Start by marking “Tea in Pajamas” as Want to Read:
Tea in Pajamas

Tea in Pajamas

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
What if by doing something ordinary, you unlocked the gateway into a world of the extraordinary?

For Belle Marie, having tea on Wednesday afternoons—barefoot and in her pajamas—mysteriously transports her from her home to the charming storybook land of Belzerac. Soon joined by her best friend, Tess, the girls enjoy weekly adventures in this wonderful new place of talking a
Published November 29th 2015 by Rachel Tey

To ask other readers questions about Tea in Pajamas, please sign up.
Rachel Tey Thanks for your question, Quraisha. Belzerac was inspired by the region of Dordogne, France, especially La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac. I've…moreThanks for your question, Quraisha. Belzerac was inspired by the region of Dordogne, France, especially La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac. I've dreamed of canoeing down the Dordogne River since I can remember, so yes, this part of southwest France has largely shaped my view of the magical Belzerac :)(less)

N Yen
3 stars. I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, this was a cute book that has an Alice in Wonderland (albeit much simpler) feel. The characters were likeable and there was a very fairytale-ish feel about this book that I enjoyed. The plot was interesting and had many elements of small surprises that would be sure to keep you reading.

By the way, Belle-Marie is such a lovely name!

That being said, I sometimes wish that the writing style was more cons
Anna Tan
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
Tea in Pajamas is one of those books where you reach the end and go "awwwwww so sweet! <3" (Okay, maybe that's just me.)

Beautifully illustrated, this is one book any 8- to 12-year-old girl who loves fairy tales would love to read. Well, I'm guessing at the age range. Maybe ages 8 and up, though probably by the time they reach 15, it would probably too "childish" and they'd turn their nose up at it, until they pass 25 and get a little nostalgic.

Anyway.

Belle Marie and Tess have tea in their pa
Dawn Lee
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A lovely, strange and whimsical addition to young adult fiction. Tea in Pyjamas is a delightfully detailed escapist fantasy, cautionary tale and feel-good fable wrapped up in a tongue-in-cheek Frenchiness, with some good ol' Greek mythology thrown in adding a darker edge to the story. The premise is imaginative: every Wednesday, Belle Marie of Michelmont sits down at the kitchen table for tea in pyjamas, which transports her to the archetypal fairytale land of Belzerac where animals and stuffed ...more
Lynne Curry
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tea in Pajamas is delightful. I know my granddaughter wold love this book. Rachel's writing has creativity, a rhythm and cadence and a bit of a twist both to the first story and the entire book. What I particularly like about this book is the way it might ignite a child's imagination, to create his or her own story. The drawings are sweet, child-appropriate.
This book has a premise, “There was once a girl who struggled with some disordered behaviors. …she searched far and wide for a key that migh
Andy Mulberry
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
And down the rabbit hole we go... Maybe because the author has such a personal connection to the story (read the Author’s Note) or maybe it’s because the writing itself is simply so enthralling, but you can feel the depth with which this book was written. It’s a read that reminds of Alice in Wonderland meets Dorothy–just without the ruby slippers. It’s a gentle and carefully told tale–and nothing too scary even if events sound ominous (the Musicians!) at times. It's a story of hope: of a life th ...more
Chrispy Chong
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Evoking Alice in Wonderland, the Faraway Tree series, and A Wrinkle in Time, this children's book follows the tradition of seeking adventure in an alternative imaginative space where the rules are different. Equally fun and meaningful, it also reminds readers that what we consider everyday and mundane also brings us security and its own pleasures. Complemented by lovely illustrations and design, this publication will be an enjoyable and easy read for children below the age of ten.
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full of magical scenes, enchanting dialogues and dreamy illustrations, Tea in Pajamas is a real charmer to read in a sitting! Join Belle Marie, her best friend Tess Brown and Julien as they enter the quirky world of Belzerac on Wednesdays. Amidst the adventure and mystery, the plot has a tender note that wraps up Belle's growth and is a wonderful exploration on friendship, courage and life.
Susan Griner
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the illustrations in this book and the light prose. It's the tale of a young girl named Belle who is transported to the land of Belzerac on a certain day of the week and only when wearing pajamas and drinking tea. The author creates an imaginative world full of charming animals and adds a bit of mystery that Belle and her friends must solve.
Melanie Lee
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tea in Pajamas is exactly the kind of book I’d love to be reading while drinking tea in my jammies! It’s evocatively escapist and yet the characters feel fleshed-out and authentic, like the childhood playmates I used to imagine alternate worlds with in my neighbourhood playground.
Petrina Ang
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adventure, mystery and delicious food - this book has it all. Brings me back to my childhood Enid Blyton days and speaks to the closet dreamer in me. Rachel fleshes out the characters and scenes brilliantly with her vivid descriptions. A delightful read for both kids and adults!
Rae Lin
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The art and story mix well together although the point of interest looks like it's for readers between 9-11 years of age.

Nicely done, though!
Dec 04, 2015
booknerd_dork
Dec 11, 2015
Rachel Tey
Dec 16, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Jul 11, 2018
Vishal
added it
Jul 17, 2018
Rachel Tey is an editorial consultant and published author. A mother of two, she enjoys writing, playing the piano, and reading books on medieval European history. In time, Rachel hopes to publish a volume of spiritual reflections. She resides with her husband and children in Singapore.
More about Rachel Tey