Start by marking “What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition” as Want to Read:

The Classic Guide to Real Estate Investing—Updated for a Re-energized Industry!

Real estate is once again a great investment, and this bestselling guide provides everything you need to know to get in now and make your fortune.

What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow removes the guesswork from investing in real estate by teaching you how to crunch numb

Published November 20th 2015 by McGraw-Hill Education

Be the first to ask a question about What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition

Start your review of What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition
Daniel
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had always wondered how to analyze a real estate investment. I think this book helped me learn how to do that. I enjoyed the chapters in the second part of the book with a separate chapter for each calculation. Its hard for me to remember what some calculations mean but, I will keep trying to learn. I enjoyed reading this book.
Chad Carson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very thorough book on real estate deal analysis. I have it on my shelve as a reference manual. Must read.
Stephanie Brady
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent resource

After reading this book you will probably know more about the math behind investment real estate than most brokers. Good luck
Dimas Sánchez
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book for those interested in investing in the real estate industry.

Plenty of ratios and examples for investing in different properties (a single appartment, an entire building, etc). It also gives you access to a web page where you can analyze cash flows, depreciation, etc.

I recommend to use this book and at the same time use excel to plot all the formulas and construct a personal template to use it to analyze future deals. In this case, it will take more time to read it, but the understa
Ryan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book on real estate investing - I thought I had a decent understanding of these financial measures, but this book (and particularly the first half of it) really helped me to grok them in a way I hadn't before.
Andrew D
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If your serious about rental real estate you have to know the points laid out in this book. Otherwise you’re playing games with your investments.
Yang Zheng
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just a solid well written book about the financial measure of real estate cash flow (with a tinge if humor). This book provides exactly what the title describes. A staple for real estate investors.
Tyler
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very useful information particular in first half. Second half of book is mostly useful for reference.
Kristin
Mar 27, 2020
Vincent Delaurenti
Aug 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
  • Building Wealth One House at a Time: Making it Big on Little Deals
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat: The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple
  • The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs, Revised Edition: The Investor's Guide to Defining Your Renovation Plan, Building Your Budget, and Knowing Exactly How Much It All Costs
  • Real Estate Investing Gone Bad: 21 true stories of what NOT to do when investing in real estate and flipping houses
  • The Book on Negotiating Real Estate: Expert Strategies for Getting the Best Deals When Buying & Selling Investment Property
  • Big Debt Crises
  • The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor
  • Multi-Family Millions: How to Flip and Reposition Small Apartment Buildings for Maximum Profit in Minimum Time
  • Retire Early With Real Estate: How Smart Investing Can Help You Escape the 9-5 Grind and Do More of What Matters
  • Tax-Free Wealth: How to Build Massive Wealth by Permanently Lowering Your Taxes
  • The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
  • Long-Distance Real Estate Investing: How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Rental Properties
  • The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One

News & Interviews