Start by marking “Echoes of Winter” as Want to Read:
Echoes of Winter

Echoes of Winter

Thirteen never before seen YA short stories just in time for the holidays!

Book 1: Twelve Days to Christmas by L.A. Starkey
Book 2: Christmas Seasoning by DB Nielsen
Book 3: Merry Chris Witch by CK Dawn
Book 4: Wrapped in the Past by Chess Desalls
Book 5: Butterflies in the Snow by D.E.L. Connor
Book 6: The Darkest Night of the Year by Tim Hemlin
Book 7: Cold Hearth by Ke
Published November 25th 2015 by BrixBaxter Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes of Winter

Start your review of Echoes of Winter
Dianne
Sometimes sweet, sometimes a little edgy, sometimes delightfully cute! These authors have gotten together to share a piece of the Holidays with young adults, no matter their age! No story is too deep, not story loses its balance in being too short, but each will find a home in your thoughts, and maybe even your heart as one takes a walk down Memory Lane, re-connecting with fantasy characters of Christmases past with just a little tweaking done.

From learning the importance of family, of sharing t
Louise White
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the smart and witty writings of L.A. Starkey to the compellingly addictive work of K.k. Allen, the participating authors have provided a remarkable Winter collection that will allow readers to get a flavour of the diverse and unique talents displayed in this collection of short stories. I'll be happily re-reading this for many Christmases to come.
Marie
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read!

A great collection of varying short stories revolving around the holidays. Every story was a fun read that kept me entranced. I honestly couldn't pick a favorite because each story elicited different reactions from me and left me thinking about the characters for a few days. Can't wait to read more by these authors.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
When the holiday comes, what do you usually think of? Is it about the gifts and jolly good old St. Nick? Or do you hate Christmas and have a cold heart like Jack Frost? Maybe you want to travel back in time and catch up with an old pal? Or you just want an extension of Halloween just because you got kicked out of school? Have you ever wished of doing magic or having superpowers? Or you just want to relax, have a good time and spend winter holidays with your family and friends or reconnect with y ...more
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
I received this book in return for an honest review.

Finally! The next installment! *happy dance* I can't believe it took me so long to read it, but hey, life happens. Anywho, I adored this book. I found all the stories pretty interesting. When I started each story, I just got sucked into them. So when people tried talking to me, I never heard them and if I did... it wasn't pretty and I pissed a lot of people off. Lol. I didn't care, I just wanted to be left alone with this book.
It has a little
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teens, YA, Adults
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Kathy-Lynn Cross
There are three reasons why I chose to read this Anthology. I actually won a copy from the release day party from Facebook. I am also a HUGE fan of Kathy-Lynn Cross and I just could not pass up the opportunity to read another amazing story by this author. It is also FREE on Amazon and everybody loves free, right?.....

This is a unique set of stories that will reel you in from beginning to end. They are mystical and magical all rolled into one and it actually helped me get into the Christmas and W
Paula Genereau
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved all these stories. Couldn't put my phone down. Thank you hurricane readers book review for the copy for my honest review
Ryan Guy
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this collection of short stories centered on winter and Christmastime. A lot of the stories tied back to familiar characters in the realms of Christmas lore, which left me feeling nostalgic. At the same time, the modern re-imaginings of elements from these familiar fables impressed me. Let's just say, Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the rest of the crew at the North Pole have more going on in their lives than Christmas once a year.
There is a lot of romance in these pages along with subtle remin
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful collection of stories. I have given this book a 5 star reading because it is very refreshing. It will give you hope, love and a perfectly content feeling. I enjoyed being able to share the stories with my 8 yr old daughter. We giggled, talked and snuggled afterwards. I love reading my "mommy " books, but when I can enjoy a story with one of my littles it fills my heart with warmth.
If you are a bit down or tired of the commercialism of the holidays, this book will remind you of what Chr
Amber Hassler
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I broke down each book with its own review, so this will be long.
--Book 1: Twelve Days Until Christmas By L.A. Starkey -- 4/5
Bitter teenager finds love. What an interesting take on an old tale. First, I thought it stemmed from Scrooge, the main character bitter about past events; but no, it was a twist to Jack Frost. It took a minute for the main character Jessie to warm up to me, maybe that was the point. She was cold, and angry. Upset about loosing the people she loved, but low and behold gain
K.S. Marsden
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A selection of Christmas and Winter themed short stories from thirteen current YA authors.

