'Keefe but they are both authors who have been on my list to read for forever. So this was the perfect chance to tr

Katherine
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had no idea “the devil’s doorbell” was a euphemism for the clitoris. It’s a pretty awesome one. This is a great anthology. Definitely erotica, some romance. Strong writing all around.

In the Garden by Anne Calhoun (r Sep 23/16)
So very hot. A bittersweet interlude, which maybe, just maybe might become more. Really intense, excellent story.

Exact Warm Unholy by Jeffe Kennedy (r Sep 23/16) This one was tough to read, it's maybe, kinda a romance, but mostly it's about a woman who uses sex with str
Cynthia
All of the stories are sexually explicit, some more than others; and not romance - erotica - with maybe a HFN ending.

In the Garden by Anne Calhoun: 2 stars. A Wedding Party Hook-up trope.

Exact Warm Unholy by Jeffe Kennedy: 5 stars. A young woman unleashes her sexual appetites only when hiding behind different personas. I loved this one! It has an erotic/psychological feel to it. It'll leave you thinking about it long after you've turned the last page.

Red Leather by Delphine Dryden: 4.5 stars. A
Isabeau Delaunay
I found this collection to be pretty uneven, but ultimately worth it for two very strong stories. What binds the collection together is that they all use the phrase "the devil's doorbell" and center on a woman being in control of her pleasure. That's a promising enough theme, but of the seven stories, I only found two incredibly amazing (Megan Hart's Drowning on Dry Land and M O'Keefe's We Are All Found Things) and one pretty good (Jeffe Kennedy's Exact Warm Unholy). The rest, while well enough ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Reindeer Games: A Holiday Romance Anthology
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 3 (Pure Sin, #1.3)
  • Dressed to Kiss
  • The Heart of It
  • Summer Rain (Love in the Rain, #1)
  • Way Down Deep
  • Hot Shots
  • Craving Flight
  • Every Part of You: Tempts Me (Every Part of You, #1)
  • Midtown Masters (Sins in the City, #3)
  • Callie, Unwrapped (Play It Again, #1)
  • Forever Starts Tonight (Loving on the Edge, #6.5)
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Bet On Me (Bedroom Games, #3)
  • Gambled Away: A Historical Anthology
  • Burned (Miller Sisters, #2)
  • Lighting the Flames
  • At the Christmas Wedding
After doing time at Fortune 500 companies on both coasts, I found myself living in the suburbs of a small Midwestern city. The glamour of various cube farm jobs had worn off, so I gave up making a decent living to take Joseph Campbell’s advice and follow my bliss: writing romance.
“Some doors stay open until you close them.” 0 likes
“she felt as though she were suffocating. Drowning on dry land. Loving him had killed her, but she was taking a very long time to die.” 0 likes