Start by marking “Drift Heat” as Want to Read:
Drift Heat

Drift Heat

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
I didn't want to only be known as the pretty, blonde daughter of a famous race car driver. I wanted to make a name for myself and I wasn't going to let anyone get in my way. So when I saw the opportunity of a lifetime, I jumped. Being the face of the hottest new racing team in the business was a dream come true.

Until he showed up.

Griffin McGregor. Bad boy star driver. On t
Paperback, 1, 410 pages
Published January 28th 2016 by ARH Revelry LLC.

To ask other readers questions about Drift Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drift Heat

Melanie
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whoa!! Adrian Hale has written a hot, romance that will have you fanning yourself while you read this one. I love how Adrian used scenes in the book for her romance that was not your typical sexual scenes. Her use of descriptive words left me open mouthed and wondering how she could do it. This story is hot and very unique!!

Shelby is a young lady that has been around the racing scene all her life. Her dad is a famous racer, but has had little time for Shelby. Everything she learned was from some
Guren
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I don't even know how to start this review without saying how much I LOVED this reading. Damn, what a nice surprise. When I first got my hands on Drift Heat I never expected to like it so much and end up giving priority to other books on my list because my hopes weren't high with this one. If only regret could kill you.

There's just so many things I love in this book: the cars, the speed, the danger, the drift competition, the alpha male, feisty heroine and the sweet love story. There's n
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Drift Heat is the first book that I've read by Adrian R. Hale, and boy did I LOVE it! Shelby is the daughter of a NASCAR legend, but she is dying to be known as something more than that blonde, beautiful daughter. So she sets out on to make a name for herself on her own. When she has the chance to be the face of the hottest racing drift team, she jumps at the opportunity. That is until she came face to face with a rude, arrogant driver that called her terrible names. Griffin McGregor is the bad ...more
Andrea
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ve sat here writing, deleting, rewriting, and contemplating my review for Drift Heat. In the end, it’s really simple to review in a single word – AWESOME! I loved Drift Heat!

I fell head over heels for Griffin McGregor. He is self-righteous, arrogant, cocky, rude, angry, sexy, hot, loving, tender, supportive, and sexy. Whoops, did I say that twice? You get where I’m going with this. Griffin embraces his role of bad boy and runs with it. As we all know, it takes the right woman to not only acce
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog
I love racer reads so was super stoked to read this romance by new-to-me author, Adrian Hale. What a rush! Drift Heat revved up my heartbeat, heated up my engine, and sent my soul soaring around the track with my emotions whirling around at lightning speed. An adrenaline rush of a roller coaster of a romance that is heart-pounding and humorous, Drift Heat is pure satisfaction.

Tired of living in her legendary NASCAR driver daddy’s shadow, Shelby Jensen is ready to leave her family’s auto shop an
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4.5 adrenaline pumping stars

I'm a sucker for a few things, allow me to name a couple...cars, a smoking hot alpha male, and an author that writes a feisty, tough-as-nails female lead. Therefore, I have officially fallen in love with Adrian Hale.

Shelby Jensen grew up in the shadow of her Nascar legend father and after deciding she wants something of her own, she agrees to be a promo model for a drift racing team. This team has the potential to be the best but they're stifled by financial woes and
Mignon Mykel
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Drift Heat had me engrossed from the beginning, and I begrudgingly had to put it down just so I could start another book that was due for tour the same day as this one. From the beginning, Griffin and Shelby drew me in with their sparing ways and hot chemistry.

Modeling for Smoke & Mirrors racing gives Shelby the in she needs to move on from the garage she ran with her father and brother. Doing so, though, semi-estranged her from her overprotective, former NASCAR racer, father. Shelby has mor
Judy Miracle
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I had to sum up Drift Heat into one word I would say it is Phenomenal. This is my first read by Adrian and I can see myself reading more of what she has in the future. Her characters are the ones you can see yourself being friends with and just hanging around with.

