Start by marking “Desperately Seeking a Scoundrel (Rescued from Ruin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Desperately Seeking a Scoundrel (Rescued from Ruin, #3)

Desperately Seeking a Scoundrel

(Rescued from Ruin #3)

Desperately seeking a fiancé …
Miss Sarah Battersby is in dire need of a man, preferably one skilled at deception. Upon her father’s death, she will be left with no home and nary a penny. With time running out, she must either accept the proposal of a man she loathes, or stall long enough to secure a teaching position by telling one teensy, trifling lie—that she is promise
Published December 8th 2015 by Elisa Braden

Diane Dyke
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Has Elisa Braden discovered time travel? Because the way she writes about the Regency period is almost as if she has been there. She certainly makes the reader feel as if they are there……I love all the Rescued from Ruin series, in fact all Elisa Braden’s books, but this is my favourite so far. I never thought I would like Colin Lacey but the way Elisa has manipulated his character is pure genius. If you like well written Regency romance with real scoundrels losing their hearts, you should read t ...more
Beanbag Love
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this one less than the other books I've read in this series, unfortunately. It had its enjoyable moments, but there were a few things that just didn't rise to the same level as the other installments.

1. Colin is way too far in the red at the beginning of this book to be easily redeemed. I don't think he made it by the end. I thought it was glossed over by calling him a "scoundrel" in the most affectionate terms. Scoundrel doesn't even come close. I'm willing to believe in his redemption
Tracy Emro
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

I loved this book and I am amazed that Ms. Braden could make me love Colin , considering how I felt about him at the end of the last book - I truly could not conceive how he could be redeemed. I guess that's why I read books and don't write them :)

Sarah is the impoverished daughter of a vicar and head mistress of a girls school - at least until her very ill father passes. On a trip back home from London, she happens upon a very badly beaten Colin. She brings him home and nurses him bac
Sammy Loves Books
Thoroughly enjoyed this installment of this series!!

Sarah Battersby
description

Sarah is one of my favorite heroines in this series. She's strong, bossy, and affectionate!

About to start the next book. I really like the characters of this series!
Jaci
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in The Rescued from Ruin Series by Elisa. It was wonderful to see Colin Lacey get his own HAE. Even a scoundrel can reform and it takes a young lady named Sarah Battersby who is independent, stubborn and beautiful. Colin is trying to redeem himself by helping to bring down a vicious criminal that steals, tortures and kills anyone who gets in his way.

The book opens with Sarah finding Colin on the side of the road where he winds up after escaping from his enemy. Sarah nurse
Elena
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about redemption! I was really wondering how will my view of Colin change especially after his wrongdoings… turns out I didn’t have to worry! The story was really good, had chemistry and spice and a good old dose of humor to go with it.
The series is getting better and better, the sneaks about the characters to come caught my attention and so I will be stalking the author because I need the next books ASAP.
Elaine
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
Wow, this series gets better as it goes along. The first two books are excellent stories and blew my mind as does this book. If I could, I would definitely give this book more than 5*. I so enjoyed reading this. Loved the plot and all the same characters as before. I love Elisa Braden's writing style. I hope there will be more from this series.

Elena
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mary Larsen
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I loved book 3 Collins story. I loved Sara and cousin's interactions both funny and serious. It was also great to see the other family members as well as Colin gained their forgiveness.
Ashley
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olanrewaju Olarinde
I have read other reviews in which people claimed to eventually like Colin after all he did in the previous books of the series. I do not share the sentiment. I was kind of warming up to him seeing as he was making an effort to change and he seems to regret his past actions but he spoilt it all when he said he believed that a 16 or was it 17 year old innocent he seduced would move on to someone else when he was done with her. As if he was talking about some loose or experienced woman. That kille ...more
M. Ceryll
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh ELISA, you are wicked for making me like the scoundrel of the past two books.
Colin Lacey has done a lot of unpardonable things in the past that even if he only lives in Elisa's books , I had a hard time imagining him changing and finding his own love in Sarah.
What I like best in this book is plot of working together to gain individual goals. Something we all can relate to.
Another great addition to the rescued from ruin series .
Brittany
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book three in the series. I really am enjoying it a great deal. In this book, we get Colin's story. He has done really horrible things so I was really glad that we got to see him change and get a HEA. I enjoyed it a great deal.
Sowm
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked the story. Went into the book absolutely determined to not like Colin, the degenerate rake. But was pleasantly surprised.
What was the mystery all abt with the villian’s daughter Hannah ? Will we ever get to know? Is there a book about this ? Does anyone know?

