Start by marking “The Ghost Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Chronicles

The Ghost Chronicles

Michael Andrews had everything - a loving family, a great girlfriend and a promising basketball career. That was before the accident that took his life. Now, he's a ghost, wandering among the living, struggling to understand why he's stuck. All he wants
Published November 17th 2015 by Teddy Blue Books

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost Chronicles, please sign up.
Peggy I read in book form, not electronic. Is that what you mean? don't understand your question.

Marlo Berliner
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Even though I'm the author of this book, I hadn't read it in one sitting in a long time. Much to my surprise the book still brought all the feels for me that it did when I wrote it. And it's making me so happy that it's doing it now for others, as well. Makes it all worth it.
N.N. Light
Michael Andrews has a charmed life, that is, until his young life is cut short due to an accident. But contrary to popular belief, he doesn’t move on to Heaven or Hell; he’s roaming haplessly among the living. Not sure what to do or how to feel, he clings to the past and pines for the future he’ll never get. But then he meets Tom who becomes like a mentor to him. He discovers he’s got the Devil on his tail, hunting him down to drag him into Hell. Just when the afterlife was getting interesting…

M
Michelle Joyce Bond
I just finished THE GHOST CHRONICLES by Marlo Berliner and had to give a shout out to my fellow Jerseyite for this incredible YA Paranormal! Berliner’s high-concept storytelling and sympathetic hero had me hooked on this title immediately.

I can’t help beginning with the setting because (holla!) a large part of it takes place in New Jersey. Michael, our ghostly hero, grew up in central Jersey. The description of this area is especially fun for local readers who can connect to the landmarks mentio
Michelle (Bookaholic Banter)
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow! I was not expecting to enjoy this book quite as much as I did. I get a lot of books for review. Most of them wind up being just ok or books that I have to force myself to read. Sometimes I even have to DNF the book. This was definitely not the case with The Ghost Chronicles. I thought this was going to be your average ghost haunts a house type of story. It was so much more than that! The main character of the book is actually the ghost himself.

There are so many interesting elements to this
Kristen Burns
3 Stars

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book via YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.*

There were some things I liked about this book, but mostly I found it frustrating.

Number one, I don’t feel like I got a complete story. Even though it was not made apparent at the time when I read this that it was the first in a series, I like series and would’ve been fine with that. I’m well aware that series leave threads hanging. But this ended in a really awkward spot with nothi
Michelle Pickett
This review was originally posted on Michelle K. Pickett's blog: These Words Tell a Story...

The Ghost Chronicles was a poignant story of life, love, and death. It has so many layers; there's sure to be something for everyone, from the touching love story, the deep emotional parts when Michael, the main character, has to leave his life behind, to the suspenseful events that follow Michael and his “mark.”

The characters were well written. Michael was a strong protagonist and very likable. It was e
William Stuart
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although paranormal books are not usually high on my list, Amazon recommended The Ghost Chronicles by Marlo Berliner. I’m glad Amazon did! Read on for my thoughts.

Synopsis (from the author): Can Michael get to heaven before the devil gets him first, and if it means leaving Sarah is he sure he still wants to go?

legenbooksdary
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is full of love, wonders, action and longing. Marlo Berliner has written a story about the afterlife, ghosts that roam around the world and demons with a twist which has captivated her readers.

Michael has everything life has to offer him, loving families, a girlfriend he loves and even a scholarship of his dreams. This story reminds you that even after you die, none of that matters. You're on your own. Except for when it come to Michael's story as he meets unexpected people in unexpec
Laura Agnella
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was one that I found on another blog a few months back. I enjoy ghost stories and this seemed like a good choice. I enjoyed it and I will most likely read the next one eventually but it isn't jumping to the top of my TBR at the moment. Probably a summer read when I am home.
Jackie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely story of Michael who is now a ghost and has fallen in love with Sarah, also a ghost. Obviously this is forbidden. The story keeps you reading until the end to find out what happens. It’s a not be be missed book for anyone.
Judi
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful ! Delightful! Page turner ! Thoroughly enjoyed ! Looking forward to #2.
Kimberly Bearce
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different but good

This book was not what I was expecting but in a good way. I definitely need to read the next one.
Lynn Porter
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

1.The cover art .
2.The art implied so much, yet gave nothing but intrigue.
3. I opened the cover only to find treasure inside.
I loved it. Lynn Porter
Maureen
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating. Marlo wrote with incredible savvy, wit, and I’m quite impressed with her ability to conjure explanations and rationale in this magical, fantasy fiction. I wouldn’t be surprised if I should believe everything she wtote.

Definitely an attention-holder. Highly recommend.

Starting the sequel immediately.

Ps: I did get to meet this author at Angel of The Sea in Cape May last summer. She’s charming, wArm, and so personable. i’m happy for her success.
Shannon
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This is a great book, I'm hooked. where can i find the second half? I'm dying to know what happens
Ahi Keleher
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting take on the afterlife

This novel explores some of the possibilities souls might face when they cannot move on. Well written and with believable characters and emotions.
Bobbie Stanley
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of these days, I’ll stop trying to define what I expect from a book because I seem to be finding that less and less as I read them. This book was nothing at all like what I thought it would be. I tend to assume stories related to ghosts will be creepy on some level, but I really didn’t get that from this one. If you’re looking for a creepy ghost story, definitely look somewhere else. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great book though!