Griffin... That guy starts off as a self righteous arrogant prick, that is cocky and rude especially to Shelby. as the book goes you do eventually see a more tender & supportive side of him but you still get the cockiness.

Shelb
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Adrian has done a wonderful job writing this story about two people who fight love and have to open themselves up to one another even if it means they may get hurt. Their love is not an easy one by any means. I really enjoyed the push and pull between Shelby and Griffin. I loved her take no crap attitude and that she could give as good as she got.

Shelby is the daughter of a famous NASCAR driver and wants to find her place outside of her father's name and her good looks. She jumps on the opportu
Cheryl- 1-chick and her kindle
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~check out www.1chickandherkindle.com for exclusive content and giveaways!~~

I definitely have an affinity to race car drivers and was anxious to get my hands on this one, and it did not disappoint. This is the first book by this author that I've read and the development of the characters, main and side, is so in depth that you'd swear they were real. The plot and story-line are amazingly written and you can't help but get lost in the book.
Griffin is the resident bad boy of the drift scene. He's
Allison
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
My 4 star review of Drift Heat

Drift Heat is my first book by Adrian, and I really enjoyed what she brought to the table in this story. The plot was well thought out and a researched topic. And I enjoyed the characters.
Griffin is the hero, and he starts out at cocky and sure of himself- which, who doesn’t love that type of alpha?? But as the story progresses you start to see a softer side, thrown in with the cockiness. And I loved that.
Shelby is the heroine. And she is the daughter of a NASCAR
Gemma Weir
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

4.5 Stars

Drift heat is the first book I have read by this author. I was gifted an ARC of this book to read for Gemma Reads Too Much.

This book was great!!

I love race books and that dirty, sweaty race car driver thing is incredibly sexy. Griffin was obnoxious arrogant but weirdly this just made him even more appealing! The only time I wasn’t mad for him was when he was being sensitive and sweet. There was just something about hi
H.M. Shander
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An e-arc was graciously given to me by the talented Adrian R. Hale.

I loved A Taste of Bliss - Ms. Hale's debut novel - Bliss' story. When Adrian Hale told me she was working on another novel, a sequel featuring Talon's brother, Griffin, I couldn't wait.

Drift Heat was everything I hoped it would be. Hot, steamy, romantic with a take charge female lead (Shelby), and a male lead (Griffin) so smoking, that well... whew... is it hot in here? Everyone was well-developed, and it was a great story.
Th
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BADASS

This book is full of badassery. Yes I probably made that word up, but it works. Shelby is amazing and Griffin has knocked my other book boyfriends off the podium.

So good.

This book is so amazing. The story is on fire - it has everything you could ask for from a book.

Griffin, oh Griffin... he is so great. He's complicated and unpredictable. I loved watching him grow up (I guess that's what to call it) in this book... He went from a cocky d*$#@*# to a really awesome person and the journey is
Alyssa Garcia
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite things about this book is Shelby, she's not your typical weak/whiny heroine. Nope. She's strong and knows exactly what she wants, but she also has a very vulnerable side. She's very loyal and doesn't take crap from anyone, not even the sexy bad boy himself, aka Griffin. Griffin is, or should I say was, a playboy. He loves being in the spotlight, but he loves winning more. I'd say at the beginning he's what I call a sore-winner. He loves rubbing it in everyone's faces when he w ...more
Kylie
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seriously incredible! I didn't think Adrian could top A Taste of Bliss, but she did.

This book is fiesty, sexy, and fun. There were times when I hated Shelby, and more times when I hated Griffin.

The story of the sexy promo model meets douche bag extraordinaire has you feeling sparks, on and off the track.

Adrian used her way with words to perfect sexy scenes between characters (the dance scenes! I mean hot damn!) without making me uncomfortable. (Which is fairly easy to do).

