Start by marking “Skies of Dripping Gold” as Want to Read:
Skies of Dripping Gold

Skies of Dripping Gold

In an angry, frightened world where the Poison claims many lives, a young man’s belief in Paradise has collapsed into a distant dream. Gabriel can no longer place his trust in the existence of such a place. Not when his sister’s pain continues to sap her strength. Not when prayers for her healing go unanswered.

As the Poison progresses, eating away at Lilly’s life, Gabriel
Published December 5th 2015 by Terebinth Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Skies of Dripping Gold, please sign up.
Hannah Heath Good question! It is available as both a Kindle ebook and a paperback.

Kindle: http://amzn.to/2iVUnUy

Paperback: http://amzn.to/2ja9NCD

Start your review of Skies of Dripping Gold
Hannah Heath
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This short story is awesome. I've heard the author is a bit weird, though.
Donna
You know what's beautiful? This. This is beautiful. Simple, heartfelt, lovely, and real. I cried in the bathroom over it.
Shannon Hiner
Skies of Dripping Gold is told from the point of view of Gabriel, a young man living in a dystopian hell, whose sister, Lilly, is suffering the ill effects of "the Poison". Gabriel struggles with his lack of faith in a paradise or heavenly afterlife. In contrast, his sister's belief is unwavering even in the face of her incredible pain.

This story was not really about the dystopia, or the poison. The reader's questions about the surrounding circumstances are only answered as far as is
S. M. Metzler
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(WOW. For some reason I never put up my review of this book on Goodreads and it came out more than a year ago. What is my mind doing.)

I think all of us have important questions regarding Life, the Universe, and Everything. How did we get here? Why are we here? What is our purpose? I think the biggest question in this category would be, Why do we live in a world of pain and suffering?

This story, only 35 pages long, is a beautifully written dark dystopian, but full of insp
J.E.
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I rarely enjoy Christian Fiction. There are a lot of different reasons. One of the big ones is because a lot of Christian books are scared to genuinely and honestly deal with real pain. It's always tempered with cliche "Christianese" and pat answers. And this is a travesty to me, because it's not the experience I've had with fellow Christians. The Christians I know are brave enough to face the pain head on and believe in God even still.
This short story is a raw, unflinching look at true pain
Grace Crandall
"As far as he(Gabriel) was concerned, there were only two all-important laws on earth: 1. don't murder people 2. don't swear in front of Lilly."-Skies of Dripping Gold, Hannah Heath.
So, this line made me giggle. in the midst of a thirty-page book about darkness, hope, and faith, there was somehow room for some humor too. Skies of Dripping Gold has a tremendous range of emotion, put down in ethereal prose that serves as stark contrast to the bleakness of its dystopian city world.
I fell in
Hallie Jenkins
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody
After I read Hannah Heath's most recent publication, Colors of Fear, I knew I had to get my hands on this story ASAP. I had high expectations, and I was not disappointed!

I mean, my heart was viciously shattered into a million pieces, but I enjoyed every second of it! Heath's writing style is an absolute joy to read! Her description is vivid, her characterization is phenomenal, (especially considering the length of the story) and her portrayal of emotions is spot on.

The st
Emilie S
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short story packs a powerful punch.
It's subject is an honest reality for many people of every age. Struggles, especially health struggles, for you, or in this case a family member is so common.
But this story takes you to a place where you can finally see the beauty through the storm of your life.
It's gut wrenching honesty is beautiful and well written.
Give it a quick read!
K.L. + Pierce
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very engaging Christian dystopian short story that is amazingly complex. What I have to say about this book is really just the tip of the iceberg.

The Characters

This story is very much-character driven, with three characters being the focus of the book. Gabriel is the protagonist, and the most developed of the three. He is a man that has lost his faith. He also loves his sister, Lily, more than anything else in the world. While Gabriel doesn’t believe in Paradise, he doesn’t try to dissuade Lil
Deborah Kelty
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of all the ones I've read on Christian indie-fiction, besides Child of The Kaites, this one is the most obvious in terms of its message and allegoric themes, and on that note, it's pretty basic.
The world's citizens are infected and dying by a disease known as The Poison (sin), with a building named The Cliff which holds an elevator that supposedly, takes people to a place of peace and hope where skies drip gold, just through a press of a button.
(Heaven through faith in salvation.
Hannah Marie
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was so satisfying on so many levels... (THAT ENDING, MAN.) It was such a beautiful story, full of meaning & depth. It was a lovely reminder & a huge blessing to read!

