Start by marking “Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)” as Want to Read:
Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)

Wrecking Ball

(Diary of a Wimpy Kid #14)

In Wrecking Ball, Book 14 of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series—from #1 international bestselling author Jeff Kinney—an unexpected inheritance gives the Heffley family a chance to make major improvements to their home. But they soon find that construction isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. When things get rough, will the Heffleys be able to stay . . . or will they be forced to ...more
Published November 5th 2019 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about Wrecking Ball, please sign up.
ziggy oiseau in the first book he mentions stanning j-hope, so sadly yes, greg does like kpop

Start your review of Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
Sheri
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
When the Heffley family inherits money, it is soon decided that a few home improvements are in order. Each family member has their own ideas of what sort of improvements should be made, and naturally, Greg’s ideas are generally self-serving and impractical. Greg deftly demonstrates the illogical reasoning of youth as he dreams and schemes of bigger and better things. From marketing gimmicks at his yard sale to imagining a home with all the “conveniences,” Greg’s whims are certainly creative and ...more
NZLisaM
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Creative, imaginative, amusing fun!

Every year as November rolls around I prepare myself for a guaranteed rip-roaringly funny, entertaining, light read, when the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book hits the shelves. We're now up to no. 14Wrecking Ball, and this time around, Greg’s family decide to upgrade their house. But living amidst a construction site of course leads to all sorts of hilarity and disaster. I would not want to be neighbours with the Heffley's, or be any where near the vicinity
Bethany Tyler
1 star

I hate this series now, Greg just gets worse as it goes on.
He is such a selfish kid! Like, he wants a friend, but this "friend" has to do WHATEVER he wants.
He also couldn't understand why Rowley got so upset about him possibly moving which didn't even happen. It was very unrealistic as well, things surely can't get THAT bad......
Greg is always constantly complaining about literally anything
Excuse my ranting people.....😕
Faizat
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is brilliant. I am 11 and I still love this hilarious book because it makes me laugh out loud. Even when I ask my friends to borrow some of the books, they are kind enough to lend it to me so i can take it home so my big bother even reads them. He loves them too. I have got most of the books. Jeff, you are my favorite author!
Brenda Kahn
I guess I am stuck at age eleven because these books continue to make me laugh out loud. Greg is such a selfish dick, and yet, I can't help but cackle.
Fatma
I think it is time for Jeff Kinney to bring in some new blood to the series. There should be one solid idea for every book, not just scattered easy to forget situations that are no longer as funny as it was used to be.
By the middle of the book i got a hope that the series will finally start to add some changes to Greg's family, but apparently the author seems to be too scared to give the series a new lease of life.
Ardent Reader
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun and cute series !!!

Waiting for the 15th book ❤
Jessica
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is this the last book? There was a sort of last book vibe to this one, and some major upheaval in the Heffley family (not divorce or anything, nothing that might be too upsetting for kids). Last book or no, I still laugh until I cry over these books!
Kevin Hodgson
Is it really number 14? That means that every November for the last 14 years, I have been reading this series. Some of the surprising fun of reading about Greg has worn off, from familiarity, but there are always plenty of chuckles along the way. My students are definitely not as interested as they once were (this year, only one single student pre-ordered with me)
Vikas
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 14th yes #14 book in the series and for me this was just about there. I liked it but because they make you laugh here and there but most of the book was static only focusing on one thing at a time and then just getting stuck there. And Although I finish these books fairly quickly and honestly you can finish one of these in couple of hours easy. Ah well it was okay and I hope that next one would be funnier and better because after all there is going to be #15 for sure.

