Start by marking “The Battle (Hero: Special Forces Romance, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Battle (Hero: Special Forces Romance, #3)

The Battle

(Hero: Special Forces Romance #3)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  445 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Haze Welch has done something stupid. He's fallen for the girl he's being paid to protect. Worse than that, while he's home for a family emergency, his charge is kidnapped. As he races back to LA, he's determined to do whatever it takes to find Leighton and make sure she's safe again. He can only pray he's not too late.

I'd survived a lot, but I wasn't sure I could survive
Published December 15th 2015 by Belmonte Publishing, LLC (first published December 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle

Veronica LaRoche
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing conclusion to Haze and Leighton's story. With Leighton been kidnapped while Haze was away he does everything in his power to get her back. Haze is torn for wanting Leighton but thinks that his heart will get in the way of protecting her. Leighton thinks she isn't good enough for Haze. When the threat is still there, Haze does everything he can to protect Leighton and what he finds is shocking. Another amazing story that I couldn't put down
Lauryn
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my I'm so glad Haze and Leighton finally came to their senses. At the same time though I'm actually sad this series ended. The twist and turns this love story takes is insane and I couldn't stop reading them once I started. Defiantly a page turner romance that's on the top of my list!! I absolutely love M.S. Market's books.
Iluvbooks44
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Author’s books, she is one of my favourite authors.

I love this series.

I loved this book from start to finish.

I love the characters and the story.
Lynette
Page Count:207
Heat Level: 2 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

description

Hero:The Battle, the final book in the Special Forces Romance series by M.S. Parker was a great 5 star read. Romance, Hot Alpha, Mystery

I desperately wanted Haze with me, but more than that, I wanted to be a woman he would want to
Carrie Renteria
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an incredible ending to a fantastic series. M.S Parker truly amazes me with each new series she writes.

Hero Book 3 concluded this series and I have to say I wouldn't have chosen to end it any other way. The connection between Haze and Leighton is one of those that will stand the test of time. This is one of those series we will be talking about years from now and re-living every amazing moment as if it were today.

Haze is truly my favorite hero of all M.S. Parker's books there is just
Atlanta Whitlock
This is the final book in this series and I have loved reading through Haze’s and Leighton’s journey throughout it. The plot or storyline never seemed to make me get bored of it, if anything I just wanted to keep going. The atmosphere that I saw throughout reading was just incredible, as much as you wanted both Haze and Leighton to just stop playing their little game of wanting each other and going back as if nothing had happened, I actually thought it worked well. You could see that Haze wasn’t ...more
Patti Correa
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To say that I saw this coming is slightly true. I love when I can figure out who the bad guy is way before it is revealed. BUT, I only got one bad guy right!!! I must be slipping. I love the way M.S Parker adds in enough twists and turns to keep you guessing all the way to the end.

The kidnapping of Leighton was where this book picks up, she was pretty much brutalized, to be expected by a kidnapper. Only we find out that this is exactly what Grandpa and Haze were afraid of, it was personal, the k
Kendra Needs
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MS Parker you have done it again, this was one amazing series, filled with mystery, intrigue, suspense and love. What more could you have asked for in a book? Haze and Leighton are one of my most favorite couples from MS Parker, even though it does take them forever to realize it.

Haze rushes home when he hears that Leighton is missing and then he feels responsible for her being taken, if he had not gone home then he would have been there to protect her. Haze does everything possible to find Leig
Gretchen Anderson
WOW! I loved this series. What a fantastic conclusion to a very entertaining series.

During parts of this series I was thinking, "come on you spoilt brat" and that usually followed with "this guy is a saint" and I can't tell you how much these two characters grow in this last book.

Leighton needs to seriously grow up and figure out what she wants without thinking of her grandfather, money or even Haze. What she wants to do with her life.

Haze needs to finally come to terms that his military career
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
What an ending!! M.S. Parker did a wonderful job bringing Haze and Leighton's story to an end. These characters were both so conflicted if whether or not a relationship would be a good idea. Leighton didn't feel as if she was good enough for Haze and Haze thinks that his heart will keep him from keeping Leighton safe. While gone to visit family the unthinkable happens and Leighton is kidnapped by her crazy stalker. Haze will do whatever it takes to get her back and to figure out who the crazy st ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hero Book-3

This is the story of Haze and Leighton socialite and bodyguard. The story starts with Leighton being kidnapped and beaten and Haze is the one who rescues her. The story then progresses finding out who has been threatening and kidnapped Leighton. This story started a little slow for me but once the rescue took place from then on it held my interest. I enjoyed how the story built through all of the characters involved and how the threads were all brought to a successful end. After Haze
Rachel
This is book 3 in the Hero Series...This is a MUST READ IN ORDER SERIES!!!
It's come down to WHO is threatening Leighton...and how can Haze find and eliminate the threat. I'm pretty sure I know who it is already. And even though it's not as suspenseful as I'd hoped I still am voraciously reading...to see if I'm right...to soak up the words of MS Parker. I didn't really connect with Leighton, and I think that's why this series was only 4 stars for me...she was too wishy washy, there was too much b
Indie Editor Nancy
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Haze certainly had his hands full trying to protect Leighton from her unknown kidnappers and stalkers. This third book was impossible to put down, with flawless writing and a stunning conclusion to this special forces romance.

"There was no way I could tell him what I saw when I looked at him. The man I wanted to be with more than anyone else. The man who made me want to be a better person, a person he could be proud of. A woman who deserved him."

"You were amazing tonight. Fearless as well as bea
Jennifer Pierson
There isn't a book that M.S. Parker has written or could write that I wouldn't absolutely LOVE, and Hero: The Battle is no exception. Haze Welch has stupidly fallen in love with the girl he's paid to protect. When he's called home for a family emergency, she's kidnapped. Will he be able to find her before it's too late? This book may be a quick read, but it packs a HUGE punch! The character development comes full circle in an amazing way, and the intense, super sexy, well written storyline flows ...more
Judy
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
YAY!!! I loved the ending of this book!!

Haze and Leighton go through so much! He's her security guard and this book begins with Leighton is missing/kidnapped and Haze is doing everything possible to find out who took her and returning her safely to her grandfather.

Leighton doesn't like darkness...so when her captors have her in total darkness she tries to focus on her time with Haze and not the darkness!

Will Haze get her back in time? Who could want her kidnapped? Can these two finally realize t
De Reese Robinson
More than the eye can see

Haze and Leighton, has struggled with acknowledging their feelings for each other. They let there lust for each other show, but struggle with the confessions of love. Being kidnapped left Leighton, feeling uncertain of herself and constantly second guessing that she was not good enough for Haze. Where Haze, couldn't stop thinking Leighton, was out of his league and she would never be happy with him. Can these two ever get it together long enough to be honest with each ot
Nancy Ward-keys
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love can make any of us do some crazy things. But Haze is paid to protect Leighton not be her lover. So when one final attempt at kidnapping her is foiled he is forced to take the bullet intended for her to save the woman deep down he world do anything for. But will Haze survive being shot? Will he ever be able to be open with her about how he has always felt about her? M.S.Parker once again has out done herself. She is one very amazing author.
Maricruz Muniz
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

Wow I loved the storyline how two people met and have a one night stand and fall for each other, year pass and he becomes her bodyguard. The feels they have for each other, the things she does. I give it five stars I love a man in uniform, am married to a marine and he's my hero, too all men and women who serve thank you so much. Please read the books its worth it wish there were more but I enjoyed read them
Gill Selling
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After having complained about Leighton being a spoilt brat in books 1&2. She came good in book three.
This story has a lot going on. I did not quite see all that was going to happen at the end.
Book 3 was my favourite. Not just because we get all the answers. We see the person that Leighton really was inside. The one Haze always saw underneath the bratty behaviour.
Would I recommend this yes? Yes defiantly
Lena Dublin
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending

This was a great ending to the Hero series. Fast paced, full of action and suspense but also had a great ending. It was great to see Leighton and Haze finally find their way. Leighton as who she really is, Haze in realizing he can't live without her and for the both of them to realize they were no good without each other.
Debbie Mitchell
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hero

Everyone needs a hero. It doesn't matter if you are wealthy or poor. Haze is a good person who believes in protecting those he cares for. He is a hero because he placed others before himself. This book makes you want to find or in some of our situations to miss our hero. Yeah I liked the book a lot.
Sandy Montemayor
What an intense series, I absolutely loved this book. Leighton and Haze were going back and forth on what to do but knew the right thing is to not be together. This book is full of so much drama and action. It kept you on your toes, with the suspense and it was a great romance story. It is certainly a page turner. I truly recommend this series.
Barbara Tobis
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Haze is back to find Leighton. He finds her. Then starts looking for her kidnappers. Things get hot and heave again. Well written. The only negative about the books is how long it took Haze to figure out who the kidnappers were. I had it figured out at the beginning of book 3. Aw well, artistic license was needed to get Leighton to change and Haze and Leighton to admit they loved each other.
Dena
What ending??

Ok I got into the characters even though it was the same thing over and over. I was definitely getting irritated with their dance. I didn't think they were going to get together not once. But to have an abrupt ending really pissed me off at least it should have been paved.
Carol
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hero Book 3

Wow, Awesome, most intense series, absolutely loved this book. Leighton and Haze were constantly thinking, they had to do the right thing, which meant not be together. This book is intense, full of drama, action, suspense, kidnapping, love, romance, great story, you will be pulled in to this action, romance series, truly awesome story, so enjoyed this series.❤❤.
Christine
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honest review

For honest review .This book was great I love how he took her protection in care before his feeling tord her because her life was more important . She really needed to pick better friends . But great story can't wait for more of m.s. parkers book great writer.
Christina Oswald
Wow! Fantasic ending! Leighton's been kidnapped. Will Haze find her before something happens? Who is orchestrating everything? All these answers and more are in this book.
Fantastic writing! Told through the eyes of both Leighton and Haze.
Helen
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Feeling guilty for leaving Leighton while he attended a family emergency, Haze rushes back to LA after learning she has been kidnapped. You can tell who your friends are when you have a crisis and that is certainly true in this fast moving book.
Deborah
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot, protective and incredibly insightful, Haze wants it all. Leighton knows she's in trouble but can Haze figure it out? Can he find Leighton before it's too late? Can Leighton pull her life together and find her happy place? Hero 3 is a great read and has the best HEA!
  • Her Dom's Lesson (Dominic Powers, #2)
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Justice (Bad Boys of X-Ops, #2)
  • Unconditionally (Brown County #4)
  • Southern Roots (Southern Roots #1)
  • Passion After Dark (Passion, #1)
  • Undaunted (No Rival, #2)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Dating Delaney
  • I See...Love (A Different Road, #1)
  • Untouched (Florence, Arizona #1)
  • Broken Until You
  • Keep It Safe (KIS #2)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Come To Light (Imperfections #2)
  • Salvage Her Heart
  • Surviving Brooklyn (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Wrapped in Shadows
M. S. Parker is a USA Today Bestselling author and the author of the Erotic Romance series, Club Privè and Chasing Perfection.

Living in Southern California, she enjoys sitting by the pool with her laptop writing on her next spicy romance.

Growing up all she wanted to be was a dancer, actor or author. So far only the latter has come true but M. S. Parker hasn't retired her dancing shoes just yet. S

Hero: Special Forces Romance (3 books)
  • The Assignment (Hero: Special Forces Romance, #1)
  • The Ambush (Hero: Special Forces Romance, #2)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99