Start by marking “The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book” as Want to Read:
The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book

The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book

Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book

Start your review of The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book
Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd)
While this picture book was very beautiful, I wouldn't call the little story things stories. They can't even be called short stories because there was barely anything written. It was mainly pictures. I can't consider this a book. The only reason I'm rating this as a book is because the author told me it was a book haha. Maybe I read it wrong...I'm not sure. I think some of the potential stories could be really cool novels or even a short story. The only one I really really liked was the cat that ...more
Dorky Girl
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a lovely illustrated cat book that isn't about just any cats. In this book you will follow the many different lives of many different cats as they take on the rolls that are usually meant for humans. This book is for anyone that likes cats or is just looking for something funny and quick to read. My cats at home approve!

Full Review Here
>> http://callievamp.blogspot.com/2015/1...
Angelina
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on Fable's Library

Wow I thought I published this already o.o I must be going crazy...I'M SO SORRY!

What I Liked:

When Ciye Cho asked me to read his new book The One of a Kind Cat book, I said YES! After looking at the cover of the book I SAID HECK YES! The One of a Kind Cat book looked SOOOOOOO CUTE! I mean, LOOK AT THIS. Take a good look! The colors are so bright, the style is so cute. I've got nothing but praise for the illustrations, they were amazing, I loved them.

(Don

Library

Wow
Angie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Synopsis: "The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book is a whimsical treat for cat lovers everywhere. Dive into its pages to meet Catalina the narcissistic movie star, Kit the steampunk genius, and Guillaume the macaron chef. Browse through letters, notes, and photos to learn about mystery cats from Svalbard and the Amazon. Follow a detective as he unravels the crimes of “Murder Kitties.”

The OOAK Cat Book is a grown-up picture book full of modern themes: a shameless search for fame (or infamy), an obsession
Aeicha
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ciye Cho’s The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book was such a fun, delightful surprise and reading experience! A picture book aimed at adult readers, The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book features 33 unique cats and their various stories.

Featuring a fantastic array of intriguing cats, from a feline starlet to murderous kittens, a chef cat, cats in love, and so much more, this book is bursting with whimsy, wit, and charm. Told through letters, photos, web pages, etc, each cat’s section brings something clever and capti
Kayleigh
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This e-book is a collection of short 'stories' written in different formats about cats. The illustrations are vibrant, beautiful and fitting to each story. There are 30 stories each focusing on a different cat and written in a different way.

We start with Catalina, a feline movie star giving an interview to a magazine and then moving on to tales of the rainbow cat at the Aurora Borealis, Murder Kittens. The way they are written is varied and interesting, something quite different from
Istiningdyah
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The One-Of-A-Kind Cat Book is a picture book about cats and their adventures. It consists of 16 (kind of) short stories. Each has different and unique concept. For example, the first one formatted as a magazine spread in which it uncovers the life of a famous cat actress Catalina Deneuve. Other stories aren’t less interesting too. There’s a story about murder kitten or the one about a cat that sold macaroon suited to cat’s taste. I wish the author included one of the macaroon’s recipes at least. ...more
Ruth B
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, graphic-novel
‘The One-of-a-Kind Cat Book’ is a set of stories starred by cats. We have famous cats, chefs, wild ones, murderers and more. Each story is unique and exciting on its own way. There are a few that only have a page with a couple of illustrations but they still are excellent.

There is a parallelism with humans and it’s easy to imagine each story with a person as the main character.

The illustrations are vivid and colorful and they make the book totally worth it of our time. The cats come
Nayuleska
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read Ciye's previous books including Luminaire (Young Adult, 10E/10E mermaid read) so was delighted to see Ciye's cat themed work. An incredible insight in different types of cats with colourful pictures and a variety of article formats eg magazine article, letters, postcards etc. That description doesn't do the book justice, as it is amazing! The vibrant colours used really brings out the specific nature of each cat. I love cats, and found the unique insight fit their heavily changeable n ...more
Kelsey
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an early copy of this one for an honest review and well, I absolutely loved it! It was positively adorable and so so colorful! I adore cats - but I'm not a crazy cat lady, I promise! ;D - so this was a cute little read! Knowing that Cho is a graphic designer makes this book all the more awesome because you get to see some of his work! I love picture books, so the fact that this is a picture book for adults is even better!!! This was a really fun read, awesome job Ch ...more
vvb
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a gem of a book in a unique and whimsical format. The stories are in various layouts - magazine, letters, electronic tablet, etc. Also full page illustrations are included that provide very colorful eye candy.

It is fun to flip through this ebook and read whatever catches your eye.

The stories are short and varied. The steampunk one was a treat ;-)
Autumn Byrd
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Vibrant colors, simple to read, inspiring and wonderful for cat lovers!
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Coming soon...
Valeria Navarro (Valesbookshelf)
Such an amazing and beautiful read
Full of vibrant and gorgeous images, insanely creative stories and is a total must have for cat lovers
Shalena I.
Nin
Mar 03, 2016
Laura Alina
May 19, 2016
Ciye Cho lives in Australia and works as a graphic designer. He writes YA novels in his free time--and his head is often lost in the clouds or some place far from reality...