Like : it has to be the heroine, Sarah. She is strong yet gentle . She has grit.
Not so like : nothing much that stood out.

Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Oct 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
WARNING!! Don't buy this book!! If you don't like hearing about torture of the hero Colin of the story and then vague references to a 12 year old girl being raped and molested by the heroine Sarah Battersley stalker Felix Foote. Then don't bother with this story. I will admit I enjoyed the middle of the story but To Cut The Heroine's Throat toward the end of the story was a Bridge to Far for me. Yes Sarah lives but why so much gruesome scenes at the beginning and the end of the story? This Ruine ...more
Dawn-Desiree
I was not really certain Colin could redeem himself, much less that I would even like him as the "hero", but I was wrong.
Colin works under cover to help destroy a deceitful owner of illegal gaming enterprises. One who captured Colin and tortures him to give up the name of person who sent Colin.
Colin escapes and is rescued by Sarah.
They share time together and become close, which is not good when you are on the lamb from a killer. Colin leaves to protect Sarah and her family.
There is more to t
Vee
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: close-favorites
Colin really came up to snuff in this book and I was pleasantly surprised. Such a great book and I look forward to more from this author. Maybe a couple of other titled Lord's will get their own books? lol
Brianna
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Colin was amazing in this book. His character was very well-drawn, and I loved that his past wasn't conveniently washed away. He spent so much time trying to regain his honor and be a better man, it was impossible for me to dislike him. Sarah, the heroine, was amazing. I loved how strong she was, not backing down from anyone. I think she may be my favorite heroine in this series so far, but that's difficult to say. I thought she and Colin made a great couple, though. I also loved Sara
Lady Day
Enjoyed, although the heroine goes and performs a stupid act. Also, not sure if Colin is completely redeemed. His behavior in books one and two of the series is not easily forgivable.
BJ
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good
I've avoided re-reading this book, because I didn't find the H at all redeemable. And for me, he still isn't, and this time I found that I really didn't much like the h much either. Still the adventure was good, the H is rebuilding his life, unlike the ones he hurt directly and indirectly, they died! The h is a good person, and very much in love with him. It was good to see the evil OM getting what he deserved and all the lovely moments with the other characters in the series. It was OK, but the ...more
Martel
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great ! I'm going to read the third installment of the Rescued from Ruin series.
It's about... Collin Lacey.
description
The guy that seduced an innocent young girl and abandoned her when she was pregnant, driving her to suicide. The one that set up another young woman for a wager and ruined her, and then let his brother deal with the consequences of his actions. He is the hero. Him. Why ?
3.5 stars.
But then, if you can stomach Collin, it could be 5 for you.
Sandy
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

All three books in this series are great. The characters are well developed and the plots and sub plots have twists and turns that keep you guessing. Very well edited and researched. If you are a huge regency fan like me, don't miss this series. Ms. Braden is a bright new star!
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I did not like Colin in the previous books and i was unsure if i would have my opinion changed and it did. This book was delightful and i especially enjoyed seeing the characters from the other books. I can't wait to read about Clatham and hopefully something about Hannah. I find myself curious about her story.
Sandra R
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well written, romantic, steamy, dramatic, interesting and the historical setting felt 'right'. This whole series is fabulous !
Lynsey A
I've been waiting a long time to read this book. It took awhile for the library to order it and then someone else got it before me (pretty sure it was someone who works at the library, but I digress).

This is the third book in Braden's Rescued from Ruin series and it is about Colin, who is definitely a scoundrel. If you haven't read the first two books in this series, I recommend reading them first. Colin is not a very likable character and I wasn't very fond of him going into this story. With w
Ashley Nicole
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
BigComfyChairBookReviews
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not Quite A Redemption Story
I tried to read Colin’s story without prejudice, but as another reviewer said:
“It is inconceivable…that a man responsible for a young woman's seduction, pregnancy, and abandonment, - leading to her suicide would be recast as a romantic hero. That his churlishness leads to her brother being killed in a duel by his own brother further indicates a character not worthy of life.”
I was prepared when I started reading to forgive Colin, to give him a chance at redemption, bu
GigiReads
did not work for me

I have enjoyed the two previous books in the series
immensely and in fact, I credit this author with pulling me out of a huge historical romance slump. For readers familiar with the series, this is Colin's book, the scapegrace brother of the Duke of Blackmoor and villain of the previous two books. I love an anti hero and was really looking forward to seeing how the author was going to redeem Colin who, in my opinion, was pretty unredeemable after his actions in the previous bo
Lubnaa (Romance Library)

Wise words from Lady Wallingham:
"Bah! Regrets do not interest me. Make better decisions and cease nattering about it."

This was a pretty good read. The author did a wonderful job redeeming Colin.

I did like Colin and Sarah together, but their romance was not as compelling as Victoria & Lucien's and Jane & Harrison's. I thought it was a bid odd how Sarah quickly trusted Colin and allowed him to stay in her room, despite her usual wariness towards men.

I really enjoyed seein
Theresa
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Formulaic

Elisa Braden is pretty much locked into a formula in this series: damaged man/rake/scoundrel is saved by a spunky woman teetering on the edge of ruin, usually by the actions of the hero. Invariably the heroine has to be rescued from the villain du jour and there has to be hesitation for each of them about expressing their love. Of course after much sex and a little confession, those hesitations are overcome and we have the inevitable HEA.

The story is just interesting enough and the cha
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 02, 2015 05:10PM

• Captain's Price
  • Tempting Mr. Weatherstone (Wallflower Weddings, #0.5)
  • Her Favorite Duke (The 1797 Club, #2)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Heiresses (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #4.5)
  • The Duke of Ruin (The Untouchables, #8)
  • The Untouchable Earl (Fallen Ladies, #2)
  • How to Marry a Marquess (Wedded by Scandal, #3)
  • The Heart of a Scoundrel (The Heart of a Duke, #6)
  • A Good Rogue Is Hard to Find (The Lords of Worth, #2)
  • Marry in Scandal (Marriage of Convenience, #2)
  • The Wager (Sisters of Scandal, #2)
  • The Horny Night Gaunt
  • Lady Charlotte's First Love (The Sutherland Sisters, #2)
  • Earls Just Want to Have Fun (Covent Garden Cubs, #1)
  • Undeniable
  • Mastering The Marquess (Bound and Determined, #1)
  • Owning Arabella
  • The Reluctant Duchess
Reading romance novels came easily to Elisa Braden. Writing them? That took a little longer. After graduating with degrees in creative writing and history, Elisa spent too many years in “real” jobs writing T-shirt copy ... and other people’s resumes ... and articles about giftware displays. But that was before she woke up and started dreaming about the very unreal job of being a romance novelist. ...more

Rescued from Ruin (9 books)
  • The Madness of Viscount Atherbourne (Rescued from Ruin, #1)
  • The Truth About Cads and Dukes (Rescued from Ruin, #2)
  • The Devil Is a Marquess (Rescued from Ruin, #4)
  • When a Girl Loves an Earl (Rescued from Ruin, #5)
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Lord (Rescued from Ruin, #6)
  • Anything but a Gentleman (Rescued from Ruin, #7)
  • A Marriage Made in Scandal (Rescued from Ruin, #8)
  • A Kiss from a Rogue (Rescued from Ruin #9)
“Perfection is, after all, a form of banality.” 2 likes
“Softheaded sentiment has numerous causes but only one result: calamity.” —The Dowager Marchioness of Wallingham to Lady Berne upon hearing said lady’s plans to acquire a cat.” 0 likes