Start by marking “Savoir-Faire: Do the WRITE thing” as Want to Read:
Savoir-Faire: Do the WRITE thing

Savoir-Faire: Do the WRITE thing

Savoir-Faire is a collection of 40 poems on Life, Love, Abstract, Nature, Songs etc. It's a package of emotions and experiences we go through on a day to day basis.
Paperback, First, 74 pages
Published November 2015 by Inkhorn Publishing India

To ask other readers questions about Savoir-Faire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savoir-Faire

Vishakha
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received the book as a Goodreads giveaway.
It is a rare poetry collection. The writing style is extremely natural, spontaneous and unforced. One can only accomplish such a level of poetry writing when one writes just for the sheer joy of it. All of the 40 poems are so transparent, you can almost time-travel and see, feel, smell and touch what the poet felt while penning down his thoughts on paper. It is neither overdone nor undermined. Some lines give you goosebumps while some insidiously touch
Richa Arora
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When in doubt, write it out - this is a thought that Savoir Faire reminds me of. While Ashwini has been writing for years, expressing thoughts in words that might not even exist in my limited vocabulary, this is his first book. It's a delight to own a copy of his writings after following his poetry on digital platforms. Savoir Faire is a collection of poetry anyone can relate to. Every other page articulates feelings and expressions which we have ignored or buried all along. From cheerful and ha ...more
Kushagra Singh
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
As the author(poet) is known to me, it wouldn't be the best for me to reviewing the book as much as it'd be unfair for a novice reader like me to express his opinion on literature. But, I'll post my views anyway. :)

Ashwini Dodani is an honest and earnest person which truly reflects in his writings. The poems are unpretentious; they aren't trying to deceive or flatter you with pompous usage of vocabulary but invoke a certain emotional connect with the content. For a person like me who hasn't rea
Reema D'Souza
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Savoir Faire" is collection of 40 poems by Ashwini Dodani. The poems are based on the happenings of your daily life. Good or bad, happy or sad, there is a poem for every situation. The emotions and experiences that one goes through are all given the form of poetry in this book. Each poem is unique, different in its own right. The feelings of love to despair, despair to finding some hope are all brought out in a beautiful way.
I loved reading all the 40 poems in the poem. And there are some poem
Radhika
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a rather controlled and concise review. Savoir Faire, a 74 page collection of thoughts in poetic form comes as a pleasant read for those who like to read about one's everyday incidences and observations without having to manoeuvre through a deep set of metaphors tracing it back to reality. The book comes in a red coloured cover theme with poems placed centrally on the page giving much emphasis to the page borders which have been artistically done. There are 40 pieces of poetry in Savoir ...more
Archana Kumar
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have known Ashwini personally for a few years now. And I have been following his poetry for a very long time. It's such a delight to hold a book published by him!!

Ashwini has a unique way of writing poetry. Not only is it heart warming, but also profound. Every line, every word has a meaning and a reason for being where it is. At places, his poetry is simple. And at other places, he amazes with the metaphors that he has used.

Like he says, poetry is a personal form of expression. He makes you c
Anurag Rekhi
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ashwin's prowess in poetry isn't unknown to me. Have been reading him for years & so when he wrote Savoir Faire I had to get my hands on it. The book is a collection of emotions which we go through every day. Ashwin has penned these emotions so beautifully in his poems you relate to them at various levels. For me he is always going to be the poet who touches the soul :)
Dhwani Swadia
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read full review:
Reading anthology of poems is always a delight as poems, especially if written in a certain way tend to make one feel things. As soon as this book fell in my hands, I wanted to know what the title meant. A simple google search told me that it meant ‘ a French noun phrase that means being adaptable and adroit’ . Such an appropriate name of a book that dealt with poetry on a diverse range of topics.

Each poem deals with a topic or an emotion
Ankita Chauhan
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Poetry is the essence of life. And reading a poetry book is something when I want to remain silent with a whispering heart. Poetry is not mere collection of words but a pure emotion piercing into heart—sometimes it’s painful yet relieving.
The moment, I received the “Savoir-Faire by Ashwini Dodani” can’t describe in words. It happens when you reading the person since years and suddenly you got piece of his soul in your hands, you get overwhelmed. Much Thanks Mr.Poet for the book.
When it comes t
Seema Wadhwa
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are books and there’s Savoir Faire which echoes human emotions in every leaflet, every line and every word.

We often find ourselves turning to social media, seeking a community and list of things that rightfully match our sentiments and thoughts. I found myself on the receiving end of this relatiblity medium through Ashwini Dodani’s poems on the web, and after becoming an avid reader of his soulful poems; a compilation of life relevant poems from his den turned out to be the perfect treat
Kaushal Gupta
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book has a collection of forty poems and every single poem is distinct from the other thirty nine. When you read the titles of these poems, they may simply seem to you like verbs and adjectives, but they are more than that when you read them. The poems are expressive, agreed that they are meant to be but in this case you can visualize them, they seem more of a reality and less of fictional. Please visit http://guptakaushal.blogspot.in/2016/... to read the complete review of the book.
Agnivo Niyogi
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Poetry is so abstract and relative that it often becomes very difficult to critique them. If the emotions of the poet find resonance with your thoughts after you finish reading a poem, the exercise is successful. Even if the words mean differently to you, the poet has succeeded in initiating a conversation. Ashwini Dodani‘s collection of 40 poems in Savoir Faire (published by Inkhorn Publishing India Private Limited) works because it provokes you to think.

Full Review: https://antorjatikbangali.w
Romila
Apr 11, 2016 added it
Amid the 40 poems in the book, few poems really are worth a mention- Fly, Communication, Learn, Not perfect and That beautiful night. Nevertheless, one poem that truly engrossed me is That Beautiful Kohl Eyed girl. To put imagine yourself as another person and express their messy mind wonderfully is appreciable. The book is beyond doubt worth our time (it took me not more than 2 hours to read and write this review), I am sure you will like the emotions and expressions each poem has.
Ekta R
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice book. Beautifully written!
Fahmida Shaikh
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there were more stars, I would have given you more than five. This book is amazing, heart touching and beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this book. Everyone should have a copy, I recommend.
Hardik Kapadia
Palak Agarwal
Salman Shamsi
Dec 06, 2015
Ashwini
Dec 07, 2015 marked it as authored  ·  (Review from the author)
Yakuta H
Ash Bansal
Chandni Moudgil
is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2016
I love poetry and words. Writing is like breathing. Social Media is my favorite space to explore, network and connect. It's always good to gather new insights and learn more every single day.