I loved the depth giv
loves 2 read romance
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review.
Ahhh love this story.
Griffith is a bad boy definitely holding on to his image. He can be a huge jerk but underneath all of this he has a lot of heart.
From the very first meeting between Shelby and Griffith was definitely electrifying. She did not back down from his insulting nature. He is blown away by her audacity to stand up to him she is nothing but a model.
Shelby is not about to stand by and let some racecar driver tell her she is nothi
Nikki
Jan 20, 2016 added it
Seriously Ahhhmazzzing!

For someone who has spent many years around racing this book hit close to my heart! ♡ Shelby reminds me so much of myself. Adrian couldn't have created a better character for Shelby and Griffin, too. The fact that racing dynamics were brought into the story made it so much more.

The relationship or non-relationship between Shelby and Griffin kept me on my toes throughout the whole book. I wasn't expecting the next turns or twists. Everything hit with perfect timing.

I can
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*An e-ARC was graciously given by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Full review to follow
Paula
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so awesome!
Ashley
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book didn't hook me at first. Honestly, I didn't truly feel very connected to the story until about 70%. I was really excited about it as I come somewhat from a racing background and I really really loved A Taste of Bliss. It was well researched as far as the drift aspect, I just didn't feel like I personally connected to the characters like I had hoped I would. Shelby was very immature and selfish. Granted, the story is mostly about Griffin and Shelby both maturing and finding themselves w ...more
Ashley
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow!! I was blown away by Adrian's first book....and she continues to do so in this second book!
After Shelby and Griffen's first meeting you could tell the heat and chemistry would be off the wall between them. And yup...I was right! Whoa the heat was like the asphalt after a burnout! When I wasnt wanting to punch Griff and possibly yell at him, I was cheering him on. Shelby was bad ass! For going after what she wanted and not stopping at getting it. Serious girl crushing!! And the detail of the
Choo
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
4.5 drift stars

This is a refreshing story in a way that the heroine was as badass as the hero. It's not the usual plot I like reading where the hero chases the heroine, which made it more interesting, plus the story was well written.

Griffin is spot on when he wanted a relationship with Shelby but she was so skeptical about them being together. Then later after Shelby realized they're worth all the mess and risk, Griffin didn't make it easy. I couldn't put the book down waiting what would Griffi
Heather Senechiame
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although I didn't like this as much as his brothers story, it still was a solid 4 stars! It is a complete standalone but Griff is mentioned in A taste of Bliss which I discovered and decided to pick up drift heat. If you love racing of any kind and car talk, this is for you! Definitely a hate to love story, they absolutely hated one other for the majority of the book. Once they are together and happy everything flowed quickly. I'm hoping we get a Wyatt story?!
Hannah
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid 4 stars!
UGH! I finally read a good racing NA book.
I enjoyed how it was not an immediate happy resolution after (view spoiler).

Sidenote:
Please make this a series with the other guys from Smoke and Mirrors. Yas! Please...
I cannot wait to read more by this author.
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a great read. Griffin and Shelby definitely had their issues but I couldn't help but want a HEA for them. Loved the ending ~ so sweet!! Loved Wyatt, Henry, Ryan, Cole, Ezra, Marny and Paul. I also loved the relationship Shelby had with the guys. She wasn't just a pretty face. Hoping that Adrian will write a story for Wyatt.
Theresa Lee
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5ish
Lisa
Feb 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sports-romance
I just didn't feel it all with these two. Not at all. Too much technical jargon. Shelby came across as very immature.
Amanda Brigges
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing... Had me hooked from the first sentence and is HOT HOT HOT I could see myself reading this more then once
R.D. Berg
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Adrian introduced me to a different world called drifting and I loved every bit of it!
« previous 1 3 next »
Adrian R. Hale is a whirlwind of energy and optimism, just as ready to tell you about her books as she is to invite you over for cookies. She is a big dreamer and believes in chasing them down with speed and enthusiasm, much like the characters she writes.
You can find her cycling around Austin, TX, running trails, baking gourmet cupcakes, beautifying people for weddings and photo shoots, and trav
More about Adrian R. Hale...