Start by marking “Taste (Sovereign, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taste (Sovereign, #2)

Taste

(Sovereign #2)

He came, he saw and he almost conquered, but she had the last laugh—or did she?

Back home in Seattle, Alyssa Jacobs—haunted by the thought of what could’ve been—buries herself in her work, determined to never become a target for anyone ever again. Then, as if right on cue, Barrett Matthews storms back into her life, muddling her mind and teasing her heart, determined to wi
Published January 6th 2016 (first published January 3rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Taste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taste

• Lisa •
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
THREE MYSTERY STARS.

"A heart that I could no longer deny now belonged to two men."

description

If BJ Harvey was crowned the queen of the cliff hanger with part one of this series. Then she can now add queen of the mystery to her list of talents. With a dose of sexy and plenty of twists in just less then 100 pages Harvey has left me needing more. The characters and setting of this serial are all lining up to deliver a cracker of an ending and I'm excited to see where this three part serial will lead me to.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Taste (Sovereign Series #2) by BJ Harvey

“A heart that I could no longer deny now belonged to two men.”

Taste is the second part of this three-part serial and kicks off where Touch finished. This is a book of few answers and way more questions but the thing I loved the most was the mystery. Romantic suspense is how I stumbled across BJ Harvey and while I love her wit in her other series I have missed this side of her repertoire and she is sating my appetite with the Sovereign series.

B
Michelle
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Sovereign Series continues in part two of this three part serial series from BJ Harvey. We’ve met the players; Alyssa, Aiden and Barrett but still don’t have ANY answers. Until now. Okay, so we have a few answers and maybe a ton more questions....

Alyssa has returned to Seattle after realizing that there is far more to Barrett Matthews that meets the eye, but just what he’s up to remains unknown. Enlisting the help of Aiden, part time lover and full time detective, the pieces slowly start to
Tina
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tina ~bookaliciousbabes blog

Alyssa has herself a hard time ahead of her to choose which man she wants. Two alpha males, but one with a sweet heart and the other seems.like he's hiding secrets but is hot as sin. It's a hard spot for Alyssa to be in. They both want her. but one is safe and the other has secrets.

One thing I guarantee was it is hot and sexy with either of them. This book took the hotness factor up about 20 notches. You will pick up this hot as sin read and not put it down until its
Holly Baker
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
After finishing Touch, book one in the three part serial series, Sovereign, I dived straight in to book two, Taste. We were left with a lot of questions at the end of part two, so it was good for my "must-know-it-all-and-know-it-all-now" self to get some of those answers, and the chick finally got laid! *praises the book Gods*

Of course, being only two thirds of the way through a series, I still have more questions: is the company safe? What exactly is Gavin up to? Will her mum get burned in the
Stefanie
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love triangles.....I didn't see that coming
Erin McKinley Carnevale
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So things only get worse. That's not as bad as it sounds. Let me explain...

The book starts off where Touch left off. Alyssa runs off after hearing why Barrett's come into her life and the fact that her mothers fiancée is a real "winner". But then you meet Aiden. The other man in her life and the one she should be with. Seriously, the man sounds hot and he's sweet as hell..

"I’ll fight for you, Aly, till I know there’s nothing left to fight for. I’ve waited a long time to have you here in my arms,
Mary Tatar
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Sovereign series gives you enough in each installment to keep you hooked, and needing more. In great serial fashion, we were left with a cliffhanger in the first book. Thankfully, we pick up right where we left off. We get some more surprises, and also a bug emotional upheaval. I enjoyed getting to know these characters a bit more, and gliding along in the mystery that has become Alyssa's life. I can only describe the feelings while reading as a simmering pot that has begun to boil that has ...more
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Taste is the second installment of The Sovereign Series and it begins to unravel the mysterious Barrett and an unexpected love triangle. Oh yes, a hot steamy love triangle. I'm choosing now, #TeamBarrett

Taste picks up right after Touch with Alyssa Jacobs hiding out in a hotel. After a quick make-out session with Barrett, Alyssa returns to Seattle. She struggles denying her feelings towards Barrett and finds herself latching on to her casual sex partner, Aiden.

