Start by marking “Tales from Valleyview Cemetery” as Want to Read:
Tales from Valleyview Cemetery

Tales from Valleyview Cemetery

Welcome to Valleyview, where bodies lie buried but an ancient curse never sleeps. A father hears strange voices on his daughter's baby monitor. A trio of gravediggers faces a swarm of supernatural creatures. A group of teenagers puts a mausoleum legend to the test. A husband and wife take a stroll through a corn maze that they'll never forget.

Tales From Valleyview Cemetery
Published November 25th 2015 by Cemetery Gates Media

To ask other readers questions about Tales from Valleyview Cemetery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from Valleyview Cemetery

Marie
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I started reading it and couldn't hardly put it down as I wanted to keep reading the stories. Favorite stories were: The Caretaker, All Hallow's Eve, Out to Lunch, Vermin, Easy Prey, Moria's Homecoming, and One Foot in the Grave. Four stars for this one!
Quentin Wallace
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty cool collection of stories. They are all set around Valleyview Cemetery, and many of the stories take place IN the cemetery. The time frames all different, as we have modern stories, stories from the 80s, older stories etc. Each one is pretty spooky, and overall this is a cool collection. There's even an appendix that linked the stories together, but I really was expecting a little more interaction between the stories.

Overall though a very entertaining and spooky short story co
Amber Rose (Rose Reviews)
It was good, but I thought it'd be scarier.
Jeanine
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good collection of stories centered around a cemetery.
Ryan
Brunel & Sullivan have compiled another curious and strange anthology. The primary focus, as the title states, is the Valley Cemetery, located in Lestershire, Pennsylvania, a town with a twisted and secret past. Step through the gates and you might find the undead, cults, or demons. Here are a couple of my favorite tales:

OTHER VOICES, OTHER TOMBS-a factory fire at the turn of the century, a backyard filled with dead bodies, and vengeful spirits speaking retribution for their untimely demise.
Pete
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I recently read "Tales From Valleyview Cemetery" expecting something along the lines of Alvin Schwartz's "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark." There are some similarities - namely, the author's knack for suspense and unpredictability, and the fact that many of the short stories borrow elements of traditional ghost stories and legends.

The thing about "Valleyview" that sets it apart is that the book's 17 stories can be read individually, collectively, and in any order, yet contain a unifying theme
Purvi Petal
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Purvi by: John Brhel
Shelves: reviewed
3.5 st⭐rs out of 5 st⭐rs
Bleak but not bizarre, deadpan macabre. I guess, it is meant more for the first timers and early readers of creepy chillers. That is how Tales From Valleyview Cemetery is like.

Tales From Valleyview Cemetery by John Brhel

I read it, liked it in parts, but you hardly can enjoy ghost stuff if it is too morbidly real and maybe even predictable. It is not a bad pick, but not exactly a turn on for shivers.
Like anecdotes, incidences, accidents, reported and compiled. Eerie yes, sometimes even sinister. Ghostly that leav
Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. See more reviews at GenuineJenn.com

I love a good ghost story! I have always loved those short ghost stories from my childhood, those scary stories to tell in the dark or by the campfire. This book delivers just that, a selection of scary stories about ghosts, demons and occult. They are all tied to this one cemetery, Valleyview. Some have other tie ins but mainly it is the cemetery itself that is the big connector. It is fun to re
James Adams
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a passable collection of interconnected horror stories, centering around a small-town cemetery. Many of the stories are cliches, old saws we've all seen before, but these are actually the best of the lot, having the proper rhythms and structures to them. The attempts at new stories get a little lost, or too abrupt.
The book, as a whole, reminds me of The Uncanny Valley: Tales from a Lost Town by Gregory Miller, but not nearly as good. The parallels are numerous, but this is the lesser boo
Iesha (In east shade house at...)
Tales From Valleyview Cemetery was a really good read. The stories centers about Valleyview Cemetery, and are told in a spooky yet enticing to read. I personally would love to see a series out of these. They remind me of The Twilight Zone.
Kreepylady
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice, quick, & easy read. I took my time with it, just reading one or two stories a bit before bed. Each spooky-themed tale is centered around a location (Valleyview Cemetery), but are otherwise unconnected, so you can read at a leisurely pace.

My rating is actually 3.5 stars, but I can't seem to figure out how to do half ratings on here. The ideas presented are pretty fun and get you hooked pretty quickly. I only wish some stories were longer, because as soon as you get into it, it just end
Madelon
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
TALES FROM VALLEYVIEW CEMETERY is a collection of interconnected stories where all variety of ghosts and ghoulies come out to play. For the most part, the cemetery is the glue that binds these tales with place as protagonist.

These stories run the gamut of what-happened-in-the-cemetery possibilities running from basic ghost, to demonic ritual, to full-fledged demon.

One thing that I noticed is that most of the stories end very abruptly. That can be quite jarring, not to mention unsatisfying. Short
Keith  Blodgett
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Horror, ghosts, fans of the paranormal
Okay, the last time I really remember being scared, turning on every light and making sure every window and door was locked scared, was was I was eleven or so and 'borrowed' my sister's copy of The Amityville Horror. There's been other times when I got spooked by a book but never downright terrified like Amityville did to a little kid.
That being said there are some pretty good stories in Tales From Valleyview Cemetery. It's well written. Even the 'meh' stories that just acted like filler weren't
Meg
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A one-sit read

Loved these stories. The more I read, the more connected I felt to each of the stories and the town.
Elisse Sharpe
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. quick read. interesting stories.
MrsPyramidhead
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty decent book I enjoyed this much more than Cemetary Gates Year One. Writing was smooth and stories were decent. Not bad and a quick read.
David Burnham
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting, enjoyable collection of short stories based on a common theme.
Lizzie
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spooky collection of short stories that revolve around the town of Lestershire and the Valleyview Cemetery.
Lillian (Inky Insanity)
No spoilers.

I picked this up from the authors at a local comic con. It seemed interesting and I like ghost stories, so I gave it a try.

There are seventeen stories and three apendices, which are mini sequals to some of the stories. Most of them were interesting but didn’t catch my attention. The writing is bland and I couldn’t relate to or understand most of the characters, but I definitely see potential for later books as the authors become more experienced.

The stories and characters occasionall
Meredith Durfy
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
Disclaimer: I was given this book by Cemetery Dance Magazine in exchange for a review and payment. I will review each story individually and then the entire anthology so you can skip those if you want. Angel Music; Angel Music was the first story in the anthology. I felt the writing was very weak and it wasn't very scary. I felt this way because I knew almost nothing about the main character. I knew her name was Brenda and she was not originally from the town. I had no reason to care about her. ...more
Bruce Blanchard
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gather In the Cemetery

Pick a place, pick any place, weave a volume of stories around it. In this case, it's the Valleyview Cemetery. The reader isn't sure about what they're going to encounter though they all revolve around the cemetery. The stories go the range from redemption, bizarre happenings, close encounters with the dead, and sacrifice. Journey through the book and you will understand a little bit more about the place with explanations at the end, with notes on the stories themselves, an
Received a free copy for honest review.

Tales from the Valleyview Cemetery is a book of short stories that revolve around the cemetery in a small town. The stories can be read individually but they all interconnect with each other. Many of the stories are inspired by traditional ghost stories and myths. One of the things I really enjoyed about this book was the notes section at the back of the book, the authors give us a little more information about what inspired the story etc....Overall I enjoy
E.Y.E.-D
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I picked this up after having read Marvelry's Curiosity Shop and At The Cemetery Gates: Year One.
In this collection the stories were all just good. It was a quick read so definitely worth it but only one of the stories really stood out for me and that was "Other Voices, Other Tombs". Something about this particular story was super creepy to me. I would recommend this for anyone who wants a quick entertaining read.
Karel
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ghosts Abound

The stories are interesting but some leave you wanting for more. A bit more information on some of the stories would have helped but overall intriguing.
Enid
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amusing tales

Cute, funny tales that are quick reads and will entertain. A few have crossover characters but overall each tale is stand alone
Leslie
Robert Evans
Mar 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Haunting of Emily Stone
  • Meditation Now: A Beginner's Guide: 10-Minute Meditations to Restore Calm and Joy Anytime, Anywhere
  • Doorbells at Dusk: Halloween Stories
  • The Grass Monkey and Other Dark Tales
  • Whispering Corridors
  • Angel Manor
  • A Haunting
  • Present at a Hanging and Other Ghost Stories
  • The Unwanted Earl (The Love Birds, #2)
  • The Secret Keeper, book one
  • The Wild Swans
  • Stop The Diet, I Want To Get Off!
  • The Moors
  • Land of Bones
  • Bled
  • Taking the Ice (Ice #3)
  • Green Juicing Diet: Green Juice Detox Plan for Beginners—Includes Green Smoothies and Green Juice Recipes
  • Samurai and Other Stories