A full review will be coming on my blog very soon!
Janelle Garrett
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Skies of Dripping Gold is a beautiful, haunting story. I read a lot, yet it is rare to find something that really touches you, in your heart and soul. But this story did. The sibling relationship between Gabriel and Lilly was unique. The concept of faith was illustrated in a way I've never read before. The themes of pain, suffering, special needs, and love were powerful. There is really no reason why this story shouldn't be read widely. I loved it.
Katherine Rebekah
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Despite being a Christian, I’m much harder on Christian literature and movies than secular ones, so giving this a five star rating is no small thing. The reason I’m so hard on Christian stories is because I hold them to a higher standard. If you’re going to wright something religious themed, you better darn well get it right, or you’re going to end up turning more people away then bring them in. Unfortunately, many, if not most, Christian stories end up doing the latter and result in several cri ...more
S. M. Metzler
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have nothing negative to say. At all. Every word was put together beautifully. The story was fantastically well done with an unexpected twist. The characterization is amazing, featuring only three characters: Gabriel (main character) who will do anything to make sure his sister Lilly (secondary character) gets to her Paradise she hopes for and Cole (third main), Gabriel's friend whose friendship and loyalty to the brother and sister make the story possible. The sequence of events were put toge ...more
Abby
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Meet Gabriel. He’s a young man working long hours for little pay in order to buy medicine for his sister, Lilly. She’s chronically ill with a disease called the Poison that leaves her in constant pain.

Lilly dreams of a paradise where the skies drip gold; Gabriel believes that there is no God, and no Paradise, but he keeps his thoughts to himself rather than hurt his sister.

There is a famous cliff, and going up this cliff there is an elevator. In the elevator is one button, and above
Beth Wangler
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story. It is beautifully told, the words woven together intentionally.

This story epitomizes what I love about fantasy: The creative backdrop to wrestle with themes in a unique way. I enjoyed reading it, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since--and it's been almost a month. The theme of faith that this story explores is poignant and refreshing to find in fiction. Even more, the internal struggle each character faces--Gabriel's dyslexia, Lilly's illness, Cole's cognitive
Elza Kinde
Gabriel works hard to keep his sister, Lilly, in medicine. Her faith in the place where skies drip with gold keeps Lilly strong though her health continues to decline. But Gabriel knows once she's gone he won't have anything left to live for. So Gabriel decides to climb to Paradise and see for himself where Lilly's belief will take her.

Short and bittersweet, Skies of Dripping Gold is a quick read with huge impact. Thoughtfully written and gut-wrenchingly honest, the story explores pain,
Azelyn Klein
Reread: Definitely enjoyed this short story more the second time around. But I may be biased because I have a signed copy! But in all seriousness, wow. I like Cole even more now. And Gabriel. And just the writing style!

(Initial Read: review originally found on Word Storm.)

I’d started following Hannah Heath’s blogt. a couple months ago, and if you’re a writer, you should definitely check it out! Anyway, Heath did such a good job promoting “Skies of Dripping Gold” recently that I just had to read it.

I was really impre/>(Initial
Faith Chapman
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm biased for two reasons. One, I follow Hannah's blog. She is amazing and if you aren't following her you should go look her up right now. Seriously. Do it.

Two (and this actually counteracts the first one), I struggle with a lot of Gabriel's problems...and I haven't come to EXACTLY as satisfying a conclusion. Just throwing that out there.

Oh, and three (I'm not sure this one counts) - I hate it when the name "Lilly" is spelled with three 'l's. It reflects nothing on the quality of
emrys merlin
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was one of my favorite short stories I read in a while. The characters were interesting, the plot and symbolism were unique, and it was just a solid overall solid. I do have to say though. If you're looking for a nice lighthearted story, then this is not the book for you.

