Start by marking “Tea in Pajamas” as Want to Read:
Tea in Pajamas

Tea in Pajamas

(Tea in Pajamas #1)

What if by doing something ordinary, you unlocked the gateway into a world of the extraordinary?

For Belle Marie, having tea on Wednesday afternoons—barefoot and in her pajamas—mysteriously transports her from her home to the charming storybook land of Belzerac. Soon joined by her best friend, Tess, the girls enjoy weekly adventures in this wonderful new place of talking a
Published November 29th 2015 by Rachel Tey

To ask other readers questions about Tea in Pajamas, please sign up.
Rachel Tey Thanks for your question, Quraisha. Belzerac was inspired by the region of Dordogne, France, especially La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac. I've dr…moreThanks for your question, Quraisha. Belzerac was inspired by the region of Dordogne, France, especially La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac. I've dreamed of canoeing down the Dordogne River since I can remember, so yes, this part of southwest France has largely shaped my view of the magical Belzerac :)(less)

Start your review of Tea in Pajamas
Jaime Chan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful magical story (reminds me of A Wrinkle in Time) where kids were transported to another world, full of adventures and misadventures and also explores death/underworld and also Greek mythology of Orpheus and Eurydice. There are many beautiful illustrations peppered throughout the book to bring the magical world closer to the readers.
N Yen
3 stars. I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, this was a cute book that has an Alice in Wonderland (albeit much simpler) feel. The characters were likeable and there was a very fairytale-ish feel about this book that I enjoyed. The plot was interesting and had many elements of small surprises that would be sure to keep you reading.

By the way, Belle-Marie is such a lovely name!

That being said, I sometimes wish that the writing style was more cons
Christina Wong
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suits age 6 onwards.
I read the book before passing it to my 6yo. There’s adventure, magic, mystery and friendship, everything that she loves so I wasn’t surprised when she says that she enjoyed the book and wants to be in Belzerac. The story is exciting and the pace is great. At less than 100 pages it didn’t take long for us to complete it and the pictures (illustrated by Author’s husband) makes such lovely accompaniment to the story.
Akshatha Kamath
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
📖Title- Tea in Pajamas
📖Author- Rachel Tay
📖Publisher- Marshall Cavendish
📖Format - Paperback
📖Total number of pages - 95
📖 Genre - Children's Fiction
📖Brief review 📚 - Belle Marie is an ordinary girl who is transported into the magical world of Belzerac every Wednesday at 3 pm over a cup of tea & croissants. The enviable, joyous journey to the Wonderland of talking animals & pie-making competitions turns nasty when her best-friend, Tess goes missing. Will Belle be able to rescue Tess in time? An ench
thelittlebookster
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review up on @thelittlebookster
Anna Tan
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
Tea in Pajamas is one of those books where you reach the end and go "awwwwww so sweet! <3" (Okay, maybe that's just me.)

Beautifully illustrated, this is one book any 8- to 12-year-old girl who loves fairy tales would love to read. Well, I'm guessing at the age range. Maybe ages 8 and up, though probably by the time they reach 15, it would probably too "childish" and they'd turn their nose up at it, until they pass 25 and get a little nostalgic.

Anyway.

Belle Marie and Tess have tea in their pajam
Dawn Lee
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A lovely, strange and whimsical addition to young adult fiction. Tea in Pyjamas is a delightfully detailed escapist fantasy, cautionary tale and feel-good fable wrapped up in a tongue-in-cheek Frenchiness, with some good ol' Greek mythology thrown in adding a darker edge to the story. The premise is imaginative: every Wednesday, Belle Marie of Michelmont sits down at the kitchen table for tea in pyjamas, which transports her to the archetypal fairytale land of Belzerac where animals and stuffed ...more
Lynne Curry
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tea in Pajamas is delightful. I know my granddaughter wold love this book. Rachel's writing has creativity, a rhythm and cadence and a bit of a twist both to the first story and the entire book. What I particularly like about this book is the way it might ignite a child's imagination, to create his or her own story. The drawings are sweet, child-appropriate.
This book has a premise, “There was once a girl who struggled with some disordered behaviors. …she searched far and wide for a key that migh
Andy Mulberry
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
And down the rabbit hole we go... Maybe because the author has such a personal connection to the story (read the Author’s Note) or maybe it’s because the writing itself is simply so enthralling, but you can feel the depth with which this book was written. It’s a read that reminds of Alice in Wonderland meets Dorothy–just without the ruby slippers. It’s a gentle and carefully told tale–and nothing too scary even if events sound ominous (the Musicians!) at times. It's a story of hope: of a life th ...more
Chrispy Chong
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Evoking Alice in Wonderland, the Faraway Tree series, and A Wrinkle in Time, this children's book follows the tradition of seeking adventure in an alternative imaginative space where the rules are different. Equally fun and meaningful, it also reminds readers that what we consider everyday and mundane also brings us security and its own pleasures. Complemented by lovely illustrations and design, this publication will be an enjoyable and easy read for children below the age of ten.
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full of magical scenes, enchanting dialogues and dreamy illustrations, Tea in Pajamas is a real charmer to read in a sitting! Join Belle Marie, her best friend Tess Brown and Julien as they enter the quirky world of Belzerac on Wednesdays. Amidst the adventure and mystery, the plot has a tender note that wraps up Belle's growth and is a wonderful exploration on friendship, courage and life.
Susan Griner
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the illustrations in this book and the light prose. It's the tale of a young girl named Belle who is transported to the land of Belzerac on a certain day of the week and only when wearing pajamas and drinking tea. The author creates an imaginative world full of charming animals and adds a bit of mystery that Belle and her friends must solve.
Melanie Lee
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tea in Pajamas is exactly the kind of book I’d love to be reading while drinking tea in my jammies! It’s evocatively escapist and yet the characters feel fleshed-out and authentic, like the childhood playmates I used to imagine alternate worlds with in my neighbourhood playground.
Petrina Ang
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adventure, mystery and delicious food - this book has it all. Brings me back to my childhood Enid Blyton days and speaks to the closet dreamer in me. Rachel fleshes out the characters and scenes brilliantly with her vivid descriptions. A delightful read for both kids and adults!
allineedisbooks_
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
TEA IN PAJAMAS BY RACHEL TEY
°°°
This was a short and quick read. Surely, as a kid I could have enjoyed reading it. It's the book that you definitely want to read in your summer holidays. Being an eighteen years old, I still enjoyed reading it and this book took me to another world, the beautiful world of Belzerac. The language used is simple and easy to understand. Writing style of the author is easy to adapt for children and can really motivate your child to read more books. The story is well na
adik miftakhur
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Rachel sent me a paperback copy of the series in exchange for an honest review**

Honestly, this one was amazing, yet I still have no time ti read the second book, but I will try my best to read the second book asap since I'm done with my final project. So speaking of the book, it's amazing, I loved the story-line. Highly recommended!!

P.S. So sorry for this brief review, I'll make it up real soon.
June Yong
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely read! My daughter Vera (then aged 8) especially enjoyed the book – its magical qualities drew her in like honey to a bee. She even told me that she wished she could travel to Belzerac and taste Belle Marie’s cherry pie. Friendship and hope are the main themes of the book, as Belle and her new friend Julien, try to find and rescue Tess from danger.
Rae Lin
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The art and story mix well together although the point of interest looks like it's for readers between 9-11 years of age.

Nicely done, though!
CHRISTINE | lostinpagesss_
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
•BOOK REVIEW•

🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars

🍃🌻TEA IN PAJAMAS by Rachel Tey

This cute book is meant for children age 6 onwards. Beautiful illustrations and I like the inspirations in this book as it ventures on the the adventures, friendship and magic which can fascinate a reader once you read it. The characters (Belle Marie, Julien Edgehawk, Tess Brown) were great in a way that a normal kids can do like they were mature enough to think of a solution to the problem they encounter, and the whole concept reminds me of t
CuriousBookReviewer
Jan 15, 2020
Ariel
Apr 26, 2018

• Heartbeat
  • Boy: Tales of Childhood (Roald Dahl's Autobiography, #1)
  • Walk Two Moons
  • If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
  • Giggle, Giggle, Quack
  • Pumpkin Soup
  • The Diabolical MR Tiddles. by Tom McLaughlin
  • Prince Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #16)
  • The Lamb Who Came for Dinner
  • Shark vs. Train
  • If Big Can... I Can
Rachel Tey is an editorial consultant. She lives with her husband and two children in Singapore. She is the author of 'Tea in Pajamas' and 'Tea in Pajamas: Beyond Belzerac', the middle-grade fantasy series.

Tea in Pajamas (2 books)