Start by marking “Winter Wishes” as Want to Read:
Winter Wishes

Winter Wishes (The McGregor Brothers #3.5)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  2,304 Ratings  ·  263 Reviews
Lachlan McGregor and Kayla Moore have fought hard for their happily ever after, so one would think their first Christmas together would be a piece of sugarplum cake.

But even though the city of Edinburgh is absolutely magical during the holiday season and the sizzling duo has enough steam between them to make snow melt, Christmas often brings its own share of troubles.

Kay
87 pages
Published December 22nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Winter Wishes, please sign up.
Lisa Published December 22nd 2015 and only available for purchase until January 1st.

Christy
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 stars!

photo 5FB1A8C2-1E7F-476E-8582-078AFC165069_zpslooweaev.jpg

The Play by Karina Halle made my top 10 favorite books this year. I loved Lachlan, Kayla and their story so much. As soon as I saw their Christmas novella was available, I dropped what I was doing and started reading. I was not disappointed. It was special, heartwarming and magical. It also had some nice and steamy scenes!

This is Kayla's first Christmas with Lachlan. It's also her first Christmas in Scotland and her first Christmas without family near by. Her first Christmas without her
Brandi
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

An entertaining, little novella, with a perfect combination of sugar and spice. I loved catching up with Lachlan and Kayla during the holidays. I definitely recommend it for fans of this couple.

Thanks, Pavlina for the gift!! xoxoxo
Catarina
4 Winter Stars.

description

This book starts after the end of The Play, after Kayla moved to Scotland to be next to Lachlan. She’s still mourning the loss of her mother, looking for a job and try to adjust to a new life, so when Lachlan tells her they’ll be spending Christmas with his family, this only make her even more nervous. But Lachlan is determined to make their first Christmas together perfect.
Do you know what I love more than novellas about the book-couples I like? The ones that seem like epilog
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 CHRISTMAS WITH LACHLAN <3 STARS

description

Such a lovely and super hot novella!The Play is one of my favorite books of 2015!The connection that Kayla and Lachlan has is something magical,unique and so intense!So it was so nice that we got a Christmas novella with them!It's a wonderful Christmas gift for fans of this couple. This book is about Lachlan and Kayla's first Christmas together and believe me it was amazing!Even though it's a short story, I can't even express how much I needed it and if could
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

Lachlan and Kayla really helped to make 2015 an exceptional reading year. The Play was one of my top reads & has joined my 6-Star best-of-the-best shelf (that's like royalty in my world). This sexy little novella was an exceptional addition to their story.

I loved this read & now can't wait to get my hands on big brother Briggs (his book that is) *wink, wink

FYI - if you've been waiting to read this book, don't wait to buy it! it's only available until January 1!
Amazon -> http
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Well, this was certainly a pleasant surprise...who wouldn't want more Lachlan and Kayla and Lachlan and Kayla and a Christmas story to boot.

Kayla's trying to deal with events that happened in San Francisco and what's going on in Scotland and Lachlan's trying to deal with his demons. The best part is that they are doing this together...supporting each other in the best ways possible.

And yes, that means lots of steamy scenes that pack quite a punch especially for a novella. Then again, what did
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorties, christmas
Live on Amazon US | Amazon UK
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo C229B8F8-32CA-4CB6-8E58-4C1DA37978A2_zps6qknu3zt.jpg

After spending some time apart dealing with their own struggles, Kayla has moved across the country to Edinburgh, Scotland to be with Lachlan. They have both been through a lot, but took a risk on love & are crazy about each other. They were both lost when they were apart, & now feel whole again. They are just better together.

photo 9c8b0a35-e831-4dd7-832b-0dcc7c545ec7_zpsfkrdyv3j.jpg

Lachlan & Kayla are so happy to finally be able to build a life together. Lachlan is still playing rugby for Scotland & Kayla is looking for a new
Jodi Bibliophile
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo 1450916843064_zpszneu9udc.jpg

Fuck! My little heart is so happy right now.

