Start by marking “Burning Yves (Benedicts, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Burning Yves (Benedicts, #2.5)

Burning Yves

(Benedict-Savant #2.5)

In this explosive short story, discover what Yves Benedict was thinking when he met his soulmate Phoenix for the first time.The Benedict brothers all have different abilities and powers. One can move things with his thoughts alone, another can heal. Yves Benedict is the second youngest of the seven brothers and he has the ability to set things on fire with his mind. This m ...more
Kindle Edition, A Savant Novella, 41 pages
Published December 1st 2015 by Oxford University Press

To ask other readers questions about Burning Yves, please sign up.
NAT.orious reads ☽ Hey Lisa :) In case you don't have an Amazon account - create one. Then download the books on Amazon for free - they should be available in English in…moreHey Lisa :) In case you don't have an Amazon account - create one. Then download the books on Amazon for free - they should be available in English in most countries. After you did that - download the Amazon kindle app on your phone - log in with your Amazon details and off you go. Have fun reading the 2 stories :)(less)

Start your review of Burning Yves (Benedicts, #2.5)
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Burning Yves is the second of Joss Stirling's free short stories in the Savants series and it gives us a second chance to see the first meeting between Yves and Phoenix but this time from his point of view. Again I'd recommend reading the short story after the main book (Stealing Phoenix) so you're familiar with the characters.

The story starts a little before the beginning of the first book and it's nice to get a chance to see inside geeky Benedict brother Yves' head. He's not as confident as th
Tiffany Heywood
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Burnimg yves is a spinoff types of book by joss stirling where we see his point of view of the begginning of the book and when he finds out that pheonix is his soulfinder.
I loved this book as we saw him trying to work out who girl was and then when he found out who, how his feelings change straight away. We saw him want to care for her after the harm he caused her. I absouletley loved it.
wish we had full books of the boys views
Maud
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
Yves if my favourite brother and I would not have minded it if this was the complete book from his POV.
Marie
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sooo good! But I wished we had gotten more...
Lisa
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: soulmates
I loved this short book, you really experienced Yves feelings when he met Phoenix and his uncertainty with girls. I wished the plubiced this book not only for kindle but also for other readers.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Because the graduation story was tossed in the beginning. Disappointed that it was word for word after that with Stealing Phoenix.
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
(2.5)

Stealing Phoenix is my least favourite of the Benedicts/Finding Sky/Savants series because Yves comes across as such a controlling and possessive character, and reading this made me kind of understand why, but it's still no excuse. Not here for it.
Anne
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I hoped for a longer story...
I wish we could read from more of the benedicts perspectives
Krystyna
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super powers come with added responsibility

A great start to the story. Being one of seven brother, means that he had to toughen up which is good news as he is definitely a geek. It doesn't help that in a family with super powers, his are fire (especially when stressed or in danger). All of his brother are looking for their female counterpart. Maybe he will be lucky on the trip to London with his two other brothers. When a teenage girl keeps trying to steal his stuff and gets hurt in the process
Martina Galimberti
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
As i said before with the Challenging Zed book, i wish it went more in detail with phoenix as i want to now how he felt about all the situation. the book should continue as a copy of stealing phoenix just from a different point of view.
Pierina
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Yves. He is so adorable and I loved reading this side of him. It is one perspective when reading from Phee's side but to actually be given a short story from Yves's perspective really helps with his characterisation.
the_queen_of_books24
4.5 stars. Not as good as Challenging Zed, but still REALLY GOOD. A little bit annoying that he kept referring to her as "his", though. I get the sense that in these older YA novels they hadn't got out of the rut of "calling someone yours is cute." 🙄
Anna
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5

I liked Zed's story better
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an okay short story, and it was good to see things from Yves' point of view. It did make me want to read stealing phoenix again though.
6.5 out of 10
Serena
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yves is my fav Benedict
Sharon
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2018
I still think that the opportunity of knowing the both sides of the story even if it’s hot the whole story... it’s amazing, I’m so in love with these series and with the Benedict Brothers 🧡
Amel  Armeliana
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a novella from Yves's POV and I like it. Yves really is a HOT ones and we're not talking about him producing fire here 😁. A must read side story of this series.
Emily Guscott
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was super interesting to know why Yves was in London when he met Pheonix and it was also nice to know how he felt when they first met each other too!
☆ Naomi ☆
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely short story about the Benedict brother, I just wished that it was a little longer, I really enjoyed the other books as well.
Irina
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found about this novella today (April 16, 2016) and I needed to read it like right now, so I did. Yves has always been my favourite, ergo my ranking.

My state right now *hugs knees in a dark corner, shaking forward and backward while chanting "more Yves, please" *

The first chapter was EVERYTHING. :)
Francisca Todi
The short stories from the Benedicts' POV are similar. They started out terrific (I love the graduation story), only to fizzle out after meeting the soulfinder. I wish there was more to discover in the story, but hey, I shouldn't complain too much when the author has generously given us a freebie, right? :)
Lucina

A nice shortstory that makes me want to read "Stealing Phoenix" again, but it doesn't add much to the story. We learn more about Yves insecurities (I never saw him as a geek, nerd or invisible, as was implied in this story) and that's it, the rest is known from "Stealing Phoenix".
Bethany
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
I love this series and find the boys perspectives so interesting and despite the fact I know how the rest of the book goes I found myself dissapointed that it finished. However upon finishing it I saw that there's to be another one this year about Summer and hopefully Victor's soulfinder!
Catherine
It was a nice read. I enjoyed reading from another point of view. Yves definitely thinks in a different way, as compared to Phoenix who narrated the original book. It was also interesting to learn how Zed became the bad boy we know.
Fluffy
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nice little short. I love books from the guys perspective and these really give you a nice new view on the situation. It also makes you snigger with little references that you know the eventuality of.
In essence a cute little teaser of the series.
Kirstyn-maree
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Entertaining insight into the 'geeky' Yves's mind. A good teaser for anyone testing the waters with the 'Stealing Phoenix' book.
Elen-Hâf
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have always had a soft spot for Yves. And I have enjoyed seeing the events from his point of view.
Chelsea Beaton
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Takes me back a few years when I first read the series. Nice short free read
Sonal Singh
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yves has always been by favourite. This novella is about Yve,s before he meets his soulfinder Phoenix. Burning Yves made me to read Stealing Phoenix again! :)
Kristin Davison
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
27/12/15 - 5 stars
19/12/16 - 4 stars

A quick look into Yves's world, a little bit repetitive of stealing Phoenix.

Price: freebie

#COYER

• Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy, #4.5)
  • Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • Orange Orange 2
  • Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)
  • Honest: My Story So Far
  • Say Car For Me – Bonus Brian POV Scene (Cinder & Ella, #1.5)
  • Nosotros en la Luna
  • The Eve Illusion (Eve of Man, #2)
  • Morpheus: la profecía de la machi (Morpheus, #2)
  • The Space Between
  • Dating Sarah Cooper
  • A Deafening Whisper (Music of the Soul #2)
  • All the Love Songs (Celebrities, #2)
  • Bridgefinders (The Echo Worlds, #1)
  • Dating Game (Music of the Soul #3)
  • Karaoke Queen (Music of the Soul #4)
  • Silent Bob (Music of the Soul #5)
  • Broken Song (Music of the Soul #7)
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado.

In a second series, Struck, Joss begins a new world of detective romance. The f

Benedict-Savant (6 books)
  • Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
  • Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)