Start by marking “Nearly Always” as Want to Read:
Nearly Always

Nearly Always

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Lucy Bailey is not a girl to take no for an answer. When she asks her friend Billy Wellington to help her rescue a stray dog, she has no idea of the potential repercussions. A serious crime is committed while Billy is absent from the children's home where he lives and, when suspicion falls on him, the police decide that the safest thing for everybody is to lock him away in ...more
Published June 21st 2016 by Piatkus

To ask other readers questions about Nearly Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nearly Always

Maureen
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery
Before I received this book, I hadn’t heard about Ken McCoy before. But when I had the paperback of ‘Nearly Always’ in my hand, and had read the book description, I knew I just had to read this book. ‘Nearly Always’ is different than the books I usually read. But at times I really love getting out of my comfort zone to read other kinds of books.

In ‘Nearly Always’ we read the story about Billy Wellington and his friend Lucy. Billy has a mental problem due to his difficult birth, he is what he ca
Zee Monodee
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I got a very British feel from reading this book...almost like watching an iTv or BBC TV production. The atmosphere is there, as are the people who seem mundane on the surface, but dig deeper and you find all those amazing layers...
I will admit this kind of book is not my typical reading, but I love everything Yorkshire, and when I read the author was from there, I knew I had to give it a go.
It is at times brutal (the opening, my goodness! It's gonna tear your heart out!), heart-breaking, tender
Vera