Start by marking “Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)

Red Knight Falling

(Harmony Black #2)

Fresh from their victory over the Bogeyman, FBI agent Harmony Black and her team, Vigilant Lock, face a new type of threat: one from beyond the stars.

They’d always heard the Red Knight was an urban legend: in 1954, three years before Sputnik launched, a mysterious satellite was sighted circling Earth, though no power on the planet had such technology.

But the Red Knight is
Published April 26th 2016 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Red Knight Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Knight Falling

Start your review of Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Minus:
Lots of outsized plot potholes, complete with unbelievable shit going on.
Pluses
Characters of character
Originality
Volatile dynamics
Illegal government conspiracies
Clandestine stuff happening around the clock, overall good pacing.

Q: When you’re part of an illegal government conspiracy, your actual job description gets hazy. For example, say you and your team take a few days of leave time and fly to Boston to hunt down the man who killed a fellow agent. If you’re working off the books, but th
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
🛰️ We're Off to See the Wizard Hunt Falling Satellites Buddy Reread (WOtStWHFSBR™) with the MacHalos and Stuff 🛰️

Previous rating: 4 stars.
New rating: 3.1245664 stars. Bad, bad Sarah, shame on me and stuff. I think I should unleash the crustaceans on my little self for showing such despicable lack of respect to Awesome Mr Schaefer and stuff.

And the moral of this reread is: Too much urban, not enough fantasy. Too many plot holes and characters acting out of, um, character, not enough coherence.
Choko
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
*** 4.44 ***

A buddy read with the UF fiends @ BB&B!!! We need to solve the little demon problem we seem to have....

"...“When you're part of an illegal government conspiracy, your actual job description gets hazy. [...] If you're working off the books, but the books don't officially exist in the first place, have you really gone rogue, or are you just putting in unpaid overtime?” ..."

This was very exciting, as most CS books have proven to be. I have come to enjoy his style of storytelling an
Orient
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Orient by: Gavin

“Let’s face it, Temple. In our line of work, clinical psychopathy is an asset.”

The second book in Harmony series went quite quickly for me. Harmony and her great team are planning another great adventure. This time some space-stuff is (view spoiler) *Lots of eye rolling* Oh come on space-stuff. I tolerate you just because of Harmony and her team! *Sighs* Ok Mr. Schaefer, I can suffer a little bit to have my playdate with Harmony :S

The phrase “Red Knight Fa
Sh3lly
"I don't like it," I said.

"Don't like what?" Jessie asked. "Messing with demons? 'Cause I love it."

This one has Vigilant Lock pursuing a fallen satellite that might be attached to some weird being who wants to take over the world and kill everyone. You know, a real bad guy. Well, not a "guy," more like a multi-dimensional powerful godlike being. You say tomay-to, I say tomah-to.

Jessie shines in this one. I'm still not sold on Harmony and how much I like her or how strong of a character
Gavin
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This second book in the Harmony Black series was every bit as enjoyable as the first. It was packed with the exact same mix of action, humour, likeable characters, and engaging plot that I've come to expect from a Craig Schaefer book.

Harmony and her Vigilant Lock team were back with a new mission: saving the world! This time the threat was a vast supernatural entity that is drawn annually to the Red Knight, an orbiting satellite. The creature has become top priority as its annual visit to the Re
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert 03Apr18: Amazon daily deal $1.99

A buddy read with….
description
“Seriously,” he said. “I really want to know. Why don’t we get gadgets? This is some straight-up James Bond stuff.”
Jessie snatched the pen out of his hand, tossing it over to me. “Because Jason Bourne can kick James Bond’s ass, little man, and that’s how we roll: car chases and parkour.”
“Couldn’t we do car chases and parkour with gadgets?”

So the series is named for Harmony Black and true this is all from her PoV but she is c
Montzalee Wittmann
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Red Knight Falling by Craig Schaefer and narrated by Christina Traister continues the series in this book 2. With an evil from beyond our planet, lots of mysteries to solve, more creatures like Jessie, a nosy reporter, and an object to return to space before the Earth is invaded by something unspeakable....just another job!
Very exciting and crazy good! Lots of suspense and action! Love the narration too!
Eric
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Craig Schaefer delivers again. I’ve now read 7 books that he has written and they have all been consistently entertaining.