I’ve just finished the novella of Winter Wishes by Karina Halle and can’t whip the fucking smile off my face.

It was fucking PERFECT!

It’s no secret that this author is very special to me. She wrote my all-time favourite book and gave me my book husband but this year she also gave me something else; Lachlan & Kayla.

One of the best things I’ve done this year was pick up The Play and I fell head over hills for these characters.

Lachlan was broken, broo
Jen
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Winter Stars!

"Christmas may be over. But we've just begun."

More Lachlan is always like Christmas any day of the year! After reading The Play I was soooo excited to grab Winter Wishes right away knowing that Lachlan and Kayla would be getting their own Christmas novella.

In this fabulous little book, it's Kayla's first Christmas after losing her mom. She's have a tough time, but Lachlan is there for her. Lachlan is also trying to keep his demons at bay being faced with alcohol at almost eve
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Perfect holiday story for this couple :)
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“They’re a lot of responsibility. A lot of time, commitment and care. But most of all, they’re about a lot of love. It’s about opening yourself up and experiencing something unconditional while trying to give it in return. Because lord knows, dogs will test that love and patience every time they chew your favorite shoe or piss in your bed.”
-Lachlan

* * *
SissiReads
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
No words can describe how I am feeling right now! I am so in love with Lachlan it is unreal!!! This novella is just everything you ask for and we get to see more Lachlan and Kayla! I love them to bits! Let alone the steamy sex and hostess! they are so hot as I am picturing Tom Hardy being Lachlan!!
Mandy
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!!! Perfect novella for one of my very favorite book couples!
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
5 Brilliant Snowy Christmassy Scottish Stars

I want to kiss Karina Halle on her mouth for letting us revisit with Kayla and Lachlan. This read has made my Christmas holidays all the sweeter.

We met those two first in The Play . If you haven't read this one, stop reading my review and go and do it. NOW.

After the events of "The Play" Kayla and Lachlan are both dealing with their respective problems. Lachlan's darkness is still creeping up on him but with the help of Kayla he has become very good at
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
We took our family away for Christmas to a beautiful holiday spot in our country that can only be reached by boat/ferry. The menu was planned out and there were additional guests coming to join us and then I got sick on Christmas Eve.

I completely missed Christmas Day because I couldn't even get out of bed. What is a bookworm to do when faced with this situation??? Read of course :-) This was the perfect book for me at the perfect time. Whilst everyone was enjoying the feast and consuming bubbly
Loz
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
perfect christmas novella for anyone who loved kayla and lachlan in the 'the play'. i jumped straight into this one on christmas eve and didn't come up for air until i reached the last page. this was a sweet and sexy read, karina halle blends both seamlessly. i am pretty sure lachlan is my favorite hero of hers so far, you cannot beat this broody guy who loves his dogs just as much as his girl. both are going into christmas with inner struggles. kayla entering the christmas season for the first ...more
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS PERFECT!!!! ♥ MORE LACHLAN & KAYLA IS ALWAYS A GREAT THING.

LACHLAN HAS THE POWER TO MAKE ME FEEL EVERYTHING. I FREAKING LOVED IT.

AHHH BRIGS *SWOON* CANNOT WAIT TO READ HIS BOOK. IS IT FEBRUARY YET?

WINTER! ♥
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

PERFECT CHRISTMAS NOVELLA!!!
I love this time of year and Karina put all those amazing Christmas thingies into this book.
Everything from hot chocolate to ice-skating, walking across a Christmas fair, a family in front of the tree, presents, lots of food, snow, sadness, happiness.
LOTS of sexiness!!!! Just perfect.

description

Lachlan and Kayla's story was already amazing in THE PLAY, but this holiday novella made it even more special!
Now I can't wait to read Brig's story. I already know that I will probably cr
Luna Sol
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5++++ Stars
I finished this book with tears in my eyes and wanting to continue reading about their story forever and ever. What a perfect, magical novella about Lachlan and Kayla. First of all, you can feel the love and passion the author has for this story, these two characters all through the book. And that combined with her talent make this novella a perfect read.
What I love the most is how it captures that Christmas is not a happy occasion for everyone despite what their faces may be showing.
Janey
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-2015
A return visit to Lachlan McGregor and Kayla Moore, where we are enlightened by their first Christmas together.

