Start by marking “Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue, #1)

Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue #1)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  9,145 Ratings  ·  888 Reviews
When Sydney police department sex crimes detective Harriet Blue is called into her boss’s office, she never imagined it would be to tell her that her brother is the prime suspect in the brutal murders of three women.

Shocked and in denial, Harry is transferred to Perth to avoid the media exposure this case will attract. Harry is sent into the outback – the never never – to

Published August 25th 2016 by Century

To ask other readers questions about Never Never, please sign up.
Courtenay Knowing how quickly Patterson puts out books, I'm guessing in about 2-3 months...
Shane Moore My guess would be no but with Candice Fox being the co author who knows

Phrynne
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 5000-books
I often have to suspend belief when I am reading crime novels but that usually is not too much of a problem. This one was tricky though. I asked my husband to read it -he has worked in Uranium mines in South Africa as well as Australia - and he suggested it was a tad under researched:) He was being polite.

Anyway, if you ignore all the obvious nonsense there is a pretty good and easy to read story. Harriet Blue was an okay main character but it was a pity her partner was such a wash out. He had
Bianca

My first Patterson (is it, though?) novel didn't make the best impression on me.

When I saw that it was set in Western Australia, I had to request it.
A kick-ass, no messing around police woman? Yes, please. Her name is Harriet (Harry) Blue, she's a sex crimes detective.

Honestly, there aren't many things to be complimentary about, unless being a quick read counts as a compliment.

There were quite a few things that made me arch my eyebrow and scratch my head, figuratively speaking, I can'
Matt
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
After their successful work together in a BookShot, Patterson and Fox combine their talents to expand on that short story, penning a great full-length novel. Harriet 'Harry' Blue is stunned when she learns that her brother has been arrested as the prime suspect in the Georges River Killer case, which has attracted much attention in the Sydney area. Acting quickly and knowing her predisposition to argue with her fists before her mouth, Blue's superior, Chief Morris, pulls some strings and has her ...more
Brenda
Detective Harriet Blue’s boss whom she called Pops ordered her out of town – away from the press and away from the most terrible thing to have happened to her in her life. Harry was sent to the Bandya uranium mine deep in the Western Australian outback and well away from Perth – her job; to discover the whereabouts of missing miners who seemed to have vanished without trace. Harry’s life had been centred on her job in the force in Sydney – the desert of WA was the complete opposite.

Harry was joi
Krystin Rachel
My book ish: Blog | Insta

Literally two of my three book-related New Years Resolutions for 2018 were to stop reading James Patterson and I’ve already failed. It’s only March! What is wrong with me?!

Don’t answer that.

My only consolation is that this wasn’t totally fucking awful.

Candice Fox is an excellent writer on her own. She’s obviously the reason this book is at least relatively well written, if not still an emotional flatliner that is full of logic-holes.

It maintains the typical Patterson sty
Carolyn
Set in outback WA in a mining camp this promised to be an interesting novel. Several people are missing and detective Harriet (‘Harry’) Blue, needing to get away from a high profile case in Sydney, is sent to investigate. A detective from Perth, Edward Whittaker is sent to work with her.

I found the plot a bit patchy and not very plausible. Harry is drawn as feisty and fearless but perhaps also somewhat imprudent as she tends to throw herself into action at the slightest chance without telling he
Lee
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Detective Harry (Hariette) Blue's brother is the prime suspect in several murders. Due to this case and her profile Harry is moved to the outback in Western Australia, away from the media looking into the disappearance of a young man. Harry starts to investigate this disappearance but soon three more young people have also disappeared, we have a murderer on our hands now as all three are found dead. Harry is then out to find the killer which is not easy in this remote area as there are several s ...more
Tim
Apr 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
...As in you should never, never waste your time with this. 0 of 10 stars
Suzanne
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never Never is a funny and interesting short read. I actually really enjoyed Harry and Whitt a lot. I found the crime plot intriguing and the dialogue amusing. I need to go to the store soon and pick of up Fifty, Fifty ASAP! I am still so looking forward to finding out more on her brother’s situation. There really was not too much about it in Never Never. After reading Black & Blue and Never Never, a reader gets fully engrossed with his story plot. I did deduct a star though because it was a ...more
Chanel Lindsay
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a read. My new favourite James Patterson book series! I loved the bookshot prequel 'Black and Blue' and I'm so glad that Patterson carried on the series and make it a full-length book! Just brilliant!