Red Knight Falling picks up not long after the end of the last book. Harmony and the rest of the team are given a new mission of the highest priority. A satellite, somehow linked to a powerful hostile entity, is falling to Earth and Vigilant Lock is tasked with recovering the downed satellite. They aren’t the only ones interested, however, and it isn’t long before the
carol.
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: for those times you want UF action without overt sexism
Urban fantasy often falls into what I think of as 'gym reads.' They tend to be light-weight philosophically, action-focused with streamlined writing. Good gym reads are well written enough that they don't remind me I'm pedaling or stepping away in repetitive motion, and great ones may even get me working harder with adrenaline, or keep me on the machine longer than I planned. Schaefer's Daniel Faust series is definitely one of the latter, so I was looking forward to giving his spin-off series st ...more
Nafeeza
description

2/20/17 Buddy Read with my fellow demon lovers hunters over @ BB&B!
Cathy
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a little undecided, if I liked the story more or less than that of the first book. The first book was more classic horror setting, while the second one was a bit more sci-fi. And then straight police procedural/thriller with supernatural elements thrown in. It's done well and the supernatural merges smoothly with the rest. It doesn't just feel like an afterthought or a little add-on. Could be more of it though, for my taste.

The world-building could be a bit more detailed as well for me, bu
Mr. Matt
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-urban, 2016
Harmony Black is back. Fresh off of foiling a supernatural entity that preyed on children in her home town, Special Agent Black finds herself and her team assigned to confront a threat far greater. A mysterious satellite - the Red Knight - is in a steadily decaying orbit and will crash down to Earth in weeks - if not days.

Recovering a sattelite should be no problem, right? Well, unfortunately, this satellite has an occult purpose. It shields the Earth from a Cthulhu-esque entity from between rea
Alaina
This series just keeps getting better!

Red Knight Falling was about a mysterious satellite that is falling back to Earth. Well, have no fear guys because Harmony and her team are on this shit. Well.. once they figure out what the hell they are looking for and why the hell they are looking for it. Oh, and just to make it even more exciting.. there are other people looking for this thing as well.

I love Harmony so much! Her friendship with Jesse basically brings sunshine into my dull life at work.
Nicola
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, e-book, fiction
I’ve been loving the Harmony Black books so far and I was intrigued after the first book to carry on with the next in the series. Another great story and loved the plot and getting to know more of the characters. Definitely going to have to read the next one now after the ending! Glad I continued after the first one and I can’t wait to read more!
Jason
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Red Knight Falling Harmony Black #2 by Craig Schaefer is the second book in a series that is tailor made for my likes. I cannot get enough urban fantasy detective stories these days and Harmony Black strikes all the right chords.

This book are has hot FBI lead agents. Paranormal story lines. A witch or two. A sleeping beast. Demons and things that go bump in the night. And what makes this one so freaking fun is it is a story about a beast in space wanting to consume the earth.

I loved the
Steve
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another solid entry in the Harmony Black series. And of course, it ends on a cliffhanger, prepping the way for the next book in this story arc.
Kara
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Red Knight Falling” is the second in the Harmony Black series, and continues the story of the black ops team “Vigilant Lock” as the team struggles to save the world from occult forces. In this case, saving the world is literal, not figurative!

Harmony Black was initially a character in another of author Craig Schaefer’s series, and the first “Harmony Black” book brought her onto a secret government team (Vigilant Lock) to fight against supernatural villains. The second book continues with supern
Lukasz
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Harmony Black is back. There’s little rest for the Vigilant Lock, a secret op created to deal with occult threats. As usually things go off the rails and a simple side-job turns into saving the world kind of job. Team members must recover the Red Knight satellite that seems to attract a hostile unknown entity. The thing is there’s more than one group of people interested in the satellite and its content.

Mayhem follows.

As usually action is steady, loud and violent. Maybe not 100% logical but I d
Mihir
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

Full review over at Fantasy Book Critic

OVERVIEW/ANALYSIS: Red Knight Falling is the second volume in the Harmony Black series and chronologically takes place after the events of book 1 (Harmony Black) and The Killing Floor Blues. The previous book focused on Harmony and at the same time did an admirable job of setting up the series while also giving us a detailed look into Harmony's past. This book the author decides to switch it up and gives us a look into another character's past. Who it is,
T. K. Elliott (Tiffany)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-urban
This is the second book in the Harmony Black series, and pretty much seals Craig Schaefer as an author I'm going to carry on reading.

In Book 1 (Harmony Black), Schaefer introduces Harmony properly (she's a side-character in Schaefer's Daniel Faust series) and also the Vigilant Lock black-ops FBI team. In Red Knight Falling, he expands Harmony's world and introduces what is probably going to be a multi-book story arc in addition to the Red Knight plot.