OK, maybe twelve exceptional writers, and one that's still kidding herself ;)
I loved this collection. I know that I might be a bit biased, but what impresses me most is what a wonderful variety of stories these authors have managed to create. It seems like they planned to take a different element to write about; but after witnessing the process, I can only conclude that it must be magic.

Anyway, I digress.
S.K. Gregory
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From Jack Frost to Santa, witches to faeries, Echoes of Winter is a magical collection of wintery tales that will keep you entranced. Strong leads and a host of excellent writers, this is a great gift for someone. It's hard to pick which story I liked best. They all complemented each other well with a wide range of settings. Highly recommended.
Debbie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved all the different authors winter stories. A Great young adult collection. I especially like the one by D.E.L. Connor as it ties into her Spirit Warriors series. All the the stories are well written.
Stephanie Kneese
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic collection. This is definitely one to curl up with by the fire or on your road trip to see family over the holidays.
Kathryn Synoracki
This book was awesome! If you love to read, this is the book for you! You can read a short book every night! It was so much fun! I totally enjoyed this book and highly recommend!
Teresa Derrick
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mash your favorite authors together and get a terrific book.

Jack Frost makes an appearance with Jessica and that will keep you from being grumpy during the holidays. Kellie finds true love with Simon. A witch being sent to public school has no Christmas spirit but has to work with a Claus to save Christmas. Travel into the past to see the three wise men and try not to leave traces or risk ripples in the time line. Rose has left her family for her safety but she needs her mother and sister. A gre
M.L. Stoughton
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Echoes of Winter was a nice compilation on wintery/Christmas stories. Some of the authors took familiar Christmas themes and characters, and gave them fun new stories. While the others brought action, mystery, supernatural beings, and magic into the wintery mix. And almost all of them had romance. Yes, most of the romance was instalove, but these are short stories, after all.
My favorites were Good Saint Nick by Lu J Whitley and Soaring by K.K. Allen. I'll definitely be checking out their other w
Shelle Perry
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Echoes of Winter is a collection of stories from Young Adult authors. The stories range from the loosely Christmas themed technology thriller, Code X to Santa’s daughter trying to go to school incognito with a disgraced student witch, in Merry Chris Witch. There are a few Winter Solstice stories and many offer a tantalizing taste of a tale unfinished. A few are completely unique and original genre blending tales, such as The Darkest Night of The Year. Each story has a vivid cast of characters an ...more
Melanie Rodriguez
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I received Echoes of Winter through a giveaway. I was pretty excited to read it after loving the Halloween anthology, Echoes of Darkness. The major difference, however, is that there are far more authors involved in this project compared to the previous one.

Unfortunately, it felt like there were just too many.

I did enjoy a handful stories in the anthology, though! I appreciated all the tales that did focus on the Christmas theme and I especially enjoyed the Christmas tales with tie-ins to the s
P.S. Winn
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Readers are going to find some interesting short stories in this collection. With a winter them, including a Christmasy feel in 13 shorts by a variety of authors including Twelve Days to Christmas by L.A. Starkey, Christmas Seasoning by DB Nielsen, Merry Chris Witch by CK Dawn, Wrapped in the Past by Chess Desalls , Butterflies in the Snow by D.E.L. Connor, The Darkest Night of the Year by Tim Hemlin, Cold Hearth by Kelly Hall Code X by W.J. May, Good Saint Nick by Lu J Whitley, Soaring by K.K. ...more
Charity
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Angel, age 13 years, 2 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book is filled with short-stories that tell a story about the true meaning of Christmas. My favorite authors in this books filled with short stories are:

L.A. Starkey;
DB Nielsen;
Kelly Hall; and
Lu J Whitley.