”The amount of love I have for him exceeds the deepest reaches of anything. Infinite and uncontained. Tested. True.”

Following Kayla’s move from San Fran to Edinburgh, Scotland, we see her struggling between her unconditional love for her beast of a man, and her desperation to make her mark in a job independently.

It was a delight in Lachlan overload, with his ever-present protectivenes
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Michelle Finkle
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars
Sandra Cortez
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
"You are my clan" this was a short and sweet novella that gave me just the right amount of warm fuzzies.
ALEXA
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
If it's wrong to want more of Kayla and Lachlan, then I'll never want to be right. It was such a treat to get this little snippet of their lives after all of the events of their story, and it was wonderful to have it be set at Christmas!
Ophelia's Book Blog
Dec 23, 2015 marked it as to-read
Spoiler Whore-Momoa rounds down on her reviews so fuck off

*Purchased*
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I love that Karina Halle brought us more of Lachlan and Kayla in this wonderful holiday sequel. I love epilogues but always wonder what happened to get them from point A to point B. In Winter Wishes, Karina lets us in on the secret and also opens the door to Brigs story. Then again, it could very well be Amara’s story. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Kayla comes into her own in Winter Wishes. Yes, she is still devastated with her mother’
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved The Play which was about Lachlan and Kayla. So I was pretty giddy when this short novella was released. I couldn't wait to know more about these two amazing people.

Winter Wishes was just the icing on the cake. It made me fall even more in love with both of them. Lachlan and Kayla are perfect for each other. If I wasn't sure after reading The Play, I sure as hell am now. They compliment one another to perfection.

We also get to meet Lachlan's parents, grandfather and of course his bro
Angie
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Winter Wishes takes place between the end of The Play and the epilogue. Lachlan and Kayla are visiting Lachlan's family for the holidays. It's a bittersweet time for Kayla. But Lachlan is the strength she needs.

I like the scenes with Brigs. His story is going to break my heart. I know it. Just the right amount of steamy scenes too. One of the better holiday novellas out there. I enjoyed it.
  • Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)
  • Until You
  • A Kindled Winter
  • Breaking (Fall or Break, #2)
  • My Star, My Love (Butler Cove, #2.5)
  • The Hidden Life
  • Inevitable (Love and War #1)
  • Darker the Release (Revenge Saga, #2)
  • Unraveling Josh (Ellery College, #3)
  • Prisoner of Poseidon (Villain's Love #2)
  • Delicious (Delicious #2)
  • Already Famous (Famous, #4)
  • Caught for Christmas (Stripped, #3.5)
  • Semper Fi (The Education of..., #3)
  • Stray Hearts (Animal Magnetism, #1 & 2)
  • Moondance Beach (Bayberry Island, #3)
  • It's a Wonderful Tangled Christmas Carol (Tangled, #4.5)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
More about Karina Halle

The McGregor Brothers (5 books)
  • The Pact

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Loving a dog, letting it into your life. It’s like letting in love. Falling in love. It’s about getting attached to something that will die in your lifetime. And it’s horrible to think that way but I think that’s why we get so attached to animals, to our pets. We outlive them. Their time on earth is limited and they have nothing but love to give. But that’s what makes every day with them even sweeter. Loving a dog is about loving and losing. But your heart comes out bigger, and stronger, in the end.” 2 likes
“I think dogs come to you when you need them just as much as when they need you.” 2 likes