Start by marking “The Highlander's French Bride (The Highlander's Bride #5)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's French Bride (The Highlander's Bride #5)

The Highlander's French Bride

(Highland Brides #5)

Heir to a lairdship, Kinnon Macrory is driven to prove his worth by fighting the English on the battlefields of France. His dreams of heroic valor are destroyed by the realities of war-the atrocities visited by fellow soldiers on the very people he is sworn to protect. Three years in a French prison for a crime he did not commit leave Kinnon longing for the one thing of be ...more
Published November 27th 2015 by Short Dog Press

Start your review of The Highlander's French Bride (The Highlander's Bride #5)
Alison
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By Cathy MacRae
(The Highlander's Bride #5)

Kinnon Macrory is driven to prove his worth by fighting the English on the battlefields in France. The realities of war crush all of his dreams of heroic valor. He is an honorable man and because of that honor he spends three years in a french prison for a crime he didn't commit. Now all Kinnon longs for is the one thing of beauty in his war torn life- a young woman of great kindness and wisdom named Melisende.

Melisende de la Roche struggles so hard to s
Donna
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
coming soon
Diedra Eby
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is why I read romance

It's clear why Cathy MacRae is an award winning author. Finally, a story that wasn't predictable. Memorable characters that weren't sickeningly sweet or entirely despicable. Beautiful settings. Loveable animals. Just a great story that kept me flipping pages.
MaryD
I just really, really didn't get into this one. I found myself not caring what happened to either Kinnon or Melisende de la Roche. Maybe it was the time-jumping, maybe the relationship between the two really didn't develop for me, but I gave it a try & it didn't work. I'm not going to "not recommend" it because I know others who loved it, but it's not for me. ...more
Gwamsa
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melisende and Kinnon

There is a lot of war and strife separating these two lovers and I have to give props to Ms MacRea for her successful description of the atrocities and brutality brought about because of war.
Fred Grigor
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

Lovely sympathetic story. I love time travel novels or stories which go back in time. This did not disappoint. Would recommend.
Sharon
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A different perspective, as it takes place in France instead of Scotland. It shows the horror of being caught between two warring factions and the devastation for civilians. The love story was second to the war story in this book, but still came through in the end.
Christie Gilkey
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series.

This book was about a journey to find love and happiness. I would have liked to see the main characters have more time together but nonetheless love persisted.
Jennine Mahoney
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

I love this series it's interesting and. An easy read series. Great for rainy day reads. Scottish romance is one of my favorites
Sandy S
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 27, 2015

Heir to a lairdship, Kinnon Macrory is driven to prove his worth by fighting the English on the battlefields of France. His dreams of heroic valor are destroyed by the realities of war—the atrocities visited by fellow soldiers on the very people he is sworn to protect. Three years in a French prison for a crime he did not commit leave Kinnon longing for the one thing of beauty in his war-torn life—a young woman of great kindness and wisdom
April
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
"The Highlander's French Bride by Cathy McRae is Book 5 in "The Highlander's Bride" Series, but can be read as a stand alone.
WOW! Follow, these complex characters from France to Scotland and back again. During a time of turmoil, struggles, danger and challenges.
An emotional, compelling and powerful tale that will have readers turning pages and seating on the edge of their seat.
Well written, full of French history, intricate background, so vivid you feel transported to France.
The characters are
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Cathy MacRae has created the ideal blend of rugged Scottish hero with the passion and determination of a beautiful French woman.

Read full review in the 2016 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Ann L
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I've read all in this series and I can say I've enjoyed each and every one of them. It takes you for the most part to France, but is still about a Highlander Kinnon MacRory. This is his story, and one you won't want to put down.
Dawn Hamilton
Aug 08, 2016
karen lloyd
Mar 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Sexy Scot (Highlanders Through Time, #2)
  • Her Highland Secret
  • His Highland Lass (The Clan Sinclair Book 1)
  • Scandalous Scot (Highlanders Through Time, #4)
  • A Heartless Laird (Clan Ross, #1)
  • The Chief (Order of the Broken Blade, #4.5)
  • Vikings' Brides Box Set
  • A Hardened Warrior (Clan Ross Book 2)
  • Seductive Scot (Highlander's Through Time #3)
  • Happily Ever After
  • Her Highlander's Heart
  • Her Broken Highlander (Highlanders of Cadney Book 3)
  • Unmasking the Devious Highlander: A Steamy Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • The Highlander's Hellion (The Sutherland Legacy #3)
  • The Scot
  • Healing the Tormented Highlander
  • The Scot's Spy (Highland Swords, #2)
  • Alpha Knows Best (Wicked Good Witches #2)
Amazon best-selling author Cathy MacRae enjoys weaving tales of romance in the Highland mists. Her stories feature strong heroes and feisty heroines in pursuit of their happy-ever-afters in medieval Scotland.

When not writing, Cathy can be found curled up in a chair with a book or enjoying the outdoors with a German Shepherd or two. She is currently working on another Highland romance novel and pl

Highland Brides (5 books)
  • The Highlander's Accidental Bride
  • The Highlander's Reluctant Bride (The Highlander's Bride #2)
  • The Highlander's Tempestuous Bride (The Highlander's Bride #3)
  • The Highlander's Outlaw Bride (Highlander's Bride, #4)