People who don't
soph
Oct 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
i only want this book bc cover is cool and miley cyrus is singing a mantra in my head
Isaiah
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The fourteenth division in the “ Diary of a Wimpy Kid” series, “Wrecking Ball” by best-selling author, Jeff Kinney, is a striking add on to its shelf. It comes out as an unexpected turn for the Heffley family, as a distant family member sadly passes away, leading on into the story an even greater unexpected turn-they use the money to have an addition to their humble house. Greg Heffley is fully-fledged into this idea, but is it really what it’s cut to be? Certain connections I can make through ...more
Ashley
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, own, 2-stars
I hemmed and hawed about buying this book - I've kind of been contemplating purging some of my stuff, I don't really need to collect the Wimpy Kid books, and there's starting to be too many in this series that I don't even know if I overly care anymore. I don't know if those feelings were in the back of my mind while I was reading this, or if the books aren't up to the caliber of the earlier books, but I didn't love Wrecking Ball. I didn't find this as funny or quotable as most of the previous b ...more
Fred Forbes
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The old "in for a penny, in for a pound". Started this series long ago and find it entertaining. Yes, I know it is for kids but for those of us with a sophomoric sense of humor, an appreciation for clever stories and the fun of seeing adult situations through the eyes of a kid, it is a fun read. You will enjoy seeing some of the issues you've had to wrestle with and glad to see they are universal. Well done, as usual.
Suyog Kunwar
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Book. This book had a very good beginning with a twist at the end. I had waited for a long time to read this book and when i finally read it i remembered the days when I used to read this book twice or thrice a day. I hope the author of this book writes more books of this series for the "wimpy kid" addicted guys like me.
Barbara
This one is a 3.5 for me, and like other reviewers, I continue to be astonished at the realization that this is the FOURTEENTH book in the series and that I've been reading them for as long as I've been teaching college classes full time. There have been moments when I've wondered if author Jeff Kinney's creative well has run dry since he has covered some of the same topics all too often in some of the books. But I was pleasantly surprised to see some new territory explored here. Many of us have ...more
Sara
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ut-online-lib
So funny! Love this series!
Maria
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was good I liked the joke on the last page
David Gallagher
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Worst installment in the series. As someone who expects the release of these like a 12-year-old would, I am disappointed. Incredibly unfunny, repetitive and unimaginative.
Tatsuhiro Sato
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
My lack of attention during reading this, made it the most boring Wimpy kid book for me. Also apart from the typical greedy Greg adventures, the story is weak, that's what I feel.
Victor The Reader
Something good happened to the Heffleys, but it will also become something bad. When the family inherits a a large sum of money from a recently deceased relative, they put it into fixing up their crumbing home and of course, chaos and troubles occurs and could leave them with a last resort. It’s a well-built story that has its obvious cracks but still surprisingly sturdy in the end. B+ (83%/Very Good)
Eoghan
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a very good book and at the end it had a very good twist.
Robert
Fun!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Day is fun! I love how Scholastic sends a big box to our school each year with all the pre-orders. Because of how things worked out this year, students were off and teachers were in workshops. I traveled to school thrice during the day to get my copy and prepare those for the students so they could conjole their parents to come in and pick up theirs. All for the love of reading!

Greg's mother inherits some money. She decides an addition to the house is warranted. In typic
TrishaIyer
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought the new wimpy kid book was really good.Gregory and his family are thinking about moving. If you want to know if the Greg and his family will move or not you should read it and find out.
Mr. Gottshalk
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4th-grade-books
I finished the latest installment in the series in less than a day! It’s more of the same… One unfortunate event leads to another thing which leads to another thing which leads to another thing. The funniest moment, for me, was when an obscure aunt dies, and the Heffleys go to the wrong funeral! There are some other laugh out loud moments. The book is very similar to all the others. By being so similar, it has many creative plot twists and moments when I had to keep turning the pages, and that’s ...more
Sebastian Big Brain
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think it was really good. I like the end a lot because i felt that it is funny in the books when things don't go the whey they are planned. That is what happend to the Heffley family and their house.
Jackie
When Greg’s family unexpectedly inherits money from Aunt Reba’s estate, they are all in a tizzy deciding what to do with the windfall. Of course, every family member has his own idea. But, since Greg’s mom is the only one that ever wrote Aunt Reba a thank-you note (she says?!!), she gets to decide. So....mom dreams of a new bigger, modern kitchen. Actually Greg’s on board with that idea, too.

But, in true Heffley fashion renovation goes terribly awry. The house, the addition, and the family are
Angie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ya-teen-ms, classroom
In the latest installment of the Wimpy Kid series, Greg and his parents have inherited some money after an aunt's death. Greg's mom decides that they are going to use the money to renovate and expand the kitchen. In true Wimpy Kid fashion, you know things aren't going to just be that easy. When one thing leads to another, the Heffley family is no better off than when the construction started, so they start to consider a move.

I never miss out on reading from this series and am always happy to see
Mari
Jan 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
You know, I was all for a really big change in the Wimpy Kid series, but that wouldn't necessarily be on brand, would it?

(view spoiler) It would bring a much needed change to a series that I never particularly enjoyed in the first place, but is growing stale and repetitive. The situations are not very funny, some are less believable than before, and the characters are becoming less likeable

• Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke (Big Nate Novels, #4)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Spectacular School Trip (Really...) (Tom Gates #17)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever (Dork Diaries #14)
  • Big Nate Flips Out (Big Nate Novels, #5)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Big Nate: Hug It Out!
  • Big Nate: From the Top
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)
  • The Odd 1s Out: How to Be Cool and Other Things I Definitely Learned from Growing Up
  • Out Loud (Big Nate)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Guts
  • Big Nate: In a Class by Himself (Big Nate Novels, #1)
  • Big Nate: What's a Little Noogie Between Friends?
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)