This book continues on from the prequel 'Black and Blue' and follows Detective Harriet Blue, who needs to get out of town fast. With her brother under arrest for a series of brutal murders in Sydney, Harry's chief wants the hot-headed detective kept far from the press. So he assigns her a
Josh
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never Never by James Patterson and Candice Fox is a murder mystery set in an outback mining town in Western Australia. The protagonist, Detective Harriet Blue is sent to the remote outpost to investigate the presumed murder of one of the miners; I say presumed, as only a foot has been located belonging the to miner - he could be alive and well though it's unlikely.

The mine itself is full of interesting and dark characters. The authors do well in establishing a varied cast as suspects including
Steven Walle
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mr. Patterson did his tipical masterful job. This was an exciting, yet a bit gory and graphic book, about the mining and sex slave business in Austrailia.
I enjoyed it.
Enjoy and Be Blessed.
Steven Walle
Suzette
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wow. In a bad way.

People are tortured and thrown down a mineshaft and a sniper is randomly firing at people in the desert but the police can't get a warrant and have no reason to search anything or do anything or get any cooperation. No backup is sent. This is the dumbest story I have read in years.
Laura Rash
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Harriet Blue is a fabulous character that makes for an outrageously great read! Her attitude makes you laugh out loud at some points & kick someone's ass the next! Hope there's many more stories with her!
JennE
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, jp
A new character from JP... but why do women detective characters always seem to have some horrible childhood that leaves them with something to prove and little emotion? What is wrong with just being a strong woman?
As a kid, Det. Harriet Blue was a foster kid bumped from house to house, along with her brother. Now, she's grown up and is sent to the Outback to solve the mysterious disappearance of three uranium miners, while her brother is being charged as the Georges River Killer, a serial kille
Rob
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: serial-thrillers
Number 1 in the Harriet Blue series.
I'm not much of a James Patterson devotee but I have to admit that the collaboration with other writers has improved the quality of his novels greatly. With the help of Candice Fox : Never Never is a cracking read.
The story takes place in outback WA on an uranium mine.
There are parts that will stretch your imagination, like on site drug dealers, on site prostitutes, but I've never worked in an uranium mine so what would I know.
Harriet Blue is one hardarsed wom
Scott
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Another Patterson novel to review. although this one is a first in a potential series focusing on a female detective in Australia. Unfortunately, it is the usual plot line of a serial killer on on the loose in a mining company operation in the middle of nowhere desert. Harriet (nicknamed Harry) Blue is our lead detective who's been sent to this desolate location because her brother has just been arrested and charged with killing several women himself. Harry tries to solve her serial killer chall ...more
♥ Sandi ❣

Harriet "Harry" Blue is a detective in the Australian sex crime unit of Surry Hills. She is under the command of the same man who was at one time her boxing coach. All things are going as usual and then 'Pops' calls her into his office. She is being sent to the desert - to a uranium mine in the desert - to find a missing person. Harry puts up a fight - she is sex crimes - what is going on? Then the hammer drops. Her brother is being charged with the sexual murder of three women. 'Pops"
David
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
OK..ish enough (I guess). I had a few plot implausibility issues. Perhaps the biggest was that I didn't buy into a sex crimes detective from Sydney being sent on a whim to the Western Australian outback to investigate a murder. I wonder what the WA Police Force would think of this?
I also didn't buy the relative lawlessness of a modern day FIFO mining camp, complete with resident drug dealer and company endorsed prostitutes. Would a heavily cashed up drug dealer really be living in a run-down ca
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is the first time I have not finished a James Patterson book. The characters were unlikeable; I figured out "whodunit" at the beginning of the book; and the senseless descriptions of animal cruelties were completely unnecessary and a turn-off. I'm glad I got this book from the library and didn't spend any money on it. I'll be skipping any future Harriet Blue novels.
Karen
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Didn't care for it. Unable to like main character and too long and drawn out. Almost gave up several times until finally just skipping to end chapters to finish.
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*3.5 stars
I have endorsed the writing of Candice Fox to anyone that will listen since she released her debut crime novel, Hades back in 2014. I was pleased for Candice Fox when I read she had gained a lucrative writing partnership deal with international bestselling author James Patterson. I am hoping and I am sure Candice is too, that this new book collaboration will also draw in many new readers to her standalone works.