“Aiden was determined to show me tha
Lisa
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Taste by B.J. Harvey is the second book in her Sovereign series. After the dramatic encounter that left Alyssa suspicious of her soon-to-be new step-father and the hot man from the plane Alyssa heads back to Seattle to regroup and nurse her pride. When her long time lover arrives from San Fransisco she begins to realize that what you have may be all that you need. But then Barrett shows up again and puts what her and Aiden are just beginning to build at risk. When everything she has worked for a ...more
Abbey's Fully Booked
Ok, so I read this baby straight after Touch thankfully as I hate being left hanging.

In this story we find out more about Aiden, and what a man he is!! I can totally tell why people were jumping all over the place with their #teambarrett and #teamaiden.

I was firmly a Barrett girl when I finished Touch, but after whilst reading Taste, I was like daaaaammmmn Aidan is fineee! Gah i was soo confused.

Once again, the chemistry between the characters was intense, hot & real and you could also feel
Katie
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5-4. At first the beginning of book 2 was a little slow for me. I know Aiden was always there for Aly, but I didn't feel the connection like I did with her and Barrett. They have a better connection and I hope that they will stick together.
Aly just needs to tell Aiden how she feels and not stick with him just because it's safe.
I'm hoping Gavin gets what he deserves!!
Deanna
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fucking fantastic! I love love triangles. Like love!!!!! This is it! Harvey nailed it in this little series.
nicandbooks
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shock after shock

Well Taste has certainly managed to give me more shocks then I expected. For a short novella, BJ Harvey has managed to still develop some quality characters and an intriguing plot line that I don’t want to put down. Continuing straight on from Touch, book 2 of the Sovereign series manages to leave me with more questions then answers (typical BJ!) and now a bit of a love triangle thrown in for good measure.

Alyssa thinks that she can forget Barrett after some shocking truths pu
Lea Dimovski
3 stars

Book two in this serialised read had me wondering why the female protagonist didn’t ask more questions of her mother. The read felt disjointed with plot points that didn’t quite meet.

Felt story could’ve been condensed to one book.
Megan Williams
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!

Great quick short read. Highly addictive. Definitely gonna lead to a book hangover after finishing book #3 Feel - but i can’t wait.
Shemelle
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I wouldn’t want ever to be Lys. Or put in her situation.
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4.5 Stars ~

Wow!!! BJ Harvey knows how to keep a person hanging. This serial will suck you in and keep you hanging and begging for the next release to come out. Is it February yet?? I need the conclusion to this story.

Taste is the second installment in the Sovereign Serial. It is the continuation of Alyssa's story. Like we got in Touch, this was a quick and steamy novella. But it was also so much more than that. T
Natarsha
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With the ending of Touch, BJ Harvey left us with the perfect cliffhanger to build not just a romance, but an intriguing suspense read.

After this book you’re going to have three groups of people…#TeamBarrett, #TeamAiden or #TeamAidenBarrett. Both men could not be any more different and yet both compliment Alyssa perfectly. You have the mysterious Barrett that Alyssa has this intense connection with. It’s difficult to explain them really but to just say that they sizzle! Then you have the sweet,
Jeri A.
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Taste (Sovereign, #2) by B.J. Harvey

✫•°•·✷FIVE STAR FABULOUS✷·•°•✫
★★★★★

Taste
(Sovereign #2)
B.J. Harvey

Alyssa and Barrett are back in part two of the Sovereign series, Taste, by the talented B.J. Harvey. If you're looking for major sexiness and intense attraction with a side order of chaos, look no further. It's all right here in Taste.

I love the intense attraction between these two. Makes for some hot scenes. There's also chaos going on which brings a few crazed emotions with it. From beginning to end, Taste was fantastic. Kept me
Liljerk22
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Taste is part two Sovereign series by B. J. Harvey.  It is told through the main character, Alyssa's POV. My review may contain spoilers if you haven't read part one, Touch.

Taste picks up exactly where it left off in Touch.  Alyssa is still hurt and confused after what she heard between Barrett and her mom's fiance.  Another brief, mysterious encounter with Barrett before she leaves Las Vegas has her head spinning even more.  Luckily she has a close-intimately close friend who is able to help
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)
Taste picks up when Alyssa arrives home, confused, angry and ashamed that she could be so manipulated by dirty words and dirty touches.

In strolls Aiden. Where Barrett is stalking sexual innuendoes, torturous kisses and exuding confidence and for lack of a better word arrogance. Aiden is everything that’s right, he’s Barrett’s absolute opposite and exactly what Alyssa needs to pick herself up and gain back her confidence and self respect.

