Start by marking “The Exes in My Glass: How I Refined My Taste in Men & Alcohol” as Want to Read:
The Exes in My Glass: How I Refined My Taste in Men & Alcohol

Read Book

The Exes in My Glass: How I Refined My Taste in Men & Alcohol

Girls like Lisa Mattson are supposed to grow up and develop a taste for Coors Light and men named Bubba—not spend their weekends cruising through Napa Valley in a convertible. After twenty years in the wine business and ten years of marriage, the former magazine editor and award-winning wine blogger opens up about her darkest follies with men and booze during her twenties, ...more
Published February 1st 2016 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Exes in My Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exes in My Glass

Start your review of The Exes in My Glass: How I Refined My Taste in Men & Alcohol
Samantha March
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy
Review:
I am typically not a huge fan of memoirs, but something about this one stuck out to me. The synopsis made me chuckle and I thought the cover looked intriguing, so I decided to give it a go. And it was a good decision! Each chapter signifies a man in Lisa’s life (and also what she was drinking at that time) and through her phases, we watched as she grew as person. We saw how she was able to move on from a crappy childhood and start to make something for herself. We
Mary
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All young women should read this.

This was a movement through growing up and learning self worth, having the confidence to believe in yourself and not settle when all your friends are getting married. It also gave me some wines to experience.
Nathaniel Winters
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a man and a historian, I probably took a different point of view of Lisa Mattson's excellent memoir about her single life. Her organization of the book was unique; each chapter was another lover. Leaving Kansas behind as a nineteen year old, she finds her Oz in Miami. With it's beaches and sunny weather it became the young woman's paradise.
Now for my historian's point of view. By reading this book I realized how much the Boomer sexual revolution of the 60's and 70's changed the lives of the
Tracy Miller
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lisa's journey to find love was a long and interesting one to read. It was fun to see how her taste in men evolved throughout the years to find her "champagne". This book helps put your own dating life into the book and see how your dating palate has changed throughout the years.
Whispering Stories
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
‘The Exes in my Glass’ is an autobiographical look at the world of dating by American author, Lisa M. Mattson.

The cover design is bright and cheerful. The title gives a strong hint as to the content and is quirky enough to attract the casual browser. I commend the author for a comprehensive synopsis. There can therefore be little excuse for buying it, if you’re not a fan of autobiographical literature, albeit I suspect, with a touch of poet’s licence.

We witness the bitter sweet dynamism of Lisa’
Rebecca Farrell
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a lot of fun it was to ride along with Harley on her steep learning curves of love! Just about every type of bad...and almost good...boyfriend gets covered in the memoir, and the vulnerability on display is exceptional and emblematic of a writer who wants others to know that it gets better as long as you're determined to learn from your mistakes.

This was a free copy from the author, and enjoyed it far more than I expected!
Julia
Apr 11, 2020
Katie
Jan 28, 2018
M. Grinnell
rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2017

• The Guest Book
  • Goodbye, Paris
  • Startup
  • The Winter Sister
  • Lost Roses (Lilac Girls, #2)
  • Lady Clementine
  • The Chelsea Girls
  • The Library of Legends
  • The Paris Hours
  • The Book of Longings
  • Old World Magick for the Modern World: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Balance, Empower, and Create a Life You Love
With a bachelor’s degree in communications and a master’s in heartache, Lisa Mattson’s fate to write about bad romances was sealed in elementary school when a snowball fight with her first boyfriend landed him in the hospital. He dumped her the following day.

Raised in rural Kansas, Mattson’s childhood was filled with cheap beer and fried chicken—an ideal foundation for a career promoting prestige

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...