Start by marking “Jacob of Abbington Pickets” as Want to Read:
Jacob of Abbington Pickets

Jacob of Abbington Pickets

Just before the turn of the 20th century, Jacob Hudson grows up on a farm in the Canadian prairies, near the small village of Abbington Pickets. As a child, he witnesses an incident that scars him deeply and leaves him unable to trust or understand his strong, proud, and often harsh father. Shy Jacob grows into a handsome, talented young man still carrying a dark secret. J ...more
Published November 27th 2015 by FriesenPress

To ask other readers questions about Jacob of Abbington Pickets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacob of Abbington Pickets

Start your review of Jacob of Abbington Pickets
Tara Sinclair
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It grabbed me in the first chapter! Had to read it all till I was done the whole book! But when I was done I was missing a friend. Easy reading story that keeps you wanting more. Can't wait to read what's the twist in Jacobs tale! Now the wait to read the next book in the series!
Marie-Pier
I won this book via the Goodreads giveaway more then a year ago, but never really had the time to read it. Better late then never ;)

I enjoy the book. I was scared that it would not follow the strong beginning of the book, but I was wrong. The story was simple, but work from beginning to end. My only problem was that I didn't feel emotionally involve as I would love to. Maybe because of the simplicity of the dialogues or the style of the writing. Even from the characters when tragic events was ha
Ellen
I won this in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway...thank you...but I'm afraid that I am not as enthusiastic about this book as previous reviewers. The first thing that put me off was the overly Christian comments in the acknowledgments and the simplistic, Christian-tinged story that felt like a children's novel. I really couldn't get very far into the book before I had to stop. I tried to like it, but it just wasn't for me, I guess. My apologies to the author.
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!! You will want to start reading it when you have the time to read the entire book, as it is hard to put down. You will also want to share this book with your family, everyone can read it and enjoy! Definitely one that I will recommend to friends and family!
Janet Roth
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very pleasant and inspiring book, fairly easy read, one you want to keep reading, very Enjoyable!
Greg
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a beautiful daunting love story. Once started I couldn't put it down. Have your Kleenex or hanky ready, it's extremely moving and the characters are so real . Wonderful .
Maureen
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story set in the turn of the century on the prairies. Characters are well developed which makes you want to keep reading to see what happens to them all!! Highly recommend.
Karen Blasken
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very good book! Found it hard to put down once I started reading it.
Dally-Up
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Emily J
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is not normally the kind of book i go for, but i'm glad i did! It is a lovely story, well paced, with ups and downs in all the right places to keep pulling you through to the end. It is a well-researched, real view of all the joys and hardships of early life on the prairies.
Kiwi
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart touching and worth the read, this book keeps you on your toes wondering what will happen next.
Carley Hamilton
Jackie F
Jan 18, 2016
Kenneth
Jan 19, 2016
H. C. Hewitt grew up on a farm in southeastern Saskatchewan. From an early age she always knew she would someday write a historical romance. Her grandmother’s extensive knowledge of Saskatchewan history and her grandfather’s collection of antiques sparked an enduring love of history.

H. C. Hewitt's other passion is quilting. She owns and operates a quilt shop, where she quilts and designs quilt pat

News & Interviews