Aiden and Alyssa have had a friends with benefits type of r
Mandie Foxylutely
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Taste is the second novella in a three part erotic series, Sovereign. At the end of the first book, Touch, the mystery was commenced as well as the sizzling chemistry between Alyssa Jacobs and Barrett Matthews.

Now being armed with some Intel she overheard, Alyssa requests the help of her on/off hook up Aiden. It appears that the initial relationship of Alyssa and Aiden is turning into something more but she still cannot get Barrett out
Tamara
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Taste picks up exactly where Touch left off, Alyssa is devastated by the betrayal of Barrett and runs home, and straight into the arms of Aiden. Good old dependable Aiden who has always been there for her, and who she has only just realised she may have feelings for.

Taste gives us some of the answers from Touch - like who the hell is Barrett and what game is he playing? It however leaves us with more questions - what the hell is up Gavin's butt, and what's with the radio silence from Mom?
Rhiannon
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say, this serial is NO JOKE! Typically when I read a serial I have trouble connecting to the characters or the book itself. Not in this case. BJ Harvey is FN fantastic! Taste demands your attention. When I was finished I had so many emotions running through me, I couldn't contain myself. I might have yelled NOOOOO out loud.

When Alyssa comes home she tries to forget about Barrett & the situation she left behind. With Aiden looking into Gavin, her mother's fiance and Barrett's back
Tracy Supple
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I honestly didn't know what way things were going to play out between Barrett and Alyssa in this book especially after the ending in Touch.
I'm not going to lie I let out a few choice words when reading this book, because I found my self so invested in the main characters.
I loved Alyssa she was such a strong and sassy female lead character but to see how badly she was hurting after over hearing a conversation Barrett was having left me feeling raw for her.
I wanted and need answers as much as Al
Willow
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first book started with Alyssa meeting a hot guy named Barrett and interested in having some fun but an overheard conversation changes the course of their interaction and she is left pissed and looking for answers.
She heads home wanting those answers that she has asked her “friend with benefits” Aiden to get for her. In the process, they move their relationship to more than they have had before, which of course really makes me like Aiden and thinking this is who she should be with. But of co
Kristy
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Taste' is book 2 in BJ Harvey's "Sovereign" series & I'm just over come with what I just read. I'm kinda lost for words, now I'm not really sure just how this series is going to end. Not only do we have a possible steamy love triangle, Alyssa seems to attract alpha males big time... but what we thought was happening in 'Touch'... WOW is sooo much more. I will say that I wasn't sure I'd get enough detail out of the 6 chapters in this book, but B.J. has filled it to the brim, with details, st ...more
Danny Jeffery
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Sovereign series and picks up right from the end of the first book (this should not be read as a stand alone).

Wow this was an action packed second book. I have to say it picked up right from the get go and didn't let up. There were twists and turns and without spoilers the story took a turn that I did not see coming.

This is a quick read but I have to say B.J Harvey has done an amazing job in developing a really intriguing story that will keep you on the edge of y
Cass (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
3.5 Stars

This is the second book in the Sovereign Series and cannot be read as a standalone.
In this instalment we pick up where it's left off from Touch. With Alyssa headed home after finding out things aren't quite as thy seem with Barrett Matthews and her soon to be Step Father.
With the help of her long time friends with benefits Aiden Lawrence they try to put some of the pieces together.
I won't go into anymore detail or it will spoil the story for you, I will say that this instalment of the
« previous 1 3 next »

• Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Last Chance (Delos #0.5)
  • The Club
  • Interrupted Vol. 1 (Interrupted, #1)
  • The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)
  • Indiscretion: Volume Three (Indiscretion, #3)
  • His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts, #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • If We Leap (What If Duet, #0.5)
  • Impossible Promise (The Unchecked Series, #1)
  • Temptation (Lane One #1)
  • Break Me (The Wolf Hotel #2)
  • Shattered Innocence (Shattered, #1)
  • Wildcard: Volume Two (Wildcard, #2)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Protect Me (Protected Love, #1)
  • Covet (Forbidden Series #2)
  • Beautiful Clarity (Beautiful, #3)
BJ Harvey is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Bliss Series. She also regards herself as a smut peddler, suspense conjurer and a funny romance thinker upper.

An avid music fan, you will always find her singing some hit song badly but loving every minute of it. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful girls, and hails from what she considers as the best country in the world—New Zealand. Currently

Sovereign (3 books)