To be perfectly honest, I almost didn’t get far enough into
Stephanie
Michael Andrews is a Senior in high school, weeks away from graduation, an all-star basketball co-captain and has a great girlfriend. Unfortunately, he is hit by a reckless driver and dies in the accident. Michael is left to navigate the ghost world on his own and it is no easier than the living world. Michael wants to move onward and upward after his death, but doesn’t know how. Michael finally meets Tom, another ghost who is able to help him figure out his new world. As Michael learns about be ...more
Patrick Hodges
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's always sad when a young man, who seemingly has everything in the world going for him, has his life cut short by a tragic accident that was not his fault; his family and friends are left to pick up the pieces as they try to figure out how to deal with a world that no longer that has him in it.

After being killed in such an accident, Michael Andrews has to leave behind his mother and younger brother - who still haven't recovered from the death of Michael's father - as well as a loving girlfrie
Literary Classics Book Awards & Reviews
Michael is an outstanding kid, a terrific son, and an amazing big brother. He's always worked hard and made good choices. He'll be going to college in the fall on a basketball scholarship and his girlfriend of two years is the love of his life. His future looks bright and he's on track to do big things. So when he's killed in a tragic accident, he finds himself frustrated, lost, and confused --trapped somewhere in a world between life and whatever awaits him on the other side of death. Unsure ho ...more
Leila
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book right from the beginning.

There isn’t a ton of mystery or action or thrill about this book. I mean, there is one part where things get… anxious… but for the most part, this book follows Michael in his after life.

I have strange beliefs. Not everyone has the same beliefs as me so when I find someone or something that aligns with my thoughts – I fall in love. This was one of those things!

I loved following Michael on his journey and I could feel the emotions behind the entire story.
Lynndell
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ghost Chronicles by Marlo Berliner is a story about a teenager named Michael. Michael gets in a fatal accident and can see his body from the outside. He watches his mother and brother as they receive the news of his accident and its outcome. He meets another ghost, Tom, who explains to Michael what is going on and shows him ghosts at a haunted penitentiary that are all in different stages of despair. Throughout the rest of the book, Michael is trying to understand what his purpose is in not ...more
Hhslibrary
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I never thought I'd describe a book as a realistic ghost story, but that's what this novel is. Michael's life is cut tragically short in a violent car accident but instead of moving on, he is stuck on earth as a ghost. Turns out there is a lot to learn about being a ghost, and Michael learns some lessons from his ghost mentor Tom, and learns other lessons the hard way. Tom seems to be marked by the devil himself, and his demons are tracking Tom with escalating danger and violence. Being a ghost ...more
Andrea
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***This book was sent to me from the author but my opinion is my own and therefore not persuaded.***From the very first page I knew this was going to be a good book. I was wrong. It was fantastic! Instantly I felt a connection to the man character Michael who, obviously, dies in a most tragic way. There was never a dull moment nor was there any scrap of detail left out. Marlo built a world I could visualize in my head. One that I could relate to. There was a little love, a little mystery, a litt ...more
Dacia
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MartyAnne
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ghost Chronicles center around Michael in the afterlife -- or, one of them.
Michael is dead. He's not moving on, with no idea why. He meets a female ghost and they start to develop a relationship. Michael knows the rules -- no joining of souls, because it could prevent one or both from moving on. Just where that line lies, he does not know. Then he learns that he's a marked soul, the Devil himself wants his soul. YIKES!

My only problem with this book is that it should come with something to
Diana Thomsen
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I'm curious to see where the next book in the series goes. While I liked the characters, and the premise for the story is great, I felt like the plot just...wasn't. It was more like a lesson in how to be a ghost than it was any sort of story. That being said, the tale did seem to finally start picking up at the end, so I'm hopeful that the next book will read more like fiction and less like a documentary.
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marlo Berliner does a superb job of drawing you in to this unique take on a ghost story. I enjoyed the writing, the characters, and the plot. It is a fun, fast-paced, and interesting look into life after death and what happens to those who are left behind. It begins as a heart wrenching tale of loss which transforms as the story develops into something that leaves the reader hopeful. I can't wait for the next books...so the story can continue.
Carol
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marlo Berliner creates a wholly imaginative world. By intermingling real places and people in her story, she delivers a thrilling juxtaposition of real world with surreal. She takes us on a journey of what happens to Michael after death. He travels afar, from beaches to DC to a Philadelphia jail. As characters enter from different eras and geographies, it made me feel like anything was possible. Highly creative debut!

I received the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Conny
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
I almost stopped reading this book, because sometimes it was so boring. There are parts in the book that for me are just page filling pages without any meaning. But I picked it up again and to my suprise it was a great book. I thought it was a stand alone book, but it was not. Now I have to wait for book 2. I hope it's coming soon.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Parasite (The Domino Project, #3)
  • See You Soon Broadway (Broadway, #1)
  • No Substitute for Motives (Subbing isn't for Sissies #6)
  • The Proving
  • Lonely is the Knight (Merriweather Sisters Time Travel #3)
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions, #2)
  • Planning for Love (Love, California Style #2)
  • The Warrior Prophet (The Watcher Saga, #3)
  • 31 Ghost Novels to Read Before You Die
  • Eternal Mercury
  • The Wendigo Witchling (The Skinwalkers' Witchling #2)
  • Summoner Rising (Laws of Summoning, #1)
  • Roman Rescue: Who Will Save The Hero?
  • Lake Effect
  • Fated Memories
  • Heart of the Billionaire (Almost an Angel #2)
  • An Informal Introduction (Informal Romance, #3)
  • Borrowed Magic
Marlo Berliner is the award-winning author of THE GHOST CHRONICLES, her debut book which was released in November 2015 to critical acclaim. The book won the 2016 NJRW Golden Leaf Award for Best First Book, was named a FINALIST in the National Indie Excellence Awards for Young Adult Fiction, received the Literary Classics Seal of Approval, was awarded a B.R.A.G. Medallion, and was named one of the ...more
“True love is an immortal force.” 3 likes