Never Never definitely contains many of the clear trademarks that define Ja
Karen
Oct 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Candice Fox should be ashamed to call herself Australian. I was so excited when this came out. Now poetic licence I understand. A fantasy I understand. But ONE tiny bit of reality might have helped. The pair where that slack in their research of life at a FIFO camp it was a joke. They even rationed the food lol
Suspending belief is one thing, but NOTHING was correct.
If I could have given it zero stars I would have.
Considering he made 4 times as much as the next highest selling author, we know w
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
I'm in between 3 and 4 on this book...it's a good story, but I was disappointed that I pegged "who dunnit" QUICKLY. maybe I've just read too many patterson mysteries and it was easy? I'm not sure...regarddless, it was a fast paced and fast read for me although I am NOT in agreement with ANY implications that motorcycles or heavy metal music or video games create killers. just sayin...
Penelope
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Four days to read a James Patterson novel is not a good sign. I couldn't get into this one for ages, and after I finally did, it was just kind of boring.
Charlotte Smith
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
What a book this was. Really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next in the series.
Maureen DeLuca
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings with this book. A new police procedure book -introducing Harriet Blue. Sometimes she can kick some azz and being confident-other times she is more confused than ever. The book takes place someplace in Australia- mining country. A psycho is picking off miners and we have to figure out who, and why. I happen to like police/detective books- this was just OK... I most likely will pick up the second book in the future to see if the plot line,story, writing gets better.
Simon McDonald
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Candice Fox is one of Australia’s best and most innovative crime writers, so when her collaboration with multi-million copy bestseller James Patterson was announced, I was wary, simply because I couldn’t imagine their distinct styles coalescing. Patterson and his co-authors write fairly conventional thrillers, stripped to the bare essentials to ensure Patterson’s trademark rocket-fast pace. They’re fine-tuned, well-oiled machines, and provide plenty of readers precisely what they want. What has ...more
Julie Garner
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thriller
LOVED IT!!! This was something a little different from this combination of authors. Set in the Australia Outback on a mining property. There is lots of drama and things going on as a side to this central story.
My gut kept telling me on thing but my head told me another in regards to the path that Harry was heading down and what was going on in the background. Wish I had listened to my gut! Would have made the ending a little easier for me. That said...it was excellent that I was pulled in diffe
Tom Tischler
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a pretty decent story and it's listed as book one in the Harriet Blue series.
I was going to give it a 4 until I reached the end. I hate books that end like this.
Being that it's listed as book one maybe it's going to be continued but I don't
really care. I gave it a 3.
Aussie Lovers of...: March 2018-First Thoughts-**No Spoilers**-Never Never 9 20 Mar 20, 2018 05:26PM
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 375 million books worldwide and currently holds the Guinness World
More about James Patterson

Detective Harriet Blue (3 books)
  • Fifty Fifty (Detective Harriet Blue, #2)
  • Liar Liar (Detective Harriet Blue, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
  • Since We Fell
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Monkey's Raincoat (Elvis Cole, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“American Literary Community at the 2015 National Book Awards. He holds the Guinness World Record for the most #1 New York Times bestsellers, and his books have sold more than 350 million” 0 likes
“I put my” 0 likes