I recommend this book to those that love wintry tales about winter, Christmas and love.
Phillip Stephens
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: diversion

Not quite potpourri, more of a mixed bag

Writers take two approaches to short stories. One approach treats the short story as a separate art form, requiring its own artistic sensibility and rules of craft. The other treats them as the bastard step-children to the novel, ideas not worth developing into a novel or tossed of to include in promotional campaigns and anthologies.

Readers who don't appreciate the short story as an art form will most likely be fine with Echoes of Winter. Those who do wil
Mary Quire
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review of Echoes of Winter

I gave this book a five star rating because almost all of the stories within were well worth it. What made it even more enjoyable was the fact I was able to read it during the winter season. I loved the mystery of what I 'd find in each tale. Even when I thought one would be hum-drum, I was surprised in the end. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys short stories.
Roxanne Dugger-Martinez
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Hurricane Readers Review group in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoy anthologies. This anthology has some great YA reads that I enjoyed even at an older age than characters. I enjoy YA reads so this was a no brainer for me. W.J.May is one of my favorite authors and I enjoyed her story Code X. I really enjoyed book 1 and loved book 3. Happy reading!
Debra Barstad
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was a cute collection of YA romance type short stories. I found some of them better than others but would say overall it was a good mixture.I would recommend this book to those that like short stories as well as young adult type books.
Elaina
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A worthy collection for YA readers. From romance to supernatural through action, there is something intriguing in every tale.
Stacey
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I've read the stories in this over the last few months between full length books. There was a good selection of genres within, from romance to PNR. Honestly, a couple of them I wasn't really keen on; but there were a few I really liked.

Individual ratings below, with an overall average of 3.5*.

L.A. Starkey - Twelve Days Until Christmas 4.5*
Tim Hem
Ryanne Nichols
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Worth a read if...

you can get past some very bad typos, perhaps there was no proofreading done? The stories are mostly good, most with a romantic slant but not knowing the difference between shutter and shudder is a pet peeve of mine. I seem to find bad proofing in a lot of compilations. I DO think the stories have good and some even new and clever plot lines so if you have patience, give it a chance.
Carol Sandford
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
um...i only got this for k k allens story but when i eventually got to it i found i'd already read it. i read a couple of the other short stories and they were lovely, but i skipped the rest as they weren't my cup of tea
Conny
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
Book 1: Twelve Days to Christmas by L.A. Starkey (5 Stars)
Book 2: Christmas Seasoning by DB Nielsen (2 Stars)
Book 3: Merry Chris Witch by CK Dawn (2 Stars)
Book 4: Wrapped in the Past by Chess Desalls (Did not read it.
Don't like stories about the past like this, sorry)-would never buy a book like this.
Book 5: Butterflies in the Snow by D.E.L. Connor (3 Stars)
Book 6: The Darkest Night of the Year by Tim Hemlin (Did not read it)
Book 7: Cold Hearth by Kelly Hall (Did not read it)
Book 8: Code X by W.
Book Giveaways: [Ends Dec 28] Special Giveaway from CK Dawn! 1 8 Dec 15, 2015 10:22AM
Trail-Mix Readers: December 2015 4 19 Dec 02, 2015 07:43AM

• Begin Again
  • Waterfall Effect
  • Dangerous Hearts (A Stolen Melody Duet, #1)
  • Falling from Gravity (Gravity, #1.5)
  • Keeper
  • Center of Gravity
  • Belonging to the Bodyguard
  • The Stablehand's Submission
  • Once Wicked (The Cunningham Family, #0.5)
  • Tin Toys
  • Jon
  • Jude's Magic
  • Gear Heart (Steampunk Mystery)
  • Shelter (Shifters and Partners #7)
  • My Military Wolf
  • Cold Hands, Warm Heart (Steampunk Mystery)
  • Like A One-Eyed Cat (Steampunk Mystery)
  • Designs By The Sea
LA Starkey or Laurie is the author of the Amazon Best Selling series, The Soul Keeper, a supernatural young adult series, and The Liarus Detective Series, a supernatural middle-grade series.

She is a former-CPA turned full-time fiction writer. Writing and reading are passions she just can’t help but indulge in on a daily basis. She lives with her husband and teenage son in Nashville, TN, and enjoys