I have to say, I really like Harmony's chara
Milda Page Runner
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
3.5*
If I’d rated this book before reading the next one - it would be 3*, so my genuine advice is to read #2 and #3 back to back.
I still had fun but the mystery is less interesting and engaging than in the first book. Also we are introduced to so many new secret government organisations, occult groups and power players – it spreads attention thin and diminishes the suspense. This does pay off in the following book. And there is some nice humour.
Kateblue
May 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
My problem with this book was twofold.

1) I was just reading it so I could get back to the Daniel Faust series. So I begrudged every minute I wasted on Harmony.

2) The plot does this . . .
-there's a bunch of chasing and fighting and they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and then
-there's a bunch of chasing and fighting and they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory . . .

You get the idea. I
Maggie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
1. More than a decent book, enjoyed it.
2. Stopping here

The third book promises antagonists with amplified abilities and significantly increased demand for torture /pain. There was enough torture and evil in this book. Concerned with sliding more into horror as time goes on - it's not my idea of an entertaining read although there are many who love it. If you don't mind dark aspects getting darker with each book, this series is one for you.
Cleo
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

Mini Review:

KEVIN!!!

Kevin is a tenacious little adorable bastard. Basically, I approve and am crushing on a nerdy fictional character.

Jessie, still as maniacal and hyper as ever. She's got innuendos for days and is a little bit of a murdering machine, but like, I love it???

Harmony, yaassss girl, getting fast and loose with the law, scheming and conjuring up storms. Still a bit uptight, but I'm enjoying it.

Not much of April, bit saddened by that. Hope to see more.

LOVED THAT A M
Steffan
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25/5 stars
I liked this book a little less than the first one. In this book, one of my least favorite traits of Craig Schaefer's writing reared it's ugly head. Craig Schaefer has a tendency to add new plots and antagonists without resolving previously added plots and villian's. It gets tiresome to read about villians getting away over and over again while new ones are continuously added. This is also a problem in his Daniel Faust series as well and I just wish he would keep his stories a little
kartik narayanan
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Read the full review at my site https://wp.me/p89tYT-g7

“Thanks for that. I think you pissed her off.” “I hope so. It’s important to make a good first impression.”

The "Harmony Black” series, written by Craig Schaefer, is an urban fantasy starring a female FBI agent who is also a sorcerer. The series consists of 3 books so far. Harmony Black made her appearance first in the Daniel Faust books. She is a tough plucky FBI agent who is part of a black ops group which deals with magical problems.

I bing
Ann
After thoroughly enjoying the book Harmony Black I was eager to read the next book, which is as good if not better. If you like some magic, lots of action and fast furious investigations similar to those of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden, you'll love this series too. ...more
Nervous Nellie Justice
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reviewed
Action, adventure and lots of danger. Harmony Black is one kick ass witch. This series is grade A. More review later......
Bart
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, fantasy
Actual rating: 4.00
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Druid Mystic (Colin McCool #10)
  • Faerie Storm (Harbinger P.I., #8)
  • Blood Bound: A Junkyard Druid Urban Fantasy Short Story Collection (Junkyard Druid Novellas Book 5)
  • The Lycanthrope's Lawyer: An Urban Fantasy Legal Thriller (Colt Valentine Arcane Justice #2)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files, #3)
  • Blood Ascension: Rule of The Council-Book One
  • Infinity Reborn (The Infinity Trilogy #3)
  • Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • Druid Apprentice (Colin McCool #9)
  • Night Rune (Prof Croft Book 8)
  • Infinity Rises (The Infinity Trilogy #2)
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • Depths (Southern Watch, #2)
  • Limelight (Arcane Casebook #5)
  • Fire Season (Eric Carter #4)
  • Druid Bond (Prof Croft #7)
  • Tombyards & Butterflies (Montague & Strong Case Files #1)
Craig Schaefer's books have taken readers to the seamy edge of a criminal underworld drenched in shadow (the Daniel Faust series), to a world torn by war, poison and witchcraft (the Revanche Cycle), and across a modern America mired in occult mysteries and a conspiracy of lies (the Harmony Black series).

Despite this, people say he's strangely normal. Suspiciously normal, in fact. His home on the W

Harmony Black (6 books)
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
  • Glass Predator (Harmony Black, #3)
  • Cold Spectrum (Harmony Black, #4)
  • Right to the Kill (Harmony Black, #5)
  • Black Tie Required (Harmony Black, #6)