Start by marking “What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition” as Want to Read:

The Classic Guide to Real Estate Investing—Updated for a Re-energized Industry!

Real estate is once again a great investment, and this bestselling guide provides everything you need to know to get in now and make your fortune.

What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow removes the guesswork from investing in real estate by teaching you how to crunch numb

Published November 20th 2015 by McGraw-Hill Education

Be the first to ask a question about What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition

Start your review of What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition
Paul Schmidt
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Summary:
This is likely the best real estate book that I have come across. Many of the other books talk about the soft-skills or general tips to keep in mind, but this book provided me with the confidence to start actively analyzing deals by providing me with the calculations (and their uses, strengths, and weaknesses) for acquiring deals. Some key, consolidated themes include:
- Information is a valuable commodity, so you shouldn't expect that it'll simply fall into your lap without some effort
Daniel
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had always wondered how to analyze a real estate investment. I think this book helped me learn how to do that. I enjoyed the chapters in the second part of the book with a separate chapter for each calculation. Its hard for me to remember what some calculations mean but, I will keep trying to learn. I enjoyed reading this book.
Chad Carson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very thorough book on real estate deal analysis. I have it on my shelve as a reference manual. Must read.
Stephanie Brady
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent resource

After reading this book you will probably know more about the math behind investment real estate than most brokers. Good luck
Dimas Sánchez
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book for those interested in investing in the real estate industry.

Plenty of ratios and examples for investing in different properties (a single appartment, an entire building, etc). It also gives you access to a web page where you can analyze cash flows, depreciation, etc.

I recommend to use this book and at the same time use excel to plot all the formulas and construct a personal template to use it to analyze future deals. In this case, it will take more time to read it, but the understa
Corbin
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Comprehensive overview of the figures one can use for deal analysis, as well as others that buyers/sellers and loan providers might take into consideration. Each section went over the calculation, as well as examples of how they might play out in certain scenarios. Somewhat on the dryer side, but useful information to lean into data-driven decision-making as opposed to impulsive or wishy-washy impressions to evaluate potential deals.
Matt McLain
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020-books-read
This book was consistently in the “must read” category for real estate investors and unfortunately for me I wasn’t ready for it. It was over my head. I will reference it as needed for all of the calculations it offers and tax insights (If I don’t just google it) but not much is sticking in the brain from this book.
Jonathan Wylie
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, real-estate
best book I have read so far on how to anaylze properties as a real estate investor. This is a must read. I am glad I did not read this book first because I think I would have been to overwhelmed. Very thankful for this book and for Frank Gallinelli. ...more
Heather Balog
I can’t rate this book because I didn’t understand 70%. I read it for my husband because he wanted me to be knowledgeable in our investing in rental properties but I have a headache instead. Too much math for a die hard language arts fan 😂😂😂. But very thorough and organized. I’m sure it will help those of you that actually care about this subject.
Karl Dela Cruz
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great refresher for people familiar with financial analysis and amazing for first time readers

Easy read, straight to the point! Author does a great job explaining the concepts and backing it up with examples and exercises for you to try. Must read book!
Ryan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book on real estate investing - I thought I had a decent understanding of these financial measures, but this book (and particularly the first half of it) really helped me to grok them in a way I hadn't before. ...more
Andrew D
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If your serious about rental real estate you have to know the points laid out in this book. Otherwise you’re playing games with your investments.
Harry Harman
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wealth
Few books are remarkable. This is one them!
Quentin
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Extremely informational. Many parts of this book require rereading but it’s worth it.
Yang Zheng
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just a solid well written book about the financial measure of real estate cash flow (with a tinge if humor). This book provides exactly what the title describes. A staple for real estate investors.
Tyler
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very useful information particular in first half. Second half of book is mostly useful for reference.
Gary
Dec 24, 2016
Charles Chang
Feb 06, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth With Intelligent Buy and Hold Real Estate Investing
  • The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Creative Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
  • Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat: The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple
  • The Book on Managing Rental Properties: Find, Screen, and Manage Tenants With Fewer Headaches and Maximum Profits
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Building Wealth One House at a Time: Making it Big on Little Deals
  • The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs, Revised Edition: The Investor's Guide to Defining Your Renovation Plan, Building Your Budget, and Knowing Exactly How Much It All Costs
  • Landlording on Autopilot: A Simple, No-Brainer System for Higher Profits and Fewer Headaches
  • Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes, and Quads: The Fastest and Safest Way to Real Estate Wealth
  • The House Hacking Strategy: How to Use Your Home to Achieve Financial Freedom
  • Crushing It in Apartments and Commercial Real Estate: How a Small Investor Can Make It Big
  • Retire Early With Real Estate: How Smart Investing Can Help You Escape the 9-5 Grind and Do More of What Matters
  • Raising Private Capital: Building Your Real Estate Empire Using Other People's Money
  • Multi-Family Millions: How to Flip and Reposition Small Apartment Buildings for Maximum Profit in Minimum Time
  • The Great Mental Models: General Thinking Concepts
  • Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »