Start by marking “Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)

Shadow Kiss

(Vampire Academy #3)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  325,529 ratings  ·  11,327 reviews
WHAT IF FOLLOWING HER HEART MEANS ROSE COULD LOSE HER BEST FRIEND FOREVER?

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend,
Published November 13th 2008 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Kiss, please sign up.
Silvia Grigová yea I agree with you. I was reading the book until 2am. because I wanted to finish it really badly. And I think I cried my eyes out. :(
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Naomi I hope they will find a cure or something :((((
…more
I hope they will find a cure or something :((((
(less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
28,721 books — 68,486 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books Ever
51,359 books — 202,684 voters

More lists with this book...

·  325,529 ratings  ·  11,327 reviews

Start your review of Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
Cristina Monica
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christina Yang: I’m calling it. Time of death: 17:35

Meredith Grey: Hold it… She deserves another chance. Don’t give up on her yet. It’s not her fault Richelle Mead is so cruel to her readers. Clearly, Lola is not the one to blame here.

Christina Yang: Meredith, this is hopeless. Richelle Mead did what she thought was best. Lola knew what she was getting into. Go watch one of Derek’s surgeries and leave me alone to deal with this corpse.

Meredith Grey: Christina, I’m telling you, this is not the
~Poppy~
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
time."
"I only did because you were here."

“Don't worry, little dhampir. You might be surrounded by clouds, but you'll always be like sunshine to me.”

Oh my god!!! I can't!!! That endi
Kristi
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! This series continues to get better. This is one of the best vampire themed series’ out there. After my disappointment with other series’ losing there touch, I have to say that it is not the case with these books. Everything that initially drew me in is still there and then some. I’ve been in anticipation for this book for a long time, and when I finally got a copy it trumped everything else!

There were parts of the story that I figured out, and even though I wanted the novel to end
Shannon
I think I have to assume that something devastating will happen in every series that Mead writes. With this one I was pretty much crying from the last 40 pages until the end. Talk about heartbreaking! I sort of saw what was going to happen coming but it didn't make it any less horrible. I'm actually still feeling the effects of this novel and I had to quickly order the next two books to find out what happens.

On the heels of the death of her friend, Rose finds out that she's going to start six w
elena
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't write a proper review for this. My little heart is too broken for it.
THAT ENDING

Okay okay I just hope the other books are good as well. I mean, I've heard this one is the best one so far and then it all just fades. Maybe the hype will fade maybe it'll grow I don't know. But I just hope Richelle Mead doesn't disappoint with them.
Ikram
Buddy read with the lovely Yasmin

Finishing this book and running to Goodreads like

So this book started off really well. I think this might be one of those series that get more interesting with each new book. But that ending! Why did nobody warn me? The worst part is that I don't even have the next book.

(view spoiler)
emma
this series is so, so fun and so, so terrible.

people die constantly and no one is sad beyond sometimes being like "i am sad. i am so very, very sad."

there's a romance between a teacher and a 17-year-old student.

there's so much sloppy nonsense magic.

answers to mysteries unknown for years come exactly when they're needed out of nowhere.

it's basically Pretty Little Liars but with vampires.

so...Pretty Little Liars but better.

bottom line: the reread will continue, and (presumably) continue to be a b
Rose
Dec 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Well holy shiiiiiiiiiit @ the end of this.
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 OMG Dimitri Stars

all kinds of SPOILERS up in this piece!!! It's like one huge spoiler

OMG OMG OMFG so much happened in this book I can't even wrap my mind around it. Rose is having all kinds of issues. Thanks to being Shadow kissed and bonded to Lissa she is taking all the dark emotions and crazy that Lissa gets from using her magic and it is flowing though the bond to Rose. This is making Rose act crazy, angry and at times totally out of control and dangerous. Also Rose is seeing Mason
Emily May
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

There's no denying it, I loved this third book in the series (probably best of all) and I finished it with all kinds of feelings and thoughts running through my head. The ending leaves the reader on such a cliffhanger and the fact that I am constantly being warned against reading book 4 just makes it all the worse. I want to know what happens... damn it, I NEED to know what happens. Can that possibly be it? (view spoiler)

I've com
Claudia Ramírez
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
OH MY GOD with this book. I can't believe it. I'm crying right now :(. I wasn't expecting that. THAT. Oh, this book was amazing and I loved it, but the ending broke my heart.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3), Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss is a vampire novel written by Richelle Mead. It is the third novel in the Vampire Academy series, and was preceded by Frostbite.

Rose, in shock over Mason's death, prepares with the rest of the novices for the Qualifying Exam, in which the novices protect the Moroi students from "attacks" by "Strigoi" (their Dhampir teachers).
Kat Kennedy
Mar 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
So far, Shadow Kiss is my favorite book in the series. Richelle Mead steps up her game on a number of fronts, in my opinion.

Plot, characterization, style, pacing and romance. All of these receive a marked improvement.

The VA world becomes more real, relatable and defined. The relationship become more involved, less childish and the main character, Rose, receives a healthy dose of adulthood.

I am coming to really enjoy these books. I wouldn't have continued past the first one without the encouragem
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Devastating ★'s

"It won't happen to you. You're too strong. You'll fight it, just like you did this time." "I only did because you were here." He wrapped his arms around me, and I buried my face in his chest. "I can't do it by myself," I whispered. "You can," he said. There was a tremulous note in his voice. "You're strong—you're so, so strong. It's why I love you.”

Oh My Gawd!!!! This book! It's soooo damned good. I love this series, I can't put it down... It just gets better and better with ev
Courtney
Sep 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the twilight series
Shelves: teens, horror
Taneika
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW AND I CAN'T STOP CRYING.
Why did I think reading this series would be a good idea, WHY?
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

OH MY GOSH! I am so upset right now after reading that ending! I seriously have tears in my eyes. I have to collect my thoughts before I write a full review.

So that 30 minutes did about nothing to help me get over that ending. I was basically depressed and now desperate to read the next one.

This book has to be my favorite book ever. There subplots and subplots. The whole Strigoi problems, relationships, mystery ghosts, and again relationships there were no pauses and that was very good.

Dimitr
Norah Una Sumner
description

I feel like it doesn't get better than this.Rose is finally becoming more mature,the whole story was really interesting and captivating,there are a lot of serious issues and topics included in this book and the characters are finally starting to feel...real.If that makes any sense.That ending was so intense-I would have never ever thought that a Vampire Academy novel was going to make me cry but it really happened.I don't think that the rest of the series can take this book off the throne when i
Heather
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I didn't really enjoy the first two books of the Vampire Academy Series but I adored this one! Shadow Kiss has a ton more action & I actually feel for the characters!
Rose is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite female characters. She is strong, smart and not taken lightly.
Lissa- I'm not really a huge fan of Lissa. I mean I like her don't get me wrong but I just feel like she could be more.
Dimitri- There's nothing more to be said.

This is very true.

Christian- I am beginning to like him
Pearl Angeli
(I realized that I wasn't able to make a review of this book. Lol. I'm sorry) :D

Anyways, Shadow Kiss is the third installment of the Vampire Academy series. I loved this sequel because everything that happened here was remarkable. I saw the strength of character Rose was able to develop. I also loved the romance between her and Dimitri. The whole book was also filled with adrenaline-pulling action scenes which were a lot better than the first two books.

The great aspect of this book was the clim
♔ Leah.
☆ ★ Spoilers ahead, you have been warned ☆ ★

I think this book kind of made me love this series because it went on a level that no other YA book went before and I was very happy about the fact that Richelle Mead took a risk, but looking back in hindsight at this series? I was wrong, terribly wrong but let’s save that for when I do reviews of Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, shall we?

In Shadow Kiss, Rose is suffering the trauma of the Spokane incident and Mason’s death- which adds another twist:
Dan
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sobs
Let me express my feelings of this book by using this gif

description

That pretty much sums up my feelings for this book.
Muse-ic ♬
Read #3

*sigh*
*sobs*
*hiccup*
*feels*
*love*
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

________________________________
Read #2

**Don't worry about spoilers. I'll tell you when they're coming.

REREAD: HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE! I've read this two whole times. This is my second time. I know exactly what is going to happen and I was unfortunately spoiled about the ending of this book before I even read it the first time. I've always known what
Ida
Sep 12, 2018 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF. There's just so many other books I'd rather read instead.
Might try picking this series up later, but I doubt it.
Jianne
Shadow Kiss is the third installment in The Vampire Academy Series and it is by far, my favorite book in the series! I mean, how can I not? It's so good!

Adele won 6 Grammy in the past Grammay's. What does she have to say about the book?

Adele approves!

Summary

Shadow Kiss continues the story of the main character, Rose Hathaway and her education in becoming a Guardian. Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend Lissa- the last Dragomir princess- must always come first.
Lena
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The worst cliffhanger in the history of cliffhangers. And all the feels on top of it. I feel dizzy...
eleni
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I set off, off to kill the man I loved."

4.5
WOW. Definitely the most intense book in the series so far! I even teared up a bit at the end!
Penny
FANTASTIC
This is without a doubt one of my favorite YA Fantasy series.
I do love Richelle Mead, her series Succubus Blues is also one of my favorite UF series ever.

What you'll find in this series:
Entertainment from beginning to end. Action, emotion, badassery, growth, adventure, VAMPIRES, fighters, excitement, suspense, intrigue, passion, love.
Great plot. Brilliant story evolution, believable succession of events and excellent plot development.
Fantastic characters and character development. Intel
Hillary
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: low-fantasy
Damn, that last sentence...! *goosebumps*

This was everything I wanted book 1 & 2 to be! I'm still shocked that I liked this enough to get newly and strongly obsessed with the characters. Now I freaking want to know how it goes on, especially with that super mean cliffhanger. I mean... seriously? I can't believe you did that, Richelle Mead.

The plot in this one was... aaahhhh *chefs kiss* Like, finally? It was worth the wait tho. I'm glad I stuck with this series even if book 2 wasn't really the b
Mitabird
Jan 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shadow Kiss started off slow, but ended up being great. I really like how Ms. Mead takes things to a level where not everything has a happy ending. It has realistic qualities for being a young adult paranormal book. I felt Rose's pain and confusion as she struggled with what she had to deal with being "shadow kissed". I enjoyed her interactions with Lissa, Dmitri and Adrian. Even though I inadvertently knew a big piece of the story, it didn't happen as I envisioned. This book has a lot of heart, ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead - Restarting February 6th 2020 115 205 Feb 17, 2020 03:34PM
Shadow Kiss 1 4 Aug 28, 2019 02:42AM
Book Obsessed: August 2017: Shadow Kiss #3 1 4 May 16, 2017 07:56PM
Did you cry? 62 236 Apr 23, 2017 10:57AM
endovex 1 3 Mar 20, 2017 04:27AM
Ghosts on plane 2 20 Jul 31, 2016 09:10PM
2017 Reading Chal...: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead 1 6 Jun 25, 2016 12:18PM

• The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #4)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • Marked (House of Night, #1)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • The Twilight Saga Complete Collection  (Twilight, #1-4, 3.5)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)