The plot centers mostly around these three characters:

#1. Gabriel, a loyal brother who only cares about buying medicine for his sister Lily to keep the poison from eating away at Lily's life.
Rachel Lester
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

For a short story, it's full of so much truth that is beautifully written. All of the characters have interesting quirks and so much depth to them. I like when I'm able to relate with at least one character. This thing about this story is that Hannah Heath doesn't hide things. She tells it as it is. The raw emotions of the characters are incredibly realistic and they pulled on my heartstrings. Especially Gabriel. Man oh man. He was so well written and there's so much more that ca
Alina
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read my review on my website

My first reaction to reading the last sentence of Skies of Dripping Gold by Hannah Heath was, “Wow.” I had to sit with my feelings for a while before writing my review of this short story. This short story from Hannah was just released on December 5, 2015.

I feel that this is a very powerful debut story for Hannah. The strongest aspect o
Sue
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia
In this interesting and well written short story, we meet the main protagonist Gabriel and his sister Lilly. Gabriel has to work hard for little in return just so he can afford to get medication for his sister who is in constant pain. The two of them dream of Paradise, a place so much more beautiful than the ugly, dirty city they live in. To get to Paradise, you have to take the elevator alongside the cliff, and it shoots skywards into the clouds, but no one has ever returned from Paradise so no ...more
Sarah Terese
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin?

On my travels for inspiration and helpful tips (because I actually bit the bullet and signed up for NaNoWriMo), I came across Hannah Heaths blog. I knew she had published a book, but to be honest, as someone who is trying to find their faith again, I resisted having a look at it because of it being in the Christian YA genre (I don't know why, considering I adore C.S. Lewis).

Any who... I spent days reading Hannah's posts (they are really helpful - go read!)
Aria Maher
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-authors
I was super excited to get this book for Christmas this year! Hannah Heath is an author friend of mine, and I've heard a lot about Skies of Dripping Gold, so I was eager to give it a read.

On the surface, Skies of Dripping Gold reminded me of The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis, but Hannah has her own message and story to tell, and it's definitely not any sort of retelling or anything. It just seems to have a similar vibe to The Great Divorce, if that makes any sense. The story, while quite short,
N.R.B.
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a richly and well told short story. Heath is a great writer. Her voice is powerful. The pace and plot simple but smooth. Her descriptions and world were interesting. I was so caught up Heath's setting and character that when it ended I was thoroughly upset! I really wanted it to be longer. Anyway, as a story revealing the need for faith, it left me with a profound thought. It also left me with rich words to ponder and even gain from as a writer.

Lelia Rose
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Allegories often leave me cold. Maybe I saw this story more as a metaphor, as I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and cannot recommend it highly enough. Beautiful book. I felt like I received a lot of value for my .99 cents. Beautiful writing, beautiful world-building, good characterization.
Aristae Henricus
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why Did I Wait So Long to Read this?

I'm just in awe of how good this story is and I'm shock that I waited so long to read it. Hannah is a bold writer, tackling difficult topics like faith and pain in this story. The only thing wrong with this is that it was too short. I wish it was longer. I need more!
Maggie
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, 2016, short-story, indie
When I learned I had some money left over from an Amazon gift card, I was ecstatic. Naturally, I went ahead and bout "Skies of Dripping Gold," since I had wanted to read it for a while. To be honest, I was expecting a quick weekend read, not much more than that.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Although it is a short story, "Skies of Dripping Gold" is so much deeper than I expected it to be. The dystopian setting was well developed, especially considering the length of the story. The characters were also am
E.B. Dawson
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short story with genuine heart. The author's focus and purpose is clear from the very beginning. She courageously tackles the difficult questions of pain, suffering, and death with a pure, unapologetic simplicity. It was evident the story had great personal meaning to the author, and those are usually the best stories. I can't wait to see her develop as an artist and a storyteller.
I am an author of YA Christian Fiction and Fantasy. I believe that words hold a special kind of magic: They have the power to open the mind, to change the heart, to transform the world. Because of this, it is my goal to use this magic to create stories that encourage and inspire the people who read them. By writing stories with souls, I hopes to better the lives of those around me.

I li
“As far as he was concerned, there were only two all-important laws on earth:

1. Don’t murder people.

2. Never swear in front of Lilly.”
8 likes
“[Anger] gave him the soul to keep fighting no matter how many times the world seemed bent on destroying him. He may be a broken young man, but he would never be